Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (Odin! Oberon! Taserface! Overwatch- Widowmaker!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Of course, everyone's got genres of games they don't like, and that's totally fine and understandable. I like most genres myself, but I have no interest in playing Overwatch becaause multiplayer-only shooters aren't my sort of thing. The builds, though? I'm definitely interested in those.
bsdigitalq

Re: Jab's Builds!

Post by bsdigitalq »

DominusExMachina wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:10 pmWell, the DC Comics Database isn't the only place to look up info on DC's characters: there's Comicvine, among others.
I don't think there's any real point in statting up the League of Ancients in any fashion. The Joe Kelly JLA run is one of my favorites, and apart from Rama Khan, Manitou Raven, and Gammanae, they're basically all just cool looking background characters. The ridiculously light bios for them online are pretty accurate in showing how much of a non-entity these characters are.
Woodclaw

Re: Jab's Builds!

Post by Woodclaw »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:20 pm
DominusExMachina wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:10 pm origin story you presented (assuming that it can even be labeled as such) that you have a raging hate-boner for the FPS genre of video gaming. My advice to you is the same that anyone else on these forums would: keep it in your pants.
Some of us come here and are greatly amused by Jab's raging boners- hate or otherwise.
KorokoMystia wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:44 pm Of course, everyone's got genres of games they don't like, and that's totally fine and understandable. I like most genres myself, but I have no interest in playing Overwatch becaause multiplayer-only shooters aren't my sort of thing. The builds, though? I'm definitely interested in those.
Watching Jab ranting is like bad TV shows, watch one and you're hooked for life.

Being serious though, I'm working on Overwatch as well and I'm not a fan of purely competitive FPS either. With the only possible exception of Team Fortress 2, I've never found any joy at playing other online FPS titles before Overwatch.
Jab is free to express his own opinion (and suffer any eventual flak coming his way), but I have to agree on a few points he made: if you look at Overwatch backstory, it's very simple. So far there was no real twist, no super-creative coup de théâtre. It's a setting that lives and die by its characters and their interactions. Fortunately enough, the game is almost a masterclass in character design.
The other big point is that it's a completely asymmetric design, which makes it much more difficult to work with, but incredibly satisfying to play.

On the subject of the community ... I can only talk about the European one, since I play on those servers, but I found that it was decent, not good, not bad. The League of Legends community over here is much worst.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
HalloweenJack

Re: Widowmaker

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:46 am Image

[.[/i]

......meh. she does nothing for me.
Last edited by HalloweenJack on Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

You know you can erase the contents of a quote down to the part you are commenting on.
It is kind of brutal to see a full build just for a sentance response.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Nice start on the Overwatch builds, Jab! Widowmaker look true to form, I like how you're building off concept instead of video game stats.

I can't speak for the PC community, but I can say the PS4 community has been far from toxic in my experience. You still get the occasional a-hole, but it's not an every game type of occurrence.
Formerly luketheduke86
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Arkrite wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:09 pm You know you can erase the contents of a quote down to the part you are commenting on.
No clue what you're on about :mrgreen:
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

L-Space wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:36 pm Nice start on the Overwatch builds, Jab! Widowmaker look true to form, I like how you're building off concept instead of video game stats.

I can't speak for the PC community, but I can say the PS4 community has been far from toxic in my experience. You still get the occasional a-hole, but it's not an every game type of occurrence.
Same here.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:53 pm
Arkrite wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:09 pm You know you can erase the contents of a quote down to the part you are commenting on.
Sorry, must be that heriditary insanity kicking in. Would explain the giant sized smurf! ;~)
Jabroniville

The Omnics

Post by Jabroniville »

OMNICS
Role:
Mooks, Robot Revolutionaries
Fetish Targets: Christ- I Hope Not
Group Affiliations: The Omnics
PL 4 (46)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA -- AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
None

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 3 [3]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +3, Fortitude --, Will +0

Complications:
Prejudice (Omnic)- Omnics are hated and mistrusted over much of the world, after the Omnica Corporation's robots attempted a global takeover. Many countries give them no rights at all.

Total: Abilities: 6 / Skills: 00--0 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 33 / Defenses: 3 (46)

-The Omnics are basically what happened in The Matrix- AIs that got too advanced and tried to take control. They were created by the Omnica Corporation, but eventually started reprogramming other Omnics and built war machines. They were ultimately defeated by Overwatch and other groups, at which point omnics became second-class citizens in the world (which is actually how The Matrix's overall plotline STARTED). In London, for example, the omnics have no rights and live underground. In other countries, such as Numbani, omnics are treated equally. A splinter group lives in the Himalayas, adopting a monk-like lifestyle and calling themselves "The Shambali"- their leader was assassinated by Widowmaker in the game's opening movie.

Omnic Types:
NULLTROOPER- PL 5 (48): Equipment 2 (Blast 5) [2]
ERADICATOR- PL 6 (77): ST +2, Blast 7- Multiattack, Protection +4 [31]
SLICER- PL 4 (58): Speed 4, "Laser" Blast 4 [12]
B73-NS- PL 7 (78): ST +1, Protection +2, "Tank Form" Area Damage 9, AE: "Recon Form" Blasters 6 (Multiattack) [32]
TITAN: Unknown (Skyscraper-sized Killing Machines)
SPIDER TANKS: Unknown (Walking Tank-Things)
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I think anyone familiar with my thread for more than a couple years knows my hatred of the FPS genre- I even did a build based entirely around complaining about it.

And yes, while I love going on about the things I enjoy (particularly DISNEY-related things, which most on here have learned to ignore :)), by long-form rants about things I dislike are probably just as popular, if not moreso :).

And I didn't stat many "one-off" forms- Elisa-as-Gargoyle would just be Elisa with the Gargoyle Template thrown on for powers, and was only around for couple of minutes. Titania would probably have near of the same stats as Oberon, but generally didn't do anything of note.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Wow! I didn't realize that the video game series of builds was so long ago. I thought that it was just a few months ago.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Arkrite wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:32 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:53 pm
Sorry, must be that heriditary insanity kicking in. Would explain the giant sized smurf! ;~)

Naw, that's just the episode where Hefty grows really big.

You're just watching Boomerang
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

An additional note about the Omnics and the Omnic Crisis.

The Omnica Corporation didn't just build Omnics they built fully automated Omnic factories (called omniums) all around the world, but ended up closing them once the company shut down. Some years later the omniums mysteriously started up again (most likely due to the super powerful AIs called God Programs) and started producing the army of hostile Omnics.
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Bastion

Post by Jabroniville »

BASTION
Role:
Awakened Mook, Adorable Robot
Fetish Targets: Nothing (I Hope)
Group Affiliations: The Omnics
PL 10 (135)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA -- AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+8)
Expertise (Military) 6 (+7)
Insight 3 (+3)
Perception 5 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Guns) 4 (+10)
Stealth 3 (+4)
Technology 5 (+6)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Guns), Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 5 [5]
"Self-Repair" Healing 6 (Flaws: Limited to Self) [6]
Immunity 1 (Knockback) [1]

"Reconfigure"
"Sentry Form"
"Autocannon" Blast 10 (Extras: Multiattack) [30]
"Immobile" Reduced Defenses -2 [-4]
"Ironclad" Protection 4 [4]

Morph 1 (Feats: Metamorph- Recon Form) (6) -- [7]
  • AE: Morph 1 (Feats: Metamorph- Tank Form) (6)
"Recon Form"
Blast 6 (Feats: Extended Range) (Extras: Multiattack) (19)
Enhanced Defenses 2 (4)
-- (23 points)

"Tank Form"
Blast 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Unreliable- 5/day) (18)
"Shoot at the Ground" Leaping 2 (30 feet) (2)
Speed 2 (8 mph) (2)
"Ironclad" Protection 4 (4)
-- (26 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Recon Form +10 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Sentry Form +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Tank Form +9 Area (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
"Recon Form" Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +5, Fortitude --, Will +6
"Sentry Form" Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +9, Fortitude --, Will +6
"Tank Form" Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +9, Fortitude --, Will +6

Complications:
Prejudice (Omnic)- Omnics are hated and mistrusted over much of the world, after the Omnica Corporation's robots attempted a global takeover. Many countries give them no rights at all.
Prejudice (Bastion Unit)- Bastion is a symbol of the Omnic Crisis- a military unit that invokes thoughts of terror.
Weakness (Best Counters)- Bastion's weak defenses provoke sniping from Widowmaker or Pharah. Genji and Zarya can also adequately counter him.
Weakness (Shell-Shock)- Bastion appears to have a form of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder- occasionally having flashbacks to its warlike past.
Motivation (Seeing the World)- Bastion has lost its combat programming almost entirely, and now desires to see the world.
Weakness (Weak Point- Blue Square)- A square on the back of Bastion's Turret Configuration makes it an easy target for fast characters.
Power Loss (Critical Hits)- Bastion cannot Critical Hit while in Sentry Configuration.
Involuntary Transformation (Recon Configuration)- Some attacks can return Bastion to its baseline state, like Reinhardt's Charge & Earth Shatter, Sombra's Hack & EMP, Ana's Sleep Dart & Roadhog's Hook.
Relationship (Ganymede)- Bastion is incredibly devoted to protecting its little bird friend.
Involuntary Transformation (Out of Tank Configuration)- Bastion cannot remain in Tank Configuration for a limitless amount of time- it will eventually return back to regular form.

Total: Abilities: 20 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 79 / Defenses: 14 (135)

-Bastion seemed like an early "Icon" of Overwatch before DeviantArt and Tumblr had their way with the female characters of the series- it (Bastion is genderless, unlike some other Omnics) was everywhere for a bit, showing up on all kinds of art as your Baymax-like "Cute Robot". Bastion models were initially used as peacekeeping units, but during the Omnic Crisis, they became the bulk of the Omnic armies. This has left Bastion a symbol of the war, as most of its line have been decommissioned or destroyed. Given that its concept is "peaceful robot out to see the beauty of the world", this can lead to troubles.

-Bastion's primary ability is to "Reconfigure" into an immobile "Gun Turret" that deals some of the game's heaviest damage, while being completely unable to dodge. This would be CRIPPLING in M&M, where you roll to aim, but is rather good in a Video Game, where aiming is trickier. In "Tank Configuration", Bastion deals out Area Damage for "crowd control". The baseline "Recon" form lets you run around, and is primarily meant to get Bastion into "Turret Configuration", though the gun is alright. Bastion is better off controlling chokepoints and other such things, and its abilities are very defensive, based around the robot's own survival. In a game based around team tactics, he makes an ideal defender- in comic/RPG terms, he's a bit trickier to use.

-The "Configurations" are better decided by Alternate Effects, though I decided to ignore the "Ultimate Ability" part of the Tank Configuration for the most part- it seems too broken to force Bastion to adopt such a huge weakness (Tiring or something) on something as simple as an Area Attack, no matter how good those can be in RPGs. Ultimately, Bastion's defenses are rather weak, but its damage output is remarkable, hitting PL 9 or 10 in the various Configurations.

Comic Book-izing Bastion: Less flaws and goofy stuff on his Configurations, and probably more forms as well. As a Kill-O-Bot, he'd probably have a way higher base Toughness score, making him more adequate defensively. WAY more weapons on him, too- grenades, lasers, etc.