Young Protectors: New Chapel (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: Young Protectors: New Chapel (IC)

Post by EpicEclipse »

Blitz (Emily Marie Powers)
HP: 3 / Cond: Normal

Emily had decided to go along. Given her experience with parties and the like, it's not that she was fully interested in the party itself, but more keeping her male teammates from getting themselves into too much trouble. She felt light, as she always did when not wearing her arm, and that lightness just made her all the more aware of her missing arm and the looks it tended to garner her, rejection before even talking to anyone. Of course, a lot of that could be in her own head, but it didn't stop her from putting forth a bit of a sour aura. "I think I'll just wander on my own so I'm not dead weight to your guys' fun. I've got my phone if you need me."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Blade of Poseidon (D'An W'ren/Dan Warren)
HP: 3
Cnd: Fine

D'An followed Johnny to the table Charity was at. He smiled as he waved back at her.

"Hey! Cool place here."

As he talked he took in his surroundings with curiousity, every sense drinking in the countless new sensations.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Syncretik

Post by Syncretik »

Ronan filed into the club with the other three and took a moment to assess the place "Interesting decor". Noting Charity's enthusiastic welcome, he hides a smile "Looks like D'an's found himself a friend. Good.". Following Johnny and the Atlantean over to the table, he turns to the aforementioned and asks "Found a new friend, Dan?", hoping he'll get the hint.

-----------------------

OOC: Did Ronan ever actually find out about this party, beyond a vague awareness of its existence?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[We would have told him before leaving for campus].
"Something pithy this way comes."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

D'An spun around, grinning as he saw his teammate.

"Ronan! Oh yeah, you two haven't met. Charity, this is Ronan. Ronan, Charity here let us know about this party. And the place we went to for lunch, she's awesome like that."

As he finished he turned back to Charity and grabbed a seat to sit down next to her. "So do you come here often?" D'An smiled, bissfully unaware of how that sounded like the most cliched pickup line ever.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Johnny just pinches the bridge of his nose and shakes his head sadly.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

D'an, Emily, Johnny, Ronan-

Just in time for Johnny to react to Dan's lack of situational awareness, another voice piped up. "Well, I do declare...it's that rogue from earlier! Sir, are you stalking me?"

Immediately after asking the question, Joanna laughs at her own humor. She's dressed far differently than earlier at school, wearing a denim skirt, button down shirt knotted so that it revealed her midriff and western style boots. Trailing along behind her is a girl with extremely fair skin, pale blonde hair and blue eyes so light they were almost colorless. If someone were pressed for a word to describe the young woman, the word ephemeral would fit perfectly.

"Dan, Johnny, Emily and...guy whose name I forget, this is Lorelei Hope Sutter. The Hope in our running joke. Lor, this is Dan, Johnny, Emily and guy whose name I forget."

"Hi." She said, with a small wave...then her eyes fell on Emily and she gaped.

"Sweetie, you're catching flies." Charity said with a grin causing Lorelei to blush, but even that was just the barest coloring of her cheeks.

"So," Joanna said, clapping her hands together and smiling slyly. "who wants to indulge in things minors ought not?"
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Well, she was caught now before she could escape and wander off on her own. Self consciously under Lorelei's focused attention, Emily angles her body so her missing arm was facing away from the everyone. She motions towards Ronan with her existing arm. "This is our friend, Ronan."

Emily thinks back to what Charity had said about Lorelei. Charity wasn't kidding...pretty sure that girl'd run into a wall if I passed by her at the wrong moment... well, shouldn't last too long once she notices I'm broken goods. A little self depreciating, but more a reflexive mechanism for coping with imminent rejection Emily is so familiar with.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

"Hey Lorelei, Joanna!" Joanna's last question evoked only confusion from D'An who looked from Charity to Joanna. "Indulge what?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Johnny Diamond

"For you, Dan, she means the cups, the spirits, the nectar of Dionysus."

"Liquor, Dan, she means alcohol." Johnny says more plainly though he still doesn't elaborate on what Joanna means as indulgences for Johnny.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

"Oh." There's almost an audible pause as D'An parsed in his head how to step around revealing too much about his background. "They weren't big into drinking where I was raised."

He shrugged, as that was the extent of his knowledge on the subject. The sages hadn't preached about the evils of alcohol, they'd simply never talked about it. It didn't have a place in the rigorous training regimen of the temple. But he was out in the world now to experience new things. Besides, what harm could it do?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"He'll have a double." Johnny indicates Dan.

"An I'd love to see what's in the offerin' for tonight. Bar-wise, of course." He say with a wink.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

The Club-

Joanna laughs at Johnny's flirtation. "Ah man-cub, one of these days I'm going to take you seriously. Anyway, it's beer for me. Charity?"

"White wine."

"Lorelei?"

The pale girl shakes her head vigorously. "No alcohol. You know I'm a light weight, so just sweet tea."

"Pansy." Joanna teases. "Tea it is. Ronan, Emily...what's your poison?"

Lorelei glanced quickly over at Emily, then looked away as if she wasn't paying close attention, but the stiffness of her posture belied her disinterest.

Charity leans her head on Dan's shoulder and chuckles. "Yeah, this is going to be amusing." She mumbles. Then poking Dan in the side, the dark skinned girl asks; "You wanna dance?"
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Emily shakes her head. "Nothing alcoholic. Never liked the taste. A coke or something would be good." Emily was feeling a little out of place. Social events were not really her thing, or at least they made her feel extra self conscious and the added attention from Lorelei wasn't helping any, if only because Emily was expecting the usual follow up rejection.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

All the talk of what D'An assumed were types of drink went right over his head so he just shrugged it off. Then Charity leaned her head on his shoulder and it felt... warm. And nice. He felt like he lacked the words to properly express it. They didn't teach that at the temple.

When she asked him to dance, D'An looked around the room at everyone else, then returned his gaze to her. He recalled the countless hours of learning stances. Learning to fight unarmed, with swords and with more exotic weapons. Learning to disarm an opponent, knock them unconscious and yes, even to kill. "I don't know how to dance."