Conflux City Guardians

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel
Posts: 2269
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Flynnarrel » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:19 am

Starfish nods at the advice not having much to contribute. "I'll keep trying to ensnare him then."
"Something pithy this way comes."

Prof Weird
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Prof Weird » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:58 am

Alecto
HP : 1
Condition : fatigued

"Different sorts of attacks should keep him off balance - if he tries to evade an ensnarement, he may become vulnerable to my fists or Owl's talons.

Or vice versa."


With that, Alecto strolled in and bellowed "HEY YOU ! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS ?!" - while gesturing at the chronosphere.

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:04 am

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 0
Condition: Normal


Seeing Alecto immediately go for the door, Agent Owl quickly pressed herself against the wall out of the door-frame's view so that she wouldn't be immediately spotted.

OOC
-------------
Stealth: 18

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2269
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Flynnarrel » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:06 am

Starfish's body rises under the power to move water just as her body liquefies becoming water spread out and held on the ceiling. She had no skill at stealth but hopefully he wouldn't look up.
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 953
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Into the belly of the beast

Post by Camus » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:09 am

The three woman move into the room, Alecto showing off as the main target as the Guardians sneak silently behind her. The ominous door opened to reveal what Alecto had already advanced, a massive clockwork device shaped like a sphere. Internal parts of the structure moved seemingly on their own, as plates and parts on the outside also shifted in place. It seemed to be configuring itself, arming, even.
But that doesn't distract you much, as your eyes fall into the monk that is stepping from behind the doomsday device. The Hand of Buddha, the leader of the Heaven's treasure himself. An old indian man, by its looks. He smiles at you, his hands resting in front of him, holding a wooden bead necklace. "This, means our contract is over. This means the time of Conflux city is also over. This miraculous device will carry a powerful message to the rest of the world. And it could already be working if it weren't because of the Guardians and their poor understanding of the nature of the world." He says, spitting the last words as he makes evidently clear he can spot both Agent Owl and Starfish. "Such ungrateful children, even after we treated your friends so well. But you are not beyond salvation, enlightenment will reach you eventually, as it did with your comrades. Oh, and you have the Fury to thank that for." He smiled mischievously, as from behind the sphere, two more monks appear.
But they were not just any monk, they were Grit and Nightstar! Their expression was dull and stoic, as they regarded you with unfriendly eyes.
"We will let enlightenment reach you, and then, we'll get the power gem from that pesky councilwoman. Now prepare to face your righteous judgement!" with that both The Hand and grit and Nightstar shifted to combat stances.

The Hand perception: 23 and 26.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2269
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Flynnarrel » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:07 pm

The shock of seeing her friends near paralyzed Myra. The scientist in her weighed the odds of the two Guardians, battered as they were, their shifty ally, facing off against their brainwashed companions - a near indestructible wrecking machine in human form and an alien teen with way too much power at her disposal along with a monk of unknown abilities. The weighing of those variables against each other came to unhelpful conclusions so she shut down the scientist part of her and emphasized the Atlantean, the friend, and, most important, the Guardian in her.

Such mental jiggering cost her time though.
stealth: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7

edit: Though labelled 'stealth' that's my init modifier.
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:16 pm

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 0
Condition: 2 Bruise


"Treat them well!?" Agent Owl stepped out of her hiding place, it was already made anyways, "You brain-washed them you bastard! There's nothing 'well' about that!" she shouted at the madman!

OOC
-------------
Initiative: 24
Last edited by Nintendogeek01 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prof Weird
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Prof Weird » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:45 am

Alecto
HP : 1
Condition : fatigued

"What - THESE two again ?"
Alecto noted, "They didn't do too well against me the first time !

And fisticuffs as a stalling tactic ? Seriously ?"


She had to agree with Agent Owl on this one - using mind control is pretty much admitting your ideas really aren't as great as you think they are.
Initiative _: 1D20+1 = [2]+1 = 3
- well, guess it's good to get the horrible rolls out the way early ....

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 953
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Final combat!

Post by Camus » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:46 am

Agent Owl is the first to react!

Combat into:
Agent Owl 24 [Fine]
The Hand 15 [Fine]
Grit 12 [Fine]
Starfish 7 [-3 Toughness, Fatigue]
Nightstar 6 [Fine]
Alecto 3 [Fatigued]
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Nintendogeek01
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Nintendogeek01 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:51 pm

Agent Owl
Hero Points: 0
Condition: 2 Bruise


"Scatter," Agent Owl says to her teammate and ally-of-convenience as she throws down the smoke-bomb from earlier to conceal all three of them within the smoke. Once the smoke fully envelopes Agent Owl she uses the smoke as a cover to stealthily make her way to the nearest cover.

OOC
-------------
Standard Action: Throw down smoke bomb.

Result of Standard Action: Create a concealed area that will linger for 1 round.

Move Action: Stealth to some form of cover (even if that means the other side of door-frame or something): 21

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 953
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Final combat!

Post by Camus » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:02 am

The Hand and his monks' outline fades to the blackness of the smoke. As Agent Owl moves stealthily to the side and hides behind a statue of the buddhist god Fudo Mio, she can spot The Hand sitting and murmuring something. Nothing appears to happen... but wait. Nina's visor picks up a spike of energy around the old man. As she looks more careful, she can see the outlines of an invisible barrier around him!
Alecto and Starfish can also see the faint outlines of the energy barrier around The Hand.
Grit walks a few steps forward, without entering the smoke, and claps his hands with thunderous force! Alecto and Starfish feel their ears ringing!

So The Hand has created some type of barrier around himself. It was subtle but you manage to beat the perception DC. Grit is using thunderclap. He gets both Starfish and Alecto in the AoE. Dodge DC 20 for half effect, otherwise Fort 20 or Dazed and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Stunned.
Starfish is up!
Combat into:
Agent Owl 24 [-2 Toughness, Hidden]
The Hand 15 [Fine]
Grit 12 [Fine]
Starfish 7 [-3 Toughness, Fatigue, Concealed]
Nightstar 6 [Fine]
Alecto 3 [Fatigued, Concealed]
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Prof Weird
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Prof Weird » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:08 am

Alecto
HP : 1
Condition : fatigued

"Should have known he could do that !" Alecto groused to herself as Grit's thunderclap slammed into her, "It's a very common powerhouse trick !"
Dodge check vs DC20 _: 1D20 + 9 = [20]+9 = 29
- a Natural 20 on the Dodge ! So she faces a half power DC15 Fort check ...

Fort check vs DC15 _: 1D20 + 9 = [6]+9 = 15
- JUST made it !
She shook her head to clear the ringing out of her ears. "I really need to come up with a plan !"

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2269
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Flynnarrel » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:40 pm

Starfish
HP : 0
Condition : fatigued, -3 toughness, Dazed, Vulnerable (Fort DC15 to recover)
Despite quickly twisting her water form to the edges of the effect the clap still threw Myra off balance.

Myra still knew that the alien girl's powers were most devastating. Her own body solidified and she threw up a dome of water over Nightstar to try to contain her. As she didn't hear the woman move, Starfish is entraping Nightstar's last position.
Create entrap: 1D20 + 8 = [12]+8 = 20
if that hits its a dodge DC20 to avoid being entrapped by an opaque dome of hard water. The construct has Toughness 10 for when she tries to break out and is stationary with ST 10 if she tries to move it.

Recovery question. It says I'd roll to recover at the end of each turn; is that MY turn or the turn of the Affliction instigator(Grit)?[
I think it's the instigator's turn.
/quote]
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 953
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Final combat!

Post by Camus » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:52 pm

The water moves by itself like an amoeba and lunges forward forming a dome over Nightstar, who is unable to get out of the way, flying too late to her side and slamming against the solidified water. She sighs heavily concentrating her energy on her fist and then slams it against the dome! Luckily only the energy clad fist goes through, leaving a small hole.

Nightstar rolls a 9 on her dodge so she's trapped. Now she attacks the dome, but the dome resists with a 20
Alecto and then Agent Owl are up!
Combat into:
Agent Owl 24 [-2 Toughness, Hidden]
The Hand 15 [Fine]
Grit 12 [Fine]
Starfish 7 [-3 Toughness, Fatigue, Concealed]
Nightstar 6 [Fine, Trapped ()Dome is damage -1]
Alecto 3 [Fatigued, Concealed]
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Prof Weird
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Conflux City Guardians

Post by Prof Weird » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:49 am

Alecto
HP : 1
Condition : fatigued

Alecto noticed Nightstar getting trapped within a bubble of water. Then trying to punch through it.

"Excellent ! That'll keep one of the threats at bay for a bit ! Now, which of the two remaining ones to deal with ... ?

Grit is a turtle when he needs to be - but he has to drop that defense if he wants to attack ! I could strike him now, and not have to worry about recoil.

But he's just one of the two puppets. Take out the puppet master, and the puppets fall !"


With that, she flexed her claws and flexed her wings, gaining altitude before going after The Hand - but before she was within ten feet, she stopped short and started her chant !

"Hear the hymn of hell,
O'er the victim sounding,-
Chant of frenzy, chant of ill,
Sense and will confounding!
Round the soul entwining
Without lute or lyre-
Soul in madness pining,
Wasting as with fire!"
Using the Chant of Tartarus on The Hand : Perception Affliction 10 (Entranced/Stunned/Incapacitated; Will Resist and Recover; Cumulative +1, Sense Dependent (Hearing) -1).

She's out of the smoke, and no longer concealed.

Post Reply