The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"You are incorrigable." she told Kar-Anna telepathically and catching on quickly added.

"It's a bit of an apology for having to delve into the mind of our prisoner. He had a bit of a libido problem and Kar-Anna, being Kar-Anna exploited that, if you catch my drift." she made a disgusted face. "Then I had to pretend not to look while searching for pertinent information. Yuck and quadruple yuck." she shook her head. "I'm just grateful I can control my gift. Some telepaths can't." she wrinkled her nose. "It's not always fun and games, especially when you get thoughts or images in your proverbial teeth you'd rather not get."

"And yeah, me and Kar-Anna go back. The business in Toronto seven months ago? That was us." she added helpfully. "Also Belize." she scowled. "And the ruins in Mexico. Also us," she looked pointedly at Kar-Anna. "I still get nightmares on that one. Ruins are meant to be bombarded from space until they're glassed over. It's the only way to make sure that what's in them is dead and not coming back to bedevil the living." she said firmly.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

kirinke wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:30 am AMY

"Sorry, had to get him to talk, he was starting to get on my nerves." Amy told the others telepathically. "I kinda pointed out that actively blocking a telepath would only attract their attention more, not less. It's kinda like telling somebody not to look there. They're going to want to look there more. There are more effective ways to screw up a mind-reader than a straight up block, like filling your head up with inappropriate things or chatter for example and that got him to open up on what was bothering him." she said and got to the point. " Anyway, he thinks something is up with Ellis and Jellico, more so than the other guys from the Predator universe. Ellis especially." she considered. "Is there a way to find out magically if they're not who they say they are or if they're being controlled somehow?"
'Magic' was not Rand's forte so he stayed silent in the mental forum.

Hearing Amy's exploits and accessing these locations on this world's network he couldn't determine if the youngling was making it up or not. She'd certainly not seemed the 'been all around the planet' type at her age and relative 'innocence', but who was he to judge such things. He stayed silent about that too.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Rand`s silent and stoic efforts finally hit paydirt.

The Naica mine was one that was a valuable source of Selenite Crystals. Its almost a thousand feet underground, Its just north of the town where the El Rey is located.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

The girl considered. "I think if we bugged his incoming and outgoing communications that'd be caught fairly quickly, but I'm no expert on magic or technology really. You guys are better judges of that than I am." she added.

ooc
Mexico and Belize aren't all that far apart really and can be reached by plane. With her being an adventurer, it wouldn't be out of the question for her to help out as best as she could if trouble arose and during those early months, I'd think there was alot of trouble.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand reads the new information his search found.

"Uh... Shephard, Woolsey, is there further instruction or direction you'd like to give us? I'm sure that's more important than a discussion about 'ice cream'." Rand asks sardonically. "Otherwise, we should get to this 'El Rey'." Rand says. "And this Kar'Anna seems to have joined us for the after-club debriefing. She seems to have a solid history as a mercenary." Rand shrugs, non-committally.
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Kar'Anna Maraneth
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Kar'Anna doesn't pursue the ice cream question or respond to Rand's attempt to get them back on track, instead focusing on Woolsey.

"I'd like to get back out there. This city is interesting and all, but kind of freaks me out."

Kar'Anna would like to see if she can find something that well help pass them off as human if they have to go into town. Right now, anywhere they go they'll stand out like a sore thumb.

OOC - have we said anything about the search for crystals to Woolsey?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Woolsey looks like he's sweating a little. Whether it's because of the telepath or the drow is unclear.

"I think we're good. But why are you going to the middle of nowhere? Our friend down in holding is keeping quiet. Keeps muttering about drow women. I plan to sic Ronon on him later, if Woolsey lets me."

"I most certainly will not." The director of Atlantis reasserts is professional demeanor. "Right now, the best we can do is discover what's what and who's who. We still don't know how many of our enemies crossed over, if enemies that we previously defeated are out there again of if the means to defeat them again are available to us. This is a strange new world, and our job is to protect it.

"I will leave a puddle jumper at your disposal."

"Try not to destroy the upholstery. It's only about ten thousand years old and really hard to come by."

Lindsey - a Perception check, please.
I'm operating under the assumption that you have not divulged your interest in Kyber crystals.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

kirinke wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:30 am AMY
" Anyway, he thinks something is up with Ellis and Jellico, more so than the other guys from the Predator universe. Ellis especially." she considered. "Is there a way to find out magically if they're not who they say they are or if they're being controlled somehow?"
Rand had been giving this some thought since the pip-squeak pokedex holder relayed this.

Edward Jellico, Starfleet badass, was played by Ronny Cox, who had a long list of movie bad-guys. Rand narrowed his search to the sci-fi genre and found Cox also played the politician Robert Kinsey from the Stargate universe who'd been trying to get control of or otherwise strictly regulate the Stargate program for many episodes. Rand had to wonder if Woolsey's distrust of Jellico spawned from this association.

Rand took a side track as Ronny Cox also played Director Alex Pierce of a TV series about the FBI, called The Agency, and 'Alexander Pierce' was the name of the head of the World Security Counsel (and secret Hydra member) in the Marvel universe responsible for SHIELD's downfall. But he was played by an actor named Robert Redford. This world's fandoms were so confusing at times!

The only other major foray into sci fi and badness Ronny Cox played was as Dick Jones, VP of a major tech company and antagonist of Robocop.

And President Ellis of the Marvel cinematic universe was played by William Sadler, who, to Earth sci-fi enthusiasts, would be recognized as Luthor Sloan, an operative of the clandestine 'Section 31', an ends-justify-means organization from Star Trek's Federation. Surely someone of that character's infiltration and manipulation ability would capitalize on who else he could pass as.

All this was found through Rand's judicious use of 'Google' and 'IMDB'. And he could have easily missed something.

Still, Rand downloads all of this into an encrypted file in a remote directory of Atlantis's main frame.

Amy, tell Picardo, I mean Woolsey that all my initial research on his trust issues can be found in the oxygen scrubber maintenance log subfolder and I'll e-mail him the 1024 character encryption key. Rand says mentally.

"Don't wory, Director, I'll fly her myself, she'll be in good hands. Though I can't speak to what will happen to the interior when we've got all these animals running around." Rand gestures to the pokemon, and the tree cat, then, with a moment's thought, finally at Amy.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy, tell Picardo, I mean Woolsey that all my initial research on his trust issues can be found in the oxygen scrubber maintenance log subfolder and I'll e-mail him the 1024 character encryption key. Rand says mentally.

"Don't wory, Director, I'll fly her myself, she'll be in good hands. Though I can't speak to what will happen to the interior when we've got all these animals running around." Rand gestures to the pokemon, and the tree cat, then, with a moment's thought, finally at Amy.
AMY

The girl relayed the message.

Outloud, she smirked. "You do realize that just because they don't walk upright, doesn't mean they aren't as intelligent as you or I?"

Alma looked up. "In some cases more intelligent." she sniffed at Rand.

"Not to mention, sneaky." Peekaboo added helpfully.

"And vindictive." Ren looked speculatively. "Water types are effective against steel types. I wonder if that armor rusts?"

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Assuming he can't understand the critters.
"I was just talking about who or what would be hardest on the upholstery." Rand says in smirking tones. "Some of us don't wear clothes... or if we do they aren't always..." he looks at Amy's wardrobe, "...clean."
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:56 pm
Assuming he can't understand the critters.
"I was just talking about who or what would be hardest on the upholstery." Rand says in smirking tones. "Some of us don't wear clothes... or if we do they aren't always..." he looks at Amy's wardrobe, "...clean."
<<Earth's climate is a bit warmer than Sphinx, you know.>> Sherlock mentioned. Though Rand got the impression the treecat's homeworld was closer to a 'a little wamer than Hoth' than 'a little cooler than Earth' ...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Speak for oneself, does your armor leak oil?" she shot back at Rand good-naturedly. "Or other thing's that might explode or catch fire?"

"Do you want us to do naughty things to his bedding?" Alma asked innocently. "I'm sure we can forget ourselves for once."

ooc
If you got comprehend, you might. Otherwise you'll hear variations on their species name. ;)

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

Lindsey kept his own counsel for now, only chiming in when Mexico was mentioned.
" If we go to Mexico, we should pack some serious firepower if we want to stay overnight. The Night War is vicious down there."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Mandalorian armor does not 'leak'." Rand says in low, warning tones. One did not tease a Mandalorian about his armor.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

The girl raised an eyebrow. "And my partners and I are clean. " she said in mild rebuke. "Honestly Rand, don't be so silly."

Battle Init