Macyn's Ultraverse Builds(Boneyard!Rune!Lord Pumpkin!NM-E! Rex Mundi!Villian Teams!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MacynSnow

Re: Macyn's Ultraverse Builds(Sludge! Solitaire! Firearm! Warstrike! Wrath! The Exiles!)

Post by MacynSnow »

And Finally,this is the Start of one of the most Ill used Teams in comics History.....The original Exiles!
Group Backstory:
This group was founded and led by Dr. Rachel Deming, and introduced Ghoul (one of Ultraforce's main members) and Amber Hunt to the Ultraverse. Much of the plot revolved around a fatal "Theta Virus", the treatment of which gave the characters their superhuman powers. Unfortunately, Dr. Deming assumed that people with powers are automatically superheroes, and their lack of training, cohesion, and leadership led to disaster. Aside from Deming (who suffered many fractures), Ghoul (who was already more or less a zombie, and thus later rose from his grave), Deadeye (that survived the tidal wave, later leaving the team) and Hunt, the other members of the team were Catapult, Mustang, Tinsel, and Trax. Mastodon was introduced in the series, but never joined the team.

Enemies:
Malcolm Kort-The only one the series ever got a chance to use,this "Lex Luthor- wannabe" tried to use the Teta Virus Infectees as Super-Soldiers fot his Company,Visionary Productions than actually get them cured like Demming tried...

Team Roster:
Catapult (Kevin Albers) – Had the ability to absorb inertia and turn it into super strength.
Deadeye (Frank Hayes) – Incredible accuracy with ranged weapons.
Dr. Rachel Deming – Cured the others of the Theta Virus and put them together as a team when the cure gave them superpowers.
Ghoul (Jonathan Martin) – Appearance of a corpse. Could reform body after it was damaged, talk to the dead, and sense when a person was near death.
Amber Hunt – Could manipulate heat and flames, as well as fly.
Mustang (Roderick Hartley) – Could generate electricity.
Tinsel (Melissa Scott) – Blinded by cure so she had to wear a special visor to see. Could generate light for various effects.
Trax (Judd Shepard) – Could sense danger. Could track others by their bio-signature.

Notes:

I really liked how this group was wrote up (for all the 5 issues they did),I was especially a fan of Mustang...
Jabroniville

Re: Macyn's Ultraverse Builds(Sludge! Solitaire! Firearm! Warstrike! Wrath! The Exiles!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh, man...

A metal chick.
A cyborg guy with a huge gun.
Two guys with shoulder pads.
A guy with the "Jim Lee Head Mask".

Are we sure they're not called "Nineties Force" :)?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:30 pm Oh, man...

A metal chick.
A cyborg guy with a huge gun.
Two guys with shoulder pads.
A guy with the "Jim Lee Head Mask".

Are we sure they're not called "Nineties Force" :)?
That was probably the working title in editorial.... ;)
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Ahhhhh, the Iron Age of comics. The era in which aping Rob Liefeld’s s****y artwork was held up as an industry standard.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Sorry for the delay in the builds,i got caught by the Turkey day game wardens and had to participate.I'll have new ones up on Saturday for certain!
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Sorry for the Longer than anticipated delay.....Let's start with the "Dude" at the top of the list,shall we?
CATAPULT(Kevin Alders) Occupation:Hero/Student(?) Group Affiliation:Exiles
STRENGTH 3/9 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4 FIGHTING 7/11 DEXTERITY 0 INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6) Athletics 4 (+7) Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+11/+15) Technology 1 (+3) Expertise: Pop Culture 2(+4)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Defensive Throw, Equipment 3, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack,

Powers:
"Mass Nulification"
Move Object 8 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Perception Range, Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to mass, diminishing the weight of what he touches by two orders of magnitude (a factor of 100)) (25) -- [29]

Equipment:
"Exo-Skeletal Armor"
Enhanced Strength 6 (12)
Protection 4 (4)

Complications:
Motivation (Thrills)-all kevin cares about apparently is having as much fun as he can before he dies....
Reputation(Irresponsible)-it was actually due to Catapult's own negligence that the "B" Team(Re:him&Mustang)lost Timothy Halloran in the first place,resulting in Tinsel's death...
Quirk(Theta Virus)-i have no idea if this would be Malibu's version of the Legacy Virus or not(Comments would definately be welcome on this one),so for right now i'm putting it under this as mostly it's a "Shared Power Origin" type of thing....

Backstory:
Catapult was about 18, and behaved like a teenager. In particular, he was unable to grasp the seriousness of a situation, and tended to treat everything like a game and a joke. He's basically “Wayne and Garth” put together (a reference to 1992 comedy classic Wayne’s World ) — a self-centred underachiever with no attention span and cultural values based on junk media consumption.
He’s not interested in anything that doesn’t directly affect him, doesn’t get that actions have consequences, and is mostly an Exile because he likes hurling large objects at stuff. Kevin pays next to no attention in school and is painfully ignorant.He doesn’t even read well.

Notes:
Part of me as a teenager alway's wanted to Punch This Idiot in the nose and try to make him realise that "this Wasn't a game,you little !@#$..."
Now,with a little age on me,i can understand why the writer's set him up that way:to create some group Tension.Still think he's an idiot,though...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

DEADEYE(Frank Hayes) Occupation:Mercenary/Hero? Group Affiliation:Exiles
STRENGTH 2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3 FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4 INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+3) Deception 5 (+8) Expertise (Soldier) 6 (+10) Insight 3 (+6) Investigation 3 (+6) Perception 3 (+6) Stealth 2 (+5) Technology 3 (+7)
Vehicles 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 5 (Arsenal), Evasion, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Firearms), Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Ranged Attack 7

Powers:
"Deadeye's Arsenal"
"Kevlar Body Armour" Protection 2 (2)
"Automatic Rifle" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (Inaccurate -1) (17) -- (23)
AE: "Pair of Automatic Pistols" Blast 5 (Extras: Multiattack) (15)
AE: "Standard Rifle" Blast 6 (Feats: Extended Range) (13)
AE: "Grenades" Blast 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Diminished Range -1) (20)
AE: "Flare Grenades" Dazzle Visuals 4 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Diminished Range -1) (11)
AE: "Tear Gas Grenades" Affliction 4 (Dazed & Vision Impaired/Stunned & Disabled/Incapacitated) (Extras: Extra Condition, Ranged) (Diminished Range -1) (11)
AE: "Knife" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Improved Critical) (2)
"Theta Virus Power:Improbable Aiming Powers"
Blast 5 (Feats: Improved Critical 4, Split, Ricochet 3, Penetrating 5, Extended Range) (Quirk: Requires Firearms -1) [23]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Knife +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Rifle +15 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Automatic Rifle +13 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Pistols +15 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Grenades +4 Area (+4 Affliction, DC 14)
Grenades +7 Area (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Secret(Former Military Asassin/Survivalist Soldier?)-It states in his background that he was part of some sort of Armed Forces,but never explained more.....
Reputation(Former Biker)-Hayes was a member in good standing of a Biker Gang,but left when the Theta Virus reared up...
Quirk(Theta Virus)-i have no idea if this would be Malibu's version of the Legacy Virus or not(Comments would definately be welcome on this one),so for right now i'm putting it under this as mostly it's a "Shared Power Origin" type of thing....

Backstory:
Hayes is a former outlaw biker. He reportedly has a “dark and shady past”, which seems to include service with some sort of armed force.
According to secondary sources he’s only 22 – though he certainly looked and felt older. He left his unpleasant home in his mid-teens, joining a bikers’ club. He had to leave the biking scene when the Theta virus started manifesting within him, but his time on the road gave him a surprising amount of life experience for his age.Deadeye was about the only Exile who knew what he was doing in a fight. For instance he had realistic expectations and appraisal of risk, knowing when to fold. He wasn’t a bad leader and was a good fighter, employing basic but proven tactics. Deadeye was all too aware that the rest of the Exiles were absolutely not fighter material, though.
According to secondary sources, Hayes loves being a nomad and the general biker scene. He has something of a wild streak, but by biker standards he’s on the calm and considerate side of things. He isn’t interested in starting pointless trouble.
Hayes isn’t much of a conversationalist and mostly speaks when it’s important. But he expects to be heard when he does speak, being large and well-armed.

Notes:
Now a lot of people are gonna wonder "Macyn,why didn't you give Deadeye the Leadership feat if he was a decent team Leader?" the awnser to that is very simple....He never had time to develope it much past "Suggestions" as the team died before he got the chance.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

haha, of course one guy's thing is that he's got tons and tons of weapons :).
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

sorry this is so late,RL got mad at me and shut down my computer,so i could only use my PS4 to do anything with.....:(
But,i managed to use a friend laptop and post this so here's the most Condensating Zombie you'll ever meet,Ghoul!

GHOUL(Jonathan Martin) Group Affiliations:Exiles
STRENGTH 7 STAMINA -- AGILITY 0 FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0 INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+10)
Intimidation 12 (+9)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Startle

Powers:
"Already Dead"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 8 [8]
Regeneration 6 (Feats:"Regrow Limbs") [7]
Senses 5 (Death Awareness, Ranged 2, Radius, Acute) [5]

"Occasionally Psychic"
Mind-Reading 10 Linked to Communication (Mental,recently dead) 3 (Feats: Dynamic) (32) -- [41]
Dynamic AE: "Crowd Control" Mind Control 4 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- Audio Percepting, Selective) (Flaws: Touch Range, Tiring) (17)
Dynamic AE: Mind Control 7 (Feats: Dynamic) (29)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8, Fortitude --, Will +4

Complications:
Quirk(theta Virus)-just like every other wierdo here,save Dr.Demming,he somehow contracted the virus that actually killed him.....
Reputation(Sarcastic Jerk)-due to his "death",John tends to not really care anymore about what other people think or feel....
Enemy(Bloodbath)-as one of the few beings that the insane merc can't kill(how do you kill someone that already Dead?!),Ghoul tended to piss him off to no end....

Backstory:
Johnathon Martin was originally a serious student,aiming for a Degree in Engineering.Unfortunately,he was one of the unfortunates who contracted the Theta Virus, which provided superhuman powers, but also killed its host. In Jonathan' case, both outcomes occurred; he became an undead being, neither truly alive nor dead.Let's just say,he's not been in the best of moods since....

Personality:
Ghoul is constantly making wisecracks, jokes and sarcastic remarks. He does this to try to hide the emotional pain of his grotesque condition and the tragedies he's seen. He deliberately distances himself, while at the same time he is saddened by the fact that he seems to get along better with the dead than the living.

Mayson's Notes:
Among everybody in this crowd,he was actually my Second favorite(right behind Mustang) as he tended to say exactly what i was thinking at the time...:)
His Power's seemed to be a little all over the place when he later appeared in Ultraverse.I'm sorry,but if he had those mind power's and Sense Death when he first joined The Exiles,he would've done something to stop it....
Davies

Post by Davies »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:25 pm
Enemy(Bloodbath)-as one of the few beings that the insane merc can't kill(how do you kill someone that already Dead?!),Ghoul tended to piss him off to no end....
If he can't be killed, shouldn't he have Immortality?
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Davies wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:35 pm
He can still be killed,he just doen't stay dead.And that's what tics Bloodbath off......
Davies

Post by Davies »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:42 pm
He can still be killed,he just doen't stay dead.And that's what tics Bloodbath off......
... that's Immortality by definition, unless it takes him longer than one month to come back.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Davies wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:00 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:42 pm

... that's Immortality by definition, unless it takes him longer than one month to come back.
Ok,you have a point .But how would you explain Terror or what Wolverine does?
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

sorry for taking so long for this,but to make it up i'll give as many of these as i can in a row(see is i can't beat out jab's work ethic)! :D
First up,The one original Exile that caused half the problems on the team IMHO....
you know,if the dude that's kidnapping you is Russian,i don't think it matters that your dad's a Lawyer or not to him....
En Flame(Amber Hunt) Occupation:Student/Hero? Group Affiliation:Exiles
STRENGTH 2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3 FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 3 INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 1 (+8 w/Attractive) Expertise (Current Events) 3 (+4) Perception 2 (+3) Ranged Combat (Fire) 2 (+8)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 3, Attractive 1?(unshure of this one)

Powers:
Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]
Fire Aura 5 [20]

"Flame Blast" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (16) -- [17]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Fire Blast +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Quirk(theta Virus)-just like every other wierdo here,save Dr.Demming,she somehow contracted the virus and it somehow made her an even bigger b#%ch....
Reputation(Valley Girl)-this is the most quintesential Airhead you will ever meet,even compared to Catapult(and that say's something)
Relationship(Catapult)-If the series had kept going,i could've seen these 2 hooking up more.Especially given how heavy they were flirting with each other when they met...

Backstory:
Amber Hunt was a spoiled Teenage Valley girl(probably around 16-17,given what was shown in her high School)who unknowingly had Ultra potential. The alien pathogen known as the Theta Virus targeted potential Ultras to cause genetic degeneration. The scientist Rachel Deming had developed a recombinant DNA procedure that would stabilize the infection prior to death, while also triggering Ultra powers in 99% of subjects. Deming and her competitor Malcolm Kort both targeted Amber for recruitment. Amber was rescued from Kort's henchmen by the Exiles, Ultras working for Deming to prevent Kort's exploitation.

Notes:
I always had the thought in my head whenever i read about her that she was.....well,she was a B&^ch and deserved to get nuked. :)
Last edited by MacynSnow on Thu May 03, 2018 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Next is ,imho,one of the best characters in the lot.The one,the Only,MUSTANG! *Crowd Cheers wildly*
coolist image ever(i'm still somehow stuck in my teen years for art tastes...):D
MUSTANG(Roderick Hartley) Occupation:Rodeo Star/Hero Group Affiliation:Exiles
STRENGTH 3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4 FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6) Athletics 3 (+6) Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+11) Expertise (Rodeo Star) 4(+8) Insight 3 (+6) Intimidation 3 (+6)
Perception 2 (+5) Persuasion 2 (+5) Ranged Combat (Electricity) 3 (+10)

Advantages:
Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Electricity), Improved Defense, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
Electrical Blast 10 (Feats: Split) (Extras: Penetrating 6) (27) -- [30]
AE: "Electrical Stun" Affliction 10 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Feats: Split) (Extras: Ranged) (21)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Electrical Blast +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Stun +10 (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +8

Complications:

Quirk(theta Virus)-just like every other wierdo here,save Dr.Demming,he somehow contracted the virus....
Motivation (Justice)- Hartley put on a costume and used his powers to protect the innocent from harm...
Fame(Rodeo Star)-Even if it's a small base,some people do recognize Hartley from his Rodeo Days...

Backstory:
A young action hero, more controlled than Trax.He might actually have had potential.Hartley is from Texas. He uses a few symbols associated with the Lone Star state in his costume (such as decorative spurs). One imagines that he has a noticeable but not thick Texan accent.As a child of the Lone Star State,Roddy Naturally gravitated towards Rodeo work.Contacted by Trax&Dr.Demming due to him contracted the Theta Virus,he not only willing let them cure him but volunteered to help them fight Kort.

Notes:
As you can tell from the above,this is by far my favorite member of the Original Exiles.He had so much potential for his own either miniseries or Ongoing,it was such a shame that it was all a scam by Malibu from the Start....
Last edited by MacynSnow on Thu May 03, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.