The Multiverse in My Head: Fantastic Victoriana [On the Trail of the Pumpkin King]

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MacynSnow

Re: The Multiverse in My Head: Los Dorados [The Tongs]

Post by MacynSnow »

Yojimbo wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:38 pm Honey Brown
All Honey wanted to do when she was a kid was sing. But when her mutant abilities manifested in her teenage years, that dream was put on hold. It took her a long while before she could even talk without shattering anyone’s eardrums. Singing again took a lot more practice. In the meantime, she found a way to make ends meet by taking up trucking. Her uncle helped her get her the loan for her first truck, but she is now the sole owner of her rig, the Torch Song Express.

The solitude of the open road suits her. While she still maintains a residence in Los Dorados, she spends most of her time crossing the country delivering goods. On occasion, she has done some smuggling, but she’s very careful not to learn what she’s carrying and not to carry anything too big or noticeable. She likes the money and isn’t afraid of the risk of getting caught, but she doesn’t fancy becoming a career criminal.

Now that she has her voice under control, Honey has started doing open mic nights and thinking about her next step. Try to become a Youtube sensation or build a studio in her house and make an album?
PL: 10
Abilities: STR: 14 (+2) DEX: 18 (+4) CON: 16 (+3) INT: 14 (+2) WIS: 14 (+2) CHR: 16 (+3)
Skills: Bluff 4 (+7)
Craft: Mechanical 4 (+6)
Diplomacy 8 (+11)
Drive 8 (+12)
Gather Information 4 (+7)
Intimidate 4 (+7)
Knowledge: Streetwise 8 (+10)
Notice 4 (+6)
Perform: Singing 8 (+11)
Sense Motive 4 (+6)
Feats: Beautiful Voice [Perform (Singing)]
Combat Driver [Ground]
Defensive Roll 4
Hardy
Improved Initiative 1
Improvised Weapons 4
Luck 1
Power Attack
Tough 3
Well-Informed
Equipment 5 [Cell Phone, First Aid Kit, GPS Receiver, Multi-Tool, Toolkit (Basic), Vehicle: Torch Song Express]
Powers: Concealment 2 [All Aural Senses]

"The Voice" Sonic Control 10
  • AP: “Shout” Blast 10
  • AP: “Big Shout” Blast 10 [Area (Cone), Range (Touch)]
  • AP: “Roar” Move Object 10 [Limited Direction (Away)]
  • AP: “Sonic Punch” Strike 8 [Mighty]
Combat: Attack +10 [Blast DC 25, Improvised Weapons DC 21, Sonic Control DC 20, Strike DC 25, Unarmed DC 17], Defense +10, Init +8
Saves: Toughness +6/+10, Fortitude +6, Reflex +8, Will +8
Description: Honey is a tall and athletically built African American woman. She wears her long hair in braids for the most part, usually tying them up when driving but letting them hang loose around her shoulders when on stage. Her typical dress is a red leather jacket, blue jeans, and workboots, but she likes to dress up when clubbing. She’s at ease in the rough and tumble world of truckers or in the showy, artificial world of nightclubs, and she can take a punch or throw one with equal skill. Over the years she’s learned how to turn almost anything into a serviceable weapon; a lot of people aren’t impressed when a pretty black woman drives a rig into town. Her mutant ability is based around her voice. The power first manifested as a sonic boom could deafen anyone around her, but over the years as she’s practiced with it and forced herself to gain mastery over her power, she’s learned a few other tricks. She’s developed a focused shout that can punch a hole through steel plate, or a wider angle big shout that can knock a crowd a people on their butts. With a roar, she can push anything up to and equally heavy as a truck away from her just with sound waves. She can also focus her voice to lend punching power to her fists, or use her power to make all of the sounds she makes completely disappear.
Torch Song Express (Semi)
Honey drives a modified hybrid Semi truck with an orange and gold paint job with chrome accents. The doors are emblazoned with the truck’s name and the image of a flaming torch. Honey has tweaked its performance and options, even providing it a few weapon systems (or at least, nuisance systems) for when things go pear shaped.
STR: 45 (+17), Toughness: +11, Defense: -4, Size: Gargantuan
Features: Alarm 1, Caltrops, Hidden Compartments 2, Navigation System 1, Nitro Injectors, Off Road Movement, Oil Slick, Remote Control, Smokescreen, Tire Inflators
Powers: Speed 5 [250 mph, 2200 ft./rnd]

Under the Hood
MacynSnow asked for a "Jack Burton" type, so here she is. A trucker with a heart of gold, Honey is likely to get herself in trouble doing some kind of smuggling job and need help extricating herself. She's neither hero nor villain, but she's essentially a good person who will do the right thing when push comes to shove. The singing and performing are there to provide some flavor, and maybe have her appear in scenes that you wouldn't normally expect a tough as nails trucker. She probably didn't need mutant powers, but I figure anyone who wants to stick around in Los Dorados needs some kind of advantage, and her sonic powers give her that advantage. But like Black Canary, she uses her Voice as a last resort, preferring to settle disputes with words or a chair leg instead.

One of the themes of Los Dorados is diversity. I tried to make a setting where all the principal characters are not pasty white dudes, but as I looked around while posting the last few weeks, I realized I had no black women in the setting. That was an oversight on my part. Honey Brown is an attempt to correct that, and provide an archetype that was previously missing. She's a rogue element, an occasional presence in the city because her profession often takes her far afield, but she can also conceivably be working with any number of factions. Maybe she's smuggling something for the Tongs, maybe she's helping Cobra take down some drug dealers because her nephew is involved. And so on.
Thank you for the late birthday gift! Now i feel that proper Big Trouble in Little China-like quality to the LD(now all we need is Tango & Cash to complete my Action movie junkie fix......)... :D
Yojimbo

Re: The Multiverse in My Head

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yojimbo

The Multiverse in My Head

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoid

Re: The Multiverse in My Head: Los Dorados [The Maksimov Family]

Post by Hoid »

Yay! Russian gangsters! I’m running an offline game (set in a much more traditional supers multiverse of my own design than the Forever Tree!), and my players’ve grown to loathe the Russian mob.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoid

Re: The Multiverse in My Head: Los Dorados [The Maksimov Family]

Post by Hoid »

In my campaign, the Russian mob was led by several individuals—-the most fearsome of which went by the name ‘Tsar Bomba’. Just a mundane human, Tsar Bomba gave my players hell before they finally took him down. Several street-level supervillains worked for him, and Tsar Bomba even briefly had control over a highly toxic——and ultimately fatal—-drug that gave the imbiber genuine, low-tier superpowers.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yojimbo

Post by Yojimbo »

Last edited by Yojimbo on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.