(OOC) Children of the Atom (An X-Men AU game, M&M 3E)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: (OOC) Children of the Atom (An X-Men AU game, M&M 3E)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ana's going to wait a split seccond to see if you can actually find a way to talk them out of this. IE, delayed til after you.

And pretty sure everyone besides her is.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Gelignite's on the ground in the shrinking gas cloud. Robbie, Wally, Kevin and Brittney are all in the open. Ana is in the open, but still concealed due to the rain. Yes, it's still raining in case anyone forgot. >.>
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

AFK

Will post tonight.
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Just need some clarification before i do the oepratives' turn.

Wally was just calling out that last bit of his dialogue correct? Since he's in stunt mode for his array, so can't use his communicate power just yet. Also wondering how he intends to see in the foggy cloud himself. Still, probably one of the better moves towards ending this fight non-violently. :P

So let's take stock... Thermic and Ice can see infrared, so they can at least see where the people are in relation to other things by heat, Sharq can smell accurately (And this super moist fog probably feels amazing to her, both being in and breathing it), and Redline and Skew are effectively blind for the moment pending some kind of stunt.

You've got one unconscious student and 5 heavily injured, but stable, adults that it seems you want to move to the manor, while letting the remaining 16 operatives (2 drivers, 1 passenger and 13 not unconscious combat operatives) to fumble about in the cloud with their means of getting out of here fried but access still to their weapons and either a long hike back to town or a short walk to the manor.

I believe that about sums up the situation, yes? Did I miss anything?
Goodness this turned into a glorious little fustercluck, didn't it? xD
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Yes. Just Words.
And Wally can't see through the fog cloud.

(*I* actually forgot that Sharq's smell was Accurate, heh.)

A moderate walk to where they can get to a payphone for a ride (perfectly willing to abandone their comrades as dead since they were willing to engage in this dangerous op in the first place), or a short walk to where they'll have to use their guns (which have not worked so far) to get any sort of assistance and thus become the aggressors they were trying to show that the kids were. Nope, got everything.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Aw, no peacefully intimidated ceasefire today it seems. Well, time to get on with the punching and disarming.
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

And don't forget Kevin is largely invisible even to Thermic.

I'm ready to stunt my flight thing, but will wisely wait my turn this time around.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Actually, I forgot one part so everyone hold off for the moment. >_>

This is what I get for posting from my phone at work.

Edit: and fixed.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I think Bladewind had a moveable object in mind for transporting all the peeps. Move object would require an attack roll to affect unwilling participants.

That having been said, they expressed quite pointedly what they think of your plan to bring them or their injured to the manor, doing it anyways could he construed as abduction.

The aftermath of this is going g to be glorious. :twisted:
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Oh boy I can't wait! :? ;;
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:25 pm I think Bladewind had a moveable object in mind for transporting all the peeps.
Indeed.
Although I did initially write up the calculations for a flight effect.

Stunting the addition of Moveable to his Create is much simpler.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I thought Create said you couldn't use it that way. Maybe that was just 2E or a GM with a stricter interpretation.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Rereading it now.

There are specific rules for dropping things on people and an extra for making it movable.The movable extra gives you a Move Object rank equal to your effect rank, so should work. Except the weight of the object created counts to your Max Weight.

Edit - by that logic, since he can create up to 250 cft at Rank 8, and I can`t see him needing more than a sheet of 15 foot by 15 foot by 1 foot (just simplify and call it 15 cft) I`d say that the weight of the sheet is 800 lbs leaving 2400 lbs of carry-able mass.

Alternatively, he can Create the ice platform one round (it's permanent), and then stunt a move object effect with a medium of must be also lift snow.

GM's call. :D

Incidentally, as a player, I love civilized rules discussions.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Hmmm.. looking at Kevin's sheet, he mainly just creates ice, he doesn't telekinetically move it, at least, not on his base level there. Just wondering how you were flavoring moving the big ice sheet.

On a related note, I noticed a mistake on your sheet. His ice and cold immunity should be sustained and in his ice/snow form array linked to his forms, not limited to when he is using them.

That said, you have it at rank 10. I don't know off hand what descriptors fall under what costs, but 10 feels high for ice and cold effects (and yes I know there are subtle differences so you probably did 5 and 5 yeah?)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

immunity 10 for an entire descriptor is right.