Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
L-Space

Re: Jab's Builds! (Oberon! Taserface! Widowmaker! Bastion! Soldier: 76!)

Post by L-Space »

danelsan wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:46 pm As far as artwork and memes go, at least for a while there was a quite a bit of stuff portraying Soldier 76 in the "dad" role, often with Mercy as "mom" and younger team members, most often the dorito-gremlin version of D.Va but sometimes also others, get the "kid" role.

Sample:

Haha, nice.
I also love how Blizzard embraced this and gave Soldier 76 the dadliest skin ever:

Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Tracer

Post by Jabroniville »

"Cheers, love! The cavalry's here!"

TRACER (Lena Oxton)
Role:
Game Mascot, The Cute Girl, Fragile Speedster
Fetish Targets: Wide-Eyed Idealist, Leggy Dame, Lesbian, Basically Naked Below the Waist
Group Affiliations: Overwatch
PL 9 (144)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 7
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 11 (+12)
Expertise (Overwatch Agent) 4 (+6)
Insight 3 (+6)
Investigation 3 (+6)
Perception 5 (+8)
Persuasion 4 (+8)
Ranged Combat (Guns) 2 (+11)
Stealth 1 (+8)
Technology 3 (+5)
Vehicles 10 (+13)

Advantages:
Benefit (Ambidexterity), Equipment 4 (Pulse Pistols, Pulse Bomb), Improved Initiative, Luck, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 5, Teamwork

Powers:
"Blink"
Teleport 3 (Feats: Change Direction) [7]
Enhanced Advantages 7: Defensive Attack, Evasion 2, Improved Initiative 2, Move-By Action, Uncanny Dodge [7]
Enhanced Defenses 2 [4]

"Recall" Healing 10 (Extras: Restorative) (Flaws: Limited to Self, Limited to Health She Had Last Round) & Teleport 1 (Flaws: Limited to Position From Last Round) [11]

Equipment:
"Pulse Pistols" Blast 5 (Extras: Multiattack) (Diminished Range -1) (14)
"Pulse Bomb" Blast 9 (Feats: Triggered- Time) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Unreliable- 5/day) (Diminished Range -1) (18)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Pulse Pistols +11 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Pulse Bomb +9 Area (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (+16 Blink, DC 24-26), Parry +10 (+12 Blink, DC 20-22), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +8

Complications:
Power Loss (Ammo)- Tracer will eventually run out of ammunition, and need to reload. Her Blink cannot be used continuously, either.
Disabled (Time-Tossed)- Without her "Chronal Accelerator", Tracer is prone to disappearing into the timestream, becoming insubstantial as well.
Responsibility (Overwatch)- Tracer is one of Overwatch's most ardent defenders- she is an idealist who wants to help save the world.
Enemy (Widowmaker)- Widowmaker assassinated Tekhartha Mondatta, an Omnic philosopher that Lena greatly admired, while Lena was helpless to stop it.
Relationship (Emily)- They are the world's most adorable lesbian couple.
Relationship (Winston)- Winston is close to both Lena & Emily, having saved Lena's life years ago.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 29 / Defenses: 16 (144)

-Tracer was clearly meant to be the "Mascot" and most popular character of Overwatch- she was heavily featured in the first video releases, she's on the cover of the game's box, and she was one of the first characters created (based off of the "Jumper" class from unreleased game Project Titan). Given a very cute, anime-style design (VERY huge eyes, spiky hair, bomber-jacket), she was meant to be fun and spunky, but was also given the most ludicrously tight pants in the history of humanity- basically an exceptionally-tight, pert buttocks spraypainted yellow/orange. Her early "Victory Pose", consisting of "Hey, look at my ass!" with her butt jutting out, drew some negative reactions, and Blizzard changed it to DIFFERENT negative reactions, ending up with "Hey, look at my ass, in this slightly different, goofy-girl pose!" with one knee in the air.

-Tracer's Origin Story is that she was meant to be an Overwatch pilot, but her teleportation matrix malfunctioned, trapping her in the timestream- she kept "blinking" in and out of time, rescued only when the ape inventor Winston intervened, giving her a chest-thingie to maintain a presence in the current time. Thankfully, she doesn't need to wear it 24/7, which means that all of that nude fanart is canon.

-Tracer was letter announced as a lesbian, shocking fans who were desperate for the "PharMercy" relationship to become canon- she has a cute redheaded girlfriend named Emily. As she's arguably the "Main Character" of Overwatch, this makes her probably the biggest name LGBT-something character in gaming. Her "London Cockney" accent is considered pretty unconvincing by actual Brits, who find her "professional-quality" elocution (voiced by Ivy from Downton Abbey!) at odds with the casual, "working class" nature of Cockney- it comes off like an upper-class woman affecting the accent.

-Tracer specializes in speed & "single-target" damage, shooting about the map with Teleportation capabilities and blasting foes at close range with twin pistols, or unloading her "Ultimate" Pulse Bomb, then using the "Recall" to teleport back to her prior position. Her twin powers are "Blink" and "Recall"- Blink allows her to Teleport short distances, thus making her one of the game's fastest characters; Recall will establish her at a prior position- both her placement on the map, and her prior health and status- this allows for short-term Healing & Debuff-clearing.

-Tracer is thus very mobile, and one of the hardest characters to hit, but she is considered the most fragile character in the game- anyone who can deal out good damage can eliminate her in moments. The trick with her is to constantly use her Movement-Based Powers to get her out of harm's way, dealing specific close damage to the right targets- her Pulse Bomb is quite powerful, and can wipe out entire groups.

Comic Book-izing Tracer: She'd be a weird one, because she'd probably be way more of a "Comic Book Speedster" than a Teleporter, but if they went the 'porting way, she'd be more of a martial artist anyways. She'd probably fight a lot like Nightcrawler or somebody. The "Time Travel" thing might be a unique wrinkle, though I've not seen that in comics before.
Spectrum

Re: Jab's Builds! (Taserface! Widowmaker! Bastion! Soldier: 76! Tracer!)

Post by Spectrum »

I've been trying to play around with how to build Tracer for a while.

On one hand, I was thinking of the Blink ability as using Luck with a description of moving back in time to before a roll was made.

Also, I tried applying with a Tracer character. I was firmly rudely smacked by multiple people for trying to break the action economy. I guess that while having extraordinary effort and immunity to fatigue is not against the rules, that its against the spirit?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Woodclaw

Re: Jab's Builds! (Oberon! Taserface! Widowmaker! Bastion! Soldier: 76!)

Post by Woodclaw »

L-Space wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:50 pm Haha, nice.
I also love how Blizzard embraced this and gave Soldier 76 the dadliest skin ever:

I think that Bliz has embraced a lot of these memes over time and tried to work a crapton of them into their games.
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:16 pm Comic Book-izing Tracer: She'd be a weird one, because she'd probably be way more of a "Comic Book Speedster" than a Teleporter, but if they went the 'porting way, she'd be more of a martial artist anyways. She'd probably fight a lot like Nightcrawler or somebody. The "Time Travel" thing might be a unique wrinkle, though I've not seen that in comics before.
This might just me, but Tracer origin story and personality make her ... kind of the love-child of Hal Jordan and Barry Allen. She was a test pilot who got her powers from an accident (like Hal); become superfast (like Barry) has a pretty infinite supply of hope and courage (a mixture of both). Still, as far as power goes, Nightcrawler is not bad reference. Comic book speedsters rarely, if ever, use weapons -- blatantly ignoring the fact that hitting something at 300 km/h won't do any good to you squishy bits -- so old Kurt Wagner is probably one of the few references.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Shock

Post by Shock »

Spectrum wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:44 pm I've been trying to play around with how to build Tracer for a while.

On one hand, I was thinking of the Blink ability as using Luck with a description of moving back in time to before a roll was made.

Also, I tried applying with a Tracer character. I was firmly rudely smacked by multiple people for trying to break the action economy. I guess that while having extraordinary effort and immunity to fatigue is not against the rules, that its against the spirit?
I think by the letter of the rules, Immunity to fatigue would not save you from the cost of extraordinary effort because Immunity only makes you auto-succeed on a save and there's no save allowed for fatigue from extra or extraordinary effort.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Shock wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:07 pm
Spectrum wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:44 pm I've been trying to play around with how to build Tracer for a while.

I think by the letter of the rules, Immunity to fatigue would not save you from the cost of extraordinary effort because Immunity only makes you auto-succeed on a save and there's no save allowed for fatigue from extra or extraordinary effort.
I don't have the rules handy, but I think Shock is right.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

et tu Shock-e?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Ken

Post by Ken »

So, since Overwatch is a first person shooter, can one, when using Tracer, adjust the view so that her golden buttocks are always on screen? 'Cause that would give people even more to complain about.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Orisa

Post by Jabroniville »

EFI OLADELE
Role:
Child Scientist
Fetish Targets: NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE
Group Affiliations: Overwatch
PL 0 (30), PL 3 (30) Defenses
STRENGTH
-1 STAMINA 0 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 0 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Insight 2 (+4)
Perception 2 (+4)
Technology 8 (+15)

Advantages: 
Inventor

Offense:
Unarmed +0 (-1 Damage, DC 14)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +0 (DC 10), Parry +0 (DC 10), Toughness +0, Fortitude +0, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Helping Others)- After watching Doomfist attack her home country, Efi decided that a guardian was needed.

Total: Abilities: 20 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 3 (30)

ORISA
Role:
Guardian Robot, Crowd Control, Tank
Fetish Targets: Nothing (I Hope)
Group Affiliations: Numbani
PL 9 (154), PL 11 (154) Supercharger
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+8)
Expertise (Military) 6 (+7)
Insight 3 (+3)
Perception 5 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Guns) 4 (+10)
Stealth 3 (+4)
Technology 5 (+6)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Guns), Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 7 [7]

"Fortify"
Protection 2 (Flaws: Limited to Every Other Round) [1]
Immunity 5 (Movement-Affecting Powers) (Flaws: Limited to Every Other Round) [3]

"Fusion Driver" Blast 8 (Extras: Multiattack) (Diminished Range -1) (23) -- [24]
  • AE: "Halt!- Graviton Ball" Move Object 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Towards Ball) (14)
"Protective Barrier" Create 8 (Extras: Ranged) [16]
"Supercharger" Variable 2 (Extras: Affects Others, Area- 60ft. Burst +2, Selective) (Flaws: Limited to Damaging Attacks, Source- Mechanical Drum, Unreliable- 5/day) [16]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Fusion Driver +10 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Halt! +7 Area (+7 Move Object, DC 17)
Supercharger +10 (+11 Ranged Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +7 (+9 Fortify), Fortitude --, Will +6

Complications:
Prejudice (Omnic)- Omnics are hated and mistrusted over much of the world, after the Omnica Corporation's robots attempted a global takeover. Many countries give them no rights at all.
Weakness (Best Counters)- Reaper can take down most Tanks. Pharah & Junkrat can also easily take advantage of her lack of mobility.
Motivation (Guardian)- Orisa is meant to defend others.
Responsibility (Rookie)- Orisa is only one month old, and is naive to the ways of the world.
Disabled (Slow)- Orisa moves at only half-speed while shooting the Fusion Driver.
Power Loss (Ammo)- Orisa may run out of ammunition, and require a recharge (it takes 2.5 seconds to recharge the Fusion Driver). The "Fortify" Power also needs to be reloaded occasionally.

Total: Abilities: 22 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 97 / Defenses: 13 (154)

-Orisa was built by child genius Efi Oladele from the pieces of various OR15 "Defense Robots" in the wake of Doomfist's attack on the Numbani Airport. The most-recent addition to the Overwatch cast, it seems to take the rare choice of making a DE-sexualized female character (given that Efi is a child), while giving us the unusual "Boy & His Blob" effect of having the attacker be the guardian of the helpless younger individual. The name of the robot appears taken from "Orisha"- the guardian spirits of the Yoruba religion, which Efi seems to uphold.

-Orisa is a pretty cool robot design, though- making a "Spider Tank" look somewhat adorable and friendly, but also powerful. All the rounded edges and the big eyes, I think.

-Orisa is an "Anchor Tank", which is like a thing that absorbs damage and defend areas, I guess. The Fusion Driver is a good-powered Automatic Gun, but the "Halt!" attack is good "Area Control", which can be lethal in a game that's all about shooting- it allows Orisa to "pull" enemies into a select area, which can involve drawing them out of cover, or putting them into environmental hazards. The Protective Barrier also controls the area, as it can prevent enemies from breaching a point without causing damage to the Barrier. Her "Ultimate", the Supercharger, boosts the Damage of all her allies' attacks- one of those odd "Buffs" that M&M doesn't typically do, and breaks PL rules. I was gonna go with a weird "Boost Ranged Attacks" until I realized that it boosted ALL damage, and is thus a generic, Limited "Variable" with some Extras. Since it exists outside of her regular array, it adds to the cost of Orisa.

-Ideally, Orisa will deploy the Supercharger following the Protective Barrier, as the Supercharger is only released from a metallic "drum" placed in front of her- it is easily damaged otherwise. Every ally in close proximity is buffed so long as the "drum" isn't destroyed. Orisa a skilled tactical agent, but is very easily-hit, and suffers against enemies that can avoid her Barrier's cover.

Comic Book-izing Orisa: Probably a higher base Toughness. The Graviton Ball would be more of a damaging thing, because Move Object Towards Center isn't really a thing in comics like it would be in an FPS game.The Supercharger would almost certainly not be a thing on anything but Orisa herself, being a temporary power-boost with limited charges. The "Protective Barrier" would just be a Force Field.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ah, Overwatch. I don't hate first person shooters, I just really suck at them. But my offspring is quite skilled and actually, I just dropped his best buddy off after they went to dinner and as he was getting out of the car, he confirmed their "date" for Overwatch on Xbox and I can hear my son hootin' and hollerin' at his team right now. He's really excited about the new season, which means another season of:

My wife: Make him go to bed.
Me: Go to bed.
Son: Just one more match, dad.
Me: Go to bed.
Son: Please....
Me (remembering my halcyon youth on Atari): OK.
My wife: *sigh*

8-)
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Lucio

Post by Jabroniville »

LUCIO (Lúcio Correia dos Santos)
Role:
Speedster, Dee Jay Look-Alike, Freedom Fighter
Fetish Targets: Black-Ish Guy, Musician
Group Affiliations: None
PL 9 (153)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Athletics 11 (+13)
Expertise (Music) 8 (+13)
Experatise (Freedom Fighter) 4 (+6)
Insight 2 (+5)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 4 (+9)
Ranged Combat (Guns) 2 (+11)
Stealth 2 (+7)
Technology 3 (+5)
Vehicles 4 (+8)

Advantages: 
Improved Initiative, Luck, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 5, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Mechanical Trousers" (Flaws: Removable) [4]
"Wall Ride" Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling) (4)
Leaping 1 (15 feet) (1)
-- (5 points)

Sonic Amplifier" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [28]
"Crossfade- Time to Heal Up!" Regeneration 7 (Extras: Affects Others, Area- Visual Perception, Selective) (Flaws: Ranks 6-7 Limited to Every Other Round) (26) -- (27)
  • AE: "Crossfade- Speed Up!" Speed 3 (8 mph) (Extras: Affects Others, Area- Visual Perception, Selective) (Flaws: Rank 3 Limited to Every Other Round) (11)
"Sound Barrier" Force Field 4 (Extras: Affects Others, Area- 60ft. Burst +2, Selective) (Flaws: Tiring) (16)
"Soundwave" Damage 5 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cone +1/2) Linked to Move Object 6 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cone +1/2) (Flaws: Touch Range, Limited to Away From Lucio) (14) -- (15)
  • AE: "Sonic Shot" Blast 6 (12)
-- (46 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Sonic Shot +11 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Soundwave +5-6 Area (+5 Damage & +6 Move Object, DC 20 & 16)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (+16 Blink, DC 24-26), Parry +10 (+12 Blink, DC 20-22), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +8

Complications:
Power Loss (Ammo)- All ammunition has the potential to run out, and must be recharged.
Enemy (Vishkar Corporation)- Lúcio led a popular uprising in Rio De Janeiro that exiled the Corporation from the police state-like control it held over the people.
Flaw Explanation ("Amp It Up!")- Lúcio's Regeneration normally operates at 5 ranks, and Speed at 2. He needs to "Amp It Up!" to push them to their standard ranks, and this fades and needs to be recharged every few rounds.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 16 (153)

-I think this guy is pretty much the most dull character in the game- he's just... some black-ish guy with big metal pants. The fact that he's wearing just a regular shirt up top, and has such giant robo-pants makes him look hilariously like Wallace from Wallace and Gromit and the Mechanical Trousers.

-Lúcio is another Speedster character in the game, and is an entertainer/warrior who tried hard to lift up the children of Rio De Janeiro from the economic hardships imposed by the Omnic Crisis. When the Vishkar Corporation took over his hometown, then betrayed the people by going back on their promises and imposing a Corporate Police State, Lúcio stole their gear and went on the offensive, rallying the populace to action against Vishkar. The popular uprising drove them out of town, and made Lúcio a star. Now, he was filling arenas across the world with his music.

-Lúcio is based around moving quickly, while buffing his teammates- his ability to passively make them Regenerate or move at enhanced Speeds will enable the entire team to get more powerful. The only issue is they have to keep close- within visual range of Lúcio in order to make this work. He will have to "Amp It Up!" periodically to allow them to maintain these Buffs. His "Ultimate" is to create personal Force Fields for all the teammates in range- another great boost.

-He lacks the damage output of other "Support" characters, and can't Heal with the same power as Mercy, but he's a good guy to have around. Apparently he was QUITE over-powered at first, to the point where he was an "Auto-Take" if you wanted to win games- this was thankfully nerfed in later editions, but he STILL remains one of the most-chosen characters in the game. I was a bit surprised at first, given how he's got a weak design and there's so many sexy women to choose from... but that goes to show you how "out of it" I am regarding gaming- modern-day gamers want to WIN AT ALL COSTS- not play the sexiest Russian Bear Woman they can find.

Comic Book-izing Lúcio: Probably just a standard Speedster. Higher overall Toughness, probably with real armor, and I can't see Crossfade healing others. It would almost certainly not be Every Other Round or run out of ammo or anything.
danelsan

Re: Jab's Builds! (Widowmaker! Bastion! Soldier: 76! Tracer! Orisa! Lucio!)

Post by danelsan »

Orisa also looks adorable with her puppy ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tppF2XH4fdE
Jabroniville

Zarya

Post by Jabroniville »

ZARYA (Aleksandra Zaryanova)
Role:
MuscleGirl, Bad-Ass Lady Soldier, Mrs. Jabroniville, Omnic Hater
Fetish Targets: MuscleGirl, Amazon, Army Girl, Bringer of Snu-Snu
Group Affiliations: Volskaya Industries
PL 10 (144)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+8)
Expertise (Soldier) 8 (+10)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 6 (+8)
Perception 4 (+6)
Persuasion 2 (+4)
Stealth 2 (+4)
Technology 4 (+6)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit (Fame), Diehard, Equipment 2 (Army Stuff), Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Set-Up, Teamwork, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Particle Cannon" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [34]
"Graviton Surge" Move Object 5 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Selective) (Flaws: Limited to Towards Surge) Linked to Affliction 8 (Strength; Vulnerable/Defenseless & Immobile) (Extras: Ranged, Area- 30ft. Burst, Selective, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Unreliable- 5/day) (39) -- (41)
  • AE: "Cannon Blast" Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Line +2, Penetrating) (Flaws: Ranks 7-10 & Penetrating Limited to After Absorbing Damage With Barriers) (31)
  • AE: "Energy Ball" Blast 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (21)
"Particle Barrier"
Force Field 4 (Extras: Affects Others, Ranged) (12)
Immunity 1 (Knockback) (Extras: Affects Others, Ranged) (3)
-- (56 points)

Enhanced Advantages 2: Attractive 2 (Flaws: Limited to MuscleGirl Fetishists) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Particle Cannon +6-10 Area (+6-10 Damage, DC 21-25)
Graviton Surge +5-8 Area (+5 Move & +8 Ranged Affliction, DC
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +5 (+9 Particle Barrier), Fortitude +7, Will +8

Complications:
Power Loss (Ammo)- All ammunition has the potential to run out, and must be recharged. Particle Barriers do not last long and require a round to recharge, while Projected Barriers last slightly longer. Neither can ever be left up passively.
Relationship (Jabroniville)
Weakness (Best Counters)- Bastion can easily wipe out Zarya's Particle Barrier while in Sentry Configuration. Reaper and Hanzo can also effectively break through the Barrier.
Addiction (Snu-Snu, Jabroniville)
Responsibility (Volskaya Industries)- The important Russian economic powerhouse and its leader, Katya Volskaya, hold a lot of sway in her home country, and Zarya has been entrusted with great duties by Katya.
Obsession (Making Fun Of Jabronville's Pathetic Little Muscles)
Hatred (Omnics)- Zarya's people suffered greatly during the Omnic Crisis, and she joined the army during the current one- she does not trust them as a result. She is openly hostile to most, and has suggested a desire to kill them on sight before. Being in a city in which omnics and humans live together in harmony, such as Numbani, bothers her greatly, and allying with one (such as Lynx Seventeen, a hacker contact of her boss's) disgusts her even more.
Responsibility (Sometimes Shares Jabronville With Mei)
Power Loss (Barrier)- Melee attacks will pierce Zarya's Particle Barrier.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 35 / Defenses: 16 (144)

-And now we come to My Waifu (too bad Ares, I'll still use that term :P), Aleksandra Zaryanova, aka "Zarya". Created after some fan suggestions/backlash over a lack of "diversity" among the female body types of the game, Zarya is built like a Pro Wrestler, has short hair colored in hot pink, and wears a ton of armor- a very interesting, fascinating study of contrasts. I mean, it'd be easy to just make her "The Butch" or something, but she's even got pink NAIL POLISH- the hair is short, but has a "swoop" that indicates some style, she has long-ish eyelashes and the appearance of make-up, and yet there's that cool, bad-ass "x" scar above her right eye.

-Zarya was a superstar athlete in her native Russia, using her elite athletic skills to enable her to lift a record 512 kg in weightlifting (hhnngghh...). However, when the Omnic Crisis happened and the world was threatened, she dropped her athletic career without regret and signed up for the military, tearing the particle cannon off the hull of a vehicle (hhhnnnnnggghhh...) for use as a sidearm! She wears a pretty generic military uniform, but with the sleeves cut out, so that she reveals her massive, ripped arms (HHHHNNNNGGGGGHHHHH...) to the world.

-Zarya is entrusted by Russian Corporate head Katya "MILF" Volskaya with targeting the assassins who'd tried to eliminate her- this leads the seven-foot, muscular woman (HHHHNNNNNNNGGGGHHHHH...) all over the world, where her weak investigative skills hold her back. Katya then allies her with Lynx Seventeen, an omnic hacker that helps light the way- Zarya is infuriated at having to team up with an omnic, as her time during the Omnic wars in Siberia has led her to despise the entire people. Ultimately, she defeats Sombra, finds out that Katya has been getting tech from omnics in order to defend Russia, and allows Sombra to escape in order to rescue her omnic partner. When Lynx asks why, explains that she cannot answer him- days earlier, she may have killed Lynx herself! Good, old-fashioned Conflicted Loyalties is great character stuff. Also, she's muscular, incredibly-tall and tough (HHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!...)

-Zarya is considered a difficult "Tank" to play, but a good one to master. Her main "schtick" is to gain Energy by absorbing damage with her Barriers, thus increasing her own damage- this means she has to actually TRY to get hit! Absorbing this damage turns her Particle Cannon from a paltry PL 6 Area Attack into a PL 10 Penetrating Area Attack after enough damage has hit her. This means her Particle Cannon is one of the deadliest weapons in the game, while she herself is the most fragile of tanks- a HUGE "high risk, high reward" thing. Pretty much the hallmark of a difficult character.

-The troubles with the Barrier/Cannon system mean that she cannot be a proper, "True" Tank, defending the way Reinhardt or Winston would- she can't defend whole groups, nor certain chokepoints and obstacles. You must be careful to fire at foes, THEN activate your Limited Use Barriers (as most enemies won't fire at a Barrier'd Zarya, for fear of the Cannon being powered up), or otherwise charge directly into danger, absorbing Ultimate Attacks and the like once they've already been fired. Zarya alternates between a "Must Take" in competitive play (she's too good at buffing her allies, many of whom are screwed without the Particle Barrier guarding them), or a "Never Take" if the wrong thing gets nerfed.

-Zarya's Ultimate, the "Graviton Surge", is one of the most devastating in the entire game- though it does no damage, the ability to haul an entire group of enemies into one location is absolutely AMAZING in a First-Person Shooter, as it renders them all easy targets, effectively immobilizing them. When combined with Mass Damage attacks, such as those from Reaper or Pharah, she can help wipe out an entire enemy team in one go. A nerfing of this power once made her a "Never Take".

-Zarya provides one of the more difficult answers in the "Equipment (vs) Device" debate- one one hand, she's literally just using the torn-off gear from a military vehicle as a sidearm, like Roadblock in G.I. Joe does. Which would probably be like Equipment, since it comes from just some vehicle. BUT... that thing is packing Move Object, Line Damage, Ranged Force Fields, and more. That's some odd powers to see on Equipment. And given that it's iconic to the character, and presumably now a little better than the basic stuff, I'm thinking it's a Device.

Comic Book-izing Zarya: Zarya would almost certainly be treated as a Miss Fanservice Thundra-type (HHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!), and probably drop the weird Particle Barrier powers. Graviton Surge would probably have less Move Object, and more Affliction/Damage properties.

Zarya's basis, or a coincidental shared hairstyle?- a Blizzard employee.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gamebook

Re: Zarya

Post by Gamebook »

Wow, that's almost as many pictures as I put in some of my posts. I really do like the lack of a limit on pics per post on this forum compared to the RA one
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Bastion! Soldier: 76! Tracer! Orisa! Lucio! ZARYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

now THAT'S more like it for me.