Dragon's Den

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
kenmadragon

Re: Dragon's Den

Post by kenmadragon »

ANUBIS
Origin: Gimmick

Prowess 4
Coordination 3
Strength 4/7
Intellect 6
Awareness 5
Willpower 4

Powers:
Ability Increase (Strength) Device 7 [extras: Blast 7 (extras: Burst; limits: Burst Only), Flight Increase 7; limits: Exclusive]
Alter Ego Device 3
Damage Resistance Device 4
Flight Device 1
Life Support 8 (Breathing, Cold, Disease, Heat, Pressure, Radiation, Toxins, Vacuum)
Super-Senses 2 (Dark Vision, Ultra Hearing)

Specialties:
Aerial Combat
Science
Technology Expert

Stamina 8 (11)
Determination 1

Qualities:
Advanced Nanobot Universal Biologic Interface System
Wealthy Scientist and Inventor
My Life Depends On My Technology

Original Character by BuckeyeFan

Notes: Anubis is the other tech-genius of the heroes. He's 'slightly smarter' than Gizmo Girl, but only due to his nano-technology augmenting his brilliance (6 intelligence without neural net), and a more general skill set than Gizmo Girl's focused intelligence. Anubis relies upon the nanotechnology system he created to keep him alive (Iron Man style), and with it can make himself a lot like a paragon.

His only problem? He can't fly fast and be strong and fire a chest beam all at once - only one at a time (that's what the Exclusive limit does). Note that when he's not augmenting his Strength, his Strength goes to 4 (with nano-tech, 3 with out any), but this doesn't affect his Stamina totals. By the rules, his Stamina should be affected by the fact his Strength score is Exclusive, but it's less book keeping if you ignore the rule. Despite this need to manage his powers cleverly, he operates much like other paragons, with the benefit of incredible intelligence as well.

Also, he's got that whole Egyptian-mythology shtick going for him: ANUBIS, ISIS, SET, BAST, etc.

He can get a lot of trouble from the fact that Anubis pretends to be a dude in a suit working for Martin Stevenson, when the truth is that it's actually Martin in the suit, as well the fact that he's got a revolutionary design for nanotechnology, and that without the nanobots, he'd be dead in minutes. Power-Nullification is not Anubis' friend as his nanobots literally keep his heart beating. This is also the reason why not ALL of his powers are considered "Devices" that can be removed (which by descriptor is "ripped off painfully and scattered to pieces). The nano-bots that are constantly active in his body that provide him with several passive benefits are considered to be "permanent" powers that he "inherently" possesses.

Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Been a while- what's next?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Celestial? I mean, I've had her write-up for a while, just couldn't find a picture to go with it. I mean, I could post the build without an image, but it wouldn't feel right when I'm trying to find images for everyone, you know?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, this is a neat thread with cool art, but I can definitely share your frustration in being unable to come up with a good "look" for an OC. Especially because I can DRAW them, and still draw a blank :).

I'm still grateful for all your advice in the "Hindu Gods" bit on my thread- I was almost hoping to see you comment about India for my "Foreigners" thread, but then I realized it was like two forgettable Jobbers and one character who didn't even get a build :).
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

I probably wasn't paying attention at the time, Jab, so I have no clue what you're talking about. You're welcome for the advice though - its difficult to explain a lot of that stuff to someone who didn't grow up in the culture, but if several years at a Catholic school while being a Hindu taught me anything, it's that everyone could do with learning about other cultures and faiths.

Honestly, there was an entire course about it.

But yeah, cool art is ridiculously difficult to find. I mean, it's also hard because I can't remember where the costume was actually "described". I mean, all I remember was that it was based off a blue costume the character had stolen from a Vegas show as an impromptu disguise, that served as the inspiration for the superhero costume. Basically a blue costume that's sorta like a leotard/corset, and she's got a domino mask and a wig on (never remember the color).

I'll ask again in the Neotropolis thread, see if Cap responds with details that can help us look.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

ah, it was for my "Foreigners" set last month- here's my "Brief History" section on Asia:

viewtopic.php?p=35996#p35996