Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Bastion! Soldier: 76! Tracer! Orisa! Lucio! ZARYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

and 512 kg....that puts her as stronger than real life strongmen like Eddie Hall.

Not THAT much more considering she's a fictional character, but still....for a lady (boo hiss) and the fact she has.....a very....nice....rrrrow....body compared to the squat trucks guys like Hall and Zydrunas...that's still impressive.

btw Jab, have you ever heard of Kortney Olson? you might just like her
Jabroniville

Re: Zarya

Post by Jabroniville »

Gamebook wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:50 pm Wow, that's almost as many pictures as I put in some of my posts. I really do like the lack of a limit on pics per post on this forum compared to the RA one
God yes. That rule was terrible. The Edit function on that board sucks, too. Never mind the Front Page Bug.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:46 pm
Gamebook wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:50 pm Wow, that's almost as many pictures as I put in some of my posts. I really do like the lack of a limit on pics per post on this forum compared to the RA one
God yes. That rule was terrible. The Edit function on that board sucks, too. Never mind the Front Page Bug.
And the moderator at RA sucks.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Ken wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:16 amAnd the moderator at RA sucks.
Hey now. No need to suck-shame Filch. ;)
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Bastion! Soldier: 76! Tracer! Orisa! Lucio! ZARYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!)

Post by Jabroniville »

HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:42 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXcuLsAzTRo

Excelsior, true believer!
If that's the video I think it is, then my eventual response will have to be edited by Ares :).
Jabroniville

Symmetra

Post by Jabroniville »

Symmetra's Dragon Form = HOLY SHIT.

SYMMETRA (Satya Vaswani)
Role:
Odd Girl, Object Creator
Fetish Targets: Indian Girl, Roman Nose, Dark-ish Skin
Group Affiliations: The Vishkar Corporation
PL 9 (126)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 9 (+10)
Expertise (Dancing) 8 (+8)
Expertise (Special Agent) 2 (+6)
Expertise (Architect) 8 (+12)
Investigation 3 (+3)
Perception 7 (+7)
Technology 6 (+10)
Vehicles 1 (+5)

Advantages: 
Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Photon Projector" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [38]
"Continuous Beam" Blast 9 (Extras: Perception-Ranged) (Flaws: Ranks 6-8 Limited to Prolonged Contact) (23) -- (25)
  • AE: "Energy Ball" Blast 8 (16)
  • AE: "Teleporter" Teleport 7 (Feats: Triggered- Touching Teleport Pad) (Extras: Easy, Accurate) (Flaws: Medium- Another Teleporter Pad, Unreliable- 5 Uses) (15)
"Photon Barrier" Create 6 (Feats: Movable) (13)
"Sentry Turrets" Summon 1 (Extras: 6 Minions +6) (8)
"Shield Generator" Force Field 4 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2, Selective, Ranged) (Flaws: Unreliable- 5/day) (16)
-- (62 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Energy Ball +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Continuous Beam -- (+5-9 Perception-Ranged Damage, DC 20-24)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Power Loss (Ammo)- All ammunition has the potential to run out, and must be recharged.
Power Loss (Photon Barrier)- The Photon Barrier disintegrates as soon as it touches any obstacles.
Vulnerable (Gear)- The Shield Generator and Teleport Pads are actual gear that are left behind on objects- they are easily found and destroyed.
Motivation (Creating the Perfect Reality)
Disabled (Autism)- Symmetra is a functioning adult, but has signs of the autism disorder- she has trouble with social interactions, suffers from sensory overload, and prefers a more structured, harmonious environment.
Responsibility (The Vishkar Corporation)- Symmetra owes her life and livelihood to the Corporation, and does their bidding. However, she is horrified by some of their actions, such as destroying a rival company's building, sending burning debris falling into a favela that she'd been promising would benefit from the Corporation's influence.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 38 / Defenses: 18 (126)

-Symmetra seems to be the most curious, odd character in the Overwatch cast- someone with strange, hard to understand motivations, leading to fans not quite "getting" her. It turns out that Symmetra is somewhere on the autism spectrum (it was implied, then later confirmed by a producer), and uses her "hard light" powers to bend reality and artificially create the "perfect society". Her design, while comely in its own way, also speaks the least to people- most people who find her "type" (tall, fit, strong nose, dark skin, long hair) attractive are probably more attracted to the more glamorous and flashy Pharah. The goggles and bright blue dress aren't as showy as Power Armor or any of the other stuff, either. The character was based off of the "Architect" class for the cancelled Project Titan, and was meant to be constructing senties & junk. 

-Symmetra hails from India, which created new cities out of hard light technology following the Omnic Crisis destroying much of the inhabitable space. A poor child, she was plucked from obscurity because somebody saw the gifts in her, and she was trained to be a "light-bending architect". While she was incredibly gifted (building structures in a manner of a native dance to India, rather than the clinical methods of her fellow architects), she was also sent off missions of questionable morality by her bosses at The Vishkar Corporation- she now defends their interests in battle, even though her boss has killed hundreds out of pure selfishness.

-Symmetra has several very strange abilities piled together, making her a complicated sort. Her main Blast is actually Perception-Ranged (it automatically targets an enemy you can see, and stops working once they hide behind something), but continually does damage until you stop, building damage over time- if it's been activated for a while, it is one of the top weapons in the game in terms of damage. Her other ability drops "Sentries" all over- they target nearby foes, alerting you to their presence (making them good for avoiding sneak attacks)- it's a really low-level Summon, producing ultra-fragile 'bots that are one-shottable, but dangerous if left to pile up in choke points or in hidden or hard-to-reach locations.

-Her "Ultimates" are also strange- one is an Area Force Field thing that can protect her allies, while the second is a Teleporter that allows teammates to travel from the "Spawning Room" (ie. where you end up if you die and have to return to the mission) to wherever she dropped the "Teleportation Pad". This obviously makes zero sense in M&M terms, so it has to be a "Triggered Teleport".

-Though all of this combines for some fairly effective abilities (she also does more damage than most Support characters), she completely lacks the ability to heal others, meaning she's weak at a very, VERY big aspect of being "Support". Ideally, she guards her allies with Sentries, protects them from the front with Barriers (that can move along with the group), and either uses Force Fields or "Arrive at the battle more quickly" stuff with her Teleport Pads. Symmetra's complicated battle strategy leads to her being the LEAST-played character in Overwatch, at least as of late 2016. Buffs to every one of her stats led to an odd situation where she was dominant against rookies because of her complexity, but a "Never Take" in competitive, high-level play, because her niches were so specific and easy to work around.

Comic Book-izing Symmetra: Comics would probably handle this a LOT better and more efficiently than all this weird junk. Symmetra would basically be Green Lantern Lite- more Create and Flight; less goofy crap like Limited Teleport or Continuous Beams. GLs are basically like this, but better in every way. She'd probably have a better Force Field, making her Defenses less trash.

SENTRIES
Role:
Summoned 'Bots
PL 6 (8)
STRENGTH
-- STAMINA -- AGILITY -4
FIGHTING 0 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -- AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE --

Skills:
Perception 10 (+8)

Advantages: 
Improved Initiative 2

Equipment:
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 1 [1]
"Automatic Firing" Blast 6 (Feats: Accurate 3) (Extras: Multiattack) [21]
Senses 1 (Communication Link- Pharah) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Firing +6 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge -4 (DC 11), Parry -- (DC 10), Toughness +1, Fortitude --, Will --

Total: Abilities: -52 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 53 / Defenses: 0 (8)
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:48 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:42 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXcuLsAzTRo

If that's the video I think it is, then my eventual response will have to be edited by Ares :).
Now Ares may be many things.....intelligent, friendly, LOOOOOOOONG winded, and a follower of the martial arts..........but I seriously doubt he'd ever get upset about someone's cries of lust over a gorgeous amazon crushing watermelons with her thighs.

Though if you want to test that, far be it from me to stop you ;)
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

and saaaaaay...Symmetraaaaaaaa.....I see no smilie with hearts for eyes...and thankfully not one for....well....Ares would edit my post if I said it
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

It's been a weird night.
I went out to shovel the walk and I just keep hearing this loud weird groaning noise that-
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:02 pm ZARYA (Aleksandra Zaryanova)

Oh.
Nevermind.

*checks*
Foolish me, I thought Jab might have forgotten to add the Mrs. Jabroniville tag ;~)
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Funny how a lot of the pictures just portray Symmetra with standard comic-book hottie looks, making her look like a white model painted darker, while in game her ethnicity is pretty marked.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

danelsan wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:34 am Funny how a lot of the pictures just portray Symmetra with standard comic-book hottie looks, making her look like a white model painted darker, while in game her ethnicity is pretty marked.
I speak from experience when I say that the "Indian Nose" is REALLY hard to get right. I mean, I LOVE that look (the biggest crush I ever had was on a girl in High School with that nose), but you do it even a tiny bit wrong and the lady looks like Sarah Jessica Parker. Even the good artists avoid it a lot of the time.

And then we get into the "SameFace" thing- even some of the best artists you'll find online tend to default to "The one beautiful woman" face every single time.
Jabroniville

Winston

Post by Jabroniville »

WINSTON (aka Specimen 28)
Role:
Talking Ape, Inventor
Fetish Targets: Anthropomorpic, Nerd
Group Affiliations: Overwatch
PL 9 (162), PL 10 (162) Raging
STRENGTH
6/8 STAMINA 6/8 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+10, +12 Primal Rage)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+11)
Expertise (Culture) 4 (+11)
Insight 2 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+6, +10 Raging)
Perception 4 (+8)
Persuasion 5 (+8)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 8 (+15)
Vehicles 6 (+6)

Advantages:
Diehard, Equipment 2 (Science Stuff), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Inventor, Ranged Attack 6, Set-Up, Teamwork, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision) [3]
"Ape Strength & Long Arms" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Reach) [2]
Protection 1 [1]

"Carriable Gear" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [20]
"Tesla Cannon" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (16)
"Barrier Projector" Create 8 (16)
-- (32 points)

"Jump Pack" (Flaws: Removable) [8]
Protection 1 (1)
Damage 5 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Grounded Foes) Linked to Leaping 4 (120 feet) (9)
-- (10 points)

"Primal Rage- Ultimate" (All Have Flaws: Fades)
Enhanced Strength 2 [2]
Enhanced Stamina 2 [2]
Reduced Awareness 2 [-2]
Enhanced Advantages 4: Power Attack, Startle, Takedown 2 [2]
Enhanced Skills 4: Intimidation 4 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Raging +10 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Jump Pack Drop +5 Area (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Tesla Cannon +8 Area (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +7 (+8 Armor, +10 Raging), Fortitude +6 (+8 Raging), Will +8

Complications:
Power Loss (Ammo)- All ammunition has the potential to run out, and must be recharged.
Responsibility (Human Potential)- Winston champions the potential of humanity. He is an obsessive reader (especially of stories).
Responsibility (Perfectionist)- Winston tends to overthink things, ramble and work too hard.
Involuntary Transformation (Temper)- Winston becomes an uncontrollable, raging beast when angered.
Power Loss (Barrier Projector)- Winston cannot use the Projector while "Primal Rage" is active.
Enemy (Doomfist)- Winston defeated the proud Doomfist in melee combat many years ago. The Talon leader still holds a grudge.
Enemy (Reaper)- Reaper appears to have always hated the talking gorilla, even going back to their Overwatch days.

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 38 / Defenses: 12 (162)

-Probably the most "Comic Book-y" character in Overwatch is Winston, the intelligent gorilla- kind of reflecting DC's obsession with apes. Winston is a genetically-engineered creature who grew into a brilliant scientist, and a champion for the potential of humanity. He was named for the scientist who adopted him, on the Lunar colony "Horizon"- the man gifted Winston with curiosity and knowledge, but he and the other humans were killed in a gorilla uprising- Winston escaped to Earth and joined Overwatch, believing in their intended goal to guard the world.

-Winston became a beloved member of the team, and even built the Chronal Accelerator that rescued Tracer from limbo (he is a dear friend of both Tracer and her girlfriend, Emily). He is the one who has led the modern resurgence of the team as well- recalling all of their agents following an infiltration by Talon, a terrorist organization. If Overwatch has a heart and a leader any longer, it is Winston.

-Winston is a highly-mobile Tank, crossing great distances while tanking tons of damage. With the proper "Buffs", Winston can attain the highest HP level in the game- 1650- this requires Symmetra's Shield, Torbjörn's Armor, and Lúcio's Sound Barrier. His Tesla Cannon allows him to hit everyone in front of him- a static amount of damage (he doesn't hit as hard as other Tanks), but one that doesn't require careful aiming- he's thus very good for beginners. Otherwise, he uses a Barrier Projector to guard his allies (it's a large "Create" that functions as good cover for enemy and ally alike), and a Jump Pack to control the movement of the battlefield.

-Winston's "Primal Rage" functions almost like the Barbarian's "Rage" ability in Dungeons & Dragons- he turns into a savage beast, pummelling all of his enemies one after the other, knocking them all around- the damage is neglible in the game, meant to knock them away from objectives and the like, but in M&M terms, it makes him a PL 9 brawler- a very rare attribute for an FPS Character. As an "Ultimate", I figure it Fades. Winston is all in all a good Tank, but can't be left on his own, and is considered not ideal for beginners.

Comic Book-izing Winston: Winston is probably the closest to how he'd be in a real comic, though his "Primal Rage" would probably be more akin to Wolverine's Berserker Rage than the Hulk's growing anger. But seriously- Super-Smart Gorilla With Weapons? That's basically DC Comics, right there.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Arkrite wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:17 am It's been a weird night.
I went out to shovel the walk and I just keep hearing this loud weird groaning noise that-
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:02 pm ZARYA (Aleksandra Zaryanova)

Oh.
Nevermind.

*checks*
Foolish me, I thought Jab might have forgotten to add the Mrs. Jabroniville tag ;~)
And yet nobody's commented on the Complications :).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Okay, I'm not sure if it's the same woman I saw before, but that clip where she screams from the effort, just as the "sploosh" of the watermelon comes flying up from the bottom of the screeen? ... They planned that.

Those magnificent, beautiful bastards PLANNED THAT.

Hm, I was planning on some Black Panther builds at the end of this month in order to hype up the movie, but now I wonder if I should wait till later, so that I can get a sense for what the movie did with the characters (especially T'Challa and Killmonger). What do you all thing?