Jab’s Builds! (Lawnmower Man! Samus Aran! Metroids!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Weapon: P.R.I.M.E.

Post by Jabroniville »

You young 'uns think LIEFELD was bad? In the 1990s, we had bad Liefeld IMITATORS.

WEAPON: P.R.I.M.E.:

The X-Force series in the early '90s was wonderful fun for me as a comic book reader of about 12-14years of age. It started out pretty damn stupid, with Rob Liefeld's plotting and art being oh, so dated (though it's fun to read just for that, to be honest), and everything was all EXTREEEEME with guys running around just hacking each other apart, and new characters being introduced every single issue, straight off the pages of Robbie's sketchbooks (a similar problem befouled most of the early Image stuff in the '90s as well). When Fabian Nicieza took over full plotting with the Image X-odus, and had a fresh group of hot young artists (Greg Capullo & Tony Daniel mainly), things got a whole lot better. Cable became more of a father-figure than an insanely-violent hard-ass, Cannonball became a strong leader, Shatterstar gained a personality instead of just being Captain Stabby, Warpath was less of an angry stereotype, etc. It still comes across as fairly generic and sometimes silly today, and wasn't A-level storytelling by any means, but it was neat and I still get nostalgic for it.

Weapon: P.R.I.M.E. (PRototype Induced Mutation Echelon, as it was revealed later, and I'm sure you were DYING to know the acronym) was part of the Liefeld years, with Nicieza left to pick up the pieces later. See, when the book was still "The New Mutants", we saw the introduction of Cable and the Mutant Liberation Front that hunted him, as Liefeld just kept COMING UP with stuff to put into the once-dying book after it was drilled into the ground by the Simonson/Blevins creative team of doom. But then we got introduced to even MORE guys, like Deadpool, Domino & Gideon. When the book was re-tooled as X-Force, our first issue saw G.W. Bridge, a high-end guy at S.H.I.E.L.D., dealing with the aftermath of an X-Force op and talk about how he used to know Cable and that he was hunting him now and stuff. He calls in "Weapon X", and we meet a whole new group of guys devoted to hunting down Cable:

-Bridge, an old teammate from their "Six Pack/Wild Pack" days, now with the backing of S.H.I.E.L.D. now that he's no longer a mercenary. He is the basis for Chapel, a carbon-copy Liefeld made for his Image books.
-Garrison Kane, another Six Pack guy, now a cyborg after he was badly injured thanks to Cable during the group's last op. He's now the new "Weapon X" and wears the ugliest red vest you've ever seen.
-Grizzly, the last Six Pack guy left (Domino is another, and Hammer is a paraplegic spy-aide now). He's an enormous red mutant with guns (because it was the '90s).
-Rictor, formerly of the New Mutants. He quit the team to look for Wolfsbane, but now they retrofitted a bad past- Cable apparently murdered his father (since we know Stryfe looks like Cable by this point, the true story isn't hard to figure out)
-Tygerstryke, a generic background goon and Canadian mutant.
-The Yeti, who is clearly a Wendigo with an inhibitor collar on, meant to do Canada's bidding.

This was HEAVILY planned-out and built-up over the course of a year (12 issues), with us getting more and more info in each story, but Rob Liefeld quitting the book threw a wrench into the plans. You could practically FEEL Fabian Nicieza just want to deal with all that crap right away, and so we had the big "WP vs. X-Force" brawl take place in a SINGLE ISSUE, with Bridge's crew flying right in and blowing into X-Force's temporary base. And after all this planning, all this money... and they basically got their asses kicked. Tygerstryke & Yeti were easily defeated by Siryn & Feral, respectively. Rictor talked big and threatened his old teammates, but eventually defected. Kane got his arm chopped off, but managed to take out Shatterstar. Grizzly got KO'd by Warpath pretty handily. And then Cable shot Bridge up, taunted him while looking like the Terminator (half-metal skull face and all), and then their base exploded thanks to Tolliver. All in one issue.

The fall-out: Most of Weapon: P.R.I.M.E. disbands; Bridge quits S.H.I.E.L.D. in a huff, Grizzly & Yeti go missing, and Kane does his own thing after that. We don't see them for over a year (a lifetime in the X-books of the day), and only in a sub-plot. Domino & Grizzly meet back up after all these years, and decide to go traipsing around for the missing Cable & X-Force. They end up in Canada, where it turns out Weapon: P.R.I.M.E. is active as a group of government-based operatives now led by Tygerstryke! The group now consists of whatever designs Greg Capullo felt like tossing out, as 'Stryke is joined by Yeti again, plus Double Trouble (a duo of plasma-wielding mutants) and Killjoy (a generic blade-wielder). They get all of one page of introduction before everything is casually mopped-up and Dom & Griz escape, and that's it for this team.

Their final appearance is in the pages of that god-awful "See! A Gay Superhero! Too bad we can't think of anything good to write about him!" Northstar Limited Series, when Tygerstryke leads the squad in on the Alpha Flight mutant. And that's it. An entire year of build-up for this epic X-Force-beating team, and they get mopped up in a single issue, and are generic background jobbers in another couple. Comics are so weird sometimes.

These guys just SCREAM "jobber". Bridge is just a generic soldier/merc guy with an issue, Kane is god-awful both in design and power-set ("My arms can come off!"), Grizzly is so '90s it's not even funny (mutant powers PLUS guns), Yeti is a devalued cool background villain, Tygerstryke is nothing, and the others are just costumes with no personality attached. They are a classic case of "Nineties Villain Team", something that befell The Acolytes, The Mutant Liberation Front, and the Dark Riders, among others (virtually every single Image book featured this as well). They all have the same stuff in common: A bunch of thugs with little personality, meant to oppose the heroes directly. Most of them are just a unique costume idea by the artist, with nothing attached to them. They usually have punny or "Death" oriented names. For some reason, the '90s was obsessed with having entire groups of guys for teams to fight, no matter what. And most teams had more than one or two of these groups fighting them! X-Force had the ENTIRE M.L.F., a gang of about fourteen characters, going after them, but then ALSO added in these guys!

Thus I must stat them. Suckiness of this magnitude should be rewarded.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 04, 2022 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (Brother Voodoo! Toni Ho! Haven! White Fox!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Oh, how I love terrible jobber villains, be they solo guys or whole groups of 'em. (something I probably picked up from reading the thread!) Nowadays, you'll only see guys like this if a writer decided to bring them back for a joke, like "Look how silly these guys are!" Like those times people brought back the Death-Throws or the Chessmen.
Jabroniville

G.W. Bridge

Post by Jabroniville »

GEORGE WASHINGTON "G.W." BRIDGE
Created By:
Fabian Nicieza & Rob Liefeld
First Appearance: X-Force #1 (Aug. 1991)
Role: Mirror-Image Villain (to Cable), Jobber Soldier
Group Affiliations: The Wild Pack/Six Pack, S.H.I.E.L.D., Weapon: P.R.I.M.E.
PL 9 (128)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+8)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Soldier) 11 (+14)
Expertise (Current Events) 6 (+9)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Investigation 5 (+8)
Perception 5 (+8)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 4 (+7)
Vehicles 5 (+9)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance), Contacts, Equipment 6 (Arsenal), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Rifle), Jack-of-All-Trades, Power Attack, Precise Attack 2 (Ranged/Cover & Concealment), Ranged Attack 6, Teamwork

Equipment:
"Bridge's Arsenal"
"Body Armour" Protection 3 (3)
Spy/Merc Gear (4)

"Blaster Rifle" Blast 7 (Extras: Multiattack) (21) -- (23)
  • AE: "Grenades" Blast 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Diminished Range) (20)
  • AE: "Knife" Strength-Damage +1 (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Knife +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Blaster Rifle +10 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Grenade +8 Area (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4 (+7 Armour), Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications:
Obsession (Hunting Cable)
Responsibility (Family, S.H.I.E.L.D.)

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 54--27 / Advantages: 23 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 12 (128)

-A former merc turned into a government yes-man, G.W. Bridge is set up as a recurring nemesis for Cable, with similar capabilities as far as military hardware goes, but it just never panned out. Carrying a huge grudge for Cable abandoning the Six Pack years ago, and after a year-long process setting up his crew, everything fell apart in a single issue, and he quit his job immediately following. Bridge would barely show up in the X-Books at all until he warmed to Cable over time, and around Operation: Zero Tolerance, he was actually giving him assistance! Also the once-gigantic, muscular dude suddenly became super-old and fat, quit, then rejoined S.H.I.E.L.D. He was sort of Marvel's go-to guy for mercenary/government military-stuff if it doesn't directly involve Nick Fury and his cronies, but that didn't save him- he was killed as part of a Punisher storyline by a revived (and evil) Microchip.

-Bridge is a good old-fashioned military man, packing PL 8.5 offense & PL 8 defense, so he's no match for the PL 9-10 crew of X-Force, but still quite dangerous, able to go with Accurate or Power Attack. He's built like a brick you-know-what (Cable's personal files describe him as "about thirty-two feet tall"), so he's no slouch in melee either. He's a good example of a high-level soldier/mercenary type of guy, packing a bit of power, but not TOO much. He's also a moderate Skillmonkey and a capable Agent, but again, beneath the Fury & Silver Sable crowd.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 04, 2022 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Brother Voodoo! Toni Ho! Haven! White Fox!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Also, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Morloth's Disney High comicccccccccccc!!!: https://www.deviantart.com/art/Assemblage-719747192

Look at Meg & Herc! LOOK AT THEM!!! It's so freaking cute!!!
DominusExMachina

Re: Weapon: P.R.I.M.E.

Post by DominusExMachina »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:19 pmImageImageImage

You young 'uns think LIEFELD was bad? In the 1990s, we had bad Liefeld IMITATORS.

WEAPON: P.R.I.M.E.:

The X-Force series in the early '90s was wonderful fun for me as a comic book reader of about 12-14years of age. It started out pretty damn stupid, with Rob Liefeld's plotting and art being oh, so dated (though it's fun to read just for that, to be honest), and everything was all EXTREEEEME with guys running around just hacking each other apart, and new characters being introduced every single issue, straight off the pages of Robbie's sketchbooks (a similar problem befouled most of the early Image stuff in the '90s as well). When Fabian Nicieza took over full plotting with the Image X-odus, and had a fresh group of hot young artists (Greg Capullo & Tony Daniel mainly), things got a whole lot better. Cable became more of a father-figure than an insanely-violent hard-ass, Cannonball became a strong leader, Shatterstar gained a personality instead of just being Captain Stabby, Warpath was less of an angry stereotype, etc. It still comes across as fairly generic and sometimes silly today, and wasn't A-level storytelling by any means, but it was neat and I still get nostalgic for it.

Weapon: P.R.I.M.E. (PRototype Induced Mutation Echelon, as it was revealed later, and I'm sure you were DYING to know the acronym) was part of the Liefeld years, with Nicieza left to pick up the pieces later. See, when the book was still "The New Mutants", we saw the introduction of Cable and the Mutant Liberation Front that hunted him, as Liefeld just kept COMING UP with stuff to put into the once-dying book after it was drilled into the ground by the Simonson/Blevins creative team of doom. But then we got introduced to even MORE guys, like Deadpool, Domino & Gideon. When the book was re-tooled as X-Force, our first issue saw G.W. Bridge, a high-end guy at S.H.I.E.L.D., dealing with the aftermath of an X-Force op and talk about how he used to know Cable and that he was hunting him now and stuff. He calls in "Weapon X", and we meet a whole new group of guys devoted to hunting down Cable:

-Bridge, an old teammate from their "Six Pack/Wild Pack" days, now with the backing of S.H.I.E.L.D. now that he's no longer a mecenary. He is the basis for Chapel, a carbon-copy Liefeld made for his Image books.
-Garrison Kane, another Six Pack guy, now a cyborg after he was badly injured thanks to Cable during the group's last op. He's now the new "Weapon X" and wears the ugliest red vest you've ever seen.
-Grizzly, the last Six Pack guy left (Domino is another, and Hammer is a paraplegic spy-aide now). He's an enormous red mutant with guns (because it was the '90s).
-Rictor, formerly of the New Mutants. He quit the team to look for Wolfsbane, but now they retrofitted a bad past- Cable apparently murdered his father (since we know Stryfe looks like Cable by this point, the true story isn't hard to figure out)
-Tygerstryke, a generic background goon and Canadian mutant.
-The Yeti, who is clearly a Wendigo with an inhibitor collar on, meant to do Canada's bidding.

This was HEAVILY planned-out and built-up over the course of a year (12 issues), with us getting more and more info in each story, but Rob Liefeld quitting the book threw a wrench into the plans. You could practically FEEL Fabian Nicieza just want to deal with all that crap right away, and so we had the big "WP vs. X-Force" brawl take place in a SINGLE ISSUE, with Bridge's crew flying right in and blowing into X-Force's temporary base. And after all this planning, all this money... and they basically got their asses kicked. Tygerstryke & Yeti were easily defeated by Siryn & Feral, respectively. Rictor talked big and threatened his old teammates, but eventually defected. Kane got his arm chopped off, but managed to take out Shatterstar. Grizzly got KO'd by Warpath pretty handily. And then Cable shot Bridge up, taunted him while looking like the Terminator (half-metal skull face and all), and then their base exploded thanks to Tolliver. All in one issue.

The fall-out: Most of Weapon: P.R.I.M.E. disbands; Bridge quits S.H.I.E.L.D. in a huff, Grizzly & Yeti go missing, and Kane does his own thing after that. We don't see them for over a year (a lifetime in the X-books of the day), and only in a sub-plot. Domino & Grizzly meet back up after all these years, and decide to go traipsing around for the missing Cable & X-Force. They end up in Canada, where it turns out Weapon: P.R.I.M.E. is active as a group of government-based operatives now led by Tygerstryke! The group now consists of whatever designs Greg Capullo felt like tossing out, as 'Stryke is joined by Yeti again, plus Double Trouble (a duo of plasma-wielding mutants) and Killjoy (a generic blade-wielder). They get all of one page of introduction before everything is casually mopped-up and Dom & Griz escape, and that's it for this team.

Their final appearance is in the pages of that god-awful "See! A Gay Superhero! Too bad we can't think of anything good to write about him!" Northstar Limited Series, when Tygerstryke leads the squad in on the Alpha Flight mutant. And that's it. An entire year of build-up for this epic X-Force-beating team, and they get mopped up in a single issue, and are generic background jobbers in another couple. Comics are so weird sometimes.

These guys just SCREAM "jobber". Bridge is just a generic soldier/merc guy with an issue, Kane is god-awful both in design and power-set ("My arms can come off!"), Grizzly is so '90s it's not even funny (mutant powers PLUS guns), Yeti is a devalued cool background villain, Tygerstryke is nothing, and the others are just costumes with no personality attached. They are a classic case of "Nineties Villain Team", something that befell The Acolytes, The Mutant Liberation Front, and the Dark Riders, among others (virtually every single Image book featured this as well). They all have the same stuff in common: A bunch of thugs with little personality, meant to oppose the heroes directly. Most of them are just a unique costume idea by the artist, with nothing attached to them. They usually have punny or "Death" oriented names. For some reason, the '90s was obsessed with having entire groups of guys for teams to fight, no matter what. And most teams had more than one or two of these groups fighting them! X-Force had the ENTIRE M.L.F., a gang of about fourteen characters, going after them, but then ALSO added in these guys!

Thus I must stat them. Suckiness of this magnitude should be rewarded.
Yet another reason why the '90s are known as the Dark Age of comics...

And NO, Jab, suckiness of this magnitude should NOT be rewarded: if anything, the purveyors of said suckiness should ultimately be shamed into the deepest, darkest depths of obscurity. But that's just me: I've long considered myself to be more of the "quality-over-quantity" and "originality-over-ubiquity" type when it comes to comic book characters...
Jabroniville

Grizzly (Winchester)

Post by Jabroniville »

GRIZZLY IV (Theodore Winchester)
Created By:
First Appearance: X-Force #8 (March 1992)
Role: The Big Guy, '90s Ideal, Gun Guy, Powers Plus Guns
Group Affiliations: The Wild Pack/Six Pack, Weapon: P.R.I.M.E.
PL 9 (135)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8)
Deception 3 (+5)
Expertise (Mercenary) 7 (+9)
Expertise (Current Events) 2 (+4)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 5 (+7/+9)
Investigation 4 (+6)
Perception 5 (+7)
Stealth 6 (+9, +5 Size)
Technology 2 (+4)
Vehicles 4 (+8)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Beginner's Luck, Equipment 6 (Arsenal), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Blasters), Jack-of-All-Trades, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Ranged Attack 6, Teamwork

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Animal-Like Physiology"
"Animal Senses" Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent) [2]
"Natural Size" Growth 4 (Str & Sta +4, +4 Mass, +2 Intimidation, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth) -- (12 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [9]

Equipment:
"Grizzly's Arsenal"
Spy/Merc Gear (3)

"Twin Blasters" Blast 8 (Extras: Multiattack) (24) -- (27)
  • AE: "Grenades" Blast 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Diminished Range) (20)
  • AE: "Power Rifle" Blast 8 (Feats: Improved Critical, Increased Range) (18)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Guns +10 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Grenades +8 Area (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +9, Fortitude +11, Will +5

Complications:
Enemy (Cable)

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 20 / Powers: 11 / Defenses: 16 (135)

-Grizzly is a weird design, and it took them a while to nail down his character. A big, red-skinned hairy guy with a big lion's mane of hair, he was a cold-hearted, hateful mercenary who got burned by Cable, and egged on the X-Force kids to dump Cable before he did the same to them. He ended up in the token "Team Strong Guy" with Warpath, but that really didn't go his way, as James Proudstar did some of his classic Fabian Nicieza-written back-talk he did so well ("You invade MY home, and tell me you don't have a problem with me? Well TOUGH- howzabout *I* got a problem with *you*!"), out-muscled Griz, and knocked his ass out cold. Despite talking tough here, he was more of a whiner and jokester (both in a flashback earlier on, and later in a story with Domino), where he fought against the NEW Weapon: P.R.I.M.E., talking about how he was never really close with the old group. And that was his second-last appearance, as he showed up in Cable's own series, where he was mind-controlled by Cable's son "Genesis", and had to be put down by his old pal Domino. Not much of a run for the guy.

-Grizzly, to me, is very iconic to the 1990s- that decade was FULL of mutants like this! They had standard power-sets, but ALSO carried vicious weapons, to the point where their baseline powers were almost perfunctory "just to make them Mutants" bits, such as Shatterstar's Tiring Energy Blasts or Domino's "Everything Falls Into Place" ability. Grizzly here was packing huge high-powered guns in most of his appearances, shooting up people with huge blasts that could blow through concrete, but his actual MUTANT powers are strength-related.

-Thus, Grizzly stats up as a quasi-Powerhouse and Gun Guy, but he's not quite super-elite at either. An all-around PL 9, he only does +10 damage, but has Power Attack and can dish out some major hits that way if he needs to, but he's never been truly elite- I can't name a single character who he beat in a fight that wasn't a Mook- Warpath handily defeated him in a strength-based contest, regular guns KILLED him (so he's not that durable), and he couldn't even put down the jobbers of Weapon: P.R.I.M.E.

-So he's a PL 9 and should like it. His Growth was kind of hard to figure out, as almost EVERY artist of the '90s drew the team's Powerhouses about twelve feet tall and with arms larger than tree trunks, and Grizzly was depicted as no larger than Warpath during their fight (and that was back when Warpath was only KINDA big), but I decided that he earned full-on Large Size since Domino could easily hide completely behind just his lower body. Grizzly adds some minor animal-type powers to a Powerhouse/Gun Guy build, so almost makes his full PL 9's points-alottment. He's big and tough, but not enough to be overwhelming at any one thing.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
L-Space

Re: Weapon: P.R.I.M.E.

Post by L-Space »

DominusExMachina wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:14 pm Yet another reason why the '90s are known as the Dark Age of comics...

And NO, Jab, suckiness of this magnitude should NOT be rewarded: if anything, the purveyors of said suckiness should ultimately be shamed into the deepest, darkest depths of obscurity. But that's just me: I've long considered myself to be more of the "quality-over-quantity" and "originality-over-ubiquity" type when it comes to comic book characters...
Boy are you in the wrong thread then :lol:.
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Kane

Post by Jabroniville »

WEAPON-X (Garrison Kane)
Created By:
First Appearance: X-Force #2 (Sept. 1991)
Role: Young Punk (early personality), Weird Power Guy, Captain Poor Fashion Sense
Group Affiliations: Weapon: P.R.I.M.E., Weapon X, The Wild Pack/Six Pack
PL 9 (138)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+7)
Athletics 5 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+11)
Deception 5 (+7)
Expertise (Mercenary) 8 (+10)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimdiation 2 (+4)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 3 (+7)
Technology 4 (+6)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Beginner's Luck, Chokehold, Equipment (Spy Gear), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Jack-of-All-Trades, Ranged Attack 7

Powers:
"Partial-Conversion Cyborg"
"Skin-Morphing Armour" Protection 2 (Feats: Subtle) [3]
"Cybernetic Arms" Strength-Damage +2 [2]

"Cybernetic Eyes" Senses 1 (Infravision) [1]

"Cybernetic Arms"
Built-In Tasers" Affliction 7 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged) [14]
"Anatomic Separation" Features 2: May Separate One or Both Hands [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Tasers +11 (+7 Ranged Affliction, DC 17)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4 (+6 Armour), Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (Weapon-X)
Enemy (Cable)
Phobia (Claustrophic)

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 22 / Defenses: 14 (138)

-Kane is a terrible design and a terrible character. He was thrown in to give Cable some backstory, as part of the failing of the Six-Pack (he lost his arms when Cable bailed on them), but ended up in his horrible red turtleneck thing with dark grey tights. Just a mess overall. His weird powers didn't help matters, and his link to the Weapon X program just served to make him seem MORE lame by comparison. He's farted around the outskirts of X-characters for a long time, too- having MUCH more of a life than the rest of the Weapon: P.R.I.M.E. goons.

-Kane debuted fighting Deadpool, grossing him out with his distinctive "his hands pop off" gimmick. He joins G.W. Bridge's anti-Cable group, getting his arm chopped off by Shatterstar, but then defeating the Mojoverse warrior by electrocuting him with the stump- this annoyed me as a kid, because I dug Shatterstar and this dude was clearly a loser. Without Liefeld around, Kane was pretty well forgotten by Fabian Nicieza, but he eventually forgave Cable's transgressions and engaged in a romantic relationship with Vanessa "Copycat" Carslyle.

-The character would actually pop up here and there, largely in "We needed a mercenary" roles, like when he rejoined the Six Pack, teamed up with Nomad, or was later seen working for A.I.M. Recently, however, he resurfaced as a crazy guy who could copy the powers of other Weapon-Xs, meaning that casual link is likely the only reason the character survived to the recent era. He's finally dead, having been blown up when he went nuts and absorbed a ton of Weapon-X powers.

-Kane's built like a weird version of the common Agent build, with some additional stuff. In 2nd Edition, though Anatomic Separation was seemingly BUILT for him (I can't think of too many others who use it), he only got two ranks of it, as it's really only there for him to strangle people from afar (a similar effects is available just by using Features 2 I think- same cost anyways). He once beat Shatterstar, but that was only because of a one-time trick (Shatty tore off one of his arms, so Kane electrocuted him with the stump's wires), but he's an alright PL 9 otherwise. He's got a Taser for long-range attacking, and Weapon-X later gave him tons of powers that are barely worth listing (probably just guns/Blasts, etc.).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed May 04, 2022 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
L-Space

Re: Jab's Builds! (Toni Ho! Haven! White Fox! Weapon: PRIME!)

Post by L-Space »

You would think that Weapon X, a super secretive government program, would have asked Kane not to use their name as his alias...
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Survey time!!

Testing interest in some other things- please let me know which draw your interest the most:

* Legion of Super-Heroes reposts
* Teen Titans reposts
* Wolverine & Friends (mostly reposts)
* Overwatch (all new)
* Disney Builds reposts
* South Park (all new)
* Watchmen (all new)
* DC Villains (it's been noted I have relatively few non-Animated versions)

I'm gonna start re-reading Invincible from the beginning in anticipation of the ending, but those builds are a couple months off, yet.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:55 am Survey time!!

Testing interest in some other things- please let me know which draw your interest the most:

* Legion of Super-Heroes reposts
* Teen Titans reposts
* Wolverine & Friends (mostly reposts)
* Overwatch (all new)
* Disney Builds reposts
* South Park (all new)
* Watchmen (all new)
* DC Villains (it's been noted I have relatively few non-Animated versions)

I'm gonna start re-reading Invincible from the beginning in anticipation of the ending, but those builds are a couple months off, yet.
I'm definitely interested in Watchmen and DC VIllains. Overwatch I've never played but would be interested in seeing the builds of, and South Park I would also find interesting, though I'm not a huge fan of the show. They do have costumed identities at some point, right? It's even the main focus of the most recent South Park video game, since it's all superhero-themed.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I'm really curious to see your nerdgasms regarding Overwatch- not that you would ever do something like that. Would you?

We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Easily one of the greatest pictures in Internet history (there's a nudie version, too). I can't show you the one I commissioned from Faymantra :).
Doc chaos

Post by Doc chaos »

Overwatch please! Are these guys better than the Team Fortress 2 guys by Kruezritter?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I haven't played a video game in more than five years- I'm not the guy to ask, I'm afraid :).