3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: 3E IC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Bladewind »

Dragonmage and all of you, with the exception of Intrepid, Dawnfire and anyone immune to aging has indeed aged about seven years or so. Hard to pinpoint, but your bodies are definitely older.

Summarizing Intrepid, 2 years after your last memory, she assumed active duty with the Legion, and then five years later you were assigned to start time hopping, bringing you here.

Superman accepts a data tablet from a blonde woman while speaking to you.

"Well, I do not believe you could have invented a more colorful tale if you had tried." He taps a few things, swipes up and down on the tablet, "As such, I am inclined to believe you. I have but one encounter with time travel other than this, an attempt to alter this timeline by altering the past. Superman - the original - convinced me otherwise and I am now back in my own time trying to win a war.

"I`d ask for your help, but I think you'll tell me you have a larger objective, despite the importance of mine to me. I am needed on the bridge, so if you need anything, the crew of this vessel will attempt to aid you. "

Dragonmage and the others are able to bring the Timesphere into a shuttle bay and the crew is available as promised. You note that the tech is both more and less advanced if that makes sense, and interacting with it is easy enough. If you need refreshments, you are directed to the galley.

Solarhawk approaches Dragonmage and speaks softly.

"Doesn`t matter if tall dark and dreamy can hear me. I`m starting to think that its not just this Superman that is linked to this scenario,
but all Supermen throughout time. If the Probots are attacking location where a Superman is likely to appear, they could be targets. However, that theory does not explain the Vega system as there was no Superman at the start, but we were joined by a Superman from the future. Unless there was a causality loop involved.

"I hate temporal mechanics."

"If I could add." Dawnfire adds, "Although much of my memory went with my insane power levels, but the Vega system was the point of origin of Omega`s attack as far as we can tell. Even the two Probots that were dispatched and resulted in my creation came from there. Bastion has mentioned a battle in the twentieth century - where Superman was involved. Can we scan records to determine there are other recorded attacks?"

(If anyone does so, please post Investigation or appropriate rolls, please.)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Quantum Kid
[Lyle]
HP: 2 (LP: 1) Condition: Intangible (stuck)
Quantum Kid listens as much as possible to the array of alternative theories on the team's temporal condition. In the end he decides to spend time trying to do something to help by examining the Probot. He wasn't the scientist Brainiac or Dreamie were but he was learning ... a lot of it OTJ, like this mechanoid.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Using various databases and examining the damaged remains, Quantum Kid discovers that the Probot`s tech is very similar to that of of the New Gods.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Quantum Kid
[Lyle]
HP: 2 (LP: 1) Condition: Intangible (stuck)

After double checking his finding with the Superman's ship engineers Quantum Kid called Dragonmage. "Professor Xao? I'm not sure what it means but the Probots have faint traces of Radon and look like they have elements of Fourth World technology ... Does this mean we need to visit the Source Wall?"
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Solarhawk is the one to answer,

"Probably not a bad idea. In looking at the remains of this beastie, I'm wondering if we should take it with us, destroy what<S left of it - I'm sure Supes here wouldn't want it to fall into Luthor's hands - or at the very least take its CPU and destroy the rest.

"As for the Source Wall, seeing as how that's pretty much timeless I don't think we need to go back to our time first, but then again, if there's a link between the Killbot and the Source Wall, i'd rather not bring them together."
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Intrepid
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Intrepid will help with the heavy lifting as needed.

"For what its worth, I think we should get this tech back to our - my? - time so that Brainy can analyze it. There might be something in its drives that might be pertinent.

"The source wall, as Hawk said, is timeless so it does not matter if we go now or centuries ago."
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Quantum Kid

Lyle just nods keeping his thoughts to himself. Being stuck intangible for the moment, he hoped, was enough to keep him occupied . . . .

. . . . Still, the Source Wall was one of the few constants in the universe and it was almost directly related to the Probot. That and generations of Supermen were their few clues for the moment.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Dragonmage

"Take the CPU with us, destroy the rest, but make sure it can't be tracked. If they are serving this Luthor person, then perhaps we can find something in there that can help Superman and find the link with where the droids came from. If it is connected to the Source Wall, then history would suggest that Darkseid is behind this. Let's get moving and analyse later when we don't have to worry about another attack." he ordered the team
Just getting us moving
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

The deactivated robots are easily destroyed, and you are able to recover their CPUs. Superman is relieved when you train your powers - specifically Solar Hawk and Dawn Fire - and melt them to scrap metal. The Man of Steel of this era is genuinely confused by your mission, but wishes you well.

It takes several hours, but with the Time Sphere's capabilities combined with your own, you soon find yourself at the Source Wall. Stone beings, ranging from dog size to monoliths, who attempted to breach the wall form the bulk of the structure, trapped in the wall even as they form it. They stare out into space, eyes unseeing. Some have their mouths opened in silent and endless scream.

Some of the beings you might recognize from legend, but for the most part you don't see anyone you recognize.

If anyone scans the wall with intent to identify, please roll a Perception check.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Dragonmage

He kept quiet for a moment, scanning along the wall for any faces he might recognise, but especially for Darkseid.
Perception: 1d20+9 15
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Dragonmage definitely notes that Darkseid is there, right next to Highfather. The eyes of every being on the wall glow as if the energy from the other side is released into our universe through them.

OOC - I need to know if you returned to your own time or went to the Wall in Superman (Kaleb)'s time.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Quantum Kid

Amazed at the sight of the Source Wall. Barrier between them and the Source, it's boundaries seemed infinite. Some gargantuan in size others microscopic, Lyle gazed upon the features of those who had attempted to go Beyond.
Perception: 27 (Used LP)
http://orokos.com/roll/562864
Last edited by StarGuard on Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Quantum Kid notices two of the Probots, at double normal size, embedded in the wall. They flank what appears to be a portal. The portal is a solid wall of whatever material makes up the Source Wall and is definitely closed. He also notices that two figures, normal size and as a result completely dwarfed by the Probots.

Those figures appear to be Wildfire and Dawnstar.
Last edited by Bladewind on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Quantum Kid
[Lyle]
HP: 2 (LP: 0) Condition: Intangible (stuck)

Professor Xao, do you see them? By the portal. Should we tell Dawnfire?"
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Dream Princess
(Princess Genevieve Orisa Gwinevere Dreamurr Vauxhaul)
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Dreamer hovers near a porthole, looking out at probably one of the most impressive sights anyone could really ever admit to laying eyes on "So guys, see anything interesting??"