(OOC) Children of the Atom (An X-Men AU game, M&M 3E)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: (OOC) Children of the Atom (An X-Men AU game, M&M 3E)

Post by EpicEclipse »

That timing.

I just had Brittney stunned by Gelignite's destructiveness last round, feel free to catch up and post away.

Okay, so for Robbie's literally insane stunt, I feel taking on multiple dying conditions would equate to instant slaying, which would suck without a means to reverse it, which we don't presently have and I wasn't planning on sending you into some kind of underworld for an adventure (yet). So I'm fiating the stunt's results. Robbie is out cold drugged, no save, but also no save vs dying condition.

The condition of the operatives will need Treatment checks (or good old fashioned assuming :P) to determine what effect Robbie's stunt had.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:34 pm That timing.

I just had Brittney stunned by Gelignite's destructiveness last round, feel free to catch up and post away.

Okay, so for Robbie's literally insane stunt, I feel taking on multiple dying conditions would equate to instant slaying, which would suck without a means to reverse it, which we don't presently have and I wasn't planning on sending you into some kind of underworld for an adventure (yet). So I'm fiating the stunt's results. Robbie is out cold drugged, no save, but also no save vs dying condition.

The condition of the operatives will need Treatment checks (or good old fashioned assuming :P) to determine what effect Robbie's stunt had.
I probably would have preferred the death or to rewrite the stunt if it was not good for the plot.. I have Diehard and Triggered Healing I am sure we could have handwaved surviving and having to rush Robbie to the healing kid. The drugging is very "meh" for me. Trying not to knee-jerk a reaction. But I really would've preferred a PM just saying "That stunt is pretty insane. I am not cool with it can we do something else?"
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

well, we can still edit it, not a big deal. The main issue with the stunt is it's a hail mercy play, saves a buncha guys, but you die. Your second wind goes off after two conditions, but you're taking 8 more after it. It's a dramatic stunt to be certain, but super early in the plot for something of the caliber.

If you're cool with editing your stunt and just doing stabilize (keeping in mind with stabilize, the rank doesn't actually matter), or maybe instead of empathic, take tiring so you shunt down to exhausted for the dramatic edge of it? Honestly, the drug darts were not an ideal outcome for me either, so I'd much rather an edit since I couldn't think of much else to keep Robbie from axing himself here so early on
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:17 am well, we can still edit it, not a big deal. The main issue with the stunt is it's a hail mercy play, saves a buncha guys, but you die. Your second wind goes off after two conditions, but you're taking 8 more after it. It's a dramatic stunt to be certain, but super early in the plot for something of the caliber.

If you're cool with editing your stunt and just doing stabilize (keeping in mind with stabilize, the rank doesn't actually matter), or maybe instead of empathic, take tiring so you shunt down to exhausted for the dramatic edge of it? Honestly, the drug darts were not an ideal outcome for me either, so I'd much rather an edit since I couldn't think of much else to keep Robbie from axing himself here so early on
No problem. How about Healing 1 (Stabilize +1pp, Area Burst 2, Limit: Stabilize Only) = 3pp linked to Weaken 6 Affects: Electonics, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Area Burst 2, Affects Objects Only, Broad: Electronics, Distracting, Simultaneous, Tiring) 18pp? If not I will just go for the Stabilize.

Interestingly a Stabilize Only Healing Burst with 21pp can affect 1000 mile radius. LOL
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

My god. Imagine the light show on a burst like that!
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Hero4hire wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:48 am
EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:17 am well, we can still edit it, not a big deal. The main issue with the stunt is it's a hail mercy play, saves a buncha guys, but you die. Your second wind goes off after two conditions, but you're taking 8 more after it. It's a dramatic stunt to be certain, but super early in the plot for something of the caliber.

No problem. How about Healing 1 (Stabilize +1pp, Area Burst 2, Limit: Stabilize Only) = 3pp linked to Weaken 6 Affects: Electonics, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Area Burst 2, Affects Objects Only, Broad: Electronics, Distracting, Simultaneous, Tiring) 18pp? If not I will just go for the Stabilize.

Interestingly a Stabilize Only Healing Burst with 21pp can affect 1000 mile radius. LOL
I am down with the 2-birds-1-stone stunt. Let's edit it in
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

okay, we got that all sorted and edited now. Just gonna get something from Ana and a roll (maybe?) from Wally to try and influence the operatives (Good luck with that).

Brittney can roll treatment to assess since her turn is after the results of Robbie's stunt. Whether the operatives will stand down will come down to Wally really, since they have no way to know what Robbie did besides the obvious of frying their vans and making withdrawing more difficult. For all they know he is doing something to their people too, which, they're not wrong, but keeping them from dying is probably not their first thought on the matter.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

You wanting me to go now or wait for Wally to do his bit?
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Ana does go before Wally, so unless you want Ana to wait to see what the rest of her allies do, her action could influence Wally's efforts, for better or worse.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I feel like in this case Ana would want to step back a moment and see what Wally can do here, so can I delay til after his turn?
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Sure can!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Wally's stuff was talk until his turn next round.
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

After that huge deflect, that would be now :D
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Ana's turn?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Who is still exposed?