Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Sudowoodo! Sunflora! Donphan!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Woodclaw

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Obsidiaris! Ash Ketchum! Demons & Devils!)

Post by Woodclaw »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:13 pm Totally agree about the intelligence for the Hellcat. Not everything from The Abyss should be smart, it doesn't work that way on every other plane.

Loving the demons/devils run. I was getting ready to jump on that myself but I think I'm going to work on some races and then dragons since they will mostly be reposts but I really want to take another good run through the demon/devils lords, especially Asmodeus. I'm struggling with high end PL for them and an upcoming gods run.
I think that's a pretty universal rule.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:13 pm Totally agree about the intelligence for the Hellcat. Not everything from The Abyss should be smart, it doesn't work that way on every other plane.

Loving the demons/devils run. I was getting ready to jump on that myself but I think I'm going to work on some races and then dragons since they will mostly be reposts but I really want to take another good run through the demon/devils lords, especially Asmodeus. I'm struggling with high end PL for them and an upcoming gods run.
Thanks! That'll be cool to see. I think I want to take on a couple of the Demon Lords myself- probably Demogorgon and somebody.

Reading the Fiend Folio book again is funny. I was hoping to find some good Demon builds... but instead it's 90% completely unrelated stuff, like somebody had their stuff barred from Monster Manual 2 and thus had to put all this crap somewhere else. There's only about 2-3 Demons & Devils each... and then an INDRICOTHERE? A water weasel with a hand on the end of its tail? Two Giants? Fensir? A Dire Rhinoceros that is clearly just an Elasmotherium? A bunch of really freaky undead? Why is this not just called Monster Manual 3 or 4? It's such a weird choice for a book.
scc

Post by scc »

Maybe it is just me but that water weasel with a hand on the end of it's tail sounds awesome.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:31 pm

Thanks! That'll be cool to see. I think I want to take on a couple of the Demon Lords myself- probably Demogorgon and somebody.

Reading the Fiend Folio book again is funny. I was hoping to find some good Demon builds... but instead it's 90% completely unrelated stuff, like somebody had their stuff barred from Monster Manual 2 and thus had to put all this crap somewhere else. There's only about 2-3 Demons & Devils each... and then an INDRICOTHERE? A water weasel with a hand on the end of its tail? Two Giants? Fensir? A Dire Rhinoceros that is clearly just an Elasmotherium? A bunch of really freaky undead? Why is this not just called Monster Manual 3 or 4? It's such a weird choice for a book.
The only part I remember fondly of the 3E Fiend Folio were the symbiontes, evevything else was ... kind of there. I always appreciate creature that are normal-sih animals in D&D (the various "Dire something") but all in all it was a very forgettable book.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

scc wrote:Maybe it is just me but that water weasel with a hand on the end of it's tail sounds awesome.
Haha, yeah, I'm totally building that weird thing.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Barbed Devil

Post by Jabroniville »

BARBED DEVIL (Hamatula)
Role:
Elite Mooks
PL 8 (111)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Expertise (Demon) 5 (+4)
Insight 4 (+5)
Intimidation 6 (+7)
Stealth 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Takedown

Powers:
"Demonic Physiology"
Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poison) [3]
Immunity 10 (Fire Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [5]
"Telepathy" Communication (Mental) 1 [4]
Comprehend 3 (Understand, Speak & Read Languages) [6]
Senses 2 (Darkvision) [2]
Features 1: All Attacks Have "Evil" Descriptor [1]

"Barbed Claws" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Improved Critical, Penetrating 4) Linked to Affliction 6 (Fort; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Flaws: Limited to Fear, Limited to 1/Day On Each Foe) [10]
"Barbed Flesh" Barbed Aura 2 [8]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Barbed Flesh +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Barbed Claws +8 (+7 Damage & +6 Affliction, DC 22 & DC 16)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
Vulnerable (Holy Attacks)

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 39 / Defenses: 9 (111)

-Barbed Devils are spiky, dangerous creatures who excel at sowing fear and disorder amongst their prey. They are hissing, slavering monsters who are significantly more clever than their bestial appearance would imply. Elite Barbed Devils are often transformed into Bebiliths or other lethal, front-line fighters.

Jab's Notes: Barbed Devils are a slight upgrade over Bearded ones, both in D&D and M&M. PL 7.5 on offense, with much weaker defenses.
Jabroniville

Succubus

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImageImageImage

SUCCUBUS/INCUBUS
Role:
Seducers
PL 8 (106)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Deception 2 (+7, +12 Attractive)
Expertise (Demon) 5 (+7)
Insight 4 (+7)
Persuasion 2 (+7, +12 Attractive)
Stealth 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Attractive 2, Daze (Persuasion), Fascination (Persuasion), Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
"Demonic Physiology"

Flight 4 (30 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [4]
Morph 2 [10]
"Demon's Kiss" Weaken Stamina 8 [8]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Demon's Kiss +8 (+8 Weaken, DC 18)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 43 / Defenses: 11 (106)

-The most comely of demons, these creatures are experts in seducing mortals down dark paths- thoughts of pleasures carnal are among the easiest ways to twist and guide the habits of mortals, after all. Females are called "succubi", and males "incubi"- the males are considered weak and almost worthless, given their lack of success. Incubi claim it is not their fault- females are skilled practitioners in shooing away aggressive gentlemen callers; mortal men are much more easily swayed by a pretty face. This keeps Succubi as common, prized agents of Demon Lords, while the Incubi must fight for scraps, and are often used as frontline fighters or "cannon fodder" instead.

Jab's Notes: Of course D&D has multiple things like this, usually accompanied by sexy artz.
Ken

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Demons & Devils- Bearded & Barbed! Succubus!)

Post by Ken »

Ah, the succubus. One of my all time favourites, for all of the wrong reasons.
Ken wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:01 pm the party met a new friend and ally, who didn't last the night. After he, and the party rescued a maiden from a group of wights; full of bravado, he kissed the maiden "long and lingeringly". And the DM told the player to write up a new character because his new character had just tongued a succubus.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:31 pm Reading the Fiend Folio book again is funny. I was hoping to find some good Demon builds... but instead it's 90% completely unrelated stuff, like somebody had their stuff barred from Monster Manual 2 and thus had to put all this crap somewhere else. There's only about 2-3 Demons & Devils each... and then an INDRICOTHERE? A water weasel with a hand on the end of its tail? Two Giants? Fensir? A Dire Rhinoceros that is clearly just an Elasmotherium? A bunch of really freaky undead? Why is this not just called Monster Manual 3 or 4? It's such a weird choice for a book.
Is this just a good guess or are you teasing? In either case, you're right..

from Wikipedia:
"The bulk of the material in the first edition came from the British gaming magazine White Dwarf, rather than being authored by Gary Gygax, the game's co-creator. Readers and gamers had submitted creatures to the "Fiend Factory" department of the magazine, and the most highly regarded of those appearing in the first thirteen issues were selected to be in the publication."

"Games Workshop, with Don Turnbull editing the project, originally intended to produce and publish the Fiend Folio tome (ISBN 0-935696-21-0) in late 1979. The Fiend Folio was intended to be the second volume of the Monster Manual, and would be officially recognized by TSR as an Advanced Dungeons & Dragons product, with the monsters mostly taken from submissions to White Dwarf's "Fiend Factory" column.[1] At the time, Games Workshop was the holder of the license to publish D&D game products in the United Kingdom.[2] Although the manuscript was completed on time by editor Don Turnbull, a business dispute between Games Workshop and TSR Hobbies delayed publication of the book for nearly two years. The Fiend Folio was finally published in August 1981 by TSR itself, who used the product to launch its UK division.[3][4]"
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spam

Post by Spam »

I'm just here because I saw Succubus in the title.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Spam wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:08 pm I'm just here because I saw Succubus in the title.
*judges you*

... *continues to draw lewd Mother Gothel fanart*
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Spectrum wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:39 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:31 pm Reading the Fiend Folio book again is funny. I was hoping to find some good Demon builds... but instead it's 90% completely unrelated stuff, like somebody had their stuff barred from Monster Manual 2 and thus had to put all this crap somewhere else. There's only about 2-3 Demons & Devils each... and then an INDRICOTHERE? A water weasel with a hand on the end of its tail? Two Giants? Fensir? A Dire Rhinoceros that is clearly just an Elasmotherium? A bunch of really freaky undead? Why is this not just called Monster Manual 3 or 4? It's such a weird choice for a book.
Is this just a good guess or are you teasing? In either case, you're right..

from Wikipedia:
"The bulk of the material in the first edition came from the British gaming magazine White Dwarf, rather than being authored by Gary Gygax, the game's co-creator. Readers and gamers had submitted creatures to the "Fiend Factory" department of the magazine, and the most highly regarded of those appearing in the first thirteen issues were selected to be in the publication."

"Games Workshop, with Don Turnbull editing the project, originally intended to produce and publish the Fiend Folio tome (ISBN 0-935696-21-0) in late 1979. The Fiend Folio was intended to be the second volume of the Monster Manual, and would be officially recognized by TSR as an Advanced Dungeons & Dragons product, with the monsters mostly taken from submissions to White Dwarf's "Fiend Factory" column.[1] At the time, Games Workshop was the holder of the license to publish D&D game products in the United Kingdom.[2] Although the manuscript was completed on time by editor Don Turnbull, a business dispute between Games Workshop and TSR Hobbies delayed publication of the book for nearly two years. The Fiend Folio was finally published in August 1981 by TSR itself, who used the product to launch its UK division.[3][4]"
I was referring to the 3rd Edition stuff- I've never seen an earlier one for the Fiend Folio.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

heh- Something Awful has a review of the Fiend Folio I'm talking about: http://www.somethingawful.com/dungeons- ... olio-3e/1/
scc

Post by scc »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:52 pm heh- Something Awful has a review of the Fiend Folio I'm talking about: http://www.somethingawful.com/dungeons- ... olio-3e/1/
Somehow I did not know about this site. The review is hilarious. :lol:
Jabroniville

Erinyes

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

ERINYES (Furies)
Role:
War Demons
PL 8 (144)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+12)
Deception 2 (+7)
Expertise (Demon) 5 (+7)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 4 (+9)
Persuasion 2 (+7)
Stealth 3 (+6)

Advantages:
Daze (Persuasion), Equipment (Swords, Spears, Whips), Fascination (Persuasion), Ranged Attack 5, Startle, Takedown 2

Powers:
"Demonic Physiology"

"Charm Person" Mind Control 8 [32]

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Weapons +10 (+4-6 Damage, DC 19-21)
Charm Person -- (+8 Perception-Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 53 / Defenses: 8 (144)

-Similar to Succubi, these are comely Demons who seek to lure mortals astray. However, they do not use seduction- they goad men towards acts of war. Erinyes, or Furies, are dangerous warmongers.

Jab's Notes: Erinyes are pretty much the same as Succubi in D&D, so I went another route- Mind-Controlling War-Mongers.