Batgirl III's Character Thread (Simon Baz, Lady Shiva)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Batgirl III

Euryale the Gorgon

Post by Batgirl III »

EURYALE THE GORGON
Original Character
Power Level 10 ( 180 PP )

Niccolò Machiavelli wrote:Since love and fear can hardly coexist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.
ABILITIES
Strength 2
Stamina 3
Agility 4
Dexterity 3
Fighting 10
Intellect 2
Awareness 3
Presence 3

SKILLS
Acrobatics 1 (+5), Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+14), Deception 15 (+18), Insight 7 (+10), Intimidation 12 (+15), Investigation 5 (+8), Perception 7 (+10), Persuasion 7 (+10), Stealth 1 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
Assessment, Chokehold, Close Combat (2), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (5), Equipment (1), Fearless, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Languages [English, Greek; 1], Power Attack, Set-Up, Skill Mastery [Intimidation], Startle, Well-Informed

POWERS
Petrifying Gaze Affliction 8 (Resist/Recover: Fortitude; Conditions: Dazed and Hindered, Defenseless and Immobile, Transformed and Unaware; E: Continuous, Extra Condition, Progressive, Ranged [Perception]; F: Sense Dependent [Visual]) [ 40 PP ]
AE: Dreadful Wail Affliction 10 (Resist/Recover: Fortitude; Conditions: Dazed and Will Impaired, Stunned and Will Disabled, Paralyzed and Will Debilitated;
E: Area [Perception], Extra Condition, Ranged [Perception]; F: Sense Dependent [Auditory]) [ 1 PP ]
Immortal Immunity 4 (Aging, Poisons/Toxins; Petrifying Effects) [ 5 PP ]
Chthonic Senses 1 (Visual: Low-Light)[ 1 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 5 EP )
Xiphos Shortsword Damage 3 (Strength-based; E: Penetrating [2]) [ 5 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (12) Base 8
Parry: (12) Base 2
Fortitude: (10) Base 7
Toughness: (3/8) ——
Will: (10) Base 3

WORKSHEET
Attack: 14 Effect: 2 Total: 16 (Unarmed)
Attack: 11 Effect: 5 Total: 16 (Xiphos)
Attack: -- Effect: 8 Total: 8 (Petrifying Gaze)
Attack: -- Effect: 10 Total: 10 (Dreadful Wail)

Dodge: 12 Tough: 3/8 Total: 15/20
Parry: 12 Tough: 3/8 Total: 15/20
Fort: 10 Will: 10 Total: 20

ABILITIES [ 60 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 30 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 23 pp ] +
POWERS [ 47 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 20 pp ] =
180 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Cult of Personality: Euryale is self-centered and vain in the extreme, appeals to her vanity almost always work. She is legendarily prideful and conceited. Her ego and pride means that she refuses to ever seek assistance, she won't admit to her own wrongdoing, and it almost always means the end of her schemes.
Say My Name!: Euryale's ego means that she is instantly and irrevokably angered by anyone who dares call her "Medusa."
Motivation: Euryale wants power. Power over others, power over nations, power over the elements, power over the whole of creation. It matters little, so long as Euryale has it and others do not.

Education: Non-Applicable
Date of Birth: 1982 BCE (Age 4,000)
Base of Operations: Mobile
Height: 5'1" (1.55 m)
Weight: 106 lbs. (48 kg)
Measurments: 34-24-34 (32B)
Eyes: Green
Hair: Blonde
Race: Demigod
Identity: Public
Religion: Chthonic
Relationships: Complicated
Legal Status: Non-Applicable

Background
Euryale Phorkídos (Greek: Εὐρυάλη "far-roaming"), is the very same one found in Greek mythology. The second eldest of the Gorgons, the three sisters were daughters of the primordial sea god and goddess Phorcys and Ceto. Her youngest sister, Medusa, was slain by Persus about a thousand years before the Common Era. Her eldest sister, Stheno, went missing sometime during the Fourth Crusade. Euryale was mostly quiet during the last few centuries herself, but emerged from seclusion in the 1980s as the leader of an organized crime syndicate and chthonic cult.

Euryale has clashed with Europa and the rest of the WOTAN Network numerous times, since she's determined to take over the world and like Alexander, Caesar, and Napoleon, she has decided to start with Europe.

Notes
And her we have a Vandal Savage-type foe for the European superteam I've been posting, a fun combination of a physical treat and a few potent super-powers. And yes, Euryale's nasty scream is straight out of the Greek myths.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Batgirl III

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread

Post by Batgirl III »

GRIFFIN
Original Character
Power Level 10 ( 150 PP )

ABILITIES
Strength 4 (Lifting: 6)
Stamina 12
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 7
Intellect 3
Awareness 4
Presence 4

SKILLS
Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 3 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 7 (+14), Deception 3 (+7), Expertise [Tactics] 10 (+12), Expertise [Psychology] 6 (+8), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 6 (+10), Treatment 6 (+8)

ADVANTAGES
All-Out Attack, Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initative (2), Interpose, Leadership, Lionhearted, Power Attack, Set-Up, Teamwork

POWERS
Nigh Invulnerability Immunity 7 (Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat, High Pressure, Low Pressure, Radiation; Suffocation); Impervious Toughness 12 [ 19 PP ]
Speed of the Eagle Speed 5 (60 MPH) [ 5 PP ]
Heart of the Lion Enhanced Ability 2 (+2 Strength; F: Limited to Lifting) [ 1 PP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (8) Base 5
Parry: (8) Base 1
Fortitude: (12) Base 0
Toughness: (12) ——
Will: (8) Base 4

WORKSHEET
Attack: 14 Effect: 4 Total: 18 (Unarmed)
Dodge: 8 Tough: 12 Total: 20
Parry: 8 Tough: 12 Total: 20
Fort: 12 Will: 8 Total: 20

ABILITIES [ 80 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 25 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 10 pp ] +
POWERS [ 25 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 10 pp ] =
150 PP TOTAL

NOTES
Haven't thought of much a background for this guy yet, just came across some awesome artwork and was inspired to make a character. A lower-tier "Strong Guy" with an abidance of tankiness and excellent leadership skills. Would probably be a lot of fun to play.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

So I had a "you know you`re a nerd when" moment last night.

I was watching Supergirl when Mon-El used a cloth/ cape to fight a T-Rex. He then explained that he used to have a cape on his official Legion uniform.
And what did that immediately make me think of? (Other than an actual segue into his red and blue suit.)

Yep.

Batgirl III`s Guide to Capes !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

Griffin is a great other take on the Invulnerable, but not especially powerful, hero. On the other board, I had Gan Foster, aka Twilight the Indestructible Man. Because Heroes Unlimited had limited strength levels (back then), and he was one of my first roll ups. (Alongside Mace.)
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Batgirl III

Singularity Lad

Post by Batgirl III »

Singularity Lad
Original Character
Power Level 10 ( 150 PP )

Isaac Asimov wrote:Miniaturization doesn't actually make sense unless you miniaturize the very atoms of which matter is composed. Otherwise a tiny brain in a man the size of an insect, composed of normal atoms, is composed of too few atoms for the miniaturized man to be any more intelligent than the ant. Also, miniaturizing atoms is impossible according to the rules of quantum mechanics.
Robert A. Heinlein wrote:Everything is theoretically impossible, until it’s done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen.
ABILITIES
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 5
Awareness 3
Presence 2

SKILLS
Close Combat [Unarmed] 6 (+10), Expertise [Astrophysics] 5 (+10), Expertise [Science] 5 (+10), Investigation 5 (+8), Perception 5 (+8), Ranged Attack [Miniaturization Bolts] 6 (+8), Sleight of Hand 4 (+6), Stealth 5 (+8), Vehicles 7 (+9)

ADVANTAGES
Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (4), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (14), Inventor, Jack-of-All-Trades

POWERS
Compact Storage Feature 6 (reduce mass of carried items by rank) [ 6 PP ]
Graviton Sense Senses 4 (Mental: Gravity Awareness; Visual: Microscopic [3]) [ 4 PP ]
Miniaturization Bolts Affliction 12 (Resist: Dodge; Recover: Fortitude; Conditions: Transformed [Shrink to Tiny Size]; E: Progressive, Ranged; F: Limited to Third Degree) [ 24 PP ]
AE: Shrink Incoming Attacks Deflect 18 [ 1 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 70 EP )
Standard-Issue Legion Gear (35 EP Total)
Legion Flight Ring Communication 5 (Subspace, Anywhere; F: Limited to Distress Signal); Flight 7 (250 MPH; F: Distracting [1 Rank]) [ 18 EP ]
Telepathic Plug Communication 1 (Mental, Close Range; E: Subtle [1]); Comprehend 3 (Languages: Speak Any One at a Time, Understand All, Read All) [ 11 EP ]
Transuit Immunity 6 (Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat, Pressure, Radiation; Suffocation) [ 6 EP ]

Utility Belt Array (9 EP Total)
Anti-Gravity Grappling Hook Movement 2 (Safe-Fall, Swinging; E: Subtle [1]) [ 5 EP ]
AE: Move Object 4 (600 lbs.; E: Tether; F: Limited Direction [Attraction]) [ 1 EP ]
Backup Commlink [ 1 EP ]
Pocket Computer [ 1 EP ]
Universal Tool Enhanced Advantage 1 (Improvised Tools) [ 1 EP ]

Miniaturized Vehicles Array (25 EP Total)
Rocket Bike [ 24 EP ]
AE: Legionmobile [ 1 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (10) Base 8
Parry: (10) Base 6
Fortitude: (8) Base 6
Toughness: (2/6) ——
Will: (8) Base 5

WORKSHEET
Attack: 10 Effect: 2 Total: 12 (Unarmed)
Attack: 8 Effect: 12 Total: 20 (Miniaturization Bolts)
Dodge: 10 Tough: 2/6 Total: 12/16
Parry: 10 Tough: 2/6 Total: 12/16
Deflect: 18 Tough: 2 Total: 20
Fort: 8 Will: 10 Total: 18

ABILITIES [ 44 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 24 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 22 pp ] +
POWERS [ 35 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 25 pp ] =
150 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Acceptance (Scientific Advancement): Krl is the son and student of one of the greatest scientists in his homeworld's history, but compared to the rest of the United Planets, he's an uneducated rube. Krl desperately wants to prove he's just as good a scientist as any. Maybe better.
Duty (Legion Academy): Singularity Lad is not a full-member of the Legion of Superheroes, Krl is still officially a cadet in training.
Responsibility (Honor): Krl feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all.
Responsibility (Syzyg): Syzyg is a bit of a primitive backwater, by United Planets standards, Krl is determined to put his homeworld "on the map" and prove that they belong in the wider universe.

Homeworld: Syzyg
Education: Student
Height: 5'8" (1.75 m)
Weight: 145 lbs. (66 kg)
Eyes: Purple
Hair: Black
Species: Syzygy
Identity: Secret
Relationships: Dr. Mrtn Schwrz (Father), Dby Schwrz (Mother)
Legal Status: Citizen of the United Planets with no criminal record.

Background:
The civilizations on the remote world of Syzyg was a young one, having only entered into the beginnings of their own Atomic Age, when they were invaded by the Khunds during one of that empire's many wars of expansion. The respected scholar and philosopher, Mrtn Schwrz, had seen them coming with his newly designed "graviton telescope" and was able to send a distress call into the void. The Legion of Superheroes answered.

Krl Schwrz was a promising young astrophysicist himself and his father's chief assistant. During the war against the Khunds (well, a war by Syzyg's standards and a mere skirmish for the Legionnaires) he entered into a sort of friendship with Brainiac 5. Querl Dox recognized that the technological level of the Syzygians was low, but that the Schwrz and other Syzygians scientists were nevertheless a very intelligent and scientifically minded society. They had simply had a few centuries less time to grow than others.

In a last act of petty revenge, the retreating Khunds sent a Hunter-Killer Commando team to destroy the graviton telescope that had been their undoing. Krl rushed to defend his father's life's work and was blasted by a Khund energy weapon, right into the heart of the machine, causing it to the artificial singularity to collapse around him... Yet, miraculously, rather the kill him the strange energies seemed to fuse themselves to his very genes.

Singularity Lad has the ability to manipulate matter by altering local space–time curvature, effectively miniaturizing the very atoms of which matter is composed. The most obvious effect of this is that he can cause objects (and even people!) to shrink to a fraction of their normal size. He also has developed the ability to "feel" distortions and manipulations in nearby gravity fields, use gravitational lensing to perceive objects on the cellular scale, and (after some urging from Ultra-Boy) has started storing an ultra fast rocket-bike in his belt pouch.

Notes:
Singularity Lad is largely under-capped in most respects, operating more at the PL8 level than PL10. For this reason, I've decided to characterize him as a Legion Cadet instead of a full-member of the team. He's got a lot of potential though, if you get clever with his Power Stunts, he can pull off some truly epic things. For now, he's more of a Support/Control character, neutralizing the bad guys for a few turns while Mon-El or Supergirl put them down.

Notes II:
So, totally inspired by Jab's recent spat of Legion builds, this really neat bit of artwork that I found, and knowing a friend of mine LOVES to run LSH-themed campaigns) I decided to fully build this guy, who I've had in my head for a while.

Rocket Bike
Equipment Rank 5 ( 25 EP )

VEHICLE TRAITS
Size: Medium [ 0 EP ]
Strength: 3 [ 3 EP ]
Speed: 0 [ 0 EP ]
Defense: 6 [ 6 EP ]
Toughness: 10 [ 5 EP ]

VEHICLE POWERS
Armored Chassis Enhanced Advantage 1 (Second Chance [toughness versus projectile damage]); Impervious Toughness 3 [ 4 EP ]
Anti-Grav Engines Flight 6 (125 MPH; F: Platform) [ 6 EP ]
AE: FTL Jump-Drive Movement 3 (Space Travel [3]) [ 1 EP ]

Legionmobile
Alternate Effect of Rocket Bike ( 1 EP )

VEHICLE TRAITS
Size: Large [ 1 EP ]
Strength: 6 [ 2 EP ]
Speed: 6 [ 6 EP ]
Defense: 8 [ 9 EP ]
Toughness: 10 [ 3 EP ]

VEHICLE POWERS
Features 3 Computer, Navigation, Remote Control, Stealth
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

BATLAD
Original Character
Power Level 8 ( 180 PP )

I made a promise on the grave of my father to rid this planet of the evil that took his life. By day, I am R.J. Wayne, a mild-mannered business school student. At night, criminals, a cowardly and superstitious lot, call me... BATLAD!
ABILITIES
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 5
Dexterity 2
Fighting 8
Intellect 5
Awareness 4
Presence 2

SKILLS
Acrobatics 7 (+12), Athletics 10 (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+12), Expertise [Business] 4 (+9) Expertise [Science] 7 (+12), Expertise [Streetwise] 10 (+15), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 8 (+10), Investigation 13 (+18), Perception 4 (+8), Ranged Combat [Thrown] 10 (+12), Sleight of Hand 3 (+8), Stealth 7 (+12), Technology 5 (+10), Treatment 7 (+12), Vehicles 3 (+8)

ADVANTAGES
Agile Feint, Assessment, Benefit [Wealth (2)], Close Combat (2), Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (12), Hide in Plain Sight, Inventor, Jack-of-All-Trades, Sidekick (4), Skill Mastery [Investigation], Startle, Well-Informed

POWERS
Chiropteran-Enhanced Athletics Leaping 1 (15'); Movement 1 (Sure Footed [1]); Speed 2 (8 MPH) [ 5 PP ]
Chiropteran Senses Enhanced Advantage 5 (Evasion [2], Improved Initiative [2], Uncanny Dodge); Senses 6 (Auditory: Accurate, Extended Ultra-Hearing; Visual: Ultra-Vision)[ 9 PP ]
Telempathic Bond Senses 1 (Mental: Communication Link [Robin])[ 1 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 60 EP )
Standard-Issue Legion Gear [ 35 EP Total ]
Legion Flight Ring Communication 5 (Subspace, Anywhere; F: Limited to Distress Signal); Flight 7 (250 MPH; F: Distracting [1 Rank]) [ 18 EP ]
Telepathic Plug Communication 1 (Mental, Close Range; E: Subtle [1]); Comprehend 3 (Languages: Speak Any One at a Time, Understand All, Read All) [ 11 EP ]
Transuit Immunity 6 (Environmental Cold, Environmental Heat, Pressure, Radiation; Suffocation) [ 6 EP ]

Batsuit [ 3 EP Total ]
Thermoptic Camouflage Concealment 5 ( All Visual; F: Blending, Passive) [ 2 EP ]
Gliding Cape Flight 2 (8 MPH; E: Subtle [1]; F: Gliding, Winged) [ 1 EP ]

Bat Arsenal Array [ 10 EP Total ]
Batarang Damage 2 (Strength-based; E: Indirect [3], Ranged; F: Diminished Ranged [3]) [ 8 EP ]
Optic Scrambler Knuckles Damage 2 (Strength-based; E: Reach [1]) linked to Affliction 4 (Resist/Recover: Fortitude; Conditions: Impaired, Disabled, Unaware; E: Cumulative; E: Reach [1]; F: Limited to one Sense [Visual]) [ 1 EP ]
Smoke Bombs Concealment 2 (Senes: Normal Visual; E: Attack, Area [Cloud, 15'], Ranged) [ 1 EP ]

Utility Belt Array (12 EP Total)
Anti-Gravity Grappling Hook Movement 2 (Safe-Fall, Swinging; E: Subtle [1]) [ 5 EP ]
AE: Move Object 4 (600 lbs.; E: Tether; F: Limited Direction [Attraction]) [ 1 EP ]
Backup Commlink [ 1 EP ]
Cutting Torch Damage 2 linked to Weaken Toughness 3 (E: Affects Only Objects) [ 1 EP ]
Handcuffs [ 1 EP ]
Pocket Computer [ 1 EP ]
UV Batlight Feature 1 (Ultraviolet Flashlight) [ 1 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (12) Base 7
Parry: (12) Base 4
Fortitude: (8) Base 6
Toughness: (2/4) ——
Will: (8) Base 6

WORKSHEET
Attack: 12 Effect: 2 Total: 14 (Unarmed)
Attack: 12 Effect: 4+4 Total: 16+16 (Optic Scrambler Knuckles)
Attack: 12 Effect: 4 Total: 16 (Batarang)
Attack: -- Effect: 2 Total: 2 (Smoke Bombs)
Dodge: 12 Tough: 2/4 Total: 14/16
Parry: 12 Tough: 2/4 Total: 14/16
Fort: 8 Will: 8 Total: 16

ABILITIES [ 60 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 52 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 30 pp ] +
POWERS [ 15 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 23 pp ] =
180 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Duty: Batlad feels a strong sense of responsibility to live up to the example of the Batman and his crusade against crime
Infamy: Criminals are a cowardly and supersitious lot, even in the 31st Century, and the mantle of the bat can strike fear in their hearts. Unfortunately, it also creates unease and tension in the innocent civillian population too. Heroes of the 30th and 31st Centuries tend to be a bright and cheerful sort, Batlad kind of scares the common man.
Secret Identity: Nothing in the Legion bylaws actually forbid the practice, but Batlad is one of the few Legionairres to keep his identity a secret from the general public. Giving him one more thing to worry about and the public one less reason to trust him.

Occupation: Graduate Student, Harvard-Luthor School of Business
Education: Bachelor of Science, Harvard-Luthor University
Date of Birth: Age 25
Base of Operations: Metropolis
Height: 5'5" (1.65 m)
Weight: 145 lbs. (65.8 kg)
Eyes: Black
Hair: Brown
Race: Mutated Human
Religion: Episcopalian
Relationships: M. Wayne (Father, Deceased)

Background:
In 30th century, a man named Wayne was murdered by the insane Professor Ivo. Unbeknownst to Ivo, the reason Wayne worked such long hours as private detective, was that he was a single father doing his best to support his son at university. When R.J. returned from business school to bury his father, he discovered a set of journals passed down from father to father for nearly nine-hundred years. These journals had been begun ages ago by a man named Alfred Pennyworth and they detailed the secret truth behind the legendary Batman. R.J. swore a powerful oath on the grave of his father, swearing to renew his ancestor's war on crime.

Wayne knew that he didn't have access to the same limitless resources as his distant ancestor, it had been nearly six hundred years since the Wayne family were among the world's wealthiest. He had enough savings and investments to continue at university, live comfortably, and construct the equipment he would require... But not enough to wage a one-man crusade like the original Batman. He'd need allies. He'd need the Legion of Super-Heroes.

But the the Legion of Super-Heroes only accepted members with superpowers. So, he gave himself some. Nothing too elaborate or too esoteric, the old journals were clear that superpowers often caused the people who had them to grow overconfident and over-reliant on their abilities. He settled for splicing a limited amount of chiropteran genetic code into his own genome, enhancing his vision, hearing, and reflexes to an uncanny degree. A little bit of tinkering with Titanian genetic code and that of a fruit bat, and Wayne had himself a loyal partner.

Notes:
So... We all know DC Comics kept the Legion from having too many Legacies on it (at least at first) to stop if from becoming a Justice League in Spaaaace book. But, well, Superboy was there from the start, Supergirl joined soon after, and eventually we got 30th and 31st Century versions of the Flash, Captain Marvel, and Green Lantern. Heck, J'Onn J'Onzz the Martian Manhunter, himself, attended the wedding of Bouncing Boy and Duo Damsel. So, yeah, why not design legacy for the goddamn Batman!?

Notes II:
No. No, I am not going to call him Bat Boy.
Robin wrote: ROBIN
Sidekick Level 4 ( 20 PP )

ABILITIES
STR -5 STA -2 AGI -2 DEX 0
FTR -2 INT 0 AWA 2 PRE -2

POWERS
Animal Senses Senses 5 (Auditory: Accurate, Extended Ultra-Hearing; Visual: Ultra-Vision)[ 5 PP ]
Diminutive Shrinking 12 (E: Innate, Permanent) [ 13 PP ]
Natural Climber Enhanced Skill 12 (+12 Athletics; F: Limited to Climbing) [ 3 PP ]
On Leather Wings Flight 5 (60 MPG; F: Winged) [ 5 PP ]
Telempathic Bond Senses 1 (Mental: Communication Link)[ 1 PP ]

ADVANTAGES
Teamwork (1)

SKILLS
Athletics 0 (-5, +7 Climbing), Expertise (Survival) 6 (+2), Perception 2 (+4), Stealth 2 (+14)

DEFENSES
Dodge 4, Parry 4, Toughness -2, Fortitude 0, Will 2
Ken

Post by Ken »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:57 am Heck, J'Onn J'Onzz the Martian Manhunter, himself, attended the wedding of Bouncing Boy and Duo Damsel

Did the actually say it was J'onn? That could just as easily be J'onn's brother T'omm (DETECTIVE COMICS #287) having aged a bit since 1961. It wouldn't be unusual.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

By the way, I like Batlad as a LoSH concept. And the use of "RJ".
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I'm pretty sure that's J'Onn, I mean, its an Easter Egg cameo that goes completely unacknowledged in the text of the story. Kinda like having Tars Tarkis standing behind Sun Boy.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Ken wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:29 am By the way, I like Batlad as a LoSH concept. And the use of "RJ".
Legionaries are just incredibly fun to make. You’ve basically got free reign to create anybody from absolute rookies to seasoned veterans, with powers ranging from one-note jokes to planet-juggling physical gods. Even better, sometimes it’s the veterans with the lame one-trick power and the rookie newbs with the god tier suite.

Really the only “restriction” is the fairly costly set of standard issue gear (although it’s a hella useful set) and the “No Technology Heroes” and “One Unique Power.” But even in canon, those last two can be kinda arbitrarily applied and they’re easy enough to fix in a home game.

“X-Student” themed game also an equally rich source of nearly endless possibilities, although thematically I feel they should almost always be in the lower PL range.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, Legionnaires & X-Students alike are great fun. Both have some "expectations" that can ground them conceptually, but they also have near-limitless options. Both also allow free use of "weak" powers, or thing that are otherwise not nearly as useful as the abilities of major-league "solo heroes"- the Legion includes Making Stuff Light, Making Stuff Heavy, Phasing (and ONLY Phasing), Invisibility and Eating Stuff as the sole powers of characters. Mutants include Flying/Nigh-Invulnerability, Getting Kinda Strong In Daylight, Scary Illusions, Inventing Stuff Quickly, and more. Mutants tend towards more versatility (smaller groups; more focus on some characters), but otherwise you can do anything.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

WING GIRL
Original Character
Power Level 8 ( 180 PP )

ABILITIES
Strength 3 (Lifting: Up to 12)
Stamina -
Agility 3
Dexterity 3
Fighting 5
Intellect 5
Awareness 2
Presence 2

SKILLS
Acrobatics 7 (+10), Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 8 (+13), Expertise [Robotics] 7 (+12), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 6 (+8), Investigation 5 (+10), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Thrown] 8 (+11), Stealth 5 (+8), Technology 5 (+10), Treatment 3 (+8), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES
Chokehold, Connected, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (3), Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Inventor, Power Attack, Well-Informed

POWERS
Antigrav Generator Flight 5 (60 MPH; E: Dynamic, Subtle [1]) [ 11 PP ]
DAE: Antigrav Strength Enhanced Ability 9 (+9 Strength; E: Subtle [1]; F: Limited to Lifting) [ 2 PP ]
DAE: Antigrav Repulsors Affliction 5 Resist/Recover: Strength; Conditions: Hindred, Prone; E: Area [120' Cone], Concentration; F: Instant Recovery, Limited to Two Degrees) [ 2 PP ]
Armored Frame Protection 6 (E: Subtle [2]) [ 8 PP ]
Construct Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [ 30 PP ]
Sensor Systems Senses 12 (Visual: Extended, Ultra-Vision; Auditory: Accurate, Extended Ultra-Hearing; Radar: Acute, Accurate, Analytical Ranged Extended Detect [Technology]) [ 12 PP ]
Targeting Computer Enhanced Advantages 6 (Improved Aim, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative [2], Precise Attack [Ranged; Cover & Concealment (2)]); Enhanced Skill 4 (Ranged Combat [Thrown] +8) [ 10 PP ]
Universal Translator Comprehend 3 (Languages: Speak Any One at a Time, Understand All, Read All) [ 6 PP ]

EQUIPMENT ( 15 EP )
Utility Belt Array [ 15 EP Total ]
Batarang Damage 2 (Strength-based; E: Indirect [3], Ranged; F: Diminished Ranged [3]) [ 8 EP ]
Smoke Bombs Concealment 2 (Senses: Normal Visual; E: Attack, Area [Cloud, 15'], Ranged) [ 1 EP ]
Anti-Gravity Grappling Hook Movement 2 (Safe-Fall, Swinging; E: Subtle [1]) [ 1 EP ]
Commlink [ 1 EP ]
Cutting Torch Damage 2 linked to Weaken Toughness 3 (E: Affects Only Objects) [ 1 EP ]
Handcuffs [ 1 EP ]

DEFENSE
Dodge (8) Base 5
Parry: (8) Base 3
Fortitude: ——— ——
Toughness: (6/8) ——
Will: (8) Base 6

WORKSHEET
Attack: 13 Effect: 3 Total: 16 (Unarmed)
Attack: —— Effect: 5 Total: 5 (Repulsors)
Attack: 11 Effect: 5 Total: 16 (Batarang)
Dodge: 8 Tough: 6/8 Total: 14/16
Parry: 8 Tough: 6/8 Total: 14/16
Fort: —— Will: 8 Total: 8

ABILITIES [ 36 pp ] +
SKILLS [ 32 pp ] +
ADVANTAGES [ 17 pp ] +
POWERS [ 81 pp ] +
DEFENSES [ 14 pp ] =
180 PP TOTAL

COMPLICATIONS
Enemies: The secret cabal of within the United Planets military that Thompkins stole the android from is still out there, still plotting, and they want their killer robot back.
Relationships: Cera Thompkins has an unrequited crush on her friend from university, the quiet and intellectual R.J. Wayne.
Secret Identity: No one knows that Wing Girl is actually an advanced android being controlled by the uploaded mind of Cera Thompkins. Most assume she has some form of superhuman strength and an arsenal of advanced technology. They're not completely wrong.

Education: Bachelor of Science, Harvard-Luthor University
Date of Birth: Age 28
Base of Operations: Metropolis
Height: 5'4" (1.65 m) / 6'0" (1.83 m) as Wing Girl
Weight: 115 lbs. (52.2 kg) / 300 lbs. (136 kg) as Wing Girl
Measurments: 34-27-33 / 34-26-34 as Wing Girl
Eyes: Green / White as Wing Girl
Hair: Red / Red as Wing Girl
Race: Human / Android as Wing Girl
Religion: Athiest
Relationships: None

Background:
Cera Maurin Thompkins is a gifted robotic intelligence programmer from Metropolis, who was born with a rare form of motor neuron disease that even 31st Century medicine cannot completely reverse. When she discovered that a secret cabal of the United Planets' own military was using her A.I. designs to create Manhunter androids, she sabotaged their data and stole the only prototype. An experimental neural uplink, also of Thompkins' invention, allows her to transfer her own conscious mind into the android body. Now she fights crime as the mysterious Wing Girl!

Thompkins's doesn't trust the United Planets and doesn't cooperate willing with the Science Police, nor does she work well with the Legion of Super-Heroes. The only exception to this is the Batlad. Batlad disapproves of Wing Girl operating without any official sanction and without any oversight, but he doesn't disapprove of the results she gets. The duo have worked together as somewhat reluctant partners many times, he won't admit it to even himself, but the Batlad might actually be starting to fall for the flamboyant and boisterous vigilante.

Notes:
What? You thought I'd let there be a Batlad and Robin, but not include a LoSH-ized Batgirl?
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Notes:
What? You thought I'd let there be a Batlad and Robin, but not include a LoSH-ized Batgirl?
Perish the thought.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ken wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:28 am
Batgirl III wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:57 am Heck, J'Onn J'Onzz the Martian Manhunter, himself, attended the wedding of Bouncing Boy and Duo Damsel

Did the actually say it was J'onn? That could just as easily be J'onn's brother T'omm (DETECTIVE COMICS #287) having aged a bit since 1961. It wouldn't be unusual.
What?!?!?!? They're still wasting money on weddings in the 30th century?!?!?!? Have we learned nothing?!?!?!? :shock:
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum