M&M 3e, Young Protectors OOC (Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
StarGuard

Re: M&M 3e, Young Protectors OOC (Full)

Post by StarGuard »

Okay that's it , Horsenhero we're starting a live ancillary game at my house Friday night. I actually live just a tad outside Indy on the northeast side :)
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Yeah, I was in Indiana from mid-2011 until early 2014. Living in Bloomington (wife was in grad school round 2), but working on the south side of Indy. So the 12 hour shifts were compounded by an hour of commute each way, and I understand that it has only gotten worse as the whole 37 to I-69 project continues.
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Amazing really...has a very Stranger Things feel. I am Northwest Indiana.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

I'm ready to post Rakshasa attack but want to confirm something
- what is your call on using two Advantages (Power Attack/All-out Attack) at the same time. I've seen different opinions on the matter is why I ask.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

StarGuard wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:46 pm I'm ready to post Rakshasa attack but want to confirm something
- what is your call on using two Advantages (Power Attack/All-out Attack) at the same time. I've seen different opinions on the matter is why I ask.
I'm not extra keen on it, but, whether these were actually meant to be stackable of not, I've yet to see an actual rule forbidding it.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

The only Rule I'm concerned with is yours.

Combining Power Attack and All-out gets a bit cheese with the Paragons and Powerhouses. They aren't expecting to Dodge or Parry much anyway depending heavily on their Toughness to see them through. The effect is less so with martial artist and Warriors but it's your game and I want to show respect. Things like this are why combat is my least favorite part of role-play :?
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

StarGuard wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:46 am The only Rule I'm concerned with is yours.

Combining Power Attack and All-out gets a bit cheese with the Paragons and Powerhouses. They aren't expecting to Dodge or Parry much anyway depending heavily on their Toughness to see them through. The effect is less so with martial artist and Warriors but it's your game and I want to show respect. Things like this are why combat is my least favorite part of role-play :?
Well, if you watch the scenes from which this scene draws its inspiration, the villains aren't supposed to hold up long. That being said, I'm sure if you limit the stacking to what the maneuvers (not the advantages) allow (so +/-2), it shouldn't get out of hand. That seems relatively reasonable and I'll apply the guideline to villains as well that way when you actually meet some formidable villains they won't romp on you.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Which is not to say that the players do not need to be soundly romped on the occasional basis. It keeps us humble. :mrgreen:
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

StarGuard wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:14 am Which is not to say that the players do not need to be soundly romped on the occasional basis. It keeps us humble. :mrgreen:
Amen to that. May not always be fun to lose, but bouncing back from a loss shows what heroes are made of. (Like many superhero movies out there set up the final act with some sort of loss for the heroes to male a grand comeback)
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Question for Ravensport characters ... Do we all have our communicators active? I thought we talked about it IC earlier but wanted to be sure.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

So, does Presto! get an action in the 'surprise round' as well, or should I wait until next turn?
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

StarGuard wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:40 am Question for Ravensport characters ... Do we all have our communicators active? I thought we talked about it IC earlier but wanted to be sure.
I know Devil Dog does, because he put it in at school when he got the message from Apogee. I believe the rest of the "guys" were together when it was commented on. Rose caught up with later, so with her I am not sure.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Presto! gets an action. Everyone gets an action. Start punching and zapping or something and I'll start rolling saves for my sacrificial lambs.

Sorry I disappeared for a bit...I'm having a sale on commissions and I've been a bit busy. It's amazing how quickly dirt cheap commissions will perk up languishing business. 8-)
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Horsenhero wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:31 am Presto! gets an action. Everyone gets an action. Start punching and zapping or something and I'll start rolling saves for my sacrificial lambs.

Sorry I disappeared for a bit...I'm having a sale on commissions and I've been a bit busy. It's amazing how quickly dirt cheap commissions will perk up languishing business. 8-)

Who is Devil Dog attacking? He swung his billy club at his opponent, but which opponent is his?

Inquiring minds want to know...mostly so I can get the correct save bonus.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Horsenhero wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:25 am
Horsenhero wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:31 am Presto! gets an action. Everyone gets an action. Start punching and zapping or something and I'll start rolling saves for my sacrificial lambs.

Who is Devil Dog attacking? He swung his billy club at his opponent, but which opponent is his?

Inquiring minds want to know...mostly so I can get the correct save bonus.

Sorry, My post has been changed to include Devil Dog's target.