Transformers Generations Power Of The Primes.

The place to discuss your favorite toys (action figures, dolls, building blocks, etc.), board games, and video games, as well their related industries and related news.
Darrin Kelley

Transformers Generations Power Of The Primes.

Post by Darrin Kelley »

I managed to get a complete set of all new Dinobots toys. This has been the first full set of the original Dinobots released since the 80's.

But they also include a feature that has been begged for by Transformers fans since Transformers The Movie. They combine!

Volcanicus is the name of the combined form. And the combined toy itself is massive. Composed of 4 deluxe sized figures and one Voyager sized figure. It's actually on the scale of the original Prediking. But it has full articulation!

I'm really happy to have this. It's brought a big smile to my face.
Shock

Re: Transformers Generations Power Of The Primes.

Post by Shock »

Why is the triceratops Slug instead of Slag?
Darrin Kelley

Post by Darrin Kelley »

Shock wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:59 pm Why is the triceratops Slug instead of Slag?
It was changed because Slag is a an obcene word in the UK.

I'm not defending it. Just stating why Hasbro changed it many years ago.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

In-universe, "slag" is also basically the Cybertronian equivalent of "f*ck", "screwed" and "sh*t". As in "Slag it!" or "We're going to get slagged!" or "Oh slag!"
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Darrin Kelley

Post by Darrin Kelley »

I didn't like the name change either. Slug doesn't fit the character at all. They should have chosen something else.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I can kind of see "Slug" working in the sense of "He likes to slug/punch people", which being the anti-social one, he did. A lot.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
NoOneofConsequence

Post by NoOneofConsequence »

He will always be Slag to me. Volcanicus sits on one of my bookshelves. Also with the very tiny Slash posing in front. (In my head canon, she is Grimlock's annoying tagalong baby sister and effectively the Scrappy Doo of the group.)

Also have the Terrorcons, who aren't as awesome but still evoke fond childhood memories. And the collected female combiners, who are a bit of a disappointment sadly.
What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)