New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gilliam

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 1
Condition: Normal
Before he could decide whether or not to stay bonded to her, Doctor Fisher announced the start of the exercise. The group watched as a tyrannosaurus rex broke through the trees and roared at them.

A klaxon sounded and Herta was off like a shot; Napoleon was hot on her heels.
"Is that you David?" was the first thing that Tamati said seeing the T-Rex roaring at them before realising that he was now being dragged along by Herta as she went for the attack.

"Here goes nothing ..." Tamati lined up the dinosaur extending his arms until his hands enveloped the head of the dinosaur cutting off its air supply " .. bad Taniwha time to go to sleep."

"If this doesn't work we need to either trap or slow it down and then take pot shots at it from a distance."
I am assuming that Tamati hadn't separated himself from Herta before she went to attack.

Taheka Suffocate Attack: 1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21

Should be a hit for a DC19 Fortitude Save vs Suffocation

And I have just realised that while I talked about updating Taheka I didn't actually do it :(
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 6 CND: Normal

Lex nodded as he listened to Martin's comment.

It was basically the same thing Lex was saying right back to Martin. Martin was willing to throw in with the guy because he'd been caught with Tatjana, but that didn't really prove much. Maybe he could have escaped. Maybe he couldn't. Being friendly with the teen demigod seemed like the safest escape route either way. Hell, Lex couldn't imagine how Martin would have responded had he learned the guy just bailed on his girlfriend.

He was putting a lot of faith on just one instance where he didn't have the full story.

Lex was probably doing the same, but in his defense he had enough first hand knowledge to know he wouldn't trust that mage as far as he could hurl lightning.

He also noted that Martin didn't answer his question. That was strangely reassuring.

Martin was a good person, but he trusted people way to easily and some day that was going to get him hurt. And Lex didn't want to see that.

"Man, you are way too nice to people," He said with a chuckle, "But, hell, don't you ever change."

He leans forward and stage whispers, "'cause nobody wants you to turn out a cranky bastard like me, ya know?"

He forced a smile and sat back, but his eyes had never left the field the entire time. If Otso wasn't jumping in he felt obligated to hold off. Beatrice looked to be in far more danger than his friends. But the instant the bear went in he'd be right behind him...
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 6->5
COND: Unharmed

"Start working it out then." Imago took focus on the T-Rex. "I'll try to keep it off balance." Imago set up the usual thing people were used to seeing, the pummeling flurry of ethereal fists.
Perception Stun 8, surge, cancel fatigue with HP, Perception Damage 8.
Will DC 18, then Will DC 23.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Michuru

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Michuru »

THE STANDS (Non-Sophomores)
Lex's eyes were on Beatrice's team. He had a personal stake in them: not only had she chosen his brother, but also his friend and his friend's girlfriend. Together, he team consisted of a bird-man, a human mood ring, a loudmouth, a girl who could see movement, and whatever the last one could do. If this was a combat scenario, they were done for.

Then, Lex saw their opponent: a tyrannosaurus rex stomping towards them. "Oh this is bull$#!+!" he roared. He subconsciously began to ramp up his powers. He was eyeing the stands. He could leap over Jack and Martin, grab the rail, slide down the wall and to the arena floor.

Before he could move, he watched as Beatrice bulked up. "What the hell was that?" he asked as Martin and Otso cheered for their classmates.

He had missed Kas rising to his feet. "What he said," the blind youth muttered.

"That's magic," said Jack matter-of-factly.

"Ja, I know," Kas said. "Since when does Beatrice know magic? Who taught it to her?"

"I'd say since the last couple months."

"Oh good. Magic." Lex sat back in his seat and scowled at the scene before him. "So, like, where'd she pick that up? Because the only people I know who know that spent the last half a year trying to break our school. Seriously, have we met anybody who knows magic that isn't evil?

"Besides Beatrice.

"I hope."

Martin turned and raised a hand. "Do you not recall Rembrandt? Ze man in ze funny 'at. 'E was okay."

"Riiight, wasn't that the guy who introduced himself by saying he was going to blow up a mall if we didn't do what he said?"

"It was an uninhabited store. And I did not say 'e was a saint, but 'e did 'elp me when I was in a tight spot. So no, not 'evil'."

"In an inhabited mall, man. That's the kind of thing that turns an emergency exit into a meat grinder." Lex rolled his eyes. "Okay, so let me ask you, is he the kind of guy you'd really want teaching your girlfriend magic?"

"Lex, 'e was captured and tortured by Siegfried's mercenaries, alongside my girlfriend, protecting 'er as best 'e could, even zough wiz 'is abilities and ze particular artifact 'e bore, I am most certain 'e did not 'ave to let 'imself be taken; I would say you do not know ze 'ole story of it - only a narrow, immutable opinion based off of one singular zing, Lex. Please, I know you do not easily change your mind on a zing once it is set, I suggest we go back to watching ze event." With a half-shrug, Martin turned around to continue watching the match.

"Man, you are way too nice to people," Lex chuckled. "But, hell, don't you ever change." He leaned forward, whispering to Martin, "'Cause nobody wants you to turn out a cranky bastard like me, ya know?"

TEAM VIOLET (Dennis and Violet; NPCs: Derryl-731, Heidi, Sarah)
The dinosaur endured Dennis' hit and kept coming. Undaunted, Dennis pushed himself to hit it again, this time leaving it momentarily dazed.
Map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/siqwif80uq1bu ... 2.jpg?dl=0

The Order – Round One
  • Dennis (20)
  • T-Rex (14 – E4): Bruised, Stunned (Dennis, R1)
  • Violet (13)
  • Heidi (5)
  • Derryl (20)
  • Sarah (1)
T-Rex - Will - DC 18: 1d20+8 18 & T-Rex - Will - DC 23: 1d20+8 16 Bruised and stunned.

Derryl will drop initiative to Sarah.

Dino is stunned.

Violet is up.
TEAM ASTRID (NPCs: Agnes, Astrid, Finn, Lena, Mike)
The sight of Mike stumbling back sent Astrid racing across the field. "He's the only one of us who can stop it!" she called back. "We have to buy him time!"

Rushing up to the dinosaur, Astrid began waving her arms over her head. "Come on, you stupid lizard! I'm much tastier than he is!"

Soon, Finn and Lena were rushing out to join her, all while Agnes moved to help Mike get away.

The feint worked: the dinosaur chomped down on Astrid. She fell back to the ground and vanished from the simulation.

The Order – Round Two
  • Astrid (26 - D13): Bruised, Stunned, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Finn (18)
  • Lena (17)
  • Troubadour (17 – E13): Bruised, Stunned (R1)
  • Agnes (13)
  • T-Rex (3 – E10)
The t-rex will go for Astrid: T-Rex - Attack: 1d20+12 21 & Verve - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20+5 10 Astrid is down.
TEAM HERTA (Tamati; NPCs: Herta, Mickie, Napoleon, Regina)
"Here goes nothing." Tamati lined up the dinosaur extending his arms until his hands enveloped the head of the dinosaur cutting off its air supply. "Bad Taniwha! Time to go to sleep." The tyrannosaurus bucked its head, snorting as it freed itself from Tamati's attempt to bring it down.

"We need to either trap or slow it down and then take pot shots at it from a distance."

The dinosaur's head swung towards Herta and Tamati. "Get off!" Herta roared. "Now!"

As Tamati leapt clear, the creature chomped into Herta. Tamati's didn't see any blood or flesh fly from her svelte form, nor did he hear bones snapping at the prehistoric creature's jaws clamped down around her. Instead, he saw pixels shift as Herta collapsed to the ground and then vanished from sight.

Herta was out, but her team was still in it. Back behind the starting line, a transformed Mickie grabbed an untransformed Regina. "Ready?" the metal girl asked.

Regina took a deep breath. "As ready as I'll ever be."

With all her might, Mickie hurled Regina for the dinosaur. As she flew through the air, Regina transformed into a living black hole and slammed into the beast.

As it stumbled back, Napoleon suddenly burst into flames. He moved to grab at the tyrant king, only to watch as it wobbled out of his grasp.

The Order – Round One/Two
  • Herta (54 – D7): Bruised, Staggered, Stunned, Unconscious
  • Napoleon (40 – F7): Super-Speed 1, Energy Aura 8
  • Tamati (9)
  • T-Rex (7 – E4): Bruised, Staggered, Stunned (Regina, R1)
  • Mickie (18)
  • Regina (5)
T-Rex - Fortitude - DC 19: 1d20+16 26

The dinosaur will go for Herta: T-Rex - Attack: 1d20+12 26 & Tantivy - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20+4 8 Herta is out.

Mickie is going to throw Regina. In her transformed state, Mickie has more than enough strength to actually throw Regina in her untransformed state--basically a Fastball Special. Steve tackled this one back in 1E, and I think it's the best way to go (replacing "Ram" with "Slam", obviously). So, Mickie will try to hit the target: Armorer - Attack: 1d20+2 21 and Regina will have effectively slammed the dinosaur. T-Rex - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20+10 13

Round two will kick off with Napoleon, dumping his speed into his energy aura and then try to hug the dino's leg. Napoleon IX - Attack: 1d20 8 Napoleon fails.

Tamati is up, Gilliam.
TEAM ROSE (NPCs: Derryl-333, Kelly, Melissa, Rose, Shelby)
Again, the plants moved but failed to connect with their target. As Rose cursed herself, Derryl called out to Shelby: "Let's hit him together!" he called. Shelby turned and nodded, just as the dinosaur again tried to bite into her.

The Order – Round Two
  • Rose (17 – C13): Bruised, Staggered, Stunned (Derryl, R2)
  • T-Rex (7 - E4): Bruised
  • Melissa (6)
  • Shelby (15 – J4): Bruised, Stunned (T-Rex, R2)
  • Derryl (6 – J7)
  • Kelly (4 - E7)
Thorn - Attack: 1d20+6 7 Yeesh.

T-Rex will go for Shelby: T-Rex - Attack: 1d20+12 32 Aaaand actually get around her impervious. Cool. Cacophony - Toughness - DC 30: 1d20+12 24 Bruised and stunned.

Melissa will chill.

Shelby is stunned.

Derryl will have to cut loose on his wail. Flynn makes a point about dino reflexes, so... T-Rex - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+12 22 & Thorn - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+3 22 - T-Rex - Toughness - DC 19: 1d20+13 28 & Thorn - Toughness - DC 19: 1d20+4 7

Kelly will fly in and move to get in the dino's face.
TEAM BEATRICE (NPCs: Beatrice, Cassidy, Doug, Nicole, Steven)
The dinosaur charged for Beatrice. It threw back it's head as it neared the starting area. It swung down and bit into her and Beatrice took the blow without flinching.

"WHAT. THE HELL. WAS THAT!?!" roared Steven.

Beatrice looked at him casually. "Nozing I cannot dealt wiz." As the dinosaur began to pull back its head, Beatrice slugged it in the snout.

The dinosaur gave a slight whimper.

Steven continued to stare blankly at the magus. "WHAT THE HELL!?!"

"So she's beefy," Cassidy said as she lunged forward. "Pretty sure our job is to help her!"

"Non!" Beatrice roared as Cassidy stumbled and missed her target. "I told you: I do not need 'elp!"

"Tough!" Doug spat as he took flight. He flew up into the dinosaur's face and swiped at it with his talons. "You're getting it!"

The Order – Round Two
  • T-Rex (16 - E16): Bruised
  • Steven (15)
  • Beatrice (10 - E19): Bruised
  • Cassidy (9)
  • Quail (6)
  • Chameleon (5)
The dinosaur will move and attack. Since no one has really moved out of the starting zone yet, I'm going to let the dice decide the target. BM: 1, CH: 2, DF: 3, NM: 4, SM: 5: 1d5 1 Beatrice it is. T-Rex - Attack: 1d20+12 32 Of course. Vestige - Toughness - DC 30: 1d20+8 11 Fiating to reroll for her. Everyone gets a hero point. Vestige - Toughness - DC 30: 1d20+8 26 That'll do.

Steven will do nothing.

Beatrice will punch a dinosaur in the face: Vestige - Attack: 1d20+2 22 And that happened. T-Rex - Toughness - DC 28: 1d20+14 24

Succubus - Attack: 1d20+2 6 Swing and a miss.

Quail - Attack: 1d20+2 10 Doug'll miss too.

Nicole will pass.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 3

Kas listened to Martin and Lex argue back and forth concerning a mage who apparently got captured with Tatjana and tortured by Siegfried. He didn't remember the incident himself, but it was likely an event that occurred just before he got to the school or when he was relatively new to campus. Kas knew Siegfried from the day Jack attained immortality, but little else beyond that. In the end the argument did little to move the needle on his own opinion of magic and the people who were drawn to it. Not that he would completely discount the possibility of a benevolent motive, but magic seemed as risky a thing to pursue as political power or wealth. The pursuit of power of any sort held the potential for corruption, magic especially so.

He would simply have to observe and try to learn what he could. If Beatrice's motives or the motives of whomever (or whatever) was responsible for her instruction were questionable, it was certain nobody would confess them to him. Students tended to clam up a bit around Kas, whether it was in regard to partying or drug use or any number of illicit activities. Others just assumed he was going to rat them out or try to ruin their fun. He supposed it wasn't an unjust assumption given his activities, but it isolated him socially and guaranteed nobody was going to reveal secrets to him.

He suppressed a sigh. He really only wanted to help people, but people were suspicious of altruism. He recalled clearly the response of one French woman after apprehending some carjackers. He remembered her clearly, she was an intriguing blend of sophisticated and bohemian, sexy in a way German girls just never seemed to be able to pull off.

"I'm certain you think you are doing good, but you junior Vindicators are like the Hitler Youth, just trainee oppressors."

Not that her opinion changed his mind about what he wanted to do, but it hammered home the knowledge that people will be suspicious of your motives no matter what your actions. Beatrice would never confess anything to him, nor would any of her confidantes. He would just have to hope she told Otso and he was able to stop things before the pursuit of power corrupted Vestige. With an internal shrug, he turned his attention back to the contest below.

Just as he refocused, the metallic girl picked up one another of the new students he didn't know and hurled her at the T-Rex. In mid-flight she changed into a living gravity well. Kas's mouth went dry instantly as the swirling cascade of particles around her blossomed in his mind's eye. She was the most beautiful thing Kas had ever witnessed.

"Unglaublich...she's beautiful." He didn't even realize he was speaking out loud.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Martin sat up as not one but two of the lowerclassmen veritably disappeared into the gullet of the reptilians beasts. A quick scenting of the arena assured him that the Wreck Room's safeguards were in operation - they had vanished from the active arena, their wounds (if, indeed, they had any) would be addressed.

Martin cheered as the girl who's name was 'Regina', meaning 'queen', nearly downed the 'Rex', meaning 'king', but he was a nerd like that.

He winced as one of the Derryl's sound attack nearly felled Thorn, it was an all-too-familiar situation that Martin could sympathize with. He leaned in to Tatjana, "If your sound focusing device works as intended per'aps I'll need to mass produce it for ze number of sonic area powersets at zis school." He also briefly pondered if the Derryl's would forever be designated as Rose-Derryl vs. Violet-Derryl as a way to differentiate them.

"By ze way, if you wanted to learn magic I *would* indeed 'ave endorsed Rembrandt. But I also know of ozer avenues in zat regard if you are interested." he told his girlfriend in confidence.

Martin again cheered as Beatrice's team, unbidden by her, leapt in to contribute. "Flank him!" he screamed down, not knowing if they could hear him. "Do not try to damage, try to distract to support Visage's attacks!" he called down like a man yelling at a football match on television. Only after did he realize that he might not be allowed to yell out tactical advice. "Sorry." he apologized to any faculty nearby.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 9
Condition: Fatigued next turn, Defense 22
Position: E3

Violet was definitely not expecting a dinosaur. But Dennis' quick action gave her enough time to overcome her surprise. She shot forward, icing up as she went. When she got close to the dinosaur, she made a small ramp, used it to leap high into the air and bring an oversized ice club down on its head. The club shattered on impact but Violet didn't slow to see its effect before landing in a roll between the T-rex's legs and thrusting an ice sword straight up into its gut.
Speed 2 should be enough to get into melee range. Power attack for 5, Defensive attack for 2
Ice club attack: 1d20+2 19 That's Toughness DC27 with Penetrating
Surge for a 2nd attack
Ice Sword attack: 1d20+2 18 2nd Toughness DC27 with Penetrating
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 6 CND: Normal

Lex stands and cups his hands by his mouth and roars, "Go for the eyes, Quail, go for the eyes!"
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 2

It was kind of hard to keep track of everything going on with all the teams going at the same time.

Jack mostly focused on Herta and Bea's teams. He had to admit that Herta's group seemed to be starting off good, while Bea's not so much as apparently her plan was to show off her magical abilities, that improved her alone apparently, and didn't take into account the stubbornness of her teammates.

Still it was interesting to watch and Jack couldn't help but wonder what the students who watched his class' Blitz thought of how that had went.

Then he hears Kas talking.
"Unglaublich...she's beautiful."
Jack started to open his mouth to ask which girl he was talking about, but decided not to press the issue and closed his mouth.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 6
Cnd: Fine

Otso was paying attention to only one match, literally sitting at the edge of his seat. He remembered the team-training excersize they'd had what felt so long ago when his team fought a simulation of Paragon. He knew how real it felt like training with the hard-light holograms.

He winced as the Tyrannosaurus Rex bit down on Beatrice, his hands clenching into fists instinctively. Then he punched the air, cheering, as she hauled back and slugged the dinosaur on it's snout.
Last edited by McGuffin on Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 1
Condition: Normal

"No not again" was all Tamat could think seeing the T-Rex chomp down on Herta, for a moment it felt like he was back on board the spaceship watching Wally been sliced apart "No Herta will be okay it is only a test not real" Tamati tried to reassure himself.

Yet instinctively Tamati was already moving away from the T-Rex to give himself room for his return attack. As Regina staggered the dinosaur Tamati let out a wild cheer

"Whoo hoo. What a shot that T-Rex won't forget you in a hurry. It's on the ropes lets hit with everything we have got even you French dude."

Lifting his arms Tamati sent a stream of high pressured water towards the T-Rex.
Taheka will move to B6 and then Blast the T-Rex
Taheka Blast: 1D20+7 = [11]+7 = 18

DC24 Toughness Save if it hits.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

THE STANDS (Non-Sophomores)
"By ze way, if you wanted to learn magic I would indeed 'ave endorsed Rembrandt. But I also know of ozer avenues in zat regard if you are interested."

Tatjana laughed. “No, I don’t think I have the chops for that.”

Behind them, they could hear Roger Murphy cheering for Beatrice’s team: his youngest son was in the fight, as were Doug and Nicole—two students he had gotten close to. “Show him, Doug!” he roared.

TEAM VIOLET (Dennis and Violet; NPCs: Derryl-731, Heidi, Sarah)

The Order – Round Two
  • Dennis (20)
  • T-Rex (14 – E4): Bruised x3, Stunned (Violet, R1)
  • Violet (13)
  • Heidi (5)
  • Derryl (20)
  • Sarah (1)
First hit: T-Rex - Toughness - DC 27: 1d20+13 19 Bruised and stunned. Second hit: T-Rex - Toughness - DC 27: 1d20+12 24 Third bruise.

Heidi, Derryl, and Sarah will all start to move.

Second round, Dennis is up.
TEAM ASTRID (NPCs: Agnes, Astrid, Finn, Lena, Mike)
As Finn and Lena flailed about, trying to draw the dinosaur’s attention, Mike returned to whistling Puff the Magic Dragon. Suddenly, the tyrannosaurus lowered its head and became docile. Like that, their chamber of the Wreck Room was bathed in red light. The dinosaur disappeared. The jungle faded away. Doctor Talley was beside Astrid, waving smelling salts under her nose.

On the wall ahead of them, a score appeared: “Four points?” Mike read as Lena ran to check on Astrid. “That’s good, right?”

The Order – Round Three
  • Astrid (26 - D13): Bruised, Stunned, Staggered, Unconscious
  • Finn (18)
  • Lena (17)
  • Troubadour (17 – E13): Bruised
  • Agnes (13)
  • T-Rex (3 – E10)
Finn and Lena will make it to the dinosaur and try to bait it into coming for them. The dinosaur’s Toughness save means he rolls their minimum damage on a 1, so… no point in really rolling attacks for them.

Troubadour will again try to mind control it: Troubadour - Mind Control: 1d20+8 27 & T-Rex - Will - DC 27: 1d20+8 13 Mike will make the dino stand down.

Three rounds; one loss.
TEAM HERTA (Tamati; NPCs: Herta, Mickie, Napoleon, Regina)
Tamati cheered as Regina slammed into the t-rex. "Woo-hoo! What a shot!” he roared. “That T-Rex won't forget you in a hurry!” With Herta removed from battle, someone needed to step into her shoes as leader. “It's on the ropes! Let’s hit it with everything we have got! Even you, French dude!"

Before the displaced prince could act, Mickie charged at the dinosaur. “Jump back, what’s that sound? Here she comes, full blast and top down!” The metal girl lowered her shoulder and slammed into the beast’s leg, sending it toppling to the side. “Hot shoe! Burnin’ down the avenue! Model citizen! Zero discipline!”

The dinosaur began to fall onto Tamati, only to begin to disintegrated into pixels before it even touched him. All around them, the jungle vanished, replaced with a red light and a score displayed on the far wall: “3 PTS.”

As he took in the change in terrain, Tamati noticed something else: Doctor Bacon helping Herta to her feet.

The Order – Round Two
  • Herta (54 – D7): Bruised, Staggered, Stunned, Unconscious
  • Napoleon (40 – F7): Super-Speed 1, Energy Aura 8
  • Tamati (9)
  • T-Rex (7 – E4): Bruised x2, Staggered x2, Stunned, Unconscious
  • Mickie (18)
  • Regina (5)
T-Rex - Toughness - DC 24: 1d20+13 33

Dino is stunned on it’s turn.

Mickie will charge. Armorer - Charge: 1d20+4 14 With the -2 Defense from stun, that’ll hit. T-Rex - Toughness - DC 28: 1d20+13 15 Second staggered condition knocks it out.

Two rounds; one loss.
TEAM ROSE (NPCs: Derryl-333, Kelly, Melissa, Rose, Shelby)
The dinosaur bit into Cacophony, only for her to endure the attack better than she last had. “Ready, Derryl?” she called.

“Ready!”

Together, the pair screamed. Kelly covered her ears and remained in the air, but the pressure seemed to be enough to knock out Rose.

The Order – Round Three
  • Rose (17 – C13): Bruised x2, Staggered x2, Unconscious
  • T-Rex (7 - E4): Bruised
  • Melissa (6)
  • Shelby (15 – J4): Bruised, Stunned (T-Rex, R2)
  • Derryl (6 – J7)
  • Kelly (4 - E7)
Flynn is right about the Concentration check: Cacophony - Concentration - DC 18: 1d20+1 19 She makes it.

Rose is stunned.

The T-Rex will go for Shelby again: T-Rex - Attack: 1d20+12 26 His bite doesn’t get past her impervious.

Melissa will pass.

Shelby and Derryl will combine their attack. Steve long ago said you can combine area attacks, but failed to mention what happens to the initial Reflex save. So… I’m going to have the T-Rex roll one Reflex save at the base DC, then pump the better damage bonus by +2. T-Rex - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+12 25 & T-Rex - Toughness - DC 20: 1d20+13 31

Rose and Kelly are caught in it: Thorn - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+7 9 & Thorn - Toughness - DC 20: 1d20+3 8 That’ll drop Rose - Leannán Sí - Reflex - DC 18: 1d20+6 26 Tax evasion saves Kelly.

Kelly’s just there to act as a distraction.
TEAM BEATRICE (NPCs: Beatrice, Cassidy, Doug, Nicole, Steven)
The dinosaur swung its head at the winged boy trying to rake its eyes out. Doug wasn’t one of the school’s heavy hitters. His powers were nothing special. None of their powers were. Beatrice could see movement. Nicole changed colours. Who even knew what Cassidy did?

If Steven stood behind the weakest students this school had—students whose powers weren’t the most combat-ready—what did that say about him?

“All right, you dumb piece of $#^+!” he roared. “Give me your worst!”

A savage cry leapt from Beatrice as she likewise swung and missed the dinosaur.

“Ugh!” Cassidy groaned as their opponent stepped out of the way of her own attempt to touch it. “How is something so big this hard to hit!”

Doug’s talons raked the flesh near its eye, but failed to even agitate the beast. “Hitting is easy,” he called down, “hurting it’s harder.”

The Order – Round Three
  • T-Rex (16 - E16): Bruised
  • Steven (15)
  • Beatrice (10 - E19): Bruised
  • Cassidy (9)
  • Quail (6): Bruised
  • Chameleon (5)
The t-rex will go for Doug: T-Rex - Attack: 1d20+12 26 & Quail - Toughness - DC 25: 1d20+4 24 Doug escapes with a bruise.

Steven - Attack: 1d20+1 12 Swing and a miss.

Vestige - Attack - Aggressive Stance: 1d20+4 14

Succubus - Attack: 1d20+2 8

Quail - Attack: 1d20+2 16 Doug hits! T-Rex - Toughness - DC 16: 1d20+14 34 Nothing happens!
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Martin's voice joined the other exultations as Herta's team dispatched their foe..... They seemed to do it quickest [2 rounds]. So the point allocation system seemed funny.

Martin applauded as Mike charmed the beast. For some reason it reminded him that he needed to follow up with the French teen to see if the penis regrowth that Martin performed a few months ago was still functioning adequately. Martin shook off the awkwardly timed thought.

Violet's team seemed to have their opponent injured and reeling. Still no magic use from Dennis. Maybe the other-worlder wanted to keep that card hidden for now.

Martin cringed as Rose crumpled under the dual screams with no appreciable affect to the reptile. He'd witnessed that situation far too often for his liking. Still, he had to credit the teamwork.

Beatrice's team had no casualties but their foe did not seem to be slowing appreciably. Martin cringed as the dinosaur's jaws got a piece of the were-quail but seemed to do little or nothing. That earned a look of respect! They still weren't coming together as a team, though. This wouldn't go well for them otherwise.
[If Doug rolled a 20 that should be no damage, right?]
Question about the combined area attacks, were they in each others' areas and have to make saves vs. the others' area effect? (Unless they're immune of course).
"Something pithy this way comes."
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 7->6
COND: Unharmed

Imago kept the battered T-Rex taking more of a battering under insubstantial fisticuffs.

In truth Martin would have been only partly correct in assuming Dennis was keeping his magical training a secret. Simply put, he hadn't mastered the spells that produced something large enough to be of use, and given the nature of the simulation the healing spell he'd puzzled out was more than a little unnecessary.
Perception Damage 8, surge, cancel fatigue with HP, Perception Damage 8.
Will DC 23, twice.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Magnitude
Kasimir Flaegler
HP 3

Kas watched the battles unfold, impressed at some of the outcomes from various teams. He wasn't the boisterous type generally speaking so he didn't shout or cheer, though he sort of wished he felt comfortable with that sort of display this one time. Instead, he paid close attention so he could compliment the participants personally afterward, assuming he ran into any of them.

There was one he had to meet though, but he didn't know who she was. After a moments' hesitation, he cleared his throat and tapped Ellen on the shoulder.

"Excuse me Ellen, but do you know who that girl is?" He asked, (pointing at Regina Sway) doing his best to keep his voice level and free of the excitement he felt coursing through his veins.