Team Cerberus (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: Team Cerberus (aka Suicide Squad In Freedom City)

Post by EpicEclipse »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:17 am Sounds good to me. Cat Noir is ready to prowl. I have no tweaks in mind, so no changes unless you have concerns about anything.
Well apparently I was mistaken. I actually didn't notice the link TM added to the first post before and went and had a look at his setting thread and the house rules and added advantages and skills....

I need to make a few changes based on this... it shouldn't be anything major... Expertise (Security) becoming Expertise (Criminal) for example since it covers what I had in mind for security as well as a few things I hadn't realized i overlooked. (Or maybe to something similar, but more geared towards a cat burglar over a thug)

I'll document any changes I make (in part so I can reverse them if needed :D)
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Debris "Devon Reid" - PL 10

Strength 0, Stamina 3, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Attractive 2, Benefit, Status: Internet Famous, Burglar, Connected, Contacts, Cool: Deception, Cool: Persuasion, Defensive Attack, Defensive Strike 2, Evasion 2, Extraordinary Effort, Fascinate (Expertise: Causes), Favored Environment: Crowds, Favored Foe: Activists, Follow Up Strik, Improved Critical 3: Offensive Defensive, Improved Critical 4: Thrust: Damage 10, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Jack-of-all-trades, Luck (Recover) 5, Power Attack, Takedown 2, Untapped Potential, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break, Well-informed

Skills
Deception 10 (+10), Expertise: Causes 9 (+9), Insight 7 (+7), Intimidation 7 (+7), Investigation 8 (+8), Perception 10 (+10), Persuasion 10 (+10), Sleight of Hand 5 (+5)

Powers
Above it all: Flight 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
Reach Out: Senses 7 (Danger Sense: Touch, Extended: Touch 1: x10, Penetrates Concealment: Touch, Ranged: Touch)
TK Effects
. . Finesse: Perception Area Move Object 10 (25 tons, Advantages: Chokehold, Improved Hold; Perception Area: DC 20 - Reach Out, Insidious, Precise, Selective, Subtle: subtle; Reduced Range: close)
. . Offensive Defense: Deflect 12 (Advantages: Improved Critical 3, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break; Accurate 5: +10, Reflect, Subtle: subtle)
. . Thrust: Damage 10 (DC 25, Advantages: Accurate Attack, Follow Up Strik, Improved Critical 4, Power Attack, Takedown 2; Accurate 5: +10, Increased Range: ranged)
TK Shield: Enhanced Trait 17 (Traits: Dodge +5 (+12), Parry +5 (+12), Toughness +5 (+8), Advantages: Defensive Strike 2; Sustained; Permanent)

Offense
Initiative +0
Finesse: Perception Area Move Object 10 (DC 20)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Throw, +0 (DC 15)
Thrust: Damage 10, +10 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Complications
Accident: Broken Eggs: Doesn't really care what he puts in harms way.
Fame: Echo Chamber
Hatred: Causes: What am I supposed to hate today? Oh yeah, that thing.
Motivation: Attention: It's all about the attention and (nubile young) perks that come with it.
Secret: Abuser: People Want to be used and abused- just don't let the world know about it.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 12/7, Parry 12/7, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8/3, Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 6 + Powers 68 + Advantages 23 + Skills 22 (66 ranks) + Defenses 31 = 150

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2017 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.

The seamier side of activism. Devon really doesn't care for anything other than himself and the image he portrays. Source of powers is from a high energy project that would have gone safely enough if he hadn't disrupted things trying to show how unsafe it really was.

Sorry that I keep bouncing back and forth on whether I want to apply this character. I know that there are significant problems on concept and mechanics.
Last edited by Spectrum on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

With Epic's help earlier, Tsalmaveth is pretty much set too.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Alright my (hopefully) final edits to Cat. They are outlined under EDIT 2.

I also added in my intended usage for her two expertise skills by way of description similar to how TM describes the specific expertise skills in his setting thread.

As an aside, I don't envy TM the selection process here. There are so many good, solid submissions here, just looking through them I can formulate at least a half dozen different teams with complementary abilities and skill sets with different dynamics based on personalities and backgrounds. (And no, not all of them include Cat. :lol: )

Ranging from a high profile team that will in all liklihood be responsible for no small amount of collateral damage, to teams that are more subtle and covert, and teams that run that entire spectrum.

TM has some high quality materials to build this team with in any case.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Okay, I think I am FINALLY done with my submission.

Basically a streetwise speedster, just learning that her powers are not solely physical in nature, and include an element of temporal distortion. She is not a time traveler, and her ability to manipulate time essentially just affects HER- but she is learning to perceive time differently (limited, GM-defined precogniton/postcognition, 'rewinding time' to track someone or review her memories, that sort of thing). On the surface, she acts like a normal speedster- her temporal aspect is NOT common knowledge.

She is undercapped a bit, here and there- room to improve.

Sorry that the history turned into such a giant wall of text- I really wish we had spoiler-blocks here... Tried to tie into the setting a bit. Oh, and created a hero as her personal nemesis- but don't worry, I killed him off. That is why she is in jail. Mostly.

Will try to hunt up a decent picture- but if you need an idea, just think a younger, slightly darker version of Vazquez.

Character is here: viewtopic.php?p=43998#p43998
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I like speeders that are more than carbon copies of The Flash or just run really fast. The temporal aspect gives an interesting element of depth to the character's powers.
Funkadelic

Post by Funkadelic »

I just realized, I didn't have the increased range to Clayton's destabilize ability. It is added, should effect the point totals since it's in the array.
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:36 pm
Plan b" wrote:Any feedback would be nice.
It's a neat concept. Sort of a limited version of a shapeshifter that only has two forms; really fast and really strong. My only real feedback is more superficial than anything, but a suggestion that just feels appropriate for this mind if set up; adding Activation to both alternate forms in the array. Even just the move action activation would do it, to represent the transition between forms.

As it is, having regeneration reduces his concern for being caught in between forms, and I understand adding the flaw would hinder action economy on the mechanical side when you don't even need the extra 1pp, but It's more my mindset on building to a concept where I'll add in something like that just because it feels right, even if It's not as efficient. Like I said, superficial. Either way it's a neat concept.
Probably going to put any difficultly changing "forms" as a complication, rather than make it hard coded mechanics.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Been a little busy these last couple days between work responsibilities, handling a graduating teenager, and trying to work on a few side projects (only so much time in the day unfortunately). But I have been keeping up with what's going on here, some nice submissions added in that time (like EE said - it's going to be a difficult task to pick a group [as it is I've already decided to up the number of PCs from what I was originally planning]).
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Camus

Post by Camus »

Tattooedman wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:13 pm Been a little busy these last couple days between work responsibilities, handling a graduating teenager, and trying to work on a few side projects (only so much time in the day unfortunately). But I have been keeping up with what's going on here, some nice submissions added in that time (like EE said - it's going to be a difficult task to pick a group [as it is I've already decided to up the number of PCs from what I was originally planning]).
No stress, take your time. If you cant make it thursday, no worries. We all have time, otherwise we wouldnt be here.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Camus wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:21 pm
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:13 pm Been a little busy these last couple days between work responsibilities, handling a graduating teenager, and trying to work on a few side projects (only so much time in the day unfortunately). But I have been keeping up with what's going on here, some nice submissions added in that time (like EE said - it's going to be a difficult task to pick a group [as it is I've already decided to up the number of PCs from what I was originally planning]).
No stress, take your time. If you cant make it thursday, no worries. We all have time, otherwise we wouldnt be here.
Too true,Too true....... :D
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Plan b wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:14 pmProbably going to put any difficultly changing "forms" as a complication, rather than make it hard coded mechanics.
Like I said, just a superficial suggestion. Obviously a complication would be much more severe than losing a move action to actually warrant being called a complication, but if that's what you prefer then it works to the same sort of thing I was suggesting.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Yeesh. Well, no rush in any case. :)
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I wonder if there will be the bad guy who gets killed in the first few minutes to show how serious the headbombs are.

I wonder if it will be a PC.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I wonder (if my PC makes it) how many others will try to bribe (and then bully) my PC into removing said bombs.