Mister B's M&M 3E Builds ::Marvel Archives

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MisterB

Realms of Magnor: Tri-Stat/Authority

Post by MisterB »

Selina Dakaroth (149 pts)
Concept:: Silyrii Elf Queen
Setting: Ancient Magnor
Description: The Queen of the Elves, is a tall and curvaceous woman of unearthly beauty. She has full dark hair, and eyes of blue that seem to glow.

STATS: Body 7 , Mind 9, Soul 8
DERIVED VALUES: ACV 11, DCV 9, Health Points 55, Energy Points 105, Shock Value 11

Attributes, Normal
  • Exotic Beauty: Feature 1
    Been around awhile: Highly Skilled 9
    Silyrii Elf: Special Defense (Does not Age 2; Immune to Disease 2; Vampirism 2, Charm Magic 1), Special Movement 3 (Balance, Cat-Like, Untrackable), Energy Bonus 3, Heightened Senses 4 (Low Light Vision 2, Magic Detection 2), Heightened Awareness 2
    Combat Training: Attack Combat Mastery 3, Combat Technique 6 (Accuracy, Concealment,
    Deflection, Judge Opponent, Leap Attack, Lightning Reflexes ), Defence Combat Mastery 3, Extra Attacks 1, Extra Defences 1
    Queen of Silyrii: Wealth 4, Organisational Ties 10 (significant national power)
Attributes, Magical Items
  • IoP: Ceremonial "Skimpy" Silyrii Armor. Armor 2 (20 points of armor, Partial -1)
    IoP: Silyrri Sword. Special Attack 4 (20 damage, Penetrates Forcefield, Muscle-powered)
Skills
Acrobatics 1, Area Knowledge: Silyrri Nation 4, Archery 1, Etiquette 3, Languages 4, Management and Administration 4, Melee Attack 2, Melee Defense 3, Ranged Defense 1, Riding 2, Swimming 1, Wilderness Survival 4

DEFECTS
Famous: Queen of Silyrii (2 BP), Less Capable: Body-Strength (1 BP), Less Capable: Mind-Intelligence (1 BP), Less Capable: Soul-Luck (1bp), Not So Tough (2bp), Ism: Hated of Vampires (3bp)

Background Notes
Much of the Inspiration for the Silyrii elves draws back to my time with forgotten realms and the video game Sacred 2. This character was developed using the Authority rule set, instead of the normal Tri-stat.

Silyrii Elves, children of the stars, are the highest and the most noblest of their race, they live in a forested region on the southern part of the continent and west of the vast Dwarven mining fields. They live in one of the last great forests of that area, before it breaks upon the south-east shores of Magnakai. Their cities have an almost ethereal glow to them, since they use so much of the mystical metal which is taken from their own name. Silyrii , the star metal. They can have a variety of hair colors, but it is usually anywhere from white, silver, gold, or black. And eyes are almost always a deep blue, which glows imperceptible during the day showing their innately magical nature.

The Silyrii elves have been fighting a war with the vampires of the night lands for many centuries, because of their innate ability to resist the powers of the vampires. These vampires live in a volcanic region just to the south east of the Silyrii borders, which then breaks into the Night Lands and Nokhran. The land of Silyrii also has the largest deposits of the famous star-metal, making them important allies with the humans and dwarves. Most Silyrii elves practice divine magic , for obvious reasons.
Last edited by MisterB on Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
MisterB

Authority/SASd20 : Mistress Psyche

Post by MisterB »

SASd20/Authority Blend (A few notes fist)
So I wanted to give mixing authority with the SASd20 version of tri-stat, cause I feel this might be my niche. And what I really like. MnM is a great game, but I feel I miss the aspects of a normal d20 system like AC and hit-points, and variable damage rolls. So without further ado, I have translated my flag ship M1 Universe character over. But I am considering doing Marvel conversions using this system.

I feel like Dynamic Power might be a cop-out to actually fleshing the character out further, so I might work on her some more. Though I am not finished completely with this character sheet yet.

Mistress Psyche (240 pt build)
Origin: Half Breed Alien, Sorcerer
Profession: Business Woman & Socialite
Base of Operations: Millennium City
Class: Adventurer level 8

Abilities (58pts)
Strength 1, Dexterity 3, Constitution 4, Intelligence 4, Wisdom 10, Charisma 6

Combat & Defenses
Attack Bonus +4, Initiative +3, Reflexes +5, Willpower +16, Fortitude +6, Hit Points 70, Base AC +3

Skills (84 skill points, max rank 12)
City Knowledge (Millennium City) 5 (+9), Cultural Arts 9 (+13), Etiquette 6 (+12), Languages 4 (+8; Minoan, Russian, Persian, Sanskrit, Syrian, Egyptian, English, Greek), Management & Administration 12 (+16/+22), Melee Attack +1, Melee Defense +3, Occult 12 (+16), Melee Attack +1, Melee Defense +3, Seduction 3 (+9), Social Sciences 9 (+13, Anthropology), Unarmed Attack +2, Unarmed Defense +3

Normal Characteristics (26 pts)
Features 2: Attractive 1, Eidetic Memory • 2 pts
Highly Skilled 3 (+12 skill points) • 3 pts
Wealth 7 (net-worth 50 mill) • 21 pts

Powered Characteristics (148 pts)
Alien Physiology: Special Defense 4 (Aging x2, Disease x2) • 4 pts
Mind Shield 4 (+4 to will saves) • 4 pts
Dynamic Powers 7 (14 ranks of Psychic powers, but no rank greater than 7) • 140 pts

Character Defects (+5 pts)
Famous (Publicly Known, Social Media Star, National fame) 2bp
Ism (Gay) 1 bp
Nemesis (Grigory Resputin) 2bp

Background and Story
Real Name: Sheila Jacobs, Aliases: Amphissa (Greek), Sophia Turla (Russian), Origin: Alien Hybrid/Mutation, Profession: Dilettante, Multi-Millionaire, and Business Woman, Base of Operations: Millennium City, Marital Status: Single, Place of Birth: Knossos, Crete, Family: Kreon (Father; deceased), Sybilla (Mother; deceased), Age: 3,681 (appears in middle twenties still), Height: 5‘4“, Weight: 120 lbs, Eyes: Blue, Hair: Dark brown, Allegiances: Ethical (Good), Motivations: Responsibility, Goals: To find the Verdant Shard

Sheila Jacobs appears to most as a discrete socialite. If an event is important enough, she's there. Indeed, she is a brand into herself, marking any event in which she makes an appearance with an extra layer of pride to the host. No one's quite sure how long she's been around or what she does for a living. Paparazzi never seem to get a hold of her and none of the other members of society's creme-de-la-creme dare ask.

Truth is, Sheila Jacobs has been around for a long, long time. She was born 3681 years ago on the island of Crete, in the ancient city of Knossos during the height of the Minoan culture. Amphissa was the daughter of a Merchant King, and a beautiful Atlantian woman named Sybilla . She lived the good life of a merchant king's daughter but the appearance of her incredible powers in early adolescence singled her out for great things.

Endowed with virtual immortality and immense Psionic powers, it took little effort to expand her father’s business into a success, within Egypt, Crete, Syria, Greece, Anatolia, and Mesopotamia. She eventually took over the operations of her father’s business after his untimely demise. Exporting copper, tin, and other valuable commodities through out the ancient world. She quickly became revered as the Goddess of Commerce in Crete.

However, time is not kind. Civilizations rise and fall and even a powerful mutant like herself saw the world around her collapse. Egypt, and the fall of her own country of Crete as well. She was in her forties, when her beloved Crete was destroyed in what would become a famous volcanic explosion. She traveled the world, getting to know just how grand and expansive her world really was. She dined in Rome and rode across the Russia’s, camped in Persian sands and feasted in Indian temples.

Always looking for signs of her kind, other’s special just like her. She spent a great amount of time in Russia and Europe during her travels, but eventually settled in Greece. She battled the likes of great men during the ages, included the machinations of Grigory Rasputin (A servant of the Adverse, and yes he‘s very much still alive) as Sophia Turla. She saw the silk empire and the land of the setting sun, and she passed the calumet amid native American tribes, all before renaissance was even upon clumsy Europe. She was there when the world was known to be round and she was there when gravity was found. She was also there when the Mayflower reached the shores of the Americas.

Long-lived and patient, Sheila Jacobs has had a thousand names and a thousand crafts and now she lives in the city of the Future, Millennium. Silently sitting upon her wealth and presence, silently guiding humanity. And subverting the agendas of the Adverse. Many don’t know the Truth, the secret battle that wages on the prime material plane. Should evil win, the adverse may be able to enter this realm once more. And be able to create and control a force, that could wipe out the Verdani once and for all. She mingles with super hero’s of all kinds, and most people know she is a powerful Meta-human. They just don’t know the extent of her influence, or the long past that she has.

Sheila Jacobs has her fingers in business everywhere, she even has her own perfume company. She often visits Club M, keeping an appearance there. Just so the meta human community knows where she is, and is still around. It’s a place where even the normal, can mingle and mix with those that have powers. Meanwhile she has been searching for an ancient Verdant artifact that may be on earth, or somewhere in the solar system known as the Verdant Shard. A large crystalline sphere, that can channel the cosmic power of the Verdani. Should it fall into the wrong hands, it could spell earth’s doom. What history she has given away, is that she is the second to hold her heroic title. But little do they know that she was also the first, as Sophia Turla.
Last edited by MisterB on Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
MisterB

Re: Mister B's :: Trying out Tri-Stat & Authority

Post by MisterB »

I've been going over my old MnM 2e thread in the archives, thinking to myself. I have some really good builds from back then.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

MisterB wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:14 pm I've been going over my old MnM 2e thread in the archives, thinking to myself. I have some really good builds from back then.
I remeber your Venus builds, they were pretty damn good.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

I know I don't do much these days. But i rarely have the motivation or energy. But, I am loosing my internet for a while. So just letting folks know.
slade the sniper

Post by slade the sniper »

We can put any sort of RPG writeups on this board? I thought this was a strictly M&M character board...

-STS
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

slade the sniper wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:43 am We can put any sort of RPG writeups on this board? I thought this was a strictly M&M character board...

-STS
nope! Ares made it all-RPG! Drkrash has a thread for his Fight! system, too.
slade the sniper

Post by slade the sniper »

oh...well, perhaps...I can put all of my game system conversions and other bits n pieces on here somewhere...

-STS
MisterB

Wolverine (Adventurers!)

Post by MisterB »

Wolverine (62 xp)
Origin: Mutant (+2 Endurance, 1 free B Power)
Concept: Feral Warrior

STATS
Strength 3, Agility 2, Mind 1 (18 xp)

DERIVED STATS
Attack: Claws (Attack=Agi+1, +1 Damage [sharp])
Defense 4 (AR 3 /4 /6), Heroism 2, Endurance 10

SKILLS (44 xp)
Athletics (B)
Perception (A)
Weaponcraft: Claws (A, natural advantage and 11-12 critical success)
Survival (A)
Power: Regeneration A (Can make a strength with no penalty to heal 1 End each round; No strain)
Powers: Claws B (+1 Attack)
Powers: Enhanced Senses A (Investigation, no strain)
Powers: Adamantium Skeleton A (Vehicle Scale Weapon, and sharp; provides Defense 3 (Agi-1), and a AR of 3 /4 /6)

Builders Notes
So I recently came across a free Indie product on RPGNow, called Adventurers! And fell in love with it. It's so simple and easy, you can pretty much adapat anything to it. And to prove my point. I decided to write up Wolverine for the system. You can find Adventurers! Free to download. Just follow the link. I just used what Info they provided in their two-page rpg. Yes, two pages!! And created mutants as a race (+2 Endurance, 1 free B Power) then just gave him XP till I was happy with the build. I hope you folks find this rpg, just as great as I do.

A few notes about the "Race/Origin".
Since Adventurers! is normall designed to give a benefit, by reducing the characters starting stat points. I thought It be best to create characters using an experience alottment. So being a mutant would put your character into a deficit of 7 experience points for the Endurance and Free power.
MisterB

Cyclops (Adventurers! Revised Builds)

Post by MisterB »

Cyclops (56xp)
Origin: Mutant
Concept: Fearless Leader

STATS
Strength 2, Agility 3, Mind 3

DERIVED STATS
Attack: Optic Blast (Attack=Agi+1, Agi-2 for Burst Mode; Penetrating Mode (possible attack and damage bonus); Area Attack Mode (Attack all enemies in a 5 yard radius, from target)
Attack: Unarmed Attacks (Attack=Agi, Advantage)
Defense 4 (AR 4), Heroism 2, Endurance 10

SKILLS
Armorcraft B (Unarmoured)
Leadership A (B: Advantage on leadership, inspire, intimdation tasks. A: Can inspire allies, or demoralize enemies on a Mind (-2) Roll. They have a +1/-1 to their rolls for the entire scene)
Weaponcraft: Unarmed Combat B
Weaponcraft: Optic Blast B
Power: Optic Blast A (No strain; Ranged (30), Vehicle Scale Weapon; +1 Attack, +2 Damage, Different Attack Modes)
-> Mode 1: Penetrating (if attack scores doubles, you gain +1 Att, A double 6 also gains +1 damage)
-> Mode 2: Area Attack (Effects all targets in a 5 yards radius from the target location. All targets in the area must make a Def Roll, while the attacker makes a single attack Roll; Limitation Must have sufficient angles to bounce his attack from; Ie can't use this mode in an open field or area)
Power: Summer's Gene B (immune to the powers of anyone in his family bloodline)

GEAR
X-Men Uniform (Resistant +1 AR, Immune to Powers)
Optic Blast Visor (Without this the optic blast is uncontrolled)

BUILDERS NOTES
Cyclops was a bit more of a challenge. Granted, I am assigning effects. Players have quite a bit of freedom when designing powers, and I am trying to be as succinct as possible with these builds. Leadership is a new skill of my own creation, its very similar to the Charisma skill.
MisterB

Tristat/SAS/Authority: Wolverine

Post by MisterB »

WOLVERINE
Class: Adventurer Level 6
Point Cost: 106 bp

Ability Scores (45)
Strength 2 , Dexterity 3, Constitution 6, Intelligence 1, Wisdom 2, Charisma 2

Combat & Defenses
Attack Bonus +2 (Guns +6, Heavy Weapons +6, Melee Attack 5, Unarmed +6, Claws +9),
Initiative +3, Reflexes +5, Willpower +4, Fortitude +8, Hit Points 130,
Base AC 15 (Melee 16, Unarmed 17)

Skills
Area Knowledge (Canada) 3, Foreign Culture 1 (Japan), Gun Combat 2, Heavy Weapons 1, Interrogation 2, Management & Administration 1, Melee Attack 1, Melee Defense 1, Military Sciences 3, Swimming 1, Unarmed Attack 2, Unarmed Defense 2, Wilderness Survival 3, Wilderness Tracking 3 (9)

Normal Characteristics (20)
Attack Combat Mastery 3 (Narrow Focus, Claws)
Combat Technique 2 ( Leap attack, Two Weapons (ie two claws))
Defense Combat Mastery 2
Highly Skilled 7

Powered Characteristics (47)
Features: Longevity
Heightened Awareness 3
Heightened Senses ( Hearing 1, Smell 1)
Natural Weapons: Claws (+10 unarmed damage)
Regeneration 6 (can heal 30 points per round)
Adamantium Skeleton [Immovable 1 + Armor 1 + Tough 3)
Adamantium Laced Claws [Special Attack 5 (60 damage, Muscle Powered, Penetrating (Armor)}]

Character Defects (-6)
Blind Fury (2 bp)
Ism: Mutant (3 bp)
Recurring Nightmares (1bp)

Building Notes
I incorporated a variation in character building, that simulates how M&M handles abilities. Basically, reduce the starting building points by 30, this gives the abilities a rank of 0. Then it costs 1 point to up or lowers them as seen fit by the player. Interestingly enough, Wolverine turned out rather cheap cost wise.

So I think I'll be going between a SAS/Authority & Adventurers! Revised Builds. I think Adventurers! will do nicely to similate the lord of the rings stuff I want to do. I would also like to do some 5th Edition D&D stuff but not sure where I will go with that.

And of course I'll happily take requests as always. Might even throw in some of my best MnM 3rd I've got.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Mister B's :: Adventurers! Revised & SAS/Authority Builds

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Interesting system. I'll have to check it out. Seems to simplify a lot of things.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

Which system are you referring to? Adventurers!?
MisterB

Wolverine (D&D 5th ed. )

Post by MisterB »

Logan
8th level Neutral Human (mutant) Barbarian

Abilities:
Strength 14 (+2), Dexterity 15 (+3), Constitution 20 (+5), Intelligence 11 (+0), Wisdom 13 (+1), Charisma 14 (+2)

Statistics:
Hit Points 100, Armor Class: 14/18 (unarmored), Movement 40', Proficiency Bonus +3

Feats:
Tavern Brawler, and Durable.

Proficiencies
Proficiencies: Athletics, Intimidation, Perception, and Survival.
Saves: Strength and Constitution
Tools: Gaming Set (Cards), Vehicles (land), Light Armor, Medium Armor, Shields, Simple weapons, Martial Weapons, Improvised Weapons, and Unarmed Strike.

Attacks
Claws [+7 to hit/+9 against objects; Damage 1d10+4/1d10+6 vs. Objects]

Racial Traits:
Super Constitution 3. +3 bonus to all constitution based traits and abilities.
Heightend Senses. An advantage of Perception checks.
Mutation: Claws. +2 to hit, 1d10+2+Strength slashing damage; +4 to hit & Damage against objects; On critical hits targets take 1 point of constitution damage. The CON damage returns at the rate of 1 point per long rest.
Mutation: Regeneration Logan heals 10 points per round at the start of his turn. If takes logan takes fire or acid damage, he doesn't heal that next turn. He can only die if he starts a turn at 0 hitpoints and doesn't regenerate.

Class Traits:
Rage. Rages 4 times per day with a +2 bonus to damage during a rage.
Unarmoured Defense. Logan's AC is 18 when not earing armor.
Reckless Attack. Advantage on strength based melee attacks, but opponents gain advantage to hit you.
Danger Sense. Advantage on Dexterity saving throws.
Primal Path: Bersker. Frenzy (a bonus attack each turn once you enter a rage, and Mindless Rage (cannot be charmed or frightened during a rage).
Extra Attacks (2)
Fast Movement
Feral Instinct. Advantage on Initiative rolls. If you are surprised, you can still act that round.

Personality:
Alignment: Neutral , though leaning towards chaotic Neutral.
Background: Soldier (Specialty Infantry, Feature: Military Rank).
Personality Traits: I am haunted by the memories of a war I cannot remember. I cannot get the images of the violence out of my mind.
Ideals: I dont like to meddle in the affairs of others, prefering to go my own way without making waves.
Bond: I am still seeking the answers to my past, a past I cannot remember.
Flaws: I am a lone wolf. Always a stranger, even in a crowd.
Lifestyle: Modest.

Equipment
A deck of cards, Cigars, Hide Armor, Heavy Crossbow (1d10 pierce), 20 bolts, 2 hand axes (1d6 slash), and a trinket (a strange totem necklace with the symbol of the wolverine).

I wanted to see what I could do making wolverine in 5th edition, he actually came out pretty cool. Of course, I had to "make up" super human powers.
MisterB

Post by MisterB »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:20 pm Interesting system. I'll have to check it out. Seems to simplify a lot of things.
It really is though
Love it