New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Michuru

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Post by Michuru »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:48 pm Energy forms (unlike Insubstantial 4) can usually only pass through things that their energy can be conducted through - Light can't pass through anything opaque, electricity needs a conductive material, fire can't pass anything thing that doesn't get hot on both sides.

As the Energy form of Hellfire, he can pass through anything that Hellfire can pass through. If hellfire can pass through solid ceilings and walls then that means interesting things. Can the Hellfire Blasts and bursts? When we saw the burst of Hellfire in the car was it stopped by doors and roof of the vehicle? (I know you've had Deimos use his ephemeral hellfire weapon to bypass Portal's armor).

Now, you could have there be vents or cracks and such that he could have passed through. Or his form could come with levels of Permeate. Or Hellfire might just be able to pass through masonry (or whatever the ceiling is made out of). Makes sense why Domingo chose this as a hideout. Just things to consider.
Honestly, the most interesting part (to me) was where I realized that him selecting this power sort of locks him out of choosing any others. When someone changes forms, one of two things happens with regards to their clothes: either their clothes change with them, or they drop out of them. Someone like Felsic has a special onesie made by Entier that doesn't burn when she uses her abilities; meanwhile, Hourglass and Fathom have their uniform change with them they transform, but regular clothes do not. Fluxx can essentially do what he wants as his uniform is sort of a part of him, but Tamati? Given how Fathom has been handled, I don't think it's a stretch to believe that he doesn't randomly end up naked. Same goes for Rheid.

I'm digressing though. Domingo just transformed. His clothes transformed with him (as I didn't consider them falling to the ground), so... there goes the jerky he's carrying. Even if he had some on the counter, how would he pick it up? How would he eat it? By going insubstantial, he's prevented himself from eating, and thus, getting more powers.

As far as the density of hellfire, I sort of coped out on this years ago. I realized that I had moments where it was blocked by solid objects (like stabbing someone with a hellfire sword and making them bleed or using hellfire to fabricate solid objects) and moments where it was not (Deimos slicing through Portal's armor). I think I establish somewhere that it's based on the user's will--that in it's natural state it's a form of psionic energy that some Nephilim can force to become a solid object. Sure, that opens the door that if hellfire is psionic, can someone with an immunity to mental effects become immune?

In this instance, I'm basing this on a local butcher's shop with an apartment above it. While the butcher I favor has a high ceiling with exposed ventilation and no real opening in the ceiling (because it's just the roof), another features a drop ceiling. It's an old building, so... wooden floor over that. Going off that, Domingo is effectively dissipating through the openings in the ceiling, floor, and viola.

I'd rather not open another can of worms with a Nephilim firing a jet of hellfire at a target, missing, and that blast going on infinitely until it strikes organic matter. :-p
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Shock

Post by Shock »

Hellfire works however is dramatically appropriate. Makes sense to me ;}
Shock

Post by Shock »

Happy American Thanksgiving to all. And safe travels to all who are traveling
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Shock wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:08 pm Happy American Thanksgiving to all. And safe travels to all who are traveling
Ditto.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Happy holiday for the turkey appreciation day :D
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Happy Turkeyday to all, thank you all for being a part of this game.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Happy Thanksgiving guys. Hopefully we left enough turkeys for you! ;~)
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Sorry about the delay, apparently my work mistook me for TM and has been running me into the ground recently.

On the bright side Coyotecode doesn't think I'm TM ;~)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Hey everyone- Horsenhero wanted me to let everyone know he's having computer troubles (Norton won't let him get on this site, apparently), so might be a while.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Thanks, Jab!

Sorry for the delay, everyone! I took a small trip and my body is still under the impression that it's EST. I will get a very past due update up shortly!
Shock

Post by Shock »

But it IS EST ;}

Did you have a nice trip?
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Shock wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:40 pm But it IS EST ;}
I misspoke. I went to the other coast. My body thinks it's PST at the moment. :(
Bittersweet. The trip itself was great. I literally went from splashing about in the bay to hiking a snowy path up. I stood on the edge of a cliff a few hundred feet above the ground. I crossed a suspension bridge. I got up close and personal with a one-eyed sea lion. I went on a date and a stranger trusted us with her baby that we may or may not have considered raising as our own. I swam. A lot. I was assaulted by birds. My tickling the keys of a piano received a round of applause from a group of strangers. I was on a boat. Twice. I was dangled in the air and had water thrown in my face.

It was pretty awesome and confusing and frustrating all at the same time, and in the end, I'd rather not have left.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Michuru wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:11 pm
Shock wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:40 pm But it IS EST ;}
I misspoke. I went to the other coast. My body thinks it's PST at the moment. :(
Bittersweet. The trip itself was great. I literally went from splashing about in the bay to hiking a snowy path up. I stood on the edge of a cliff a few hundred feet above the ground. I crossed a suspension bridge. I got up close and personal with a one-eyed sea lion. I went on a date and a stranger trusted us with her baby that we may or may not have considered raising as our own. I swam. A lot. I was assaulted by birds. My tickling the keys of a piano received a round of applause from a group of strangers. I was on a boat. Twice. I was dangled in the air and had water thrown in my face.

It was pretty awesome and confusing and frustrating all at the same time, and in the end, I'd rather not have left.
Sounds like a great trip, welcome back! :) I'm muddling through one final exam tomorrow afternoon/evening, then I'll have me some semblance of a holiday.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Merry Christmas everyone! :D
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :mrgreen: