Happy Anniversary

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
Ken

Happy Anniversary

Post by Ken »

Happy Anniversary Echoes of the Multiverse!!!!

It has now been one year since Ares graced us with this place. Thank you Ares!!!
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Sidious

Re: Happy Anniversary

Post by Sidious »

WooT!! it's a celebration or something...
Shock

Post by Shock »

A year already? Damn does time fly
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

PAAAARRRRRTTTYYYYY! :lol:
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh yeah, I knew this date was coming up!!!

Very special thanks to Ares and BriarThorne (who had a friend who knew website stuff) and Ken (who apparently had one, too)! And for everyone who found this forum and decided to stick around and keep posting!

This was a very, VERY upsetting time for me last year, as I thought my hobby for the past ten years might be permanently ruined, and the community permanently split, by a lot of stupid decisions. I mean, people could have just quit and found nothing going on, with multiple forums getting the "offshoots"- it could have killed everything. November 2017 could have seen my posting on a Tumblr or something, or desperately trying to avoid pissing off the RPGnet moderators, or just pussyfooting around on RA again, afraid of what I was posting, just in case the wrong person got mad.

But having this site and getting over that "first month" (which was mostly people re-posting their old stuff just in case RA died), then continuing on, then slowly rebuilding as people who'd been lurking or weren't around for The Incident went "what happened?" and sort of moseyed on over here... we actually rebuilt the community almost entirely! We even went and found Woodclaw!

Things were quiet for a bit, and we had the occasional "down-time" where it was just me & Gamebook posting in the build threads... but now, this past month as been our busiest EVER, with like ten topics being updated on "Character Sheets"!

And I couldn't be happier to have a less-buggy, more pic-intensive forum, with a moderator that's only SLIGHTLY unhinged and insane :P.

I'm glad to have made it a whole year!
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I also had a friend who helped Ares, as he had done the forum hosting thing before.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Around this time last year i had stopped posting over at RA (thanks to my rl tabletop game mostly) and wasn't around for the "Ronin Civil War" (as i've dubbed it),so i was lost as to what happened.To make it worse for me,when i started asking around on RA about it,one of the moderators warned me away from it.In point of fact,his/her(they had one of those ambiquous Internet names,so i'm just being polite here) pm had the connatations(?) of a mob enforcer warning me not to be a rat. So it was with great pleasure i found this place when i did,so THANK YOU ALL for making this site as i can honestly say i've had more of ablast here than i ever did at RA ....except when me&Hoid are in the same game... :D
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

That's interesting- I know one Mod did a public "Don't bring it up" comment directed at a poster, but I didn't know they were sending out PMs.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:37 pm That's interesting- I know one Mod did a public "Don't bring it up" comment directed at a poster, but I didn't know they were sending out PMs.
I think i was a "Special Case",as i addmitadley(?) was treating it like a Police Investigation/Military After-Actions Report,but who knows what was jumbled up in their head at the time.....
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Boy, this forum shares its anniversary with my brother's birthday. And on the same day in 2000 the first episode of X-Men: Evolution aired. November 4th is a great day. :D Glad these forums are around, will get around to starting my own thread eventually. :oops: Thanks, Ares, and BriarThorne and Ken for putting him in him touch with your friends to help set up this place.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Our first anniversary. It seems kind of weird that this place has been up for a full year. When I started this, I had no real ambitions or plans for this place. I just saw a bad situation and a community that I didn't want to get broken up anymore than it already had. There were a lot of threats about the old boards being shut down, a lot of intimidation tactics, and overall it had just become a place people were uncomfortable with. So Jab and I talked, I got some advice from Ken, BriarThorne and some of their friends, and one year later, here we are.

One thing I can say about this place is that I'm proud to be the guy running it. You guys are collectively the best online community I've had the pleasure to be a part of. You make moderating this place a pleasure rather than a chore, and I greatly appreciate that.

So thank you all for a great first year. Let's make the second one even better.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:37 pm That's interesting- I know one Mod did a public "Don't bring it up" comment directed at a poster, but I didn't know they were sending out PMs.
Hmm... I know I sent a few PMs warning people to be cautious, particularly around Fildrigar. Maybe I got confused for someone official? :lol:
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Happy Anniversary everyone! Thanks again Ares. I was crushed last year with everything that happened, but having this place set up was great and let all of us still have a place to share in our mutual geekiness. :)
Formerly luketheduke86
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

I knew this Anniversary was coming up, but soooo busy last week, did not have a chance to post. :shock:

Thank you so much Ares for this wonderful new home for all of us to interact on! You certainly came through at a dark time, created a fantastic place to be and did it all in record time last year! Words cannot express my thanks.

I remember all of the feelings from last year, my own and others, and this grand new forum was like a Force Field of protection through the Negative Zone (nod to the FF). Many friends from that "other dimension" made their way here because Ares created this sanctuary for us all.

I think we can hardly believe it is a year because it is so easy and smooth to be here, that time flows quickly. It is a very warm and comfortable place!

Thank you again, Ares!! Long live Echoes of the Multiverse!! :D
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

A little late- Happy Anniversary!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.