New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3->2

"I know." Imago answered. "He's standing several feet away from me with a sniper rifle and instructions from 3 - whom Mateo says is watching - to shoot Senora Rodrieguez if she leaves the trunk. Incidentally, there's a bomb where his sister is."
As I said in OOC, spending an HP for inspiration as to where 3 is.

Edit: Never mind.
Last edited by EnigmaticOne on Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Horsenhero

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Horsenhero »

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 3

Responding to Martin's urgent summons Kas swoops down. He can hear the thunder of Lex's lightning bolts in use on the second floor, so he drops to the broken window and quickly assesses the situation. Lex is in the room with one other...a woman. This character can change genders?

Why not? Durendal could.

Leveling his hand to assist his aim, he forms a gravity well around his enemy. This should encese his foe in a coccoon of dust and detritus held together by gravity to make it as strong as concrete.
Kas fires through the window at the only "enemy" he can see...the woman. 1d20+8=25 http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=188195 . Using "Gravity Well" a DC18 Snare, extra: Regenerating.
Gilliam

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 1
Condition: Normal

"Right killing others is okay but your life is much more important." Tamati couldn't help himself contempt dripping off each word.
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 1
Cnd: Fine

As he hurried along to their target, Otso spoke into his comm. "Imago, Three is in Wien, he's not here himself. But he bugged the house, he might have bugged either of the sites the hostages are being held at. He knows what we can do so be careful. Greystone, you pick up on that? You might be walking into a bomb, sniff it out."
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Normally with a foe in energy form he'd find whatever that energy type couldn't pass through and barricade the person in that but Hellfire had unknown properties altogether. Martin was really starting to resent the physics-bending qualities of nephilim powers. It wasn't strictly heat so asbestos would be of no use and until he could do more research there was only one thing he knew the substance didn't just pass through - a person.

Martin elongates himself through a nearby broken window and his liquid form flows up the plants growing there to the roof where he pools himself, spreading to cover as much of the surface as possible, plugging any gaps he could. If he was right, this was going to hurt but Domingo wouldn't be able to get through. He steeled himself for pain from below.
Move as needed to get to the roof. Take as spread a form as possible over where Domingo was originally headed.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 5
As he took off, Ellen reached for her communicator. "Here's to hoping 3 can't patch into our comms," she told Otso. "Imago," she said, careful not to use Dennis' real name, "there's a second hostage. Her brother's name is Mateo--he may be somewhere near your location."
"I know." Imago answered. "He's standing several feet away from me with a sniper rifle and instructions from 3 - whom Mateo says is watching - to shoot Senora Rodrieguez if she leaves the trunk. Incidentally, there's a bomb where his sister is."
“Of course there is.” Jack muttered under his breath to himself as he ran.
As he hurried along to their target, Otso spoke into his comm. "Imago, Three is in Wien, he's not here himself. But he bugged the house, he might have bugged either of the sites the hostages are being held at. He knows what we can do so be careful. Greystone, you pick up on that? You might be walking into a bomb, sniff it out."

“I heard.” Jack answered as he drew closer to the location of the gunman’s sister. “Imago, get the cops over to Calle Jesús, number sixteen. It’s where Mateo’s sister is. Preferably, members of the bomb squad.”
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 4

"Regardless, we're not going to kill him." Violet sighed. "He's going to give up on finding any more of these women and help us find Nemesis. And if we believe him, we'll take him back to the school and see if the headmaster will give him another chance like he did for Herta."

"I want to hear you say it, Joseph. You're done with this. Do we have a deal?"
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

"On it." Imago went back to Mateo quickly. "Stay calm, I'll be right back."

And then heading out to rejoin Robyn. "Listen, the would-be sniper's another person with a relative as hostage, as per 3's apparent MO. Tell the police to get over to Calle Jesús, number sixteen, and definitely make sure they send the bomb squad. The others will meet them there."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

OVIEDO, 9:30AM (Dennis; NPCs: Robyn)
It hit Dennis then: 3 didn't dirty his own hands. He coerced innocent people into doing his killing, or entrusting a bomb to handle things. It was likely that the madman wasn't at any of the sites--not the house, or the car, or wherever Mateo's sister was...

Then Otso confirmed it: this had been a distraction for something else, Dennis realized. He left Mateo and rejoined Robyn. "Listen, the would-be sniper's another person with a relative as hostage, as per 3's apparent MO. Tell the police to get over to Calle Jesús, number sixteen, and definitely make sure they send the bomb squad. The others will meet them there."

Robyn wasted no time in moving the police into position. Once they had an all-clear there, they would be able to confirm Mateo's sister's safety, get him to back down, and free the janitor's mother.
Thanks for pointing that out, EO. I had completely missed that. Since I didn't really give you any information, keep the hero point.
OVIEDO, 9:30AM (Jack, Otso; NPCs: Ellen)
Jack watched as the police converged on his location. Fortunately for him, he spoke Spanish, and had no trouble at all in explaining his presence there. Soon, they were sweeping the area, looking for a bomb. Jack, meanwhile, had his eyes on the skies: if Mateo was watching Missus Rodriguez, who was watching Mateo's sister? 3 himself, or another pawn in his warped game?
Can I get a Search check from you, TM?
SHREWSBURY, 3:00AM (Tamati, Violet; NPCs: Abe, Augustus, Herta, Joseph, Shelby)
"Right killing others is okay but your life is much more important." Tamati couldn't help himself contempt dripping off each word.

"Regardless, we're not going to kill him." Violet sighed. "He's going to give up on finding any more of these women and help us find Nemesis. And if we believe him, we'll take him back to the school and see if the headmaster will give him another chance like he did for Herta.

"I want to hear you say it, Joseph. You're done with this. Do we have a deal?"

"Shiver," said the British girl's father, "a word." He didn't ask; he simply led her out of earshot.

"I need to tell you something. You can be made at me if you want, but... Mister Arnett? My predecessor? When the Laputa children were turned over to that school, he gave me dossiers on each of them--everything MI18 had on them. Dewhurst was positioned inside of the school, and documented several encounters with them. He obtained the results of their psychiatric evaluations through shadier means. His daughter was a student there, and he knew that you had just been enrolled as well. He was concerned about Kirstie living among terrorists and thought I might have similar concerns...

"My point is... I know Herta better than you think I do, and I know that that boy is nothing like Herta. Every psychologist who met with her concluded that she had likely been abused all her life. She craves acceptance to the point that she became a terrorist just to try to fit in. Still, she has the moral fortitude to recognize that what she did was wrong and she needs to atone.

"That boy hasn't admitted to anything of the sort. He doesn't see what he did as wrong. He's only docile now because he fears for himself, and I'm terrified that this. Will. Change. What happens when he finds out who you are? Who your mother is? The role she played in his creation? Honey... Will told me that if I wasn't comfortable with any of the Laputa kids being near you, they would disappear to Row 64. Herta, Lexus, Pirjo, Armande... I trust them.

"I do not trust Joseph to be at your school.

"He can tell us what he knows about Nemesis and be sent to Tokyo, but... not Vienna. Not around you. Not for him to use you to get to your mother."

VALENCIA, 11:35AM (Kas, Lex, Martin; NPCs: Beatrice, Buddy, Fiore, Rusty)
Hovering outside of the window, Magnitude moved to trap the pregnant woman in a gravity well. Impossibly, the woman stumbled to the side, shaking free of his gravitational grip. <<"Domingo!">> she shouted as flaming wings--wings whose heat Lex could feel coming off of them--erupted from her back, burning away at the shirt she was wearing. <<"They're everywhere! We need to get out of here!">>

As she shouted out a warning, Vestige burst into the room, followed shortly by Rusty.

The pregnant woman charged for the window. Instantly, Lex had visions of her getting cut on the glass. Still, she barreled through and took flight, moving towards Kas.

Once she was clear, he let a blast of hellfire fly for Magnitude before lunging at and through the wall.
The Order, Round Three
  • Domingo (X): Blinded, Bruised x3, Stunned (Lex, R2)
    • Insubstantial 3 (18)
  • Current (27)
  • Magnitude (22)
  • Fluxx (14)
  • Fiore (16)
  • Vestige (17)
  • The Incredible Shrinking Rusty (8)
  • Eiron (5)
  • Mena (0)
Mena - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20 18 Really?

The others will move in.

Mena will dive through what's left of the window.

New round. Try to recover from the blindness. Domingo - Fortitude - DC 23: 1d20+8 25

I'll fiat to remove Domingo's stunned condition--hero point to Lex, Kas, and Martin--then attack and move. Though Kas and Mena aren't engaged in melee combat with each other, given circumstances, I'm imposing the -4 penalty on Domingo's attack roll to avoid hitting Mena. Domingo - Attack: 1d20+4 18 If that hits Magnitude, HH, DC 23 Toughness. Domingo will then charge through the wall, moving to follow Mena.

Lex is up again.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[Aren't the windows blocked by Fiore's plants? or did his plants not extend this far up? And do her flaming wings have a color?]
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:05 pm [Aren't the windows blocked by Fiore's plants? or did his plants not extend this far up? And do her flaming wings have a color?]
OOC: If All the windows except one random window are completely obscured by Fiore's plants, then Kas couldn't have taken the action he did...unless that was the single random window Martin asked to be left uncovered so Kas could target inside, in which case it isn't blocked.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Horsenhero wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:57 am
Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:05 pm [Aren't the windows blocked by Fiore's plants? or did his plants not extend this far up? And do her flaming wings have a color?]
OOC: If All the windows except one random window are completely obscured by Fiore's plants, then Kas couldn't have taken the action he did...unless that was the single random window Martin asked to be left uncovered so Kas could target inside, in which case it isn't blocked.
[I didn't think the plants were airtight and a small gap is all that has been needed for Kas to 'see' through.]
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:07 am
Horsenhero wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:57 am
[I didn't think the plants were airtight and a small gap is all that has been needed for Kas to 'see' through.]
OOC: "See" through yes, but not target through. His powers are ranged not perception range (I'm not big on powers that can't be fiddled with via Feats or potential crits), so he'll still catch the adjustment for Cover if the plants are over the openings (not that it ended up mattering).
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 4

"If it's not safe to have him in Vienna, it's not safe to send him to Tokyo either." Violet hated to argue with her father but sending the boy away didn't feel right. "His family lives in Shrewsbury. Sooner or later he'll be right back there. Separating him from his family will just harden him against us and what would that accomplish?"

"If you don't trust him around the school then we have no choice but to lock him up. Lord knows he deserves it."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 4 (5) [-1 for re-roll]
Jack watched as the police converged on his location. Fortunately for him, he spoke Spanish, and had no trouble at all in explaining his presence there. Soon, they were sweeping the area, looking for a bomb. Jack, meanwhile, had his eyes on the skies: if Mateo was watching Missus Rodriguez, who was watching Mateo's sister? 3 himself, or another pawn in his warped game?
Jack was glad to have said he could only take on the traits of a dog, their vision was much sharper than a person's (though the lack of color vision was a bit annoying) and their hearing was just as improved. Still he carefully looked around the area while the bomb squad did their thing, because the American was pretty sure 3 would be keeping tabs on things here given his track record.
OOC wrote:Oh boy this should be fun, since Jack has no ranks in Search. :lol:

Search Check: _: 1D20+0 = [1]+0 = 1..... well that went about as well as expected :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

So spend an HP to re-roll that one
Re-Rolled Search Check: _: 1D20+0 = [5]+0 = 5, oh CC, how I haven't missed you one bit. At least that's a 15 total with the re-roll bonus.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!