3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
RPGCadre

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by RPGCadre »

Redstreak
“For that matter, Redstreak, are you Barry Allen break the Time Barrier fast?"
Redstreak spent a portion of the trip thinking about her role, what she needed to do, and mentally making sure that this wasn’t one of those moments when she made a costly mistake. It came as a huge relief to her when Intrepid asked Horus a question pulling her out of her current train of thought.

She listened as Horus answered the question in order to get a sense of what kind of person he was. “Well so far so good,” she thought. “He doesn’t come off like a pompous jerk. He’s probably going to be the one that watches me like a hawk though.”

When Intrepid direct a question to her, Redstreak put on her best smile, but there was a hint of uncomfort behind it. “I don’t think I do, and I really don’t want to find out.” she answered. “Since I’ve had my powers, Barry tends to get a bit preachy at times. One of the things he loves to go on about is the cautionary tales of using the Speed Force in that way.” Redstreak made sure to turn her entire body in order to look directly at Intrepid.

“I have a motto…mantra…whatever. Never underestimate your own stupidity. If I have that ability, I know I’d use it. It’s this great fix it button that comes with all kinds of bad. If I get really close to any of you and something tragic happened, I would use it. I wouldn’t second guess it; I wouldn’t give a crap about the repercussions. I know how I get. I’ll get stubborn and I’ll just dash in and do it.”

Redstreak let out a hint of a snicker. “Whenever I tell Barry that he gives me that look. I guess he knows that it’s going to be an inevitability that the Speed Force is going to toss in my lap. For right now, I don’t even want to think about having that much power in the palm of my hands. The Mandela Effect would be silly giggle games compared to the damage I might do."
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Intrepid
Condition: Normal
HP:
RPGCadre wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:42 pm “I don’t think I do, and I really don’t want to find out.” she answered. “Since I’ve had my powers, Barry tends to get a bit preachy at times. One of the things he loves to go on about is the cautionary tales of using the Speed Force in that way.” Redstreak made sure to turn her entire body in order to look directly at Intrepid.

“I have a motto…mantra…whatever. Never underestimate your own stupidity. If I have that ability, I know I’d use it. It’s this great fix it button that comes with all kinds of bad. If I get really close to any of you and something tragic happened, I would use it. I wouldn’t second guess it; I wouldn’t give a crap about the repercussions. I know how I get. I’ll get stubborn and I’ll just dash in and do it.”
"Yeah, well," She smiles at Redstreak once again. "We do live in an era where we have Time Spheres. I prefer to have a back up in case they malfunction. Mind you, that's not our mission this time around."
RPGCadre

Post by RPGCadre »

Redstreak
"Yeah, well," She smiles at Redstreak once again. "We do live in an era where we have Time Spheres. I prefer to have a back up in case they malfunction. Mind you, that's not our mission this time around."
“I’ve never done it before, so I’ll need some alone time to figure out how to pull it off.” When Redstreak looked up she flashed a smile of her own.
“If I am going to do some time tinkering then I might use you as a test subject. So if you’re…I don’t know goofing off on Tinder and I tell you to swipe left, then you’ll know that I’ve been doing some time walking. We could be experiment buddies. You help me with this and I could help you with whatever you need help with. Deal?”
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:10 pm "Honestly, I don't know what's more obsurd, that you would abandon an assignment, or that you thought you could hide from me. I mean, that might have worked against most, but I think you severely underestimate me. I might just feel a tad insulted." Maverick teased mildly.

"In any case, the higher ups think interaction between you two is ill-advised right now, sooo...I guess expect a flaying when we get back. Not much to be done about it now. You're here and avoiding Hawkangel is going to be a bit tricky on this little shuttle. Besides, I dont feel inclined to get scorched by telling you no, and we can probably use you on Apokolips."
"It's not abandoned. Vanguard is on it.

"And, I didn't really think I could fool you, I was counting on you to wait until we were out of spacedock to 'find' me."

Her wings twitch and extend before retracting again.

"This was more important than the assignment anyway. I have to know what I already believe. I believe that man out there is my son - or at least the son of one of my past lives."

She drops the bombshell as she allows her face plate and helm to retract - you already know her containment suit is programmed to allow her to do that with no danger, so long as she doesn't start lobbing fire blasts. Which pretty much means you're unlikely to be scorched.

"Peace offering." She says and hands Maverick a piece of equipment - just over palm sized. It's New God tech, but not a Mother Box.

In the main compartment, Richochet calls back from the cockpit.

"I have us in geosynchronous orbit. Pulling a stunt from an old holovid and we're pretty much floating with the trash. We're running on minimal reserves so don't move to quick unless you want the gravity generators to be unable to compensate for you.

"I've run further scans of the surface. I do detect life - such that it is on this forsaken rock. Stone Age tech levels, no evidence of machinery in use, at least on the surface. No sign of parademons."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Maverick
Feeling: Show Time
HP: 1

Maverick accepts the device, but before he can look it over, Ricochete informs the group of their arrival. He pockets the device to look at a little later, or just ask Solarhawk about it. Right now he had to shift into mission mode.

"Well, that's all more or less good news. Of course the parademons could just be hiding for now. In any case, we should try to locate a point of interest we can use as a starting point. Ricochet, how spread out are those life forms? Are we talking a small colony, or a city or a bunch of separate groups?"
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"I'd say settlements. Instinct and databanks would suggest the so-called "Hunger Dogs." Very likely descendants and remnants left to fend for themselves after Darkseid and his Elite stopped ruling them. But in turn, without Darkseid, and without any real resources down there, they're scraping by."

You notice that while standing talking to you, he's also in the cockpit taking readings. The duplicate with you indicates a screen and a map around the old palace. It shows as abandoned. There are clusters the size of small villages around it, separated from each other by debris, fissures and geysers that spew steam but precious little water.

"I'd say settlements. Instinct and databanks would suggest the so-called "Hunger Dogs." Very likely descendants and remnants left to fend for themselves after Darkseid and his Elite stopped ruling them. But in turn, without Darkseid, and without any real resources down their, they're scraping by."

He indicates a spot near the palace, where the walls have collapsed, and specifically a few hundred feet out.

"I'd go there. Not my direct call, but logically, that gives you access to the palace, the chance to scope out from the outside and relatively out of sight of any residents."
Last edited by Bladewind on Wed May 02, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Maverick

Maverick views the map and the area Ricochet indicated then to the others.

"Seems good to me and we can send scouts out from there. Any objections?"
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

If its not clear by now, Solarhawk and Maverick need to move out of the crawl space/ engine cavity so that Maverick can get this info from Taine.

Hawkangel will feel a slight tug towards Solarhawk. He can easily resist, it just feels like he wants to move closer.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Solarhawk looks at Horus before replacing her helm. She flexes her wings and the tug Horus is feeling abates - at least for now.

"I wasn't supposed to be on this mission, but I'll defer to your leadership. No objections on my part."

Ricochet sets the cloaked ship down on the outskirts of Darkseid's palace. You wait a few moments but the dust and debris disturbed by your descent has not attracted attention. You should be able to exit the vehicle and start your recon unnoticed.

Who's doing what?
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Intrepid
Condition: Normal
HP:

"Okay, what's our plan?" All business as she waits for orders from Maverick. "We have no idea what to expect and I am not prepared to assume they have no tech."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Maverick

"The plan is to touch down where Ricochet suggested, using the stealth capabilities of the ship, and send out the scouts to establish a perimeter. We'll try to establish a base camp to fall back to for pick up later as well. I think the palace is a good place to start our search after that. We'll have Hawkangel and Solarhawk fly recon and Redstreak cover the ground for anything the fliers might miss. Intrepid and I will scout the entry to the palace and make sure that's clear in the meantime. If everything turns out clear, We'll use the courtyard as our primary egress. Any objections?"
RPGCadre

Post by RPGCadre »

Redstreak
"The plan is to touch down where Ricochet suggested, using the stealth capabilities of the ship, and send out the scouts to establish a perimeter. We'll try to establish a base camp to fall back to for pick up later as well. I think the palace is a good place to start our search after that. We'll have Hawkangel and Solarhawk fly recon and Redstreak cover the ground for anything the fliers might miss. Intrepid and I will scout the entry to the palace and make sure that's clear in the meantime. If everything turns out clear, We'll use the courtyard as our primary egress. Any objections?"
“Nope,” Redstreak said with a slow shake of her head. “Cover the ground, give everything a good look over, got it.”
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Hawkangel

While known more for Hawklike vision than superhuman hearing, the half-Thanagarian couldn't help but overhear what Solarhawk had said from the rear compartment. He had questions, but with the briefing moving ahead and the mission parameters proceeding, he decided to table his thoughts until the two of them were scouting and had some privacy away from the others.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Dropping from orbit is easy enough and as you descend it does not appear that you are actively being spotted or targeted. Until Taine realizes that the cloak is starting to fail. Atomspheric interference is damaging the cloak emitters. He's confident that it's a natural phenomena - a result of the planet's ionization from the Fire Pits.

Maverick (and Intrepid) can scan the through the cockpit towards the landing site. There is movement on the outer edge, hard to tell size and quantity from this distance and the sensors can't penetrate the stone and what passes for foliage in that area.

"Boss, abort or keep going?" Taine asks.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Maverick
Feeling: Analytical

Maverick considers the situation.

"No, but hold us steady here. If we head down individually rather than in the shuttle, we womt be as easy to spot, then keep a low profile yourself but keep radio contact on the hourly just so we know we still have a connection and our ride out if things get dicey."

He addresses his teammates. "We'll head out and run the plan as intended, but only after we secure a ground base below. We aren't sure yet if those are hostile forces or not, so We'll recon that once we're down there.