World of Freedom 3.2 - Whatever Comes To Mind

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Horus! Hercules! The Ultima! Sentinels of Emeraldias! Hero High Revised!

Post by Davies »

Mystery Mutt

Author's Notes: Yeah, no. I told you those stories so I could out of telling you this one. "Poochie died on the way back to his home planet." 'Nuff said.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Voltron64

Re: World of Freedom 3.2 - Horus! Hercules! The Ultima! Sentinels of Emeraldias! Hero High Revised!

Post by Voltron64 »

You could just have said he returned to Earth-Ani...
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Davies wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:43 pm Mystery Mutt

Author's Notes: Yeah, no. I told you those stories so I could out of telling you this one. "Poochie died on the way back to his home planet." 'Nuff said.
Is the image intentionally flipped upside-down?
Davies

Post by Davies »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:37 pm
Yes. Really do not like Mystery Mutt.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Deucalion

Once upon a time, on a world that no longer exists, there was a soldier who fought with exceptional bravery against the end of that world. Alas, that soldier's efforts, and those of they who fought alongside and above him, were for naught. And the reward for the soldier's courage was to be transformed into an armored, flying executioner of the will of Omega, Lord of the Terminus -- an Omegadrone.

Long afterward, that particular Omegadrone was left behind on Earth-Prime following the so-called Time of Crisis, and was employed as an enforcer by the Driogano mob. Foreshadow managed to capture the drone and turned him over to Daedelus, who in turn managed to devise a way to partially undo the Omegadrone transformation. The end result was the creation of a completely new mentality within the Omegadrone's armor, for all intents and purposes a child. Daedelus attempted to educate his new son for a few years, before he reached the conclusion that Deucalion (named for the son of Prometheus and survivor of the great flood) would require teachers other than himself in order to grow as an independent person.

So the boy was sent to Claremont Academy, where he began to socialize for the first time ever. It was something of a disaster, as explanations about mind control tended to be overlooked when compared to the fact that, yes, he was an Omegadrone. While his fellow students had been babes in arms during the invasion, they'd all seen photos or videos of beings who looked just like Deucalion wreaking terrible havoc and murdering people. He tended to be left to himself at the best of times. The boy's intellectual short-comings didn't help him much, either.

Despite this, Deucalion was recruited to join the second team of Next Gen, supposedly thanks to a personal request from Daedelus. Even his teammates were a bit leery of him, though Changeling eventually warmed up to him and led the team in trying to make him feel welcome. They soon found that he was a very capable defender, wielding his power pike against a variety of foes. It also soon became very clear that he had a great deal of anger within him, that would frequently explode forth when his friends were threatened.

When "l33t" set out to destroy the Next Gen, he didn't have to work very hard to uncover Deucalion's weakness. Using his datajack, he was easily able to divest the former Omegadrone of the life-sustaining armor that Deucalion wore, leaving him collapsed on the floor of the dormitory, with Changeling -- who'd been subjected to an invention that left him locked in her human form -- left alone to face l33t. The agent of the Murder League stepped forward, grinning broadly as he spoke of all the wonderful things he was going to do to Elite's precious little angel.

And then he found that he could go no further, because Deucalion had grabbed hold of one of his legs and was staring up at l33t with eyes that spoke new volumes on the subject of murder. l33t panicked and began attacking Deucalion with his nanoglove, but regardless of the terrible wounds that were opened up in Deucalion's body, he would not let go. The rest of the team managed to extricate themselves from l33t's traps and converge on the scene, driving the villain to flee ... but Deucalion was beyond saving.

Ignoring something someone had once told her, Changeling slipped her mind into Deucalion's and waited with him as he slipped away into death. She has never told anyone what they 'spoke' of during that brief moment in time. Deucalion was given a burial with full Freedom League honors, but no statue on Hero's Knoll. As yet, this oversight has not been addressed, and that may be part of the reason that Changeling has not visited Freedom City even after the end of the Grant administration.

Deucalion -- PL 8

Abilities: STR 5 | STA 5 | AGL 0 | DEX 2 | FGT 8 | INT -1 | AWE 0 | PRE -1
Powers: Armor (Flight 6; Immunity 10 [life support]; Impervious Protection 3; Senses 7 [communication link with Daedelus, darkvision, direction sense, distance sense, radio, time sense]; Removable), Power Pike (Ranged Damage 7, Melee; Easily Removable), Rage (Enhanced Advantage 1 [Fearless]; Enhanced Strength 2, Quirk [-1 penalty to active defenses]).
Advantages: Close Attack 1, Endurance, Interpose, Second Chance (mind control), Startle
Skills: Intimidation 7 (+6), Perception 2 (+2), Ranged Combat: Power Pike 7 (+9).
Offense: Initiative +0, Unarmed +9 (Close Damage 7/5), Power Pike +9 (Close or Ranged Damage 7).
Defense: Dodge 7/6, Parry 8/7, Fortitude 11, Toughness 8/5, Will 5.
Totals: Abilities 38 + Powers 40 + Advantages 5 + Skills 8 + Defense 18 = 109 points
Complications: Acceptance--Motivation. Armorbound (removing armor renders him Vulnerable and Disabled). Prejudice.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Raptor

Falcus, a young warrior of the Aerie, hated being sent to Claremont. He hated most everyone there. He hated the stench of pollutants in the air. He hated having to sit in classes, rather than perch. He was a gigantic bundle of hate, was Falcus.

So it wasn't really much of a surprise when he went missing towards the end of his first year at the school. The faculty expected that he'd reached the limits of his willingness to obey the orders of the Avian elders, and flown back home to protest. So they were a bit startled when Talona herself showed up a week later, demanding to know why Falcus had not reported in per his orders, and threatening to tear the school down to its foundations if she didn't like the answer that she got.

The Next Gen were on a 'field trip', so it fell to the Envoys to answer Talona's questions. Interestingly, Crater had actually gone out of his way to invite Falcus to join his team, only to be told that while Crater might float up on the moon, he was still just a walker. With help from Aeron Gwynn, who had managed the almost impossible task of befriending the Avian, and was known to Talona from Falcus' reports, they were able to convince her that the disappearance of Falcus was as big a mystery to them as it was to her.

Neither Talona nor the Envoys were particularly well-trained as detectives, so it's not surprising that their investigation didn't turn up any leads. What was surprising was that the Raven and Lady Liberty, who'd been shadowing the unlikely alliance, were only able to turn up a single piece of evidence -- the injured body of Whitewing, Falcus' pet eagle. He told Talona and the Druid a confused story about faceless men who'd overcome Falcus with toxic gas and taken him prisoner, but -- being a bird -- wasn't able to identify any details about them.

Talona took Whitewing back to the Aerie for healing, warning the walker heroes that they should expect vengeance to be taken for the fate of Falcus. Apparently, she was overruled -- at the very least, she has made no reference to the episode on any of the other occasions that she has visited Freedom City. However, it is now believed that one of the consequences of Falcus' kidnapping can be identified, for it seems fairly like that Seraphim, a member of Project Freedom, was grown from cell samples taken from him ...

Raptor -- PL 8

Abilities: STR 3 | STA 3 | AGL 3 | DEX 3 | FGT 10 | INT 1 | AWE 2 | PRE 3
Powers: Birdspeech (Comprehend Animals 2, Limited to birds), Claws (Strength-based Damage 1), Vision (Senses 2 [extended vision, low-light vision]), Wings (Flight 4, Wings).
Equipment: Taloned Gauntlets (Strength-based Damage 2), Breastplate (Protection 3).
Advantages: Accurate Attack, Distract (Intimidate), Endurance, Equipment 1, Evasion, Fast Grab, Minion 3 (Whitewing, Hawk; see Gamemaster's Guide, p. 134), Move-by Action, Power Attack, Startle, Takedown Attack, Track, Uncanny Dodge.
Skills: Expertise: Survival 6 (+7), Intimidation 6 (+9), Perception 6 (+8), Stealth 6 (+9), Treatment 4 (+6).
Offense: Initiative +3, Unarmed +10 (Close Damage 3), Claws +10 (Close Damage 4), Taloned Gauntlets +10 (Close Damage 6).
Defense: Dodge 7, Parry 10, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6/3, Will 5.
Totals: Abilities 56 + Powers 11 + Advantages 17 + Skills 16 + Defense 10 = 107 points
Complications: Sullen Acquiescence to Authority--Motivation. Hatred (walkers).
Last edited by Davies on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Typical freaking Labyrinth...

Y'know, I came up with an indirect way for the Labyrinth to be wiped out for good.

Long Story Short, the millennia-long feud between The Maker of the Maze & The Lord of the Dead finally reached its climax, with Daedalus victorious.
Hades: I was trying to make you a great hero!
Daedalus: You succeeded. [stabs Hades]
Having now usurped him as the new God of the Underworld, Daedalus decided to...clean house.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Voltron64 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:18 pm Having now usurped him as the new God of the Underworld, Daedalus decided to...clean house.
I'm pretty sure Daedelus really doesn't want that job.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

Davies wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:56 am
Voltron64 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:18 pm Having now usurped him as the new God of the Underworld, Daedalus decided to...clean house.
Hey sometimes the best rulers are the ones who didn't intend to have the job.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Davies wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:55 pm
FuzzyBoots wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:37 pm
Yes. Really do not like Mystery Mutt.
Sounds like something more in line with Sesame Street.
Though now that I think of it, that would actually be kind of fun. Muppets and low tier supers teaching kids stuff.
Though it just sounds like a powder keg of issues with super villains of the Foxbat variety...

Davies wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:26 am Deucalion

Ignoring something someone had once told her, Changeling slipped her mind into Deucalion's and waited with him as he slipped away into death.
A dangerous move, but how could one let a hero who saved their life die alone?

Poor guy just really couldn't catch a break. But even after having his mind wiped his true character revealed itself a second time, fighting a foe he couldn't defeat to the end in the defense of others.

Voltron64 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:50 am
Davies wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:56 am
Man, I'm sure most people's first action would be trying to get out of that job.
Also I'm pretty sure you'd have Zeus and Posidon on your case. Like him or not, Hades was their brother and Greek gods aren't exactly widely known for their extreme forgive and forget nature ;~)
Davies

Post by Davies »

Voltron64 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:50 am
... that's a fairly common posture, but consider please that Hades didn't want the job.
Arkrite wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:49 am Also I'm pretty sure you'd have Zeus and Posidon on your case. Like him or not, Hades was their brother and Greek gods aren't exactly widely known for their extreme forgive and forget nature ;~)
Yes, even though the brotherhood is symbolic rather than literal these days. There's also Persephone, and the Voice of Doom is not the lady to mess with.
Ken

Post by Ken »

So, if someone were intrigued by Mystery Mutt, and wanted to learn about him, where would one look?

I understand and respect that you don't like him, so I don't expect to see anything more about him here. But in announcing your distaste, you made me curious.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Ken wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:56 am So, if someone were intrigued by Mystery Mutt, and wanted to learn about him, where would one look?

I understand and respect that you don't like him, so I don't expect to see anything more about him here. But in announcing your distaste, you made me curious.
The entirety of his existence is contained in the Hero High Exchange Students PDF.
Ken

Post by Ken »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:02 pm
Ken wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:56 am So, if someone were intrigued by Mystery Mutt, and wanted to learn about him, where would one look?

The entirety of his existence is contained in the Hero High Exchange Students PDF.
Which I don't (yet) have. Thank you.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Arkrite wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:49 amSounds like something more in line with Sesame Street.
Though now that I think of it, that would actually be kind of fun. Muppets and low tier supers teaching kids stuff.
Though it just sounds like a powder keg of issues with super villains of the Foxbat variety...
^_^ Well there is Super Grover.