Warehouse W - Valiant: X-O Manowar, Ken and Randy

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Warehouse W: 2018 Re-opening - Overwatch: Soldier 76, Ana Amari, Reaper, Reinhardt

Post by Jabroniville »

Reinhardt's shield is one of those weird damn things about a Video Game-to-M&M translation. In the game, it's quite simple- a big fat object that blocks stuff in front of it. It has a specific amount of time it can be active for, then it shuts off. It has a specific amount of HP.

In *M&M*, though, it's a different ball of wax. Limited Force Field? That changes your PL. Objectively, it's basically a big, fat shield- should it be statted like one (ie. Enhanced Dodge)? Create allows it to be used as cover (like in the video game), but... that's opening up other weird issues. And how the heck do you handle the "ammo" stuff? So many questions with translations like this. Thank goodness for Complications.
Woodclaw

Re: Warehouse W: 2018 Re-opening - Overwatch: Soldier 76, Ana Amari, Reaper, Reinhardt

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:33 am Reinhardt's shield is one of those weird damn things about a Video Game-to-M&M translation. In the game, it's quite simple- a big fat object that blocks stuff in front of it. It has a specific amount of time it can be active for, then it shuts off. It has a specific amount of HP.

In *M&M*, though, it's a different ball of wax. Limited Force Field? That changes your PL. Objectively, it's basically a big, fat shield- should it be statted like one (ie. Enhanced Dodge)? Create allows it to be used as cover (like in the video game), but... that's opening up other weird issues. And how the heck do you handle the "ammo" stuff? So many questions with translations like this. Thank goodness for Complications.
I think that's mostly because M&M is the only game I know where the Level set the maximum power of the character, instead of the minimum.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Woodclaw

#5 Overwatch - Torbjörn

Post by Woodclaw »

Picture by BillCreative

"When the Omnics took our technology and twisted it to teir needs, it infuriated me ... but at least I understood it."

Torbjörn
Chief engineer Torbjörn Lindholm

Power Level: 8 (7 on attack, except against Omnics); Power Points: 117; Hero Points: 3

STR: +2/+4 (14/18 left arm only), DEX: +1 (12), CON: +4 (14), INT: +4 (18), WIS: +3 (16), CHA: +0 (10)

Skills: Awareness 2 (+5), Interaction 3 (+3), Language 2 (English 3, German 1; Native: Swedish 3), Profession (Engineer) 4 (+8), Science 3 (+7), Technology 4 (+8/+12 [Omnics tech]), Thievery 3 (+4), Vehicles 3 (+4)

Feats: Attack Specialization 1 (Rivet Gun), Dodge Focus 4, Endurance 1, Equipment 2, Favored Opponent 2 (Omnics), Improved Sunder, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Luck 2, Salvage, Skill Mastery 1 (Profession, Technology), Task Focus 1 (Omnics, Technology), Teamwork 1

Powers:
Master Builder (Quickness 3 [task speed x10]: Flaw: One Task [jury rigging]; 1pp)
Cybernetic Arm (Container 2 [passive]; 10pp)
  • Enhanced Strength 4 (Flaw: Limited [left arm only]; Drawback: Temporary Disability [no fine manipulation])
  • Magnetic Manipulator (Move Object 4 [heavy load 400 lbs]; PF: Extended Reach 1, Precise; Flaw: Limited Material [metal only], Range 1 [Touch])
  • Shield 2
Portable Turret (Summon 2 [turret]; Extra: Fanatical, Heroic; Flaw: Action 1 [full]; 6pp)
Turret (immobile construct)
STR: - (-), DEX: - (-), CON: - (-), INT: - (-), WIS: +0 (10), CHA: - (-)

Skills: Awareness 6 (+6)

Feats: Attack Focus 7 (Ranged), Dodge Focus 6, Improved Critical 1 (autocannons), Precise Shot

Powers:
Armored Casing (Protection 8)
Autocannons (Blast 7; PF: Accurate, Alternate Power 1; Extra: Autofire 1)
  • AP: Missile Launcher (Blast 9; Extra Area [Explosion, Targeted, 5 ranks]; Flaw: Unreliable [5 shots])
Robotic (Immunity 30 [Fortitude Saves])
Sensors (Super-senses 4 [Radar, Danger sense (radar)])
Rivet Gun (Device 2 [easy to lose]; PF: Alternate Power 1, Restricted [reloads with molten metal]; 8pp)
  • AP: Forge Hammer (Device 2 [easy to lose])
Ironclad Armor (Device 4 [hard to lose]; 16pp)

Devices

Rivet Gun (10 pp of Effects)
  • Rivet (Blast 6; PF: Alternate Power 1; Drawback: Full Power, Lethal, Reduced Range 1)
  • AP: Scattershot (Blast 6; Extra: Scattershot; Drawback: Full Power, Lethal, Reduced Range 1)
Forge Hammer (10 pp of Effects)
  • Strike 3 (PF: Alternate Power 1 Knockback 2; Extra: Penetrating)
  • AP: Quick Fix (Healing 7; PF: Regrowth; Extra: Affects Objects [only]; Flaw: Check Required [technology])
Ironclad Armor (30 pp of Effects)
  • Armor Plating (Protection 5)
  • Eyepiece (Super-senses 3 [Analitycal (visual senses), Microscopic Vision])
  • Portable Forge (Variable 3 [multiple powers of technological descriptor]; Flaw: Check Required [technlogy]; Drawbacks: Distracting, Power Loss 1 [requires scrap])
Typical Configurations
  • Armor Pack (Protection 4; PF: Progression 3 [can create up to 10 packs]; Extra: Affect Others; Flaw: Ablative)
  • Molten Core (Boost 7 [all powers]; Flaw: Personal Only, tiring)
Equipment: Toolkit (basic), Welding mask (as Flash Googles)

3ep in mission specific equipment

Combat: Attack +6 (+8 with Rivet Gun; Grapple: +10); Defense +7/+9 with armor (+2 Flat-footed); Initiative +1

Saves: Toughness +2/+7 with armor, Fortitude +5, Reflex +2, Will +5

Drawbacks:
  • Short Stride (Disability [uncommon, minor]; reduce base speed to 25')
Totals: Abilities 24 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Feats 19 + Powers 41 + Combat 18 + Saves 6 - Drawbacks 1 = 119

Complications
  • Guilt (designed the Omnics): Before the Crisis, Torbjörn was part of the Ironclad Guild, a team of engineers that created some of the first Omnics.
  • Hatred (war profiteers and Omnics): Torbjörn don't trust the Omnics one bit, but at least recognize that they're limited by their own programming, war profiteers are even worse in his book.
  • Love (Ingrid & the children): Not only Torby is still very much in love with his wife, Ingrid, he's also a proud father and grandfather.
  • Responsibility (Bastion): After encountering the lost Omnic warbot in Sweden, Torbjörn decided to help it survive.
:arrow: The last surviving member of the original five-men-band, Torbjörn fits the brain spot with a bit of a twist, instead of being a book-ish character, he's a front line engineer with heavy armor and a terrible temper.

:arrow: All in all Torbjörn is a bit on the dull side, in spite of having already appeared in two comics, they did very little to establish his character behind what any D&D player would consider stereotypical dwarf ... about that I need to add a bit of a rant before continuing. According to the in-game models Torbjörn is 1.40 meters, pretty much in that grey area between just being short and suffering from proper dwarfism, but look at his design! He's short, but otherwise built as a linebacker, he's a dwarf of the worst fantasy persuasion!

:arrow: Okay, rant done. The biggest problem, for me, so far is that we have seen very little of Torbjörn's characterization in spite of him being in two comics already. While we know that he hates Omnics, although not to the point of actively seeking them out, there very precious little to add. I'm really hoping that Blizzard would add something more to him.

:arrow: Most of Torbjörn's kit reflect his bulldozer-like approach to engineering, he's clearly a function over form kind of person and the very rough design of his armor reflects it. About the armor, a lot of Torbjörn's powers have been bundled up in his armored suit.

:arrow: The Rivet Gun gets device status only by virtue of its unusual loading tehcnique, otherwise it's just a beefed up shotgun.

:arrow: Also there's no two-way around it: the Armor Packs are a form of Ablative Protection and the Molten Core is a general purpose Boost. The only thing I can think of is invoking the rule that Fading effects doesn't count against the PL :?

:idea: After the most recent bits of lore it turns out that Torby lost the left arm during an operation after the Null Sector uprise, so the left arm is now its own separate power.
Last edited by Woodclaw on Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Jabroniville

Re: Warehouse W: 2018 Re-opening - Overwatch: Soldier 76, Ana Amari, Reaper, Reinhardt, Torbjörn

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh wow- didn't realize his armor had all that gear on it- portable forge? Damn- was that in another comic? The Wiki sites don't mention powers not relevant to the game.
Woodclaw

Re: Warehouse W: 2018 Re-opening - Overwatch: Soldier 76, Ana Amari, Reaper, Reinhardt, Torbjörn

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:35 am Oh wow- didn't realize his armor had all that gear on it- portable forge? Damn- was that in another comic? The Wiki sites don't mention powers not relevant to the game.
A lot of it is guesswork on my part. As I did in my old thread a lotof these builds are meant to capture what I consider the essence of these characters, not replicate the videogame mechanics 1-to-1. Torby's armor was based on the equipment he used with the Ironclad Guild and during his early stint with Overwatch, so it stand to reason that a lot of it was meant to provide help with field engineering.

Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Very nice Torbjorn, Woodclaw. That Summon Turret mechanic is pretty slick.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Woodclaw wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:01 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:35 am Oh wow- didn't realize his armor had all that gear on it- portable forge? Damn- was that in another comic? The Wiki sites don't mention powers not relevant to the game.
A lot of it is guesswork on my part. As I did in my old thread a lotof these builds are meant to capture what I consider the essence of these characters, not replicate the videogame mechanics 1-to-1. Torby's armor was based on the equipment he used with the Ironclad Guild and during his early stint with Overwatch, so it stand to reason that a lot of it was meant to provide help with field engineering.
Ah, I see. The Turret thing is pretty cool, too- the in-game effect is more like what you're using, while I passed mine off as Equipment :).
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:59 am Very nice Torbjorn, Woodclaw. That Summon Turret mechanic is pretty slick.
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:12 am
Woodclaw wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:01 pm
Ah, I see. The Turret thing is pretty cool, too- the in-game effect is more like what you're using, while I passed mine off as Equipment :).
Thanks you both guys, the turrent in and of itself isn't a big deal, matter of fact I considered building it as indipendent/triggered blast power, but I think that summon works better. Also, given the amount of punishment it can dish out I think it deserve full character status, not just equipment.

Woodclaw

#6 Overwatch - Mercy

Post by Woodclaw »

Picture by Jana Schirmer

"I tried to mend things. We all did. Sometimes when the closest bonds break, all you can do is pray you stay out of the cross fire."

Mercy
Doctor Angela Ziegler

Power Level: 7 (8 in Valkyrie Mode); Power Points: 120; Hero Points: 3

STR: +1 (12), DEX: +2 (14), CON: +1 (12), INT: +4 (18), WIS: +3 (16), CHA: +3 (16)

Skills: Awareness 2 (+5), Interaction 3 (+6), Knowledge 1 (+5), Language 2 (English 3, French or Italian 1; Native: German 3), Profession (Medic) 4 (+8), Science 2 (+6/+10 medicine), Survival 3 (+4), Technology 1 (+5/+9 medicine)

Feats: Attack Specialization 2 (Caduceus Blaster), Comforting Looks (same as Bishonen), Defensive Attack, Dodge Focus 7, Equipment 3, Improved Defense 1, Luck 3, Skill Mastery 1 (Profession, Science), Task Focus 1 (Medicine), Ultimate Medic

Powers:
Biotic Rejuvenation (Immunity 2 [aging, disease]: Flaw: Half-effect; 1pp)
Caduceus Staff (Device 4 [easy to lose]; 12pp)
Valkyrie Suit (Device 5 [hard to lose]; 20pp)

Devices

Caduceus Staff (20 pp of Effects)
  • Healing Stream (Healing 6; PF: Alternate Power 2; Extra: Range 1 [ranged], Total; Flaw: Limited to others)
    • AP: Resurrection (Healing 8; Extra: Resurrection [only]; Flaw: Limited [recently deseased], Tiring)
    • AP: Combat Boost (Boost 4 [attack & defense]; PF: Progression 1 [range x2]; Extra: Duration 1 [concentration], Range 1 [ranged]; Flaw: Others only)
Valkyrie Suit (25 pp of Effects)
  • Automedic (Regeneration 16; PF: Persistent; Bonus +5; Bruised, 1 round; Injured/Staggered, 1 minute; Disabled, 5 minutes; Flaw: Source [out of combat])
  • Lined Polymer (Protection 3)
  • Angelic Descent (Flight 4 [50 mph]; PF: Subtle; Flaw: Gliding; Drawback: Winged)
  • Medical Scanner (Super-senses 7 [Detect disease; Microscopic vision 2 (cell-size); MRI vision]; Flaw: Distracting)
  • Valkyrie Mode (Boost 5 [all devices]; Extra: Totale Fade; Flaw: Self only, Tiring)
Equipment: Medikit (basic)
Caduceus Blaster (+4 ballistic damage; crit 20; 40'; Autofire 1, Full Power, Stun ammo)

Combat: Attack +6 (+10 with Caduceus Blaster; Grapple: +7); Defense +10 with armor (+2 Flat-footed); Initiative +2

Saves: Toughness +1/+4 with armor, Fortitude +4, Reflex +4, Will +6

Totals: Abilities 28 + Skills 9 (18 ranks) + Feats 20 + Powers 37 + Combat 18 + Saves 8 = 120

Complications
  • Honor (hippocratic oath): Mercy takes her medical oath really to heart. She might have something of a Rescuer Complex.
  • Love (Genji): In a reverse-Frankenstein scenario (or a symptom of the Florence Nightingale effect), Mercy fell in -- mutual -- love with the critically injured ninja assassin while she was rebuilding him into a cyborg.
  • Responsibility (Biotic tech): Mercy wasn't happy when Torbjörn weaponized her biotic tech to create the biotic rifle later used by Ana, but at the very least he was trying to save lives. Many other people, included Moria, used her rearch to actively hurt people or perform unethical experiment.
:arrow: Angela Ziegler was a true prodigy healer and her skill sparked the interest of Overwatch initiative since the beginning, but her position as a stauch pacifist dampened her initial approach with the team. It was only after the end of the Omnci Crisis that Angela joined the team full-time.

:arrow: In many ways doctor Ziegler was the most important member of Overwatch, her research in biotic technology have benefitted milions of people and she had personally saved the lives of several of her comrades, including the Japanese ninja Genji Shimada she later fell in love with. Still, she remained very critical of the team and the preference for a militarist approach to problems that was typical of both Morrison and Reyes. She also had some arguments with her fellow researchers Torbjörn and Moira about the misuse of her biotic tech.

:arrow: In the aftermath of the Zurich Incident, Angela was interrogated by the U.N. Commitee and said that such outcome was inevitable since Morrison and Reyes had started drifting apart years ago in spite of her attempts to mend this fracture. She left Overwatch soon after before the team was shut down for good and started working with a future version of Médecins Sans Frontières.

:arrow: Mercy is one full PL below her fellow agents and heavily accuracy shifted to reflect her role as a second wave healer. She rarely -- if ever -- takes the point and usually just keeps pumping the main tank or striker.

:arrow: Most of her kit is self-explanatory. The Medical Scanner -- like many options of Torby's armor -- was added to provide a bit of latitude and out-of-combat utility. The Valkyrie Mode is one of those things that I really hate ... no matter how I look at it, I think it's way too expensive for what it does (which includes APing the Caduceus Staff for a more powerful version of the blaster).

:arrow: I'm not sure if the canon material included any mention of her actually performing some longevity experiment, but the pr-battle chat with Mei and other characters seem to imply so.

:arrow: Now the painful notes: I don't like Mercy all that much (sorry Scott). She's far from the worst character in the game, but I think she still lack that extra push to make her interesting. I get the angelic theme and I think the kit works, but her personality is ... kind of limited. There was a definite potential for more when it seemed that she was perhaps involuntarily behind many of the worst mistakes of the Overwatch universe (like Genji and Reaper) and was trying to balance her own karmic scales, but now -- with Moira in the picture -- Doctor Ziegler seem condemned to just fit the pious healer to a T. I hope that Blizzard will pull out something interesting for her too.
Last edited by Woodclaw on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Jabroniville

Re: Warehouse W - Overwatch: Soldier 76, Ana Amari, Reaper, Reinhardt, Torbjörn, Mercy

Post by Jabroniville »

*sigh*... that PIC...

Wait. Mercy/Genji? That wasn't listed on the site I was reading.
Woodclaw

Re: Warehouse W - Overwatch: Soldier 76, Ana Amari, Reaper, Reinhardt, Torbjörn, Mercy

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:58 am *sigh*... that PIC...

Wait. Mercy/Genji? That wasn't listed on the site I was reading.
Well, there are at the very least three elements that suggest it:
  • If Genji is near Mercy when she is eliminated during a match he shouts "Angela!", the only other character prompting such a reaction from the otherwise stoic cyborg is his mentor, Zenyatta.
  • On Valentine Day/White Day Mercy and Genji have a unique pre-battle chat where they exchange chocolate, which is considered a classic sign of love in Japan.
  • The splash page of the Reflection comic book show Genji writing a letter and Mercy receiving it (apparently she's very happy).
As for the Pharah/Mercy ship ... well I guess there a single pre-battle chat that started it:
Mercy: Keep the skies clear for me.
Pharah: Let's keep the skies clear together!
Last edited by Woodclaw on Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

PHARMERCY, ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

Neat backstory, though! White Day is indeed the day a male reciprocates giving his girl chocolate (on Valentines, women are supposed to give male acquaintances and co-workers giri chocolates).
Woodclaw

#7 Overwatch - Tracer

Post by Woodclaw »

Picture by NewMilky

"You know? The world could always use more heroes."

Tracer
Cadet Lena Oxton

Power Level: 8; Power Points: 120; Hero Points: 3

STR: +1 (12), DEX: +3 (16), CON: +1 (12), INT: +2 (14), WIS: +4 (18), CHA: +3 (16)

Skills: AAthletics 4 (+5), Awareness 3 (+7), Interaction 3 (+6/+10 in London), Knowledge 3 (+5), Language -
(native: English 3); Profession (military) 2 (+4), Profession (test pilot) 4 (+6), Thievery 2 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+6/+10 airplanes)

Feats: Ambidexterity, Attack Specialization 1 (Pulse Pistols), Cult Hero 1 (protector of London), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Distract, Dodge Focus 5, Equipment 7, Improved Initiative 1, Lionheart 1, Luck 2, Power Attack, Set-Up, Sneak Attack 1, Task Focus 1 (airplanes), Teamwork 2, Twin Weapon Strike, Uncanny Dodge (visual)

[Evasion 1]

Powers:
Temporal Anomaly (Immunity 1 [aging]; 1pp)
Chronal Manipulation (Array 6; PF: Alternate Power 1; Drawback: Power Loss 2 [without the Chronal Accelerator it becomes Unreliable] 12pp)
  • Base Power: Blink (Teleport 5 [500']; PF: Evasion 1, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Moving Feint, Turnabout; Flaw: Short Range Only)
  • AP: Recall (linked powers: Super-movement+Healing)
    • Linked: Super-movement 1 (Temporal Move 1 [about 10 seconds back in time])
    • Linked: Healing 6 (Extra: Restoration, Total; Flaw: Limited [health status from about 10 seconds ago], Personal only)
Chronal Accelerator (Device 1 [hard to lose]; Drawbacks: Power Loss 1 [limited battery]: 3pp)
Pulse Bomb (Device 2 [easy to lose]; Flaw: Unreliable [5 uses]; 4pp)

Devices

Chronal Accelerator (5 pp of effects)
  • Time Stabilizer (removes the Involuntary Transformation Drawback)
Pulse Bomb (10pp of effects)
  • Damage 8 (PF: Thrown 2, Tirggered 1 [timer]; Extra: Area [explosion, general]; Flaw: Action 1 [full round]; Drawbacks: Lethal, Full Power)
Equipment: Comlink, Flash Googles, Lined Jacket (Protection 2; Subtle)
Pulse Pistols (+4 ballistic damage; crit 20; 40'; Autofire 1, Full Power, Lethal Only)
HQ: Apartment (Diminutive [building size]; TOU: +10; Features: Chronal Accelerator, Fire-Prevention System, Living Space, Security System [alarm])
2ep in mission specific equipment

Combat: Attack +8 (+10 with Pulse Pistols; Grapple: +9); Defense +10 (+3 Flat-footed); Initiative +7

Saves: Toughness +4/+6 with armor (+1/+3 flat-footed), Fortitude +4, Reflex +6, Will +5/+9 lionheart

Drawbacks:
  • Involuntary Transformation (fading into the timestream [common, DC 20]; -4pp)
Totals: Abilities 28 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Feats 31 + Powers 19 + Combat 26 + Saves 8 - Drawbacks 4 = 120

Complications
  • Idealist (equal rights for the Omnics): Lena is absolutely convinced that Omnics deserve the same rights as humans.
  • Love (Emily): Lena is very much in love with her fiancee Emily.
  • Responsibility (legacy of heroes): Lena was Overwatch last recruit before the team was disbanded and kept fighting the good fight in spite of all opposition.
:arrow: Lena Oxton was Overwatch last recruit before the team went the way of the dodo. A test pilot by trade, Lena was first brought in to test the Slipstream, an experimental fighter jet with a teleportation device. Of course things went wrong and she disappeared along with the plane. Soon after she started appearing around Overwatch's HQ as a ghost. Winston was able to figure out the problem and built the chornal accelerator, a device to stabilize her body, giving her the ability to perform localized time-jumps.

:arrow: Soon after he official induction to the team, Null Sector attacked London and the British goverment denied Overwatch permission to intervene. Lena urged Jack Morrison to send a strike team nonetheless and got her way. Unfortunately this proved to be the team last major success. In the aftermath of the team demise, Lean never stopped and kept fighting for what she felt was right.

:arrow: In game terms Lena is a class A rogue/scrapper, she can unleash some pretty devastating +6 autofire attacks on unsuspecting targets, but her best use is to set up people to give the heavy hitter time to line up the shot. Of course her defense is pretty much based on staying in motion, if anyone gets the drop on her she is in for a lot of pain.

:arrow: Pulse Bomb ... oh hell ... at first I considered making it a piece of equipment, but it would be the only ultimate ability to be such ... so I went against my better judgement and rebuilt it as a Device with some extra complications (i.e. full round action to set-up and activate).

:arrow: Of course Tracer is the "face" of the franchise and this means that she got some automatic extra layer of annoyance, since she's very much overexposed. As far as I'm concerned I like her, because the developers took time to flesh out her personality a bit before dropping the L-bomb (which I think was Blizzard trolling all the slash fanfic authors ;) ), but I recognize that she's pretty annoying sometimes.
Last edited by Woodclaw on Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Woodclaw

#8 Overwatch - Mei

Post by Woodclaw »

Picture by Claparo-Sans

"Rise and shine, Snowball. We're on our way!"

Mei
Doctor Mei-Ling Zhou (周美灵)

Power Level: 7 (8 in the snow); Power Points: 115; Hero Points: 3

STR: +0 (10), DEX: +1 (12), CON: +2 (14), INT: +3 (16), WIS: +4 (18), CHA: +2 (14)

Skills: Interaction 4 (+6), Language 3 (Mandarin Chinese 3, English 3; nativa: chinese dialect 3), Profession (newscaster, CHA) 3 (+5), Profession (climatologist, INT) 5 (+8), Science 3 (+6/+10 earth science), Survival 5 (+7), Technology 3 (+6)

Feats: Attack Specialization 2 (Endothermic Blaster), Defensive Roll 1, Diehard, Dodge Focus 7, Endurance 1, Equipment 2, Fascinate, Favored Environment 2 (snow), Improved Aim 1, Improvised Tools, Inventor, Leadership, Lionheart 1, Luck 2, Salvage, Sidekick 16 (Snowball), Task Focus 1 (Earth science), Teamwork 1

Powers:
Artic Survivor (Super-movement 1 [sure-footed]: Flaw: Limited [ice and snow]; 1pp)
Rise and Shine (Luck Control 1 [spend HP for another]; Flaw: Limited 2 [Snowball only]; 1pp)
Endothermic Blaster (Device 5 [easy to lose]; 15pp)

Devices

Endothermic Blaster (25pp of Effects)
  • Ice Stream (Paralyze 6; PF: Altenate Power 3; Extra: Alternate Save [Reflex], Area [line, targeted])
    • AP: Icicle (Blast 6; PF: Improved Critical 2; Drawbacks: Full Power, Lethal)
    • AP: Ice Wall (Create Object 6; PF: Progression 2 [object size])
    • AP: Cryo-Freeze (Morph 1 [giant icicle]; PF: Metamorph; Flaw: Duration 1 [concentration])
Equipment: Laptop computer, Prescription glasses
Lined Parka (Protection 3 + Immunity 1 [cold, half-effect])

Combat: Attack +4 (+8 with Endothermic Blaster; Grapple: +4); Defense +8 (+1 Flat-footed); Initiative +1

Saves: Toughness +3/+6 with armor (+2/+5 Flat-footed), Fortitude +6/+10 Endurance, Reflex +3, Will +6/+10 Lionheart

Drawbacks:
  • Disability (nearsighted [common, minor]; -2pp)
Totals: Abilities 24 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Feats 45 + Powers 17 + Combat 10 + Saves 8 - Drawbacks 2 = 115

Complications
  • Motivation (optimist, perhaps a bit of survivor's guilt): Mei is an undying optimist, always willing to take some incredible risks because she believe it's the right thing to do.
  • Responsibility (saving the world): Mei really think it's worth fighting to save the world, not in the classic superhero way, but by fixing the screw-ups of humanity.
  • Responsibility (the Anomaly): Mei is one of the few people who studied the Anomaly in the Antartic up close and she is extremely worried about it.
  • Time displaced: Mei was cryogenically frozen for almost a decade and, in the meantime, Overwatch was shut down, the Anomaly grew and the world went down the drain. She's still coping with it.
:arrow: Doctor Mei-Ling Zhou was a late addendum to the Overwatch during the team golden age: a climatologist by trade, she was part of a team located at Ecobase Antartica to study a mysterious "Anomaly" that caused climate disrusption in the region. The team underwent cryogenic sleep during a particularly brutal storm (apparently a normal procedure at the Ecobase) to save resources, but the system malfunctioned and thing went south. 9 years later Mei was the only one who woke up, when a faint echo of Winston's recall signal reactivated the base systems.

:arrow: Stuck in a scenario straight out of "The Thing From Outer Space" and with her plucky robot assistant Snowball, Mei discovered her teammates dead, Overwatch dibanded and everything else in rapid succession and, yet, she persevered. With metric crapton of ingenuity, she assembled a "ice gun" to quickly repair the com tower and tried to contact the outer world. She heard Winston call and decided to answer it.

:arrow: Now I'd like all of you to take a moment to consider: Mei was stuck in the middle of the Antartic and was able to return to civilization on her own, while carring her robot boddy docking station on her back. I don't know about you, but that takes major guts, survival skills and a level of motivation that pretty much nobody I've ever known can match. For this reason I made her an environmental specialist: she knows how to fight in the snow.

:arrow: Mei's kit is pretty simple and it all depends from her gun. There's an argument about he fact that her blaster is linked to a backpack tank, which should make it hard to lose, but the hose looks blatant enough for me to wager otherwise.

:arrow: My biggest trick is the Cryo-Freeze. For the intent and purposes, when Mei use it she lock herself into a giant icicle and heal. losing every other ability. For this reason I opted for a Morph effect. In her alternate form Mei is an immovable object with regeneration, impervious toughness and so on.

:arrow: Of course, you can't have Mei without her robotic buddy. Snowball was a problem because it's the source of Mei's ultimate, something that M&M doesn't support very well (there was the Conduit Flaw from Mecha & Manga, whihc I might add later in a future revision). So what I came up with is a compromise of sort: while the attack itself is from snowball, it doesn't have any HP to counter the tiring flaw, so Mei must provide it, thanks to an ad-hoc power.

Snowball

Power Level: 8 (6 on defense); Power Points: 90 (Sidekick rank 18); Hero Points: 0

STR: -4 (2), DEX: +2 (14), CON: - (-), INT: +1 (12), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +2 (14)

Skills: Awareness 3 (+5), Science 2 (+3), Technology 5 (+6)

Feats: Dodge Focus 4, Improved Initiative 1

Powers:
Robot (Immunity 30 [Fortitude saves]; 30pp)
Casing (Protection 7; 7pp)
Hovering Jet (Flight 1 [10 mph]; PF: Subtle 1; 3pp)
Sensors (Super-senses 9 [Analitycal (all visual), Counter Obscure 1 (snowstorm, visual), Darkvision, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Time Sense]; 9pp)
Tiny (Shrinking 8 [tiny]; Flaw: Permanent; 8pp)
Blizzard (Paralyze 8; Extra: Alternate Save [Reflex], Area [burst, general]; Flaw: Tiring; 16pp)

Combat: Attack +2 (Can't Grapple); Defense +7 (+2 Flat-footed); Initiative +6

Saves: Toughness +5, Fortitude Immune, Reflex +5, Will +5

Drawbacks:
  • Disability (no hands [very common, moderate]; -4pp)
  • Disability (no starting HP;-1pp)
Totals: Abilities 4 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Feats 5 + Powers 73 + Combat 2 + Saves 6 - Drawbacks 5 = 90
Last edited by Woodclaw on Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thorpocalypse

Re: Warehouse W - Overwatch second wave: Mercy, Tracer, Mei

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Great stuff, Woodclaw. As I noted on Jab's thread, my son is all about Overwatch and as a matter of fact, since he's home from school today because of his stomach flu, he's playing right now since I just heard him shout "GET ON THE POINT!" :)

Ah, Mei. Reminds me that I need to tell Jab to get his greedy mitts off my WAIFU! He's commited to Cyclone anyway, he can't hog them all!
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum