(IC) Children of the Atom (An X-Men AU game, M&M 3E)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: (IC) Children of the Atom (An X-Men AU game, M&M 3E)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Wally winced as some of those came way too close to their intended targets, and silently cursed that way too few of his return portals were on mark. Still it had to be jarring enough for them to have bullets disappear in tiny flashes of silver only to reappear with bullets whizzing back at them.

"I told you lot...!" His words are interrupted by the explosion of crackling red energy. Bloody hell. He didn't realize Sparky's disabling their cameras would be so... spectacular. "Right then, your attacks are useless AND you have no recordings of today's events. Whatever you were trying to accomplish has FAILED! Leave while you still can. Your wounded will be seen to and released. A generous offer considering YOU attacked US." Wally announces magnanimously.
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Robbie's light show produces quite the visual effect as the remaining three vans are fried, electronically speaking. The equipment on the room of the third van sizzles and sparks most magnificently as red electricity arcs from it while the injured operatives, while still unconscious don't seem to be in further immediate danger if checked in a treatment capacity.
Wally's spiel won't have any affect unless accompanied by a roll good sir. :)

Robbie stabilizes all the downed operatives. Gelignite is only unconscious, not dying, so does nothing there. Weaken 6 is plenty to take out the communication gear and the vans in general and Robbie drops to exhausted.
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Thermic hp: 1 condition: Dazed and confused.

Brittney had stayed back in the trees watching and waiting. Her hopes for a peaceful resolution were quickly dashed by the actions of her fellow students. The force of the unexpected explosion of a van by another student threw her backwards into a tree. She lay there for several seconds before slowly and very carefully returning to a standing position. That was going to leave one heck of a bruise.

She knew that using her powers would only escalate the situation, particularly now that guns had been drawn. Wincing slightly with pain, she made her way out of the trees to join her fellow students.

"Well that didn't go well now, did It? Did I miss anything important after the explosion?"

Turning to face the men with guns, she continued;

""Don't shoot! I'm trained in first aid. Let me look at their injuries." she said, indicating the downed men.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Wally

HP:1
CND: Fatigued next round.

Thanks for the OOC reminder, EE, gave me an idea what I wanted to do...
Well, this was going all tits-up. The gunmen were looking to keep shooting it out, Wally could see that much, no one was looking like they wanted to leave, there was someone at the school who *could* help but if Wally turned his back someone was going to get hot lead injections, and the Little Match Girl just waltzed out into the open, bold as ya please, trusting in their.... what? Magnanomy to keep them from shooting her? Crazy Bint!

To top it all off, Wally was gettin' soaked through to the bone by this confounded rain summoned by the white-haired houdoo witch. The brit's eyes travelled up to the unnaturally low-lying, moisture heavy clouds.... He smiled.

A quick glance let him confirm where the bulk of the others were....

"Okay ya sorry sods."
Wally says as a scream tears from his chest. The mighty bellow accompanies at least a dozen portals opening all amongst the vans. The portals connected strait up, into the heart of the rain clouds as heavy cloud poured through the portal to blanket the area in dense, sight blocking water vapor.
Wally is stunting for...
Concealment 2/rank, 2 ranks [Normal Visual]
Area - cloud 6 +6/rank [{500ft radius}, Attack+0/rank, Continuous +1/rank, Permanent, Fades -1/rank

Lasting for about two minutes in a big honking area.
Wally steps onto the air off the van roof where hopefully they'll be aiming their guns and scampers over to the group by van 4 (about a foot off the ground).

"Okay, I'm bankin' on one a you lot ta have a way ta get through this. Chompy Barbie, sense of smell? Bug Zapper, can feel electromagna-thingies? Snow Cone.... sumpthin not lame? This cloud won't last long, surprised tha' worked, truth be told, but we need ta scare em away and evacuate our side and the injured to tha school. How bout it Toothesome, give us a roar?"

Ana can use her delayed action for intimidate. Roll well. The cloud prolly gives bonuses.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Sharq
HP: 2>1

---

She bare had time to calm down before a slew of things happened all at once. Keven came down, throwing up a frozen wall and trying to bandage her bite victim with a glorified icepack. One kid she didn't really recognized suddenly let out a huge burst of red energy, of which all she knew did was cause the trucks to start smoking and fizzling out. Then that one jerkface who couldn't stop calling her names got shot oat like a million times, but he was using his weird portals to direct the bullets back where they came from causing several guns to explode.

As such, she hesitated. What was she going to do in a situation like this? Biting someone else was completely out of the question no matter how effective it was. Using her own two fists sounded like a solid plan, and as much as she couldn't deny a good brawl she knew now that a fight is exactly what they wanted. Running wasn't even on the table as an option, so that was given barely half a thought.

In her moment of hesitance though, she was taken by surprise yet again when a cloud was suddenly transplanted from the sky and converted into a cloud of fog. Wally's voice chimed in right next to her all of a sudden too, causing her to step back in surprise. The girl scowled ineffectually at his comments, "You keep calling me stuff like that and I will hurt you."

He did have a strong case, however. If there was ever a time to scare the pants off these fools then now was the time.

She ran further into the mist, stopping at a point that was roughly equal to most the men and woman around them. After taking in a breath of misty air, Ana then proceeded to shot at the top of her lungs, "All of you better lay down your weapons and surrender right now if you don't want a serious pounding! Give up while you're ahead, you've lost!"

---
OOC: wrote:I'm not sure how Wally would know about her scent caching skills, but she's going to assume he assumed since she had a big nose she had an excellent sense of smell. ;)
Intimidate, Extra Effort: 14
Intimidate, Extra Effort, Reroll: 19
Either a +2 or +5 circumstance bonus depending on if the cloud cover provides any.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"I said 'roar', not fuss at them like a slightly-cross governess." Wally mutters sullenly.
Any school kids know that sharks smell blood in the water from miles away. Wally was also saying everything about everybody that might help. :)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kevin Winters / Ice
Cond: - Toughness

"You can't port us out? I can create an ice platform to carry us all. I think."

OOC - Burst Area selective Flight(Affects Others Only) , Platform - Could easily match his own Flight of 4 if my math is right -
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"I didn't until I was sure they couldn't shoot us all. You got a way to load up and carry ALL the hurt people?" Wally says, not able to see anything.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kevin Winters / Ice
Cond: - Toughness

"So long as you don`t mind cold, yes. I`ll lift us all out on a platform of snow and ice."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

The sounds of shots being fired blind towards the voices rip through the teleported raincloud. "Don't you touch our people you mutant freaks!" More shots but none of you are hit. They are blind but placed shots, more to deture than to actually hit, desperate after finding they are nowhere near the measure of what they bit off. And you're all just teenagers.

"Just get back to that mutie freak show you call a school!"

Off in the distance, you can hear discordant cacophony of sirens, feint but approaching. Someone back at the school must have called for police and or medical services. You can see the vehicles yet, but if you can hear them, they should be pulling up in moments.
These guys can't do anything here.. you can't see them, but you can safely assume them to largely be preparing actions for their turn.

They HAD some high tech goggles, but Robbie kinda incidentally fried them all in his big stunt. As mentioned, Robbie and Skew are flying blind at the moment, Ana, Brittney and Kevin have their senses helping them out here.

Emergency service vehicles are also on the way and will arrive in some time less than a minute, though will very likely slow up at the edge of the fog cloud. Point of note, Gelignite is prone in the middle of said road. Not a good place to be unconscious and not visible. At this Point, the sleepy time has smoke has been suppressed enough by the rain to easily hold your breath to pass through as long as you don't linger, no check required.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Wally didn't know how Snowcrash was planning to *load* all of the wounded and downed people onto the cart but... whatever.

As the gunmen taunted the kids Wally really wanted to reconsider the pounding heads idea.
Affects Other Flight just gives the person/people the ability to use Flight, the unconscious people can't use moves. Kevin'd probably want Move Object. You'll probably need bigger than a single area-shapeable to get from us at van 4 to the downed guys at van 1 and Gelignite.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kevin Winters / Ice
Cond: - 1 Toughness
HP:1 (0 after stunt)

"Somebody collect our unconscious friend." Kevin hisses softly.

Snow and ice are expanding around him, creating an expanding platform of snow and (non slippery) ice.

"Climb aboard and drag whoever we can, I`m going to be focusing on guiding this sheet."

Under other circumstances he might have smiled at his choice of words.

OOC - Going to stunt a Create Effect (same as already on my sheet) with Movable and Distracting to keep it at same rank as his existing Create. As its proportional, going to put 2 ranks to Toughness, 6 to Strength - he can lift 3200 lbs in total. It`s a disk with a slight curvature so people don`t roll off.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

REDLINE
HP 2, REC 4 COND Exhausted

Robbie shakily got to his feet. He couldn't remember the last time he felt so....spent. He squinted trying to see through a fog that had somehow sprung up. There was a cacophony of voices overlapping. He tried to sort them out. He reached down and hoisted the unconscious nite victim up onto his shoulder. "I-I got one...drag them where? I can't see through this stupid fog!

Ooc: put array into strength. Pick up dude and wander a good 15 feet. Lol
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Huh, guess he can't sense electro-magna-thingies. Wally notes to himself listening to the Red Rocketeer stumble about with a suppressed chuckle.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Thermic hp: 1

Brittney easily located their unconscious fellow student. It was not the easiest thing to do but she managed to drag him to Kevin's ice thingy. Then she went to help guide those of her fellow students that could not see through the cloud.