The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand turns away from Amy to address Lindsey once his Google results come up.
Neo-Paladin wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:10 pm " If we go to Mexico, we should pack some serious firepower if we want to stay overnight. The Night War is vicious down there."
"You mean the WWF's 'Monday Night Wars'? Is that relevant?" Rand asks.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

" No...I mean the simple fact that after the Merge, the underworld got swarmed by vampires and demons from all sorts of worlds who are all competing for a limited resource, that being us. They've been slaughtering each other and any human who happens to be around for more than a year now. And Mexico is apparently some primo vacation spot for vampires...and with the cartels having gotten their hands on some otherworldly weaponry, the police is way too busy with them to deal with the undead problem. That's it in a nutshell."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The scowl can be heard even in Rand's synthesized voice. "You'd think there'd be a wiki article on that at the very least."

He crosses his arms.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Check under vampires, werewolves and demons." Amy suggested as she played with Ren, flicking a marble to the water-mouse, who flicked it back.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Shannon

"Hmm. I don't suppose anyone's done a serious study of what the various types of, erm, demons and undead. Sorry, that sounds like stuff from a fantasy game still. Anyway, has anyone studied what they're actually vulnerable to with an eye to replicating the effect with technical means?"
She asked. "Hypersonic darts might not work quite as well on the 'undead' as on the living, so I may need to get creative."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

Amy giggled. "It kinda depends on what sort of undead you're dealing with and from what universe they're from. There's lots of sub-species out there if I remember rightly. Heck, there's so many different types of ghosts out there it'd make your head spin and corporeal undead are just as bad!"

"Kinda like in Belize, remember?" she nodded to Kar-Anna. "I went into some ruins prepared for one sort of undead and nearly got chewed alive when I 'discovered' they were a completely different type. If it wasn't for her appearing out of practically nowhere with backup and pulling my rear out of the fire, I'd be dead."

She looked sheepish. "Yeah, yeah. I know. Overconfidence kills. I learned that lesson well."

ooc
Hey, she's PL 6 and a kid. It's entirely believable she'd take on more than she could handle.

Battle Init
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Kar'Anna Maraneth
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

"Just be sure to go to the back of any bars and the like before heading in the front. You know, to make sure there are no piles of vehicles or ancient Mayan temples housing secret coteries of vampires."

She looks around.

"Dusk til Dawn. Gorefest. Kind of appeals to my darker sensibilities.

"But not at all what I was expecting. Good thing none of the zombie viruses have crossed over. Or have they?"

She shudders.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

The girl grinned a little. "We do have a magic worker with us." she nodded to Lindsey. "I'm sure where he comes from 'detect undead' or 'detect necromancy' is one of the first spells any wizard, witch or such like learns."

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand's skeptical look at the entire conversation is hidden under his helmet.

"Plan to 'get creative'." Rand says to Shannon's question.

"We ready to go?" he asks dryly. This is like herding Scalarian Cats, Rand thought, then recalled they had an actual other-world cat with them.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Is there anything else you want to do/ obtain/ ask before moving on?
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Si Senore!" Amy quipped.

Battle Init
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

kirinke wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:02 am AMY
"Kinda like in Belize, remember?" she nodded to Kar-Anna. "I went into some ruins prepared for one sort of undead and nearly got chewed alive when I 'discovered' they were a completely different type. If it wasn't for her appearing out of practically nowhere with backup and pulling my rear out of the fire, I'd be dead."
"Okay." Shannon says. "Given good scouting of what we're up against, a machine shop, and some time, I'm sure I can come up with something that works if it can be done. I'm more worried about surprises. But I guess we'll improvise."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Just remember, even though it might be dead, the methods to make it more dead can vary. Considerably." the girl warned.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Jewel wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:35 pm Kar'Anna Maraneth
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

"Just be sure to go to the back of any bars and the like before heading in the front. You know, to make sure there are no piles of vehicles or ancient Mayan temples housing secret coteries of vampires."

She looks around.

"Dusk til Dawn. Gorefest. Kind of appeals to my darker sensibilities.

"But not at all what I was expecting. Good thing none of the zombie viruses have crossed over. Or have they?"

She shudders.
" Democratic Republic of the Congo, last April. Zombie outbreak leaves more than 800 people dead", Lindsey responded coldly. " And yes, with some prep time, I can find out if there are undead nearby and what kind they are. By the way...you might want to look at the official homepage of the DXDO for a classification of the known strains of vampirism that have crossed over..."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

The girl nodded. At least Lindsay knew how seriously nasty undead could be. "I already checked and my opinion? Yuck!" she added seriously. "I swear, I do not understand how people could ever think vampires are romantic or could ever be romantic interests! It's like having warm fuzzies for Shuppet. They just want you for a meal. At best." she shuddered. "That's not even counting the fascination with zombies or ghosts." she gave the former lawyer a gimlet eye. "And yes, there is a subset that think those are 'romantic' too."

The others would understand soon enough that undead things weren't to be taken lightly or as a joke.

Battle Init