The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand made the split second decision not to activate his afterburners. Though that would fill the fighting pit with smoke that she might not be able to see through, he wanted to become a fixture here and you didn't do that by blocking the sight of the paying spectators. Instead he extended an arm and whipcords flashed out from his wrist trying to both impact then bind her.
Whipcord, +6 vs. Dodge, DC21 Toughness, Fast Grab, DC16 vs. Str or Dodge: Grab (w/-5 to Escape),
attack: 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21
so, if that hits, DC21 Toughness, and Fast Grab, not sure if it's static DC16 or I roll opposed check though. Let me know.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

Lindsey shrugged. he had no idea what this was about except that he could feel the boorish malice radiating from Kano. He bet that the guy, though human, had a soul even demons would reject.
" I have not made up my mind yet. What is your opinion on the whole affair?"
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

drothgery wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:46 am
OOC: If it's okay, Shannon and Sherlock quietly accompany Amy and Lindsey. Have been some combination of busy and sick lately.
Noted - hope you're feeling better and it works. The Baron would have assumed hired muscle on Kobra's part.
Fun fact... I set Lindsey up for that mistake, but Kobra is another MK character.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

The girl leaned back in her chair and did her best to look like a well-behaved teenaged kid, which really wasn't fooling anybody. Since she was in this place, it was a given she wasn't well-behaved. "So what sort of weapon are we talking about? One with an Earth shattering kaboom?" she quipped. "Or one that can take out giant monsters with one shot?" she grinned a little.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Meh. What's the point in a gun if it can one shot anyone?"

With the fight unfolding, Kano sits back, Lindsey's briefcase momentarily forgotten.

Rand's whipcords launch, and Vega moves with contemptuous ease to dodge them. It's a mistake she immediately regrets.

Dodge DC 21: 1d20+14 17
Strength check: 1d20+3 21 (-5 = 16)
Toughness: 1d20+6 20

The wire bites into her skin, leaving a red line in its wake. Her left hand is still relatively free though, and she raises it to reach for the wire. She hisses - more in annoyance than pain it would appear.
I believe she managed to escape your wire, but not before taking a bruise
"House always takes Vega. Anyone want to bet against the house?" Kano takes a large swig from a beer stein. (The liquid's color suggests something stronger though.) He wipes his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Let's see it, wot?" He belches and nods towards the case.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"Meh. What's the point in a gun if it can one shot anyone?"
"I take it you're more the let's beat it to death type of fighter." Amy said wryly. "Me, I'm the kill it at a distance type." she nodded to Lindsey, alias Kobra (hey, she could play along, same as anybody else). "He doesn't like it when I get into the thick of things, so I keep as far out of it as possible while still being able to 'shoot', so to speak. It's a livable compromise." she deadpanned.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Kid thinks she's Mathilda to your Leon or sumthin? What is with you and these sad kids, mate?"
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

The derision in his voice was not an act. Every second Lindsey spent in Kano's company made it very clear what kind of man this was. He reminded Lindsey of some slimy bottom-feeding demons he'd sometimes used for information since starting his one-man crusade.
" Let me worry about them. Not everyone's...qualities are as obvious as yours."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

dodge of 14? hoo boy.
Rand took in an alarmed note how quick she was. His jets hummed to life lifting him to hover out of casual jumping distance. {40 feet up if possible, dunno ceiling height.}

Rand fired off his whipcord again but the shot went wide. Maybe she'd think it was some kind of tactic.

He readied his energy buckler for whatever assault she might try and was still trying to predict her offense.
Whipcord, +6 vs. Dodge, DC21 Toughness, Fast Grab, DC16 vs. Str or Dodge: Grab (w/-5 to Escape),
attack: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:57 pm Lindsey

The derision in his voice was not an act. Every second Lindsey spent in Kano's company made it very clear what kind of man this was. He reminded Lindsey of some slimy bottom-feeding demons he'd sometimes used for information since starting his one-man crusade.
" Let me worry about them. Not everyone's...qualities are as obvious as yours."
AMY
"Like I said, you don't like it when I get into the thick of things." Amy chuckled as she fished out some marbles from her pocket and began to play with them. Without using her hands. While it was decidedly a bit of showing off, she needed the practice anyway. She frowned as she concentrated glowing aspect of her psychic powers, willing it to dim and go away. It was frustratingly slow going. She tried another angle and was rewarded with a brief dimming of the bright blue glow surrounding each marble. Huh. Maybe those silly jedi had it right. Calm and serene could be the way to go with this.

"Darn it. I can bench press three tons with an idle thought. Making the silly blue glow go away just had to be the hard part." she grumbled.

ooc
Next time we get some PP I might go for subtle.
Last edited by kirinke on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:46 am, edited 6 times in total.

Battle Init
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

S & S

Shannon wasn't entirely sure if Amy's approach was the right one; this Kano character clearly wasn't the most even-tempered person she'd ever met. But he was outnumbered four to one. Though he probably didn't think something Sherlock's size was a threat.

You don't need to be an empath to figure that out Sherlock quickly sent over the mental link.

I assume you'll want me to evaluate this device once it's on the table? She 'asked' her companions.
Last edited by drothgery on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

did you mean Kano?
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Bladewind wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:34 pm did you mean Kano?
Yeah. Edited.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

My father always taught me, when dealing with bullies of any sort, never let them see your fear, never let them see you bleed. The girl mentally sent to Shannon, Lindsay and Sherlock. "If they attack, fight back with everything you have, in the way you think is best." she said as she played with the marbles, causing them to weave around the room, leaving contrails of light in their wake.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kal'annar easily shrugs off the dark fog that had tried to seep into his thoughts. His shield and sword slung across his back, easily visible and readily accessible ... and hand beneath the table ready to release his eldritch energies if needed. The blatant use of force was his least favorite spell but it seemed the best if he were to deter anymore foolishness. "If you think you've found weak minded prey, then you've chosen poorly Imperial. Unlike you humans, you will find the Drow comfortable in all the realms of darkness. State your reason for inquiring about my services or you and the other one will regret this pathetic attempt of an ambush."
"Impressive." Lionmane leans back in his chair, elbows on the armrests and fingers steepled below his face. "Forgive the undertone, but my experience has been that non-humans are generally much weaker willed.

"Imperial? Then you recognize our symbol. Good. I, for one, am more interested in the intertwining nature of this new universe of ours as opposed to conquest. Although that has its benefits."

Lionmane rises from the table, either unaware or unconcerned by Kal'annar's readiness. He removes a case from a shelf and returns to the table. The case is just over a meter in length, about 45 centimeters wider and ten centimeters thick. He places the case handle first towards himself flat on the table at his seat. Gesturing for someone to advance, the man who had been stalking you approached to your left and unclips something from his belt.

"Tell me, astute one, do you know what this is?"

The man, obviously commanded by Lionmane, places a silver cylinder on the table. It's an unlit lightsaber.

Meanwhile:

"Right." Kano says, pulling his eyes from the fight, and not fir the first time it dawns on you that he's watching Vega more than the fight and probably not because he is interested in seeing her win another fight. "Let's see it."

For the sake of advancement, I'm having Lindsey comply.

Placing the case on the table, Lindsey/ Kobra opens it and turns it to face Kano and the others at the table before sliding it forward. The weapon itself is unimpressive looking. A hand held pistol resting in form fitting foam much larger than it needed to be in relation to the size of the briefcase. It reminds you of a simple glock, but the grip is a hair thinner, the barrel's opening clearly not designed to eject solid matter.

It' was clearly designed to mimic the look of an earth weapon.

Anything else will require rolls.

Shannon recalled that as they were entering the suite, the Baron had said that Kano and Tsung were inside. As if on cue, an Asian woman steps forward. She is pretty, relatively young and the only hint of menace is a dagger at her belt. She is a stark contrast to Kano, her every movement graceful and fluid, speaking of manner and culture.

In the Arena:

Vega just dances out of the way, clearly whatever tactic Rand was trying to make her think he was up to was not impressing her. As he rose towards the top of the cage, he realized it was lower than he expected, even if it did put him out of range of the leaping ability of any normal human by a far stretch.

Watching Vega's movements, Rand fails to see the energy roll of the cage. His systems arc with blue energy and falls to the ground !

Dodge: 1d20+14 16
Rand: Toughness DC 16, and take a HP for losing your flight pack for two rounds.(The rest of this round, and next round to reboot.)