New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shock

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 1

Violet paused at the door, amused at what she heard. Her left hand poked at it gently, hoping to open it just enough to get a peek without getting caught while her right went to grab her phone. This was too good an opportunity to pass up.
Stealth check: 1d20+5 24
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex sighed and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

What was that little dumbass up to this time?

"I'd listen to her. Last time she yelled like that she sent somebody flying twenty feet," Lex called out with a lazy drawl as he made his way over, "And you don't heal as fast as the last guy."
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
Cnd: Fine

Otso breathed a sigh of relief when Beatrice picked up the phone. His breath caught in his throat when she went to answer the door.

When he heard it was Robyn he couldn't supress his confusion. <<"What the heck does she want now?">>

He still didn't know Robyn well and didn't have a good impression of her. As he listened, Otso hid the bagged gun under the back of his pants waistline under his shirt and headed out towards the girls' dorm. He had a bad feeling about this and needed to move fast.
Last edited by McGuffin on Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
Condition: Normal

It was good to see that Shelby still had her appetite as sometimes Tamati wondered if Shelby ate enough during the day. In fact he was impressed with the breakfast she had made for herself, almost as much as what he was getting for himself well apart from the maple syrup on the French Toast who would ruin French Toast like that?
Lost in his thoughts, Tamati was startled when someone sat down next to him. It was Robyn Goodfellow, a girl who had joined the school at the start of the new year. He didn’t know her well, but rumor was she was dating Dennis, the illusionist who had taken part in the battle against the Armada.

“Eating your feelings?” Robyn asked. “Keep that up and you’ll be as fat as Helen.” She pointed to the thick senior who hailed from the dimension Jason had sacrificed.
"Hey steady on that's uncalled for.. Shelby's perfect." Tamati managed to get out surprised that someone they really didn't know would even say something like that.
“Do you need something?” asked an annoyed Shelby.

“I’m playing matchmaker today,” Robyn said. “Want me to use a magical potion to make your parents fall in love?”
Looking at Robyn in disbelief Tamati tried to catch Shelby's eye, he should wait for Shelby to reply but he couldn't help himself

"Love potions really?"
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

'Robyn' gave Beatrice a nod. "Can I come in?" 'She' asked softly.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Michuru

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Michuru »

NVAE, MAIN ENTRANCE (Dwight Kowalski; Roger Murphy, Stephanie Yavorshak)
“I believe he’s expecting me. My name is Dwight Kowalski.”

Stephanie trembled. “As in… Matt Kowalski?”

Dwight nodded glumly. “My brother,” he said.

Stephanie sighed. “He was my step-father,” she said.

That seemed to take Dwight back.

Stephanie offered out her hand in greeting. “I’m Stephanie Yavorshak. I can show you to the headmaster’s office.”

“I’ll go with you,” Roger said.

Stephanie raised a hand to him. “It’s all right, Mister Murphy.” The formality stung. “Like I said, I’ll have Peter get ahold of you.” That hurt more: he was “Mister Murphy”, but the school’s chaplain was “Peter”? “Have a good day.”

As she retreated, Roger began to grind his teeth. There was a part of him who knew what had just been said: Dwight was Matt’s brother; Matt had been married to Stephanie’s mother. That made them as good as niece and uncle. They were related… kind of… but Roger couldn’t help but feel jealous.

He had to be with Stephanie. He had to have her. If Dwight was going to get in his way, Roger was going to have to deal with him…

NVAE, GIRLS’ DORMS (Dennis; NPCs: Beatrice)
“Can I come in?”

Beatrice held the door open and stepped aside. “Is zis going to take long?” she asked. “I ‘ave plans to meet my boyfriend for breakfast…”

NVAE, BOYS’ DORMS (Otso)
Otso listened in on the phone, eavesdropping on his girlfriend’s conversation with Robyn…

NVAE, FRONT QUAD (Lex; NPCs: Kirstie, Steven)
“Right on cue,” Steven spat. “My big brother—always ready to take things away from me. He took away my home, my friends, my father…” He turned and looked to Kirstie. “I won’t let him take you, my love.”

Kirstie looked helplessly to Lex. “What the bloody hell is going on?” she asked.

Steven grabbed her hand. “I love you, Kirstie. I always have. If it took losing everything to find you, it will have been worth it.”

NVAE, MAIN OFFICE (Violet; NPCs: Lillian Murphy, Newton)
Opening the door a smidge, Violet saw the headmaster cornered by the office administrator. One of her arms was on the wall beside him, keeping him from escaping. “Missus Murphy,” he said, “if you’re not feeling well, perhaps a visit to Doctor Bacon-”

“I’d hate to bother him. Why don’t you give me an exam instead?”

“Er, well, I’m not a doctor…”

“I suppose I could give you one.” The woman grabbed the headmaster’s crotch with her free hand.

Sir Newton’s hands flew down to hers and fought to get her to release him. “Madam, you’re not acting like yourself. I fear you may be under some sort of psychic assault-”

“I’m not,” she said. “I’m just free, Isaac. For years, my husband lied to me about what he was. Thanks to him, I had to leave my home—my friends and family… I was kidnapped by terrorists because of him. I had an explosive device surgically implanted in me because of him. My son is miserable because of him.

“You, though? You’re a good man. You’re a caring man. You’re a gentle man. You’re someone I could spend the rest of my life with.”

As she moved to kiss him, the headmaster pushed her away. “Missus Murphy!” he shouted, dispensing with any sense of sincerity, “this is not professional behavior! I insist that you return to your residence until it can be determined what is to be done with you.”
That’s an impossible roll for Lilian. Newton has a slight chance: Newton - Notice - DC 24: 1d20+5 16 Nope! No one notices!
NVAE, BOYS’ DORM (Jack; NPCs: J.R.)
J.R. rolled his eyes at Jack. “Yeah,” he said sarcastically, “I’ll get right on that.” He moved to shut the door on the American.

NVAE, CAFETERIA (Tamati; NPCs: Shelby)
“Love potions?” Tamati asked. “Really?”

“My card.” Robyn set a copy of William Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream on the table. “You don’t believe me? Here.”

Robyn floated out of the seat that she hadn’t really been sitting in. Tamati couldn’t recall ever actually seeing the girl’s feet touch the floor or her seat in a seat. She always seemed to just sort of… hover... over whatever surface she was on.

She made her way down the table, to where some of the freshmen boys were eating. Despite their surnames, Tamati had learned that Patrick Brown and Royce Brown were not related. Patrick was an Esper who could act as a language bridge any two people he touched; Royce was a Neo-Sapien who could make animals grow. With them was Barney Balough, a Hungarian boy who could create blue flames and transform into a snake.

Today was only the first full day of classes and already friendships were being formed. It was kind of nice to see that despite the horrors he had encountered yesterday, there was some measure of good in this world.

“Hey there, boys,” Robyn said as she leaned over the table. “Do you think I should leave this button unbuttoned or buttoned?”

As she flashed them a look at her cleavage, she shook a flower over Royce’s glass of orange juice. The boys made clumsy advances; Robyn smiled, thanked them, and floated back to where Tamati and Shelby were sitting.

Royce took a drink of orange juice and then set it down slowly. He smiled at the boy sitting across from him—at Patrick Brown. He reached across the table, put his hand over Patrick’s, and winked.

Patrick ripped his hand away. He was out of his seat in a flash. He dove across the table and punched the other teen in the eye. As the rest of the room moved to break them up, Robyn grinned at Shelby. “So, what do you say? Want me to make your mom and dad fall in love?”

NVAE, GIRLS’ DORM (Martin; NPCs: Tatjana)
“I know the situation is weird—there being two Shelbys and all—but Big Shelby has been such a sweetheart. She’s been babysitting Little Shelby to give Sarah alone time. This trial has been weighing on her and she’s been using that time to process this. Big Shelby is a part of our family, and I don’t agree with holding her back… but Viktor and Mira don’t know about her, Martin. I mean, Sarah’s lawyer said that the DeGallows may try to use the violence in the refugee camp to their advantage—saying Vienna isn’t safe and Little Shelby will be better off in Spain… Maybe Big Shelby’s status as a refugee just makes that case for them?

“Uncle Terry said it’s because we can’t really prove Big Shelby’s identity. Sure, you were able to tell just by touching them that they’re the same person, but… how do we prove that? Even if they swab the inside of their cheeks, the DeGallows can just say that we faked it. Viktor and Mira know about you; they’ll just say that you changed the results. I mean, there’s no legal precedent for someone’s future self testifying in their own custody hearing. Who would believe us if we said Big Shelby was who she is?”

Tatjana looked like she wanted to scream, but she had been showing more and more restraint lately. Her medications were really helping. “Viktor has money. Sarah’s still a child. He’s going to win this. He’s going to take Little Shelby away and Sarah is going to be devastated.” The redhead sighed. “There has to be something we can do…”
Love Potion Victims
  • Roger Murphy > Stephanie Yavorshak
  • Lilian Murphy > Isaac Newton
  • Steven Murphy > Kirstie Arnett
  • Royce Brown > Patrick Brown
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa

Otso could feel his heart pounding in his chest as he broke into a run towards Beatrice's room. Three's whole M.O. was using middlemen.

<<"Three may be on the move. Be careful, I'll be there soon.">>
Tattooedman

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 5
J.R. rolled his eyes at Jack. “Yeah,” he said sarcastically, “I’ll get right on that.” He moved to shut the door on the American.

Jack stuck his foot in the closing door. "Yeah, you will." He then pushed his way into the room. "See, I want to be friends. I really do, but you're upsetting Ellen and I ain't gonna let that go. Now this stubborn streak you're pulling is making it hard for me to take care of her and be friends with you. I'm willing to talk things out, but you're trying my patience."

"You wanna be pissed at me because you're "Mom and Dad" ain't together here because she's dating me? Fine, that ain't how it went down. Though you oughta try talking to us, all of us, to find out why. Keep up what you're doing and I'll give you a reason to be pissed at me."
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear

Oh this was just too much. Violet lost control and snickered loudly. But not before she got a good picture of the proceedings. "Do you uh...heh, need a hand Mr Newton. Er... I mean, another hand?"
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago

"Hopefully not."

Otso realized the voice on the other end wasn't Robyn, it was Dennis!

Dennis took the door and closed it behind him. Once it was shut, 'Robyn' leaned back against the door. "Otso's on that phone call, isn't he? That's fine. Better to have him listen in and avoid any misunderstandings."

"Who taught you magic, Beatrice? And don't say 'no one.' We both know it doesn't work that way."
Games
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex looks at Steven incredulously, "uh, I think he's lost his ever loving mind?"

"Uh, Steven? Don't you already got a girlfriend in England?"
He asks, "And, ya know, hate neos?"
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa

"Dennis? What the bloody hell do you think you're doing!? Did Robyn put you up to this?"

Far from being reassured, Otso instead tightened his pace. Dennis's questions made him think this wasn't about Three but that served to clarify little else for him.

Why was the world-displaced Swiss so keen on finding out about magic? Was it because of what had happened on his own world? Or had his girlfriend put him up to this? But what was her motive?
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago

Not an auspicious start. Dennis dropped the disguise and then put up another sphere of illusion to prevent their conversation from being heard outside.

"I was hoping you would just listen in, Otso, and no. There probably is no good way to say this: Martin and I" hopefully mentioning the Frenchman's name and his thoughtful reputation would make Otso pause, "believe that Beatrice learned her magic from someone - be it the Faustians or a third party - that were involved in the recent removal of a number of seals the Aurelius had placed to protect the school. And that she herself possibly may have been involved as well."
Games
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Michuru wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:47 pm NVAE, GIRLS’ DORM (Martin; NPCs: Tatjana)
“I know the situation is weird—there being two Shelbys and all—but Big Shelby has been such a sweetheart. She’s been babysitting Little Shelby to give Sarah alone time. This trial has been weighing on her and she’s been using that time to process this. Big Shelby is a part of our family, and I don’t agree with holding her back… but Viktor and Mira don’t know about her, Martin. I mean, Sarah’s lawyer said that the DeGallows may try to use the violence in the refugee camp to their advantage—saying Vienna isn’t safe and Little Shelby will be better off in Spain… Maybe Big Shelby’s status as a refugee just makes that case for them?

“Uncle Terry said it’s because we can’t really prove Big Shelby’s identity. Sure, you were able to tell just by touching them that they’re the same person, but… how do we prove that? Even if they swab the inside of their cheeks, the DeGallows can just say that we faked it. Viktor and Mira know about you; they’ll just say that you changed the results. I mean, there’s no legal precedent for someone’s future self testifying in their own custody hearing. Who would believe us if we said Big Shelby was who she is?”

Tatjana looked like she wanted to scream, but she had been showing more and more restraint lately. Her medications were really helping. “Viktor has money. Sarah’s still a child. He’s going to win this. He’s going to take Little Shelby away and Sarah is going to be devastated.” The redhead sighed. “There has to be something we can do…”
Martin scrunched up his eyes. "Zey can take any number of cells to prove identity, even fingerprints and dental would work to confirm identity. Zese zings even I could not fake." Martin considered. "Okay, I could not fake zem easily." He thought a moment more. "Well, okay, but... ze entire legal system can't stop working because of powers." And indeed, he'd seen that it hadn't. Emily Adler, a psychic, had made Mr. Nelson assault her in front of witnesses but the courts had no recourse. There were many who could appear to be another person but video footage of perpetrators committing crimes was still considered evidence due to the fact that humans depended on their sense of sight so heavily.....

Wait, maybe that was it.

Caballero.

There had to be recordings of his crimes and he looked just like Viktor, surely even he employed the same powers which would show that it wasn't a shapeshifter doing it. Martin explained this to Tatjana. "...and if we can show those recordings we can at least cast doubt on Viktor as a suitable guardian - knowing that there is an evil doppleganger that can step in to your life must be, at ze very least, a red flag for guardianship."

"I'm going to contact Dunhurst. Ze were assembling dossiers on dangerous Neo-Sapiens, zey likely already 'ave much of zis footage." Martin sends a texts marked URGENT to his contact information for the man.

A courtroom scene played before Martin's mind's eye:

'Are you Viktor Degallow?' a scoff and an affirmative.

'Were you born a twin?' a confused negative.

'Describe your powers.' a pleased boast since obviously his powers would let him protect his baby better.

'Then can you explain this?' Show the recordings and watch as Viktor has to backtrack, without proof one way or the other. Oh sure, many witnesses can be called to support that there *was* a multidimentional duplicate, even Martin himself, but no one can attest, with a 100% certainty, that the man in the recordings was either Impasse or Caballero.

They had a plan.
"Something pithy this way comes."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa

Dennis was giving voice to some of his own worst fears and yet...

"So what? Whether any of what you just said is true or not, nothing changes for me. I'll still stand by her side no matter what and if she's broken something I'll help her fix it."