The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The girl takes a deep breath. " It always give me a headache...", she mutters as she closes her eyes. For a moment, nothing happens...and then, the fabric of the air inside the room seems to snap...and an apple falls to the ground.

Immediately, the scanner pings loudly.
" Hnngh...I hope it gets better after a while...", the girl groans.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"Well, we found our ping," she said and patted the girl on the shoulder. "If you run into any problems or just need to talk, email me." she said as she handed the girl an email address she could be reached at. "I might not answer immediately, but I will get in touch with you." she smiled a little. "You can live a relatively normal life if you choose to. It's not all spandex and monsters."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Agent Long will find the manager and tell him everything is okay as far as this is concerned and bids him a good day.

He’ll head outside and round up the team, take on his monocycle form again and head toward the movie lot. He magnanimously doesn’t mention how this <censored>....
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AISLYNN

The woman sighed as she got behind Hannible on the transformed Autobot (and a year ago, if she thought that was possible, they'd be locking her up in a small padded cell). "Well, let's go to Hollywood." she said.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

And thus, you do.

The local Miramax studio is not the main one, that would be in Santa Monica.

However, any studio worth its money does have holdings in Hollywood. A somewhat bored-looking guy is sitting in a small booth near the entrance, next to the barrier keeping just anyone from entering. As you come closer, he looks up. " Yeah?" he asks through the speakers outside his booth.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Agent Nathaniel Long wasn't as quick as the Transformer that the other agents were on. Probably for the best as he'd have to transform to give his credentials. So, he stayed in monocycle form just behind the rest of his team.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

Hannibal
HP: 0 (?)

Hannibal revs Torques engine (man that sounds sooooo wrong) as they arrive at the gate, he ignores the Autobot`s protest - and the security guard albeit the latter only for a moment. Turning slowly, he lowers his sunglasses.

"They're expecting me." He says as if he expects the guard to know him. "Me and my, entourage, have an appointment. Bigwigs, movie deals, fake vampires and superheroes. Just no green spandex."

Waiting a moment or two - not too long, but just enough to look full of himself, Hannibal pushes the glasses up and turns back to the gate/ barrier expectantly.

Hannibal nudges Torque with his knee, and latter seems to get the message. He reaches out with his tech controlling abilities - newly discovered tech controlling powers - to plant a fake appointment on the system, or failing that to reach out and communicate with the the guard`s walkie talkie, as a last ditch effort, Torque will call the guard`s cellphone.

OOC - Torque: Control Technology: Affliction [Resisted by Fortitude, Overcome by skill or Fortitude (Controlled); Cumulative, Perception, Affects Object Only, Limited to Third Degree Only, Limited to Technology.

Now, I somehow managed to not indicate the power`s rank... IIRC it worked out to 1 rank (for now). All depends on the Firewall.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The man actually looks surprised. " Mr...Reynolds...I didn't know you had an appointment...wait...oh...yes, there it is. Sorry, must have slipped my mind", he is quick to apologize.
" I'll let you through. Need any directions? Oh...and if any of you sees the Warding technician...tell him Mr. Smith needs more secure storage disks"

//Warding technicians are basically assistants capable of using basic warding magic. Since the Merge, certain occult symbols now do contain real power...which makes using them on film somewhat tricky. Cue the warding techs, who are trained in applying certain wards to devices films are recorded with and saved on to "disarm" them. With that, you can still use things like, say, the Yellow Sign, a pentagram or the eight-pointed star of Chaos without the audience going insane or accidentially summoning demons...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AIslynn

The girl grinned and nodded. "We will!"

ooc
Also, making sure that certain entities don't hitch-hike onto the film (Ring, It, etc)

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//indeed

Now that you are through, you are standing right in the middle of the studio's grounds. There are several larger buildings and one or two halls for filming. People are walking by, some in various costumes or make-up - although these days, it's hard to say what's make-up and what's extradimensional.

No one pays you any particular attention at the moment.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque
HP: 0

Hannibal
HP: 0 (?)

Hannibal "parks" Torque and stretches as he gets off, er, gets down, um, disembarks from the bloody Transformer. Get your freaking minds out of the gutter people !

"So, Bender." He smirks as he pictures Amy as an alcoholic robot with attitude, "Whattayou and Wheels here got?.".

Torque begins to reach out to the cameras, surveillance equipment and other tech to scan the area. He also patches into the Internet and looks up a personality profile of Ryan Reynolds that he promptly sends to Hannibal`s cellphone.

"Wiseass. Should probably start calling you Bender instead."
Last edited by Bladewind on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Long rolls in after them, the simulated rider raising a plastic arm in salute.

As the helmetted 'rider' disembarks he keeps a hand on the monocycle. The 'bike' then seems to collapse, folding in on itself in dimension-distorting ways to become a small hand-held device. The [now-full] rider pockets the device and turns to face his companions.

"Where do we go?" he asks, the words muffled slightly by the motorcycle helmet.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

The young agent takes out the device and powers it up, while letting Torque give his imput. "Thataway I guess," she said squinting at the readouts, "Right Torque?"

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The readouts point towards one of the larger halls, somewhere in the back. Coincentally, it's also the one with the most traffic, quite a lot of people going in and out continuously...and as you approach, you can see a somewhat short and quite heavyset bearded man talking to a few younger people.

You know the guy, at least those from our reality who've had any exposure to western pop culture do...it's Kevin Smith.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AISLYNN

"It's somewhere in the back." the girl said, pointing vaguely in the direction of where the device is pinging.

Battle Init