New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Post by Arkrite »

Yeah, looking at the power box would only really tell you the power consumed.

And even with his powers looking at the power box would only really give him a feel for the usage.
As for profiling by usage...
Well, if it's a house and every other house is using 901 kWh per month, and that house is using 2000 kWh per month... it's not hard to see something strange might be going on there ;~)

But, yeah, it only indicates oddities. And if you had your setup in a warehouse I doubt the cops would even notice since that would be a location that would normally get large amounts of electrical costs anyways.

Anyways, I meant to indicate that Lex was using his electrical sense on the building to pick up details about what's going on in there, not just staring at the electrical box.
I don't think my character would be able to suss out details from the building intake even with Analytical. Not unless there's a significant time jump. Say two... three hundred years?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Martin's actually making a common mistake made by the young and inexperienced - the assumption that people are like him. He knows chemicals with powers that manipulate chemical structures, Tatjana, who sings, has powers that work through her voice, therefore someone who's powers are electricity should know about electrical things. Lex actually knowing about electricity will not help him grow out of this assumption.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Anything for Violet or just waiting for Augustus to answer the phone? Should I just send her inside?
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Shock wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:25 pm Anything for Violet or just waiting for Augustus to answer the phone? Should I just send her inside?
I flubbed up and forgot you were calling him. We’ll have Violet just go in and wake his lazy butt up.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I thought I'd try translating it through google translate, see how that worked.

It's a lot of extra work and I think it's going to make it harder for people to track what I'm doing, so I'll probably just default back to the <<Spanish: Hey guys!>> method of showing when he's talking a different language.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Arkrite wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:39 am I thought I'd try translating it through google translate, see how that worked.

It's a lot of extra work and I think it's going to make it harder for people to track what I'm doing, so I'll probably just default back to the <<Spanish: Hey guys!>> method of showing when he's talking a different language.
I like that idea, makes it a lot easier
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tactical error by Tamati there. might be better for self-preservation to stay out of that but you gotta support your girl there
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Yes that is very true but in Tamati's defence he does have older and younger sisters and he is still young :D
Shock

Post by Shock »

Not saying I wouldn't have done the same thing in his place. I'd be terrified to get into the middle of that ;}
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

:D
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

A power outage (that was fixed) yesterday led to apparently my wifi router/modem not working. Expect my posting to be spotty over these following days.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Gilliam wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:30 am
Arkrite wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:39 am I thought I'd try translating it through google translate, see how that worked.

I like that idea, makes it a lot easier
It depends on who my POV character is. At the moment, I'm using the actual Spanish, because Martin's nose makes him the best POV character for these scenes. In narration, I can describe what Martin is smelling... Martin doesn't speak Spanish though, so when they talk, I present it as alien to him. Unless flynnarrel actually speaks Spanish, in which case none of that looks weird to him.

If I was using Lex as a POV, I'd use <<this to represent what he's hearing>>, letting the symbols denote that it's a foreign language, but to Lex, it all sounds normal.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Yo hablo un poquito Espanol; Pero nessecito practicar.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Post by Shock »

I got the feeling this choice with Joseph is going to be a big deal

And no matter what, Lex won't be happy ;}
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Shock wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:42 pm I got the feeling this choice with Joseph is going to be a big deal

And no matter what, Lex won't be happy ;}
Well, don't tell Lex and there's no problem.

"New kid, huh?"

"YES! HE TURNS INVISIBLE AND SUFFOCATES PEOPLE AND CERTAINLY HASN'T EVER GONE ON A MURDERSPREE!"

"Cool. Does he play any instruments?"

See? No problem.