New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

Imago immediately put up a sphere of 'hidden' around Mrs. Rodriguez, but left clear to the officers. At least if they were dealing with a sniper of some kind, they would have to have difficulty with seeing the target. And he too began scanning the area.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Shock

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 1

Violet moved to stand next to Herta. "Herta was deceived by the man who adopted her and a woman who could control minds. You can't blame her for the way she was raised or for being manipulated by people that she trusted. You certainly can't hold her accountable for her brother's actions. And now she's making up for it by helping us catch a murderer. If not for her, we never would have found him."

"Anyway, Herta's not the issue here. You can make your own minds up about her later." Violet took a step forward and put her hand on Tamati's shoulder. "We have to deal with Joseph. Regardless of anything else, we have to make the right decision."
Gilliam

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
Condition: Normal

"Before I came to the school, I was in a group that-"

"Why should I be surprised?" Abe snapped. "Your brother is the guy who destroyed my entire world, right? He's the guy who killed my mom?" His fists were shaking. "Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?"
"That's enough" Tamati snapped "You don't know what you are talking about I was there on the ship with Herta, Shelby and Jason and I can tell you that Herta did everything she could to stop Jason when he betrayed us at the very end. If you want to blame someone blame me cause I couldn't stop that little tutae."

Opps now where did that come from, thank god the counselor didn't hear that.
Violet Lear wrote: "Anyway, Herta's not the issue here. You can make your own minds up about her later." Violet took a step forward and put her hand on Tamati's shoulder. "We have to deal with Joseph. Regardless of anything else, we have to make the right decision."
Trying not to clench his fists Tamati took a breathe to relax as Violet laid a supportive hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah we have to do the right thing .." his voice a little raw " .. so no killing and if the prisons are out then does that just leave the schools?"
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

OVIEDO, 9:00AM (Dennis; NPCs: Robyn)
It didn't take Dennis long at all to spot him: a young man--likely in his early twenties--watching from a second story window across the street through the scope of a sniper rifle.

SHREWSBURY, 2:45AM (Tamati, Violet; NPCs: Abe, Augustus, Herta, Joseph [K.O.] Shelby)
"Why should I be surprised?" Abe snapped. "Your brother is the guy who destroyed my entire world, right? He's the guy who killed my mom?" His fists were shaking. "Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?"

"That's enough!" Tamati snapped. "You don't know what you are talking about! I was there on the ship with Herta, Shelby, and Jason, and I can tell you that Herta did everything she could to stop Jason when he betrayed us at the very end. If you want to blame someone blame me cause I couldn't stop that little tutae."

Violet moved to stand next to Herta. "Herta was deceived by the man who adopted her and a woman who could control minds. You can't blame her for the way she was raised or for being manipulated by people that she trusted. You certainly can't hold her accountable for her brother's actions. And now she's making up for it by helping us catch a murderer. If not for her, we never would have found him."

Herta cleared her throat. "My mother and father were both in the Armada," she said. "My mother tried to stop them. She escaped. She stole a ship. She made it to this dimension, but in the wrong time. She crashed in Romania, in 1995, and she died giving birth to me. The man who found us was Radu Radikovich. He was with the Romanian Secret Service. Another woman who turned on the Armada survived the crash and told him about them--told him they might show up here. He 'retired' and devoted himself to training Neo-Sapiens to be soldiers in the conflict we all fought a few months back." She looked at Tamati. "Ogre was one of them. My brother Vlad was another.

"I ran away from home. Papa was preparing me for a fight that was never coming and I was tired of sitting on my ass doing nothing. I ran into a group who called themselves Laputa. They said they were going to make the world better for people like us, and I believed them. I wasn't controlled. I was just deceived. The truth was, the woman at the helm was my biological mother--about a year before she conceived me, because $&#^ time travel--only possessed by my psychotic half-sister, who wanted revenge on Jason for causing their parents' divorce. But, hey, I guess I owe her, because if she hadn't turned Mommy Dearest into a terrorist, I wouldn't exist.

"Because of my age, they shoved me into this school--rather than sentence me to Pandora--where everyone hates me and the headmaster made his pet robot act as my bodyguard because he was so sure some of you would try to kill me the first chance you got. I own up to what I did. I won't run from it. I won't deny it. I'm just going to be me, okay. Radu trained me to be a goddamn soldier in a war that's over now, and it's not like I'm going to make friends at this school or have a boyfriend or anything. Hell, maybe as soon as I'm an adult they'll decide to try me for the $#!+ that went down. I don't know. All I know is, I don't like sitting on my ass and doing nothing. That's why I took down my papa. That's why I tried to stop my brother. That's why I tracked down Joseph here. That's why, no matter what you think about me or say about me, I will keep doing things like this--the dirty jobs that none of you can do nor want to do."

"You... you did some bad things," Violet said, "but we saw why, and we brought you into the school. Anyway, Herta's not the issue here. You can make your own minds up about her later." Violet took a step forward and put her hand on Tamati's shoulder. "We have to deal with Joseph. Regardless of anything else, we have to make the right decision."

Trying not to clench his fists, Tamati took a breath to relax as Violet touched him. "Yeah we have to do the right thing..." His voice a little raw, and he could feel Shelby's eyes on his shoulder. "...so no killing and if the prisons are out then does that just leave the schools?"

"Exactly," Herta said. "Schools, plural." She looked to Augustus and focused her gaze on him. "You're not comfortable with him being around prin--Violet... but there's a compromise: after the $&@^ that went down with Durendal, the school bumped some of the heavy hitters to the Tokyo school. Couldn't we do the same with Joseph?"
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear

Violet smiled her thanks to Tamati. "We can't just ship him off so he won't be our problem. He can fly. He could be back in England in a week and then what? We need to find out why. Why is he after these women? Why does he want to kill my Mum?" She looked at her father, hoping for his approval.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens

Feeling a set of eyes on him Tamati stepped away from Violet to move closer to Shelby.

"So will it be safe to talk to him without him trying to suffocate us?"
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear

Violet shrugged. "He can try but he can only get one at a time and the rest of us will have plenty of time to stop him."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens

"That's true and after being suffocated himself he .. Joseph isn't it .. may be more receptive." Tamati finished with a half smile.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear

"I hope so. He had to have some help finding all those women and a kid doesn't just wake up one day and decide to start hunting down people from a study fifteen years ago." Violet looked the others for any disagreement. "Give him a little splash to wake him up. Gentle, we want him to be cooperative."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 5
Dennis and Robyn took the car," Ellen said. "Jack will be faster than us in his dog form. If he goes on ahead..."
"Your call Jack but we should hurry, two addresses makes it seem like we're quite not done here yet."
Jack nodded his head. “Yeah, it does.” He looks around the room one last time then adds. “Let’s all get the hell outta here, it’s creepy.”

As they stepped out the door, Jack took on canine traits as he consulted his phone for the location of the second address 3 had given them. “Meet you at Calle Jesús, number sixteen.” Then after a momentary paused added. “See if Dennis and his friend know who Mateo is, it might be helpful.” Then he was off.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

There you are. <Tell the police I'm going to take a call, and keep yourself between Mrs. Rodriguez and the bullets.> Imago communicated to Robyn. <I'm going to pay a surprise visit to Mr. Sniper.> Once stepping away and out of sight around the nearest building, Imago added an extra layer of 'unseen' for himself and then started around to give 3's associate a hello.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Michuru wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:59 pm

All around them he heard glass breaking: Fiore was shattering every window in the building... and evoking a woman's scream from the floor above them.
HH, I'll pause to check if you want to act now or wait until your turn in the next round--behind Lex.
Just making sure you got the response, Mich.
Horsenhero wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:17 pm On a subject related to Lex, but unrelated to Joseph...Kas will hold his action until after Lex goes again.

"Vestige, get ze woman out." Fluxx says into comms. [if possible]
"Something pithy this way comes."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

OVIEDO, 9:30AM (Dennis; NPCs: Robyn)
Sneaking into the building, Dennis found himself outside of the sniper's nest. "Please don't move," he heard the teen muttering to himself. "Please don't move. Please. Just stay in the trunk. Please."

OVIEDO, 9:00AM (Jack, Otso; NPCs: Ellen)
I'm going to hold this scene for a bit until Dennis' is resolved.
SHREWSBURY, 3:00AM (Tamati, Violet; NPCs: Abe, Augustus, Herta, Joseph [K.O.] Shelby)
When Joseph came around, he was bound wrists and ankles and blind-folded. The elder Lear concured with Herta's assessment that Joseph likely needed to be able to perceive his targets in order to suffocate them, and denying him his sight was the best way to protect the group. "Hi, Joseph," Augustus said. "Let me start by assuring you that we're not looking to harm you."

"Let me go!" Joseph demanded.

"No," Augustus said coolly. "We know what you've been up to. We have evidence, Joseph."

"You don't have-"

"We know you've taken lives. We know why. We know about the drug trials. We know that you're targeting women who participated and gave their children up for adoption."

"You can't prove-"

"We can, Joseph. We've done our homework. What's important now is that you cooperate with us."

"I have a right to counsel."

"You would, if you had been arrested. This was strictly a black ops mission, Joseph. You were incapacitated and removed from your home without your parents or siblings knowing we were even there. We can make it so that they never know what happens to you. We could make it so that they join you. We can make them disappear as well. We're not at that stage yet. We're hoping that you'll cooperate with us--answer some questions we have.

"Are you willing to do that, Joseph? Are you willing to cooperate?"

The boy nodded and Augustus looked to his daughter and her friends to ask the first question.

VALENCIA, 11:35AM (Kas, Lex, Martin; NPCs: Beatrice, Buddy, Fiore, Rusty)
All around them he heard glass breaking: Fiore was shattering every window in the building... and evoking a woman's scream from the floor above them. "Vestige," Fluxx said into the comm. link, "get ze woman out."

As Vestige made her way into the back room of the butcher's shop, the Frenchman made his move...
The Order, Round One
  • Domingo (X): Bruised
    • Insubstantial 3 (20)
  • Current (27)
  • Magnitude (22)
  • Vestige (17)
  • Fluxx (14)
  • Fiore (16)
  • The Incredible Shrinking Rusty (8)
  • Eiron (5)
Martin is up.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear

Violet stepped forward to loom over Joseph. Even if he couldn't see her, he'd know she was close. "Like my-" she stopped herself before revealing something she shouldn't "the man said, we're not specifically looking to hurt you. But we are going to stop you killing anymore. What that means is up to you."

"So, two questions. Why did you kill those women and who helped you?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Michuru wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:31 pm
Martin is up.
Fluxx
CND: Fine, Fatigued next Round

Martin steps between the attacker and Lex, blocking line of sight from the American so his idea wouldn't affect his classmate. Magnitude wouldn't be affected either way. Martin took that chance and flung a handful of Magnesium dust at the humanoid flame from one hand and Calcium Perchlorate from the other. If he was right, the two impacting compounds would would flare brilliantly in front of the man's flame aura with an incandescent white light, blinding this 'Domingo'. If he was wrong or off the two would mix early and he wouldn't be able to close his own eyes in time.

Stunting Dazzle, Visual, from his transmutation array, that would be pr 13, which works with his Ranged attack bonus of +3
if it hits, reflex (not evasionable) DC23, recover with Fort DC23.
where's Buddy?
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."