Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Arkrite

Re: Jab's Builds! (Zarya! D.Va! Mercy! Junkrat! Roadhog! THE THICCNESS!)

Post by Arkrite »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:18 am I wish THAT was the Most Common Superpower :). I'd include it a lot more in my OC-verse, but it's hard to justify superheroes having less-athletic physiques.
Honestly I'm more surprised by the high level of fitness of most superheroes. I mean, it makes sense for the heroes who are reliant on a high level of physical fitness.
Your Daredevils, Batmen and Spidermen.

But for guys like Magneto, Pheonix, or other people who fight almost entirely by using their powers? Why are those guys so jacked and those ladies so super athletic?
Probably because it looks better. But considering Magneto flies around most of the time and relies on his powers I'm kind of surprised he doesn't look more like Megaman's Doctor Light instead of Zeus with a shave.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Arkrite wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:39 am
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:18 am I wish THAT was the Most Common Superpower :). I'd include it a lot more in my OC-verse, but it's hard to justify superheroes having less-athletic physiques.
Honestly I'm more surprised by the high level of fitness of most superheroes. I mean, it makes sense for the heroes who are reliant on a high level of physical fitness.
Your Daredevils, Batmen and Spidermen.

But for guys like Magneto, Pheonix, or other people who fight almost entirely by using their powers? Why are those guys so jacked and those ladies so super athletic?
Probably because it looks better. But considering Magneto flies around most of the time and relies on his powers I'm kind of surprised he doesn't look more like Megaman's Doctor Light instead of Zeus with a shave.
I can see that to an extent. Dr. Octopus actually stayed obese because his arms did all the work. Most villains and heroes, however, engage in a lot of combat, close and far. They're like soldiers- the lifestyle is athletic enough that unless you're doing "bathroom psychic" stuff, you should be in pretty good shape.

The Prof should likely be flabbier, but at least he has the excuse that part of his training philosophy was to perfect the body as well as the powers- using them both in unison makes the powers more effective.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Spectrum wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:13 pm I just came across this to confuse Jab-
Gleep! A little too much skin for even ME to post in my thread! Heck, I even held back on THIS one for Zarya: https://pre00.deviantart.net/f1ca/th/pr ... a13bqj.png (no nudity, but hella-close)

The Mei pic ends up a bit too "hyper-inflation" for my tastes. It's the damndest thing with my fetishes- I'm into a lot of stuff, but not at like... the CRAZY level. I like thickness, muscles, height and bellies, but not, like 900-lb. blobs, inflat-o-muscles, vore/foot giantess stuff, or ground-dragging pregnant ladies. It makes for some frustration :).
Jabroniville

Reaper

Post by Jabroniville »

REAPER (Gabriel Reyes)
Role:
That Guy You Drew In Your Margins in History Class, Bad-Ass Villain, Stealth Fighter, Mercenary
Fetish Targets: Bad Boy
Group Affiliations: Anyone Who'll Pay Him
PL 10 (147)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 6
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 7 (+12)
Expertise (Soldier) 10 (+12)
Expertise (Mercenary) 4 (+6)
Perception 5 (+8)
Ranged Combat (Guns) 1 (+12)
Stealth 9 (+14)
Technology 6 (+8)
Vehicles 1 (+6)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Benefit 1 (Ambidexterity), Equipment 5 (Hellfire Shotguns), Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Guns) 3, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Wraith Form" Insubstantial 2 (10) -- [11]
  • AE: "Shadow Step" Teleport 1 (Feats: Change Direction) (3)
Regeneration 4 (Flaws: Source- Kicking Ass) [2]

Equipment:
"Hellfire Shotguns" Blast 8 (Feats: Split) (Extras: Multiattack) (Diminished Range -1) (24)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Hellfire Shotguns +12 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications:
Power Loss (Ammo)- All ammunition has the potential to run out, and must be recharged. He cannot continuously Teleport nor use Wraith Form, either.
Enemy (Jack Morrison)- Reaper and Soldier: 76 were both members of Overwatch back in the day, but a feud between the two former friends led to the group's destruction, and horrible injuries for both men.
Responsibility (Scarred)- Reaper has horrible facial scarring.
Enemy (Winston)- Reaper appears to have always hated the talking gorilla, even going back to their Overwatch days.

Total: Abilities: 80 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 18 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 14 (147)

-Reaper is your "Bad-Ass Villain" character, looking like something out of Image Comics... except Video Games has been in a permanent "Iron Age" since the 1990s, and has never gotten out of it, so he's pretty much par for the course with gaming. He started out as Gabriel Reyes, an enhanced human in the American government's "Super-Soldier" program alongside Jack "Soldier: 76" Morrison. The two became fast friends as elite agents in Overwatch during the Omnic Crisis, but when Jack was made the overall commander after the war, passing over Reyes, Gabriel became jealous. He would form the "black ops" section known as Blackwatch, and recruit agents like Jesse McCree and Moira O'Deorain (who would both also become playable characters in the game). Eventually, he would fight Morrison in a battle that would destroy Overwatch's Swiss headquarters, and break up the organization nearly permanently- both were thought-dead. Jack returned as Soldier: 76, while Reyes would make his return as the super-criminal Reaper.

-As Reaper, Reyes is a masked, remorseless mercenary, known for a bad attitude and showing no loyalty to any cause whatsoever. He transforms himself into mist- one of the few "Comic Book Superpowers" on display in the game. He acts as a grouchy, angry, dark figure, generally showing a bad attitude and a tendency towards being serious.

-Reaper is a close-in fighter, designed to sneak up and flank people using Teleport and Insubstantial as movement techniques. It's accepted that he's probably the game's deadliest character in terms of damage output and lethality, and this makes him one of the best players for beginners. His stealth allows him to get in behind people, and this is his specialty- savage, rapid damage against unaware foes. His "Ultimate"- Death Blossom- is one of those Extra Effort/HP powers that's just boosted Shotgun usage (ie. firing faster).

Comic Book-izing Reaper: Reaper would fit right in with 1990s Marvel or Image Comics- he's practically an X-Force member already. He'd probably keep a single Shotgun, but specialize in Double-Blades or a Scythe or something.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Yes, that is true.

How "super" would Superman be, if Joe Q Citizen had a better, trimmer, much more athletic build even though he had no super powers?
Jabroniville

Pharah

Post by Jabroniville »

Ye gads- so beautiful. Even with the armor on.

PHARAH (Fareeha Amari)
Role:
Powersuit Chick, Flier
Fetish Targets: Dark-Skinned, Athletic, Exotic, Stoic & Serious Girl, Power Armor (shut up! I have a thing, okay?)
Group Affiliations: Overwatch
PL 9 (128)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+7)
Expertise (Soldier) 9 (+12)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Perception 5 (+8)
Persuasion 1 (+4)
Stealth 3 (+7)
Technology 5 (+8)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Evasion, Improved Defenses, Ranged Attack 4, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Raptora Mark VI Power Armor" (Flaws: Removable) [28]
Protection 3 (3)
"Hover Jets" Flight 4 (30 mph) (Flaws: Limited to Short Jumps) (4)
"Jump Jets" Leaping 2 (30 feet) (2)
"Rocket Launcher" Blast 9 (Extras: Burst Area 7) (25) -- (26)
  • AE: "Concussive Blast" Affliction 8 (Strength; Dazed & Hindered/Stunned & Immobile) (Feats: Knockback) (Extras: Ranged, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (17)
-- (35 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Concussive Blast +9 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Rocket Launcher +8 (+9 Ranged Damage & +7 Burst Damage, DC 24 & 22)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3 (+6 Armor), Fortitude +5, Will +8

Complications:
Power Loss (Ammo)- All ammunition has the potential to run out, and must be recharged.
Motivation (Protector)- The Horus-inspired eye tattoo, mimicking her mother's indicates "protector". Initially, Fareeha thought that it meant her mother was protecting her; in the end, she realized that SHE was the protector.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 28 / Defenses: 13 (128)

-Pharah is the sole true "Flier" of Overwatch, and has one of the best designs- it'd be Generic Power Armor, but for that bitching yellow "falcon's beak" visor, and that's really all you need to be iconic sometimes. And then THAT FACE!! Pharah is like the best of "Exotic Foreign Girls" combined into one person- dark skin, sexy eye tattoo, long black hair... she's really something. That a lot of fan-art gives her a REALLY "Fitness Model" body only improves the overall deal- in any game that didn't have Zarya or Mei in it, Pharah would be "my girl"- she's just got way too many checks in the columns, ya know? Her mother is Egyptian, and her father is a Native Canadian from an unnamed tribe.

-Pharah is the stoic, serious (URGH, so awesome...) daughter of Ana Amari, and comes from a long line of soldiers (Ana was an Overwatch operative). She'd always wanted to follow in Ana's footsteps, but her mother disagreed strongly with this. When Ana was thougth killed, Pharah got a similar Sexy Eye Tattoo (which is a protective symbol). When Overwatch was disbanded before she could join it, she hooked up with Helix International, a security company, and got training in their bitching Flying Power Armor. She had a reputation for seriousness and thinking of "the mission before the man", but when her commander was killed in action and she had to take his place, she started treating her men as the "family" they were supposed to be.

-Pharah's primary capability is the Hover/Jump Jet power that lets her go aerial for a limited amount of time (since there's fuel limits, she can "hop, then fly" periodically). Effectively dominating the "vertical game" of Overwatch, she can then rain down her rockets on the enemy from above.

-She's a bit of a curious thing- in a comic book series, she'd obviously be "The Iron Man", packing ranged attacks and Death From Above, with strength-enhancing power armor. But in a video game, that would be COMPLETELY broken, and so we get this half-assed "Jump Jets & Rockets" design that isn't even that durable! One of those weird video game things, really.

Comic Book-izing Pharah:
Like I said, she'd be "Iron Man Lite" at worst- probably wearing a version of the Iron Patriot gear, having permanent Flight and way less crappy powers. She'd have a half-dozen weapons at least, and her Toughness wouldn't be a garbage +6- it'd probably hit +9 at LEAST. She'd easily hit PL 10, possibly higher. Comic Book Pharah would be way more fun.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

Re: Pharah

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:05 pm Her mother is Egyptian, and her father is a Native Canadian from an unnamed tribe.
a) Unnamed? Or unspecified?

b) So, her dad is probably a drunk? I don't know if it's true, but I've heard alcoholism is prevalent among the aboriginal Canadian population.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
catsi563

Re: Jab's Builds! (Zarya! D.Va! Mercy! *sigh*... Mei & Pharah...

Post by catsi563 »

little of both no name for the tribe is ever given in the fluff that I recall

and possibly though not guaranteed, alcoholism is sadly a prevalent and serious problem not just in Canadas aboriginal tribes but in native tribes all over North America. the lack of ecomomic opportunity, exploitation of the land by corporations and other issues leads to high stress levels and too many people seeking refuge in the bottom of a bottle.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:05 pmPHARAH (Fareeha Amari)
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:05 pm Her mother is Egyptian, and her father is a Native Canadian from an unnamed tribe.
I'm still kind of bummed that we didn't find out that Reinhardt was Pharah's dad. Between his voice lines towards Ana (voice actor does a great job displaying that Reinhardt had deep feelings for her) and the all the "hints" with the names of their various skins, it seemed like a sure thing.

Pharah's a lot of fun to play too and is great at harassing the enemy team. I feel like they need to buff her Ultimate though. Either give her some mobility/maneuverability, bump up the damage or duration, or both.
Formerly luketheduke86
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Ken wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:41 pm
a) Unnamed? Or unspecified?

b) So, her dad is probably a drunk? I don't know if it's true, but I've heard alcoholism is prevalent among the aboriginal Canadian population.
So far we only know that his first name is Sam and we got a shot of him in the Reflections comic book.

"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Pharah WOULD have been high on my list... but that tattoo kills me. Not even in a place I can ignore...
Jabroniville

Sombra

Post by Jabroniville »

SOMBRA (Olivia Colomar)
Role:
Super-Hacker, Bad Girl, Manipulator
Fetish Targets: Latina, Big Butt, Bad Girl
Group Affiliations: Talon, Los Muertos (gang)
PL 10 (178)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 7
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 12 (+13)
Deception 8 (+11)
Expertise (Computers) 12 (+16)
Insight 5 (+8)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 10 (+13)
Perception 9 (+12)
Ranged Combat (Machine Pistol) 1 (+11)
Sleight of Hand 5 (+12)
Stealth 8 (+13)
Technology 6 (+10)

Advantages: 
Benefit (Cipher), Daze (Deception), Equipment 4 (Machine Pistol, Translocator), Evasion, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Initiative 2, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

Powers:
"Cybernetics In Spine" Communication 1 (Technology) [4]
"Opportunist" Senses 3 (Detect Injured Enemies- Ranged, Accurate) [3]

"Hack" (Flaws: Removable) [28]
"Hacks Foes" Affliction 10 (Toughness; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed to Powerless) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative) (30) -- (34 points)
  • AE: "Hacks First Aid Kits" Affliction 10 (Tech Skill of Creator; Impaired/Disabled/Controlled) (Extras: Affects Objects Only +0, Cumulative) (Flaws: Limited to Machines) (10)
  • AE: "Translocator" Teleport 2 (Extras: Accurate) (Flaws: Limited to Translocator's Location) (4)
  • AE: "Thermocoptic Camo" Concealment (Visuals) 2 (Flaws: Limited to When Not Attacking or Being Struck) Linked to Speed 2 (8 mph) (4)
  • AE: "EMP" Affliction 10 (Toughness; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed to Powerless) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Selective, Cumulative) (Flaws: Unreliable- 5/day) (30)
Equipment:
"Machine Pistol" Blast 5 (Extras: Multiattack) (15)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Hack +10 (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
EMP +10 Area (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
Machine Pistol +11 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +13

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Power Loss (Ammo)- All ammunition has the potential to run out, and must be recharged.
Motivation (Greed & Power)- Sombra knows that above all, knowledge is power.
Motivation (Solving Mysteries & Surpassing Locks)- This is an addictive behavior for her.
Enemy (Katya Volskaya)- Sombra is blackmailing Katya in order to have a powerful "friend". As Katya is the most powerful woman in Russia, this can have some negative repurcussions.
Secret (Identity)- Sombra once discovered a global conspiracy- unfortunately, it had also seen her. She was forced to erase her identity and take on the name of "Sombra" instead. Powerful enemies are still out looking for her.
Power Loss (Hacking)- Sombra cannot hack certain movement abilities, like the Wall Runs of some characters, or Pharah's Hover. It cannot interrupt certain active powers once they start, nor affect Symmetra's constructs.

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 86--43 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 35 / Defenses: 14 (178)

-Sombra is the very first New Character introduced to Overwatch after its successful launch. Fans were excited to see a newbie, but a bit taken aback when she looked SO similar to the Brazilian Laura Matsuda from the Street Fighter franchise- the skin tones are very similar, and the "half-shaved, half-long" hair really made Sombra appear to be a knock-off. Sombra, however, is much more "pink", with the short part of her hair being very bright. The character moved from a "Female Ninja" to a Mexican stealth assassin ("Sombra" means "Shadow" in Spanish), to a less-boring, more cyberpunky "Agile Hacker" who messes with people by touch.

-Sombra is a hacker, which, in a High-Tech world like Overwatch's, is a very powerful thing indeed. An obsessive troublemaker, safe-cracker and mystery-solver, she's ideal for the job, and her lack of morals makes her highly dangerous. In a six-minute video, Sombra purposefully buggers a mission alongside Reaper & Widowmaker, solely so that she can blackmail Katya Volskaya ("the most POWERFUL woman in Russia- I've always WANTED a friend like that!") into doing the occasional favor for her. Orphaned years ago in Mexico following the Omnic Crisis, she's had to make her own way, and rarely made friends- only pawns. After a powerful global conspiracy discovered her (immediately after she had discovered it), she had to erase her identity and become a more-secretive hacker, thus bringing her into business with Talon. She appears more as a shit-disturber than a REALLY evil villain, though- appearing to have fun with her work. The potential of her past being discovered is apparently quite scary for her, however- she is NOT impressed that Zarya apparently knows her real name.

-Sombra is believed to be a "collective" of hackers, not just one. However, Mrs. Volskaya had sent Zarya after her, aiming to eliminate her "friend" as a threat, and revealed that she knew Sombra's real name. Zarya defeated Sombra, but was forced to abandon the base with her ally (but not before Sombra revealed Katya's secrets to her).

-Sombra is a speedy, "infiltrator" type of character, able to go invisible and sneak behind enemy lines and "Hack" them (for balance reasons, she becomes visible when doing so). "Hacking" in Overwatch terms is shutting off their powers for six seconds- an eternity in an FPS game. In M&M terms you have to kejigger it to make it more of a standard Affliction- I didn't want to have a "time limit" on how long it worked for- Affliction is tricky enough to get to work without a time issue as well. I couldn't go with Fortitude for the save, as it also works on Omnics, and I figured I'd make it 8 ranks and Cumulative, as opposed to what it is in the game. Really, in the game itself, it ALWAYS works- M&M has no mechanic for "Always Works", nor should it. She can Hack First Aid Kits, which I used as a general "Affect Technology" thing (in a Video Short, she Hacks a Mech in order to force it to grab her and stop her fall).

-Sombra can either Hack at range- her standard ability- or hit her "Ultimate"- a wide-range EMP Burst that will take out the powers of anyone in range. This is, naturally, QUITE devastasting to many characters, particularly the defensive Tanks or the Healers, and makes Sombra a great "assist" character. Just don't use her as a frontline fighter- she doesn't have the hitting power or the health for it. Her "Translocator" lets her jump to a nearby location quickly- wherever she tosses her little Translocator device. Like most powers in Overwatch, it doesn't last long or go far.

Comic Book-izing Sombra: Her "Hack" power would actually be a fun thing for a comic book villain- I can imagine her being much the same way. The "Translocator" would probably have much more range on it, though.
Davies

Post by Davies »

BriarThrone wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:25 pm Pharah WOULD have been high on my list... but that tattoo kills me. Not even in a place I can ignore...
My friend, you stress very unimportant matters.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:04 pm
BriarThrone wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:25 pm Pharah WOULD have been high on my list... but that tattoo kills me. Not even in a place I can ignore...
My friend, you stress very unimportant matters.
I usually hate tattoos on women, too- nothing turns a "10" into a "6" like ink. That said... I kind dig Pharah's.