Conflux City Guardians

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Camus

Chromosphere

Post by Camus »

Alecto is given the activation relic and attempts to use it for shutting down the ancient device. However as she tries to fit it in place to start she misplaces one of the components, and a high pitched screech is produced, followed by a blast off magic that takes the Fury by surprise! Agent Owl, not sure how to help notices the missing part and quickly fixes it in place, and the screech subsides.

Ooc Alecto fails and needs to save vs magical damage DC 23. Nina is able to get fix Alectos mistake
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Prof Weird

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Prof Weird »

Alecto
Condition : -2 Tou, Exhausted. Now -3 Tou, exhausted, and staggered.
Toughness check vs DC23 _: 1D20+7 = [3]+7 = 10
- fail by 13 ! 3 degrees of effect : another -1 Tou, and staggered !
"WHY DID I EVEN BOTHER ?!" Alecto groused to herself as the chronosphere blasted her, "Oh, right - I foolishly thought that I was the only one who knew enough magic to stop this thing; turns out I'm redundant and irrelevant !

And now that Owl knows that she can do this job just as well as I can, there is no reason for her to maintain a truce !

Hmmm - she'll most likely have Grit and Nightstar beat me senseless so they can drag me off to prison the moment she's sure the chronosphere is no longer a threat.

Which means she'll 'allow' me to 'help'. After all, she'll still need someone to take the damage from any mistakes.

Better the villain get zapped instead of the BDHs !!"

Alecto shakes her head and staggers back to the chronosphere, the serpents of her hair still writhing from the blast.
They settle down, with a serpent keenly watching each of the heroes.

"Well, THAT was horrible !" she groused to Owl.
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 0
Condition: 3 Bruise

"Hm!" Agent Owl gasped and leaned back from the magic blast in surprise. The chatty villain wasn't so lucky but the only thing Agent Owl could do was hope that blast didn't knock her out yet and try to fix the damage to the sphere itself. Which thankfully she managed to do. Agent Owl breathed a small sigh of relief but it wasn't over yet.
Prof Weird wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:40 pm"Well, THAT was horrible !" she groused to Owl.
"I'll bet..." Agent Owl remarks almost dismissively as she continues trying to work on this thing; admittedly she was completely winging it. Oh sure winging it with as much observation and intuition as she can muster but winging it all the same, she might have even been doing good but she felt it was coming short, "A little help...?" she manages to ask, the sheer tension of the situation keeping her eyes on the Chronosphere and this relic.

OOC
---------------------------------
INT & Jack-of-all-trades roll gets a whopping 24 this time! Just a little push to 25...
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Alecto
Condition : 3 bruise, exhausted, staggered

"Well, the universe has truly kicked me in the teeth, knocked me to the ground and is stomping on my face ! Years of training, study and hard work in magic, reduced to assisting someone WITH NO TRAINING WHATSOEVER !!" Alecto boggled, "But if it's the only way to stop a chronosphere from going off, what's a little more humiliation and degradation ?"

"Sure." Alecto replied.
Going for a team check - should be able to give a slight boost vs a DC10 from a +8 !
Aid with Expertise (Magic) roll _: 1D20+10-2 = [7]+10-2 = 15
. Two degrees of success vs DC10, so Owl gets a +2.
Camus

Chromosphere

Post by Camus »

The nimble and trained hands of Nina find purchase with the directions of Alectos, and both woman can see from close up the old gears turning, as the chromosphere starts to deactivate. Magically, one plate slides over the other, with a shimmering and pleasant hum, and each step the device seems to grow smaller and smaller. In a flash of light, the sphere turns into a pocket size golf ball.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl

Agent Owl's sigh of relief was audible. She stoops down and picks up the now miniature Chronosphere and stows it in an empty pouch on her belt. The eyes on her mask glanced over to Starfish, Grif, and Nightstar, and then to the chatty supervillainess next to her.

"Hm. Thanks," Agent Owl says, she at least deserved a thank you for her help. "That said, you still have quite a bit to answer for, you can still choose whether to come along quietly or not," she adds.

OOC
Acting defensively right now.
Last edited by Nintendogeek01 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

When those working on the Chorosphere turn around they see Grit is within an arm span of Alecto, weight balanced like a wrestler ready to pounce. Night star is in the hole created by the flight craft, hands glowing menacingly. And the room is filled with water droplets, suspended in the air like someone hit pause in a rainstorm. Even an invisible opponent couldn't move in here without the displaced droplets being obvious.

Starfish is in the far corner of the room. "Grit and Nightstar hope you choose 'not'. I'm on the fence."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Alecto
Condition : 3 bruise, exhausted, staggered

Alecto watched Owl take the now shrunken chronosphere. She did a facepalm, then rubbed the bridge of her nose.

"I do hope you know someone that can dismantle that thing !" she stated, "It has only been turned off, for now. It would be much safer for everyone if you had it dismantled, and the pieces scattered to many different safe locations."

She looked around (actually, Alecto merely looked straight ahead, bored. Her serpents looked around).
Nightstar was guarding the exit through the roof. Grit was close, ready to pounce at a moment's notice.
Starfish had filled the room with stalled raindrops (meaning she could throw a LOT of water very quickly if she had to).
Agent Owl was on the defensive, most likely. That was the strategy that has served her so well so far.

Alecto took a moment to take stock of the situation.

"Let's see - I'm exhausted, and can barely move. I'm badly injured, so there's an actual risk a solid shot might accidentally kill me.
All exits are guarded. No obvious way out of this.

But I should try something,"
she mused, "I'm about due for the turn of a friendly card."

She heard Starfish's attempt at sounding tough and menacing.

Alecto started chuckling, then used her Illusion power to make her laughter come from everywhere and nowhere.

"That was a pretty nice attempt there Starfish !"
she stated, "Waiting until your opponent is dead on their feet and outnumbered and outgunned BEFORE talking tough !

But I must ask you all one question : are you sure I'm really here ?

How do you know I didn't run out the door the moment the chronosphere was disabled, my escape covered by that flash of light ?
And an illusion left behind to delay you with endless prattle while I get away ?"
she finished with a smirk.
Yeah, she's attempting one last (rather cheesy) trick - one way or another, this scenario is just about over.
Deception check _: 1D20+8-2 = [16]+8-2 = 22 - finally a roll that DOESN'T suck ! :shock: :lol:
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl

"!!!" Agent Owl whipped out some Owl Talons at what she could've sworn was Alecto to be sure while using her free hand to call the Screech Owl over to her, she had to be ready to fly out just in case.

OOC
I mean... bluff or no there's really only one viable target in the room. Nat 20 31 on all-out power attack vs. Alecto/Alecto Illusion. DC27, 29, or 32 depending on how many degrees the attack check beats Alecto's dodge by.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Grit had readied to grab if she did anything other than comply. Nightstar and Starfish stayed in position (though Starfish had to give a stern glance to their impetuously youthful comrade).
For what it's worth, Grit had no way of knowing if the greek woman was lying or not. Nightstar was unsure.
But Myra was stalwart and her bored gaze (that still managed to be steely) told Alecto that. She didn't give a response to the woman's attempted barbs against her character.
Camus

Red Tide

Post by Camus »

The sudden burst of action was interrupted by Nightstar's scream of pain, as she plummets down from the gap in the roof, enveloped in smoke and fire. Grit has to forget the Fury to leap in her way and catch her. At that second several missiles ricochet into the room, detonating haphazardly. Smoke bombs. The room in filled with dense and irritating smoke. Only agent Owl is unaffected, and can see a red power armoured man drop from the gap in the roof to Alectos side, to quickly lift to the sky again.
"I'm sorry for the delay, comrade!" The Russian man stated at Alecto as he took to the sky. "It seems our pact with the nippon lady wasnt what it seem. The moment you left she tried to lock me up! We are not having any of that now are we?! Harharhar!"

The guardians are left with little choice but to either divide and pursuit, as Nightstar's wounds seem severe. When they were weighing their options, Yamamoto called Nina. "Status?"
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl

"Gah...!" Agent Owl's focus was taken off of the chatty villainess when Nightstar suddenly came falling down and the explosions began going off! "Get down!" Agent Owl managed to avoid any injury from the explosion, unfortunately the source of it all revealed himself just in time to make off with Alecto!

"No!" Agent Owl hurls electrified darts at the power-armored accomplice to no avail as he's already zoomed out. Agent Owl stares at the hole in the ceiling, and then to Nightstar while clenching her fist.
Camus wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:56 pm When they were weighing their options, Yamamoto called Nina. "Status?"
"Supervillains Alecto and a red power-armored figure have fled the scene," Agent Owl was barely restraining her anger at this, "Heaven's Treasure is neutralized, send a team to arrest them, I'm bringing back wounded to the base," she finished.

"Grit, load her into the Screech Owl, I'll fly her back to HQ," Agent Owl insisted before turning to Starfish, "I'd stay with you until the police arrived but..."
Last edited by Nintendogeek01 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The Atlantean was barely used to breathing surface air for all her time above the waves. Inhaling all this smoke had her coughing and wheezing.

"Go.*cough* *cough*.. get her..*gasp*.. hospital..*cough* *wheeze*.."

"I'll.*cough*.. water." She couldn't see with her eyes watering to be any assistance so she invoked her magic to turn her whole body aqueous. The others heard the splash and sloshes of Myra letting herself drip down through the boards on her way to the first level and out of this room.
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Agent Owl

Agent Owl watches Starfish slip away to get some breathing room before hopping into the Screech Owl, Nightstar set in there, sealing the hatch and rocketing off!
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Alecto

Thanks to Red Rocket's "American-style distraction" (ie, going in with all guns blazing, as she likes to think), she managed to
get away from a very bad situation. Her exhaustion had prevented her from thinking of the BEST solution - just teleport back home !

True, she'd be incapacitated from the effort of pushing her powers beyond their normal use, but she'd be safe, and well away from the heroes !

When he stated that Yamamoto had reneged on their deal, she got rather annoyed - it was THAT sort of crap that convinced her to become a villain in the first place ! Being used like a disposable pawn by someone else ?! Never again !

"She who cannot trust, cannot be trusted." It was a bit of wisdom from Lao Tsu, via the monks. As was "We can't do anything wrong; we merely get outcomes or results we do not like. If we take responsibility for the outcome, we can lovingly explore the choices we made so we can make different ones in the future."

"Well, I'm certainly going to do that !"
she mused, "Dealing with The Hand and the guardians has been rather - informative.
So many new attack possibilities !"