The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

Frowning, the former lawyer meets Woolsey's gaze, raising a brow pointedly. From what little of Stargate he watched, he knew the guy was largely okay, but this whole setup still had too much of a cloak-and-dagger feel to him.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Woolsey looks pointedly at Lindsey and keeps from looking at Amy.

I'm getting the feeling some people aren't who they say. There isn't exactly a multiversal DNA registry to verify against, but Jellico and Ellis have a connection that goes beyond politics or a friendship that`s less than a year old. I don`t know, it just seems odd. And Jellico seems to know me better than he should - he claims its from binge-watching Atlantis to get up to speed on as much as possible here, but I don`t buy it. I'd almost expect him to confuse me with the so-called EMH, but he's just so, familiar when he speaks with me.

"Ahem. Right." He says, clearing his throat. "So, it seems you got into an altercation or joined the festivities as it were. Do you have any idea if there`s more to it than a fight club and the attendant black market that goes with it? Our deep cover operatives have yet to make detailed reports, but we have the feeling that Ms Sinclair is not the major mover and shaker there, despite appearances."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

This man, Woolsey, his emotions splashed over Rand's Empathy like the back spray of a hover car through murky swamp terrain. And it only increased as the girl started muttering in his direction. Curious, Rand turned up the gain on his helmet mic. "...Also more fun if you're in a bent mood."

Eww...

Rand's eyebrows beneath his helmet shoot up and he quickly turns his mic's increased sensitivity down. He didn't need to know anything more about what the not-so-innocent youngling was offering the Atlantis staff member.

He clears his throat, understanding the other man's discomfort. "I... uh... saw that they have a large underground complex. I don't know how extensive yet but they could have a means to come and go without surveillance or be storing even more contraband down there."
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Ellis and that woman came from that predator universe right?" She asked. "I don't trust them personally and they strike me as people who would do anything to get ahead, even subverting somebody like Jellico."

"I'll keep an eye on them if you want and see what they're up to." she considered. "If you point me towards their quarters, I can see about getting 'lost' around there and poke around." she offered. "Do you want me to clue the others in? They have a better grasp of tech than I do."
Last edited by kirinke on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Woolsey drops his pen, but lets it clatter lightly.

You`re mixing up Weyland with Ellis. But, you`re right. Ellis makes my skin crawl. Go watch Iron Man III if you want to know who he says he is.

Rand's momentary mic increase pics up a small amount of feedback, suggesting other equipment in the room. Sherlock moves up to Shannon`s shoulder and makes an odd face, inasmuch as he can. Woolseey seems relieved at Rand`s comments.

"We figured as much. Are we talking something like this complex, buried underground? Caves, natural or otherwise? Something else entirely? And did you find evidence of any specific commodity? We're trying to determine the extent of extra-Earthly narcotics and other illicit substances - Death Sticks, Spice, that sort of thing?"

I wouldn't recommend that. Let me deal with that aspect. And truth to tell, Weyland and Yutani I can stomache. Their agendas are profit. They may not be the most ethical, but they aren`t overtly hiding anything, or at least I don`t think they are.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"All three of them are unpleasant people. I don't envy you." Amy shuddered a little.

She considered and mentally let the others know about Ellis and Jellico and to be wary around them. "Alright. I told the guys to be wary around Ellis and Jellico. If you change your mind and need us to snoop, let me know and I'll relay it." she told Woosely. "For that matter, if you need me to relay something to somebody, just say so and I will."
Last edited by kirinke on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:18 am, edited 5 times in total.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand notes the extra feedback. He'll scan radio frequencies for extraneous signals both in the bands he knows Atlantis uses and beyond.
Bladewind wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:51 pm "We figured as much. Are we talking something like this complex, buried underground? Caves, natural or otherwise? Something else entirely? And did you find evidence of any specific commodity? We're trying to determine the extent of extra-Earthly narcotics and other illicit substances - Death Sticks, Spice, that sort of thing?"
"I've got a video of the little I saw. I managed and IR scan before deciding to get the heck out of there. There was something big about to be released in the chamber I was in." Rand goes over to a console to transfer the video. He'll fast forward to the point of his drop into thew chamber.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Interesting. I'd like Col Sheppard to see this as well, if you don't mind me bringing him in."

He flips through some handwritten notes and consults a data tablet. He looks up at Kar'Anna.

"I haven't forgotten about your addition here. Mr, er, Kal'annar is currently consulting the database on Go'auld. One more ally if those things are alive and well is a good thing, I imagine. But who is the, er, lovely lady that's joined your entourage?"

(The information that Kal would have obtained I will provide to Rand:)

There is no Go'Auld in the Stargate Wikis or the Atlantis database by the name of Athens. You keep getting redirected to Athena. Something that pops up mostly on the Stargate Wikis when talking about Go'auld is gender - specifically that the Go'auld are agender but align with the gender of their host. It's uncommon for them to alter their names. The latest Osiris was a woman after all. But it's not inconceivable that Athena has altered her name to throw off the trail.

When Sheppard arrives he is surprised by the video.

"A Rancor? You were about to fight a Rancor?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand shrugs a shoulder. "I decided against. Didn't want to make a mess."

Inside he was railing at the fact that he was separated from one of his verse's most implacable foes by only a single door.

He'll also share his findings about the Go'Auld Athena vs. Athens, and likewise what he found out about the interest in the mines and surrounding area of where their likely next destination was.
[By 'lovely Lady was he referring to Kar'Anna?
Rand wouldn't answer that one regardless, but just curious.
Did we have anyone from Atlantis officially 'assign' Kar'Anna to work with us?]
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:01 pm
[By 'lovely Lady was he referring to Kar'Anna?
Rand wouldn't answer that one regardless, but just curious.
Did we have anyone from Atlantis officially 'assign' Kar'Anna to work with us?]
OOC
- Yes
- That`s pretty much coming.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Sorry, had to get him to talk, he was starting to get on my nerves." Amy told the others telepathically. "I kinda pointed out that actively blocking a telepath would only attract their attention more, not less. It's kinda like telling somebody not to look there. They're going to want to look there more. There are more effective ways to screw up a mind-reader than a straight up block, like filling your head up with inappropriate things or chatter for example and that got him to open up on what was bothering him." she said and got to the point. " Anyway, he thinks something is up with Ellis and Jellico, more so than the other guys from the Predator universe. Ellis especially." she considered. "Is there a way to find out magically if they're not who they say they are or if they're being controlled somehow?"
Last edited by kirinke on Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[Is that a mental communication? Is that what bold means?]
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

ooc

yeah sorry, bold/italics and italics are mental communication.

Battle Init
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Kar'Anna Maraneth
Condition: Normal
HP: 1
"But who is the, er, lovely lady that's joined your entourage?"
Kar'Anna bats her eyes and flashes a smile that would melt the coldest heart.

"Name's Kar'Anna." She absently traces some kind of pattern on the table with her finger, "Short Stuff can vouch for me. But I have a really important question."

Her face goes deathly serious.

"What kind of ice cream do you have available here?"

Although she actually wanted to know, Kar'Anna actually wanted to see if she could unnerve Woolsey any further. Not for sport, that would be too easy. She had a motive to see him shaken...
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Shannon tries not to let the "what kind of madwomen have I fallen in with" show in her eyes too much ...