New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Martin considered Dewhurst's words. Well, if it took a British Secret Service agency to track down the extra-dimensional fugitive, a simple custody court is unlikely to. Which leaves no disputation. "Please get me ze initial arrest file. I'll owe you."

That file would have Viktor's fingerprints. If the court can't recognize older Shelby as the same as younger Shelby then they can't differentiate Impasse from Caballero. An arrest record should call into doubt Viktor's competency as a guardian for Shelby. Any discrepancies could be explained by the power of the DeGallow clan.

In the corridor, Martin saw Robyn but smelled Dennis. Given the parties and emotions involved it wasn't hard to to guess that something happened with Denis's straightforward method of handling things and messed everything up. No master of subtlety himself, he could sympathize with the former freedom fighter's plight, but he didn't want to pick up these particular pieces. And he couldn't very well be a prefect and walk out of his girlfriend's forbidden room either. He made himself unobtrusive in the room, transmuting then spritzing an odor sterilizer like Febreeze so Otso couldn't scent him from the room.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gilliam

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 1
Condition: Normal

"You're bored? Why didn't you say so." Tamati replied surprised that his voice remained calm, all this was because Robyn was feeling bored and waned to do something.

Stealing a quick glance over to Shelby to see how she was reacting to all this Tamati then asked one thing that was always at the back of his mind.

"Do you know anything about travelling to other worlds?"
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear

Violet shrugged and sighed. "Right." Nonchalantly, she pointed at Mr Murphy and shot a stream of ice at his feet.
Freeze ray attack: 1d20+9 12 Heh. she deserved that
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex considered slapping Steven upside the head and tripping him, but as much as the little punk had it coming, this wasn't really his fault. And it'd be pretty petty considering Steven didn't stand a chance while Lex had his powers activated.

No matter how very tempting it was.

So he stepped to the side and continued chatting with Kirstie, "I remember something similar once, but she's not in the school anymore... Magic?"

He sighed as he continued to watch Steven try to hit him, "Look, maybe we should call somebody who can stop Steve without zapping the crap out of him? Like, uh... Martin? Or Ellen?"
OOC: Going for Total Defense this round. Can't take any other actions, but now Lex's defense is 25. He should be fine unless Steven pulls another 20 out of his butt.
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 4
Cnd: Protective

Otso squeezed Beatrice reassuringly. "I won't leave your side. Lets go to the headmaster, we'll get to the bottom of this."
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

Continued deterioration. Dennis made no response but kept walking. At this point, the best bet was to visit the Headmaster and throw himself on his sword. So to speak. At least he could make clear his side of the case, should it help any. ...He wouldn't have felt so much pressure if Robyn wasn't making comments about love potions and quite so willing to carry this out.

At least maybe the Headmaster would step in before she could do such a thing.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 5
“You wanna be pissed at me because your ‘mom and dad’ ain’t together here, because she’s dating me? Fine, that ain’t how it went down! Though you oughta try talking to us—all of us—to find out why. Keep up what you’re doing and I’ll give you a reason to be pissed at me!”

“Dumbass,” snapped J.R., “I ain’t pissed because you’re with my mom! I’m pissed because I’m not going to be born! I’m pissed because I’m never going to get to know them! My folks died when I was little! I never got a chance to know them—just what you told me about them! Even if I talk to them now, they’re not going to be the same people! They’re not going to be my parents!

“Hell, look at that little girl—your daughter? Her mom wants nothing to do with her. She keeps insisting that she’s not her mom, right? She’s someone completely different from the woman who gives birth to her? Well, what’s to stop them from saying the same thing? From deciding they’re not really my parents? I came here with a group, Jack. Tara and Bart went to the States to look for Tara’s parents. I have no idea where they are or how to contact them. For all we know, they’re dead—kids Tina and Bianca and I grew up with and they’re just out there somewhere. I came here—we came here—because my parents were here and if you’re with my mom and she’s a different person, then what the hell was this all for? What if I just ruined my friends’ lives over this? Chasing two people who will never be? Who will never have any emotional connection to me? Who will never be able to tell me about how dad proposed, or what their wedding was like, or how they reacted when they found out they were having me, or what they were going to name me if I had been a girl, or…? My entire identity is gone, Jack! I tried—I really tried to be happy that someone I look up to was making my mom happy—but I just… I can’t get past feeling sorry for myself, and I hate that. I do. I know I’m being selfish, but… I grew up in a nightmare, just like you did. I thought this was going to be the light at the end of the tunnel, but it’s not. It’s just a big freaking joke.”
"Well excuse the hell outta me. Last time we talked you were all about "how I am with women" and it tore you up to see me with Ellen, so what else was I supposed to think?"

"As for your problem, well it sounds like you know that life rarely gives you what you want and I'm honestly sorry you've had to learn that. But you've got a chance to know your parents some, granted they're not exactly them but you it's as close as you're ever gonna get."
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, MAIN QUAD (Dennis, Lex, Otso; NPCs: Beatrice, Kirstie, Steven)
As Otso and Beatrice left the dorms, Dennis moved ahead of them. They stepped out… only to see Kirstie watching as the younger Murphy brother futilely swung at the older.

“Look, maybe we should call somebody who can stop Steve without zapping the crap out of him?” Lex said. “Like, uh… Martin? Or Ellen?”

Kirstie produced her phone and looked at the screen. “How’s about Violet?” she asked, reading a text from her. Rather than compose a text, she opted to call her countryman instead.
Steven - Attack: 1d20+1 17 Carry on. Nothing to see here.
NVAE, BOYS’ DORM (Jack; NPCs: J.R.)
J.R. rolled his eyes. “You were a dick to women in my world,” he said. “You also didn’t deal with the Armada. You weren’t unkillable either. Point being, you’re clearly a much different person, so…” He sighed as he dropped down to the floor next to his bed. “I’m never going to be born here,” he said. “I’m not going to get to grow up with my folks… I’m not going to get a happy childhood. In my head, I’d save them, you know? Stick by them, and before they bite it, I save them. They grow old. They give me siblings. Dad gives me The Talk. Mom teaches me to drive.

“That doesn’t happen here though…”

NVAE, GIRLS’ DORM (Martin; NPCs: Tatjana)
“Please get me ze initial arrest file. I’ll owe you.”

“You’ll owe me nothing,” Dewhurst said. “I’ll get a package to you as soon as I can, and I’ll still be in your debt.”

As Martin hung up the phone, Tatjana closed the door. “There was a fight,” she said. “It looks as though Beatrice and the new girl got into it. Otso showed up. They all left.”

NVAE, CAFETERIA (Tamati; NPCs: Robyn, Shelby)
“Do you know anything about traveling to other worlds?”

Robyn studied the Kiwi for a moment before answering. “Why? Sick of her and lookin’ for your ticket home?”

A look of panic flashed on Shelby’s face and she turned to her boyfriend as if she were checking his reaction. She quickly composed herself. “Do you?” she asked.

Robyn made a face. “Not really. I know a lot about a lot of things, but… I’ve never been off this world.”

NVAE, MAIN OFFICE (Violet; NPCs: Dwight Kowalski, Lillian Murphy, Roger Murphy, Isaac Newton)
Roger rounded on Violet with a fury in his eyes. “You’re trying to keep her from me too, aren’t you?” He pulled back his arm and moved to strike the sophomore with the back of his hand. All the battles she had fought last year made her stronger—more deft—and let her effortlessly dodge the wild blow.

“Mister Murphy!” Newton railed. “What is the meaning of this?”

Behind him, Roger’s wife was banging on the door. “Isaac, sweetie! Open the door! Let me out!”

Violet’s cell phone began to ring just then, with an incoming call from Kirstie.
You know what will motivate Violet? Roger - Attack: 1d20+8 10 Roger missing her.
Love Potion Victims
  • Roger Murphy > Stephanie Yavorshak
  • Lilian Murphy > Isaac Newton
  • Steven Murphy > Kirstie Arnett
  • Royce Brown > Patrick Brown
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear

"Hey! Watch it, ya duffer!" Violet jumped back away from Lex's dad and fired her freeze ray right into his chest. With her other hand, she answered Kirstie's call. "Hang on a sec. Lex's parents have gone barmy."
Freeze ray attack: 1d20+9 25 DC17 reflex save vs snare
Last edited by Shock on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex dances back, hands stuffed in the pockets of his jacket.

"Violet?" He dodged another punch twirling past Steve to get behind him, "I guess. I mean, well, I donno."

"Do you think hypothermia would be an issue?"
He asks.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Michuru wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:18 pm NVAE, GIRLS’ DORM (Martin; NPCs: Tatjana)
“Please get me ze initial arrest file. I’ll owe you.”

“You’ll owe me nothing,” Dewhurst said. “I’ll get a package to you as soon as I can, and I’ll still be in your debt.”

As Martin hung up the phone, Tatjana closed the door. “There was a fight,” she said. “It looks as though Beatrice and the new girl got into it. Otso showed up. They all left.”
"Zank you. And if I can be of any assistance to you in ze future..." Martin made sure to emphasize the 'you' to differentiate it from the organization the man worked for. He respected the competence the man had shown both while undercover at the school and in Asia. Of course, if MI-18 called him for something he'd still consider it should it be in-line with public safety.

"Oh, just so you are aware, I am looking into ze possibility zat Chuck Faust and 'is group are still operating in and around Vienna, targeting ze school. I'll update you on ze investigation's findings so zat your records on ze man and 'is organization can be complete." Martin assures the Agent.

When his business with the man is concluded he'll turn to regard Tatjana with a nod of gratitude. "Zank you, Love. Ze new girl's name is Robyn. She's assisting on zat matter zat came up wiz ze Archmagus and, I zink, dating Dennis. Zat was not 'er in ze 'all, 'owever. It was Dennis under an illusion. I zink 'e may 'ave prematurely confronted Beatrice. Dennis and ze Archmagus and I believe zat Beatrice learned magic from zat group of mages zat attacked ze school last year. We are concerned zat zey are using 'er as an instrument to get footing in zis school. Beatrice is not our enemy, zat group of mages is." Martin says to his girlfriend. "Any suggestions on 'ow we approach zis?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
Cnd: Confused

Otso slowed his pace just a little as the bizarre scene unfolded before them. Well, Lex's brother doing something stupid was par for the course but still. "What's going on?" As he called out, Otso continued his progress towards the headmaster's office. This didn't seem serious so it was more a curiosity then something to actually sidetrack him.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy

"Eh, usual. Somebody put a whammy on Steven, and now he thinks he loves Kirstie so obviously I need to die," Lex shrugs, "And before you ask, no. I have no idea who or how."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
Cnd: Confused

Otso looked from Lex casually dodging his brother's wild swings to Kirstie who was on the phone. They didn't seem to think their problem to be urgent. "Uh... okay? We're going to see the headmaster, you want me to pass along the word or something?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex makes a face, "Yeah, probably. I mean, he started off obsessed, then irrational, now he's trying to kill me because I'm, and I quote, taking Kirstie away from him."

"Honestly this is kind of funny, 'cause Steven ain't much of a threat, but if this nonsense is happening to somebody like Jack or Martin we're going to be in deep $#~+, ya kjnow?"