Thread Count/ Games List

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Batgirl III

Re: Thread Count/ Games List

Post by Batgirl III »

TekHed wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:02 am Man, I find it so difficult to make compelling and well rounded characters with 150 points. Having to spend usually 30-40 of them on defenses and even with the house rules of 3 sp per pp I end up having to scrimp on skills and attributes and get accused of power gaming. I find 180 to be a bare minimum for a decent PL 10 level build these days. 200 pp even better.
You're clearly overspending on Defenses then. I rarely find myself needing more than 15-20 Points and am often able to spend something in the 5-15 range.

The trick to making well-rounded characters within a 150 PP (or smaller) budget is to prioritize things into three categories: "Things My Character Will Do All The Time," "Things My Character Will Do Only Sometimes" and "Things My Character Can Do But Only Does Rarely." Write a quick list down on scrap paper, if it helps.

Everything filed under "Only Does Rarely" doesn't get any PP spent on it. These are the realms of Power Stunts. Sure, Superman can fly fast enough to break the time barrier and go hang out with the Legion of Superheroes. He doesn't do it except under very rare circumstance.

"Will Do Only Sometimes" are going to be put into Alternate Effect Arrays and/or be purchased at ranks that don't fulfill PL Caps. Superman will use his freeze breath sometimes, but its not his primary attack. So make it an AE of his Super-Strength and have it be a PL8 Effect instead of his PL10.

"Will Do All The Time," well, those are your Big Guns. That's where you focus your PP expenditures.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Don't want to derail the thread. Suffice to say you clearly have a different strategy than I do. Most of my ideas just conceptually take upwards of 100 PP to sketch them out. They do tend to be much more complex than the examples given in the book, which I find to be boring af.

PM me if you want to look at my builds. If you want you can try and rebuild them down to 150, but I can almost guarantee I won't want to play it at that level.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Well, you're not really. Not yet. Macyn also said he'll get a recruiting thread uponce he gets his details together. Can't even start recruiting until prospective players know what they are making submissions for.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:31 am
Well, you're not really. Not yet. Macyn also said he'll get a recruiting thread uponce he gets his details together. Can't even start recruiting until prospective players know what they are making submissions for.
Ok!
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

I've put up an Interest thread for a non-M&M game here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=902.

PC Pilots of giant mecha fighting kaiju from another world.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Im opening HU up for recruitment of 2-3 more players. if anyones interested love to hear from you.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

I'm down a few MnM games so I have room for one more, though I tend to want more PP for my ideas. What PL/PP do we get to start at?
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

TekHed wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:38 pm I'm down a few MnM games so I have room for one more, though I tend to want more PP for my ideas. What PL/PP do we get to start at?
I think Heroes Unlimited filled their spots a while ago. However, we have four games recruiting right now, including:
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Oh that's so weird! I see now that Catsi's post was from late July but for whatever reason it popped up in my user CP as an unread post even though I'd read it before. Huh.

I played in the merge London one but ultimately the game wasn't quite to my taste. Oh well.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Technically Heroes does have one spot open I was waiting to hear from someone but no reply to a PM so if anyone has a hero take a look in the thread and see if you wamt in group could use a dedicated blaster or Martial artist for what its worth :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

I’m recruiting for an M&M2e game. (Only time will tell, though, if it ever spreads wings to fly.)
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

I’m closing my recruitment thread. It got no interest.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

I've ended the Team Cerberus game.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Hi! I'm not seeing any games currently in recruitment. Is that correct?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.