The Merge: Omega Company (OOC - Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
StarGuard

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (OOC - Recruitment Closed)

Post by StarGuard »

Ahem Booga ;)
Kal'annar easily shrugs off the dark fog that had tried to seep into his thoughts. His shield and sword slung across his back, easily visible and readily accessible ... and hand beneath the table ready to release his eldritch energies if needed. The blatant use of force was his least favorite spell but it seemed the best if he were to deter anymore foolishness. "If you think you've found weak minded prey, then you've chosen poorly Imperial. Unlike you humans, you will find the Drow comfortable in all the realms of darkness. State your reason for inquiring about my services or you and the other one will regret this pathetic attempt of an ambush."
Damn Sith :|
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

lol

Will post asap.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

You also need to remember that kal is not apart of the Lindsey group.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

"Never go in against a Sicilian (Drow) when death is on the line" :twisted:
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Sorry, quick question...what was the deal with the suitcase again???
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Has a prototype weapon n it that Kobra was bringing to Kano.
Open the case and I'll put a description up :D
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

@Starguard - was getting ready to answer you, when I realized my notes are at home. Will get to you tonight!
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

All good. I have tomorrow off and need to post an opening scene myself.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Booga!

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:52 pm Bladewind, quick into...I mentioned it in some other thread...Lightsaber Crystals - or materials that work like them - have been synthesized by Stark. Unfortunately, producing them costs a lot of money and energy...
I was looking for that post actually.

Gonna say that my guy either doesn't have that intel yet, or does not have the resources to manufacture them in that manner. Imperials are not known for their conservation of resources, but they don't control much in this part of the galaxy. Yet at least.

Player knowledge then:
- Kyber Crystals - the real ones - can act as both a lightsaber crystal and Energon. Using it for the latter uses it up far faster than as a lightsaber blade.
- Stark Produced Crystals - are not suitable for use as Energon
- Earth grown crystals - Exist, are currently being used to manufacture weapons and act as true Kyber crystals. Their location is known by very few.

We good with that Neo?
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Very much so!
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Sorry, my memory is getting crappier every day, it seems ;)
Care to remind me of what Lindsey's mission was exactly?
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Here's the link where it starts: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=311&start=450#p28159
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=311&start=450#p28159
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=311&start=450#p28159
Lindsey's briefcase feels heavy in his grasp, but its just illusion. The cover identity that he assumed in infiltrating the compound was of an arms broker delivering a prototype hand gun that was purported to be cheap and yet more powerful than anything available. And better, virtually undetectable to native tech. His contact, Kano, had arranged to meet in the bar of the lower floors of the building where the bigwigs met. Lindsey has been unable to shake the feeling of being followed, indeed most of you feel the same.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:31 am Sorry, my memory is getting crappier every day, it seems ;)
Care to remind me of what Lindsey's mission was exactly?
The group mission was to gather intel on Roulette and Vega. The OWIC, based out of Atlantis, wanted to know if there was something behind their Fight Club. Lindsey, in James Bond style, assumed the identity of an arms dealer. Unfortunately, Lindsey and co didn't have all the intel on the group that they infiltrated on the side but have been doing a great job of winging it.

Lindsey has assumed the identity of Kobra, a member of the Black Dragon alongside Kano of Mortal Kombat fame. The Black Dragon are operating in the same complex as a hive of scum and villainy on par with Mos Eisley but lacking the spacecraft. You've also encountered Ming Tsung, who by all accounts and judging by the company she keeps, is likely either a Rule 63 Mortal Kombat analog, this time to Shang Tsung, or is somehow related to him.

Your assumed identity has led you to stumble onto something larger (i.e. my real plot/ mission), the introduction of Kyber Crystals to the black market.

Kal'annar took a different approach and has encountered a force user in the service of the Empire, or so he claims to be. He is now looking for Kyber crystals as well.

Rand on the other hand, is the only one still more or less on the original mission. Trapped at the moment in a pit with a massive door about to open.

Maybe a rancor, maybe...

Probably not the latter though.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

I believe Amy is more or less playing the role of 'herself', so she doesn't trip herself up too much and expose everything. As an adventurer, it's entirely plausible that she and Kobra fell in together through a series of unfortunant and highly unlikely events and decided to stick together for awhile for mutual protection. Which is more or less the truth of the matter in fact! Only the names have changed. :lol:

Battle Init