New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shock

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Post by Shock »

I forgot to have Violet answer the phone so I edited that into my post
Shock

Post by Shock »

“I guess. I mean, well, I dunno. Do you think hypothermia would be an issue?”
I dunno. Ask Wolf :twisted:
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Shock wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:07 pm
“I guess. I mean, well, I dunno. Do you think hypothermia would be an issue?”
I dunno. Ask Wolf :twisted:
Wolf is one of those things I need to return to, but there's more exciting things to deal with. Right now, he's in custody, awaiting his day in court. I have notes to bring Jakob, Mat, Mike, Violet, and Rose to testify. Naturally, nothing at all bad could possibly happen there.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Shock

Post by Shock »

I don't mind getting a break from Wolf. He was behind every door for a while there ;} Jakob could use a bit more fleshing out as he's kinda just the "regular guy" of that group.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Shock wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:44 pm I don't mind getting a break from Wolf. He was behind every door for a while there ;} Jakob could use a bit more fleshing out as he's kinda just the "regular guy" of that group.
Aye, but at the moment, I view Wolf's pending trial as being a vehicle for exploring Jakob's character a bit. Right now, I feel as though he's nothing more than some archtypes--chief among them that he's a damsel in distress (I don't intend to change that--I rather enjoy the idea that in this relationship, Jakob is the one who is weak and Violet is the one doing the saving). I also feel that it provides closure for Mike as well and can give him a bit more character--Rose as well. I can even see it furthering Mat a bit too.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Michuru wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:58 pm
Shock wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:44 pm I don't mind getting a break from Wolf. He was behind every door for a while there ;} Jakob could use a bit more fleshing out as he's kinda just the "regular guy" of that group.
Aye, but at the moment, I view Wolf's pending trial as being a vehicle for exploring Jakob's character a bit. Right now, I feel as though he's nothing more than some archtypes--chief among them that he's a damsel in distress (I don't intend to change that--I rather enjoy the idea that in this relationship, Jakob is the one who is weak and Violet is the one doing the saving). I also feel that it provides closure for Mike as well and can give him a bit more character--Rose as well. I can even see it furthering Mat a bit too.
Sounds good to me.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Well, I was needing to catch up. I suppose Dennis may just finally wind up replacing Lex on the hated list, at least from the female side of the school.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I believe I made a note of it at the time time, but Lex would have told people about the Academy and what he thinks their headmistress has done to them.

Details about Kirstie's Dad were obviously censored out.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Heh. I totally forgot Lex's dad had powers. :oops: Still makes sense Violet wouldn't respect him as a threat, though she probably should have
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Shock wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:00 pm Heh. I totally forgot Lex's dad had powers. :oops: Still makes sense Violet wouldn't respect him as a threat, though she probably should have
I really need to finish his background and post him. Roger's powerset is so non-threatening...
STR 15 (+2), DEX 12 (+1), CON 15 (+2), INT 10, WIS 14 (+2), CHA 11

SKILLS: Bluff 4, Climb 4 (+6), Craft (mechanical) 4, Intimidate 2, Knowledge (popular culture) 4, Knowledge (tactics) 4, Languages 1 (English [base], Spanish), Notice 2 (+4), Pilot 3 (+4), Profession (mechanic) 4 (+6), Profession (soldier) 4 (+6), Sense Motive 4 (+6)

FEATS: All-out Attack, Attack Focus (melee) 4, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 4, Dodge Focus 2, Elusive Target, Equipment 2, Improved Block 2, Interpose, Power Attack, Takedown Attack 1

POWERS: Absorption 6 (energy; Healing; Flaws: Limited [electricity, -2]), Features 2 (can power small electrical devices, can make hands or eyes glow like flashlight), Immunity 10 (electricity effects), Speed 6 (500 MPH; Extras: Affects Others [+1])

Equipment: cell phone

COMBAT: Attack +4 (+8 melee), Grapple +, Damage +2, Defense +6 (+2 flat-footed), Knockback -1, Initiative +1

SAVES: Toughness +4 (+2 flat-footed), Fortitude +6, Reflex +2, Will +3

COMPLICATIONS: Prejudice (Neo-Sapien)

Abilities 17 + Skills 10 (40 ranks) + Feats 20 + Powers 36 + Combat 16 + Saves 6 = 105 points
Similar powers to Lex, but without the ability to really steal the show from the PCs.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

To be fair, Lex has never really seen his Dad use his powers.
He'd have no idea that his Dad has never figured out how to hurl lightning ;~)
Shock

Post by Shock »

PL5 is pretty decent for a civilian though, as is 105pp. I remember being surprised his attack was +8 but I never put that together with the fact he has powers. Not my best detective moment, especially since I already knew it.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Actually based on how the build is written up... that attack roll is all Roger.
He hasn't leveraged his powers to increase his combat abilities like Lex does.

So it looks like he's a bad ass normal with the ability to run really fast ;~)
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:21 pm Well, I was needing to catch up. I suppose Dennis may just finally wind up replacing Lex on the hated list, at least from the female side of the school.
Hmmm... You know, thinking on it I don't can't think of many female students who have a reason to dislike Lex. I mean, most don't have a reason to like him, but...

Tat seems to dislike him, though not enough to write home about. That might be due to the fact that her best friend is(was?) Kirstie and her boyfriend hangs out with the pesky american all the time.

Ellen probably doesn't care for him much on the basis that he's on bad terms with both of her boyfriends. Though due to the lack of interaction who knows?

Speedy-McCrazy-Pants doesn't like Lex because she's a horrible person... That's how her last exam came back. "You are a horrible person". And they weren't even testing for that!

Sara might have cause due to Lex outing her as being pregnant... Though I'm not sure how that could have been done better than it was.

Violet has had to talk to Lex. This is often enough. ;~)
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet's opinion of Lex is mostly neutral, tending to positive (due to Kirstie's influence) but varies depending on whether they happen to agree or disagree on the subject in question at the time.