Infinite New Vindicators Return (M&M 2e IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Horsenhero

Re: Infinite New Vindicators Return (M&M 2e IC)

Post by Horsenhero »

Ch. 6: August & Everything After-

PC's: All (npc's: Lorena Argento, Lei Kung, Desiree' Seguin, Angela Zapata)-

The light from Merle's portal was significantly dimmed in the fog and Merle himself was having a little trouble, even with his enhanced eyesight. David stepped through in his armored form his stumpy feet sinking into luxurious lawn. Whatever else the Zoo had going on, he apparently was big on lawn maintenance. Sliding past everyone else, Desiree' stepped out just after David.

"I thought it might be good if I was near the front. I'm not going to have much combat power until one of these pendejos shoots me a couple times."

Then Merle and Gaspar stepped through followed by Anton and Lorena and finally Lei Kung.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Ch.6: August & Everything After-

PC's: All (npc's: Lorena Argento, Dakshesh, Lei Kung, Valderon Marchi, Desiree' Seguin, Angela Zapata)

Continuing from where I got interrupted and had to abruptly break off.
The team made their way through the fog into the house itself without being spotted. Inside was a different matter, as the windows and shutters were closed and only wisps of Gaspars fog managed to seep in through poorly sealed gaps in the window and door frames. The Ankylosaur no took up most of every hallway they went down and Merle was forced to stoop some as the older halls barely were tall enough for him to walk down without hitting his head. Where the building had been remodeled in modern times the height was more comfortable for the spindly teen.

After a few minutes of walking around the refurbished mansion, Angela stepped out of a wall in front of them. The knife was once more tucked away, but dark stains splotched the fabric of her uniform and reddish smears could be seen on her hands and face. Before they even had a chance to comment on her appearance, a pair of double doors to their right swung open and they could see a courtyard with a flagstone floor. Around the perimeter of the courtyard were armed gang members and in the middle of the area was Valderon tied to a chair. His shirt was stripped off and his wounds bandaged. Standing next to him was a massively muscled humanoid with a tigers' head and fur.

"Greetings children." The inhuman creature growled. "I am Dakshesh, whom you know as the Zoo and I have been expecting you. The creatures' eyes flick to Lei Kung and his lips peel back revealing wicked fangs. "Aesir!"

Lei Kung for his part seems shocked, his eyes going wide. "Rakshasa!"

"Surprise." The creature chuckles. Reaching out, the beast cups a meaty paw under Valderon's jaw and lifts his head up. "So, I assume you've come for the boy who believed he could deceive me. What will you give to get him back?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Merle Tremblay
HP: 1 LP:1 Condition: Normal

"Well, if you would please be so kind as to hand him over to us I would be happy to personally remove the Vindicator and police presence currently bearing down on your humble abode," Merle offers with as level a tone as he could manage.

He didn't like the looks of the armed goons with guns, but between the entire group most of them were either able to take a bullet or two, or were wearing armor that allowed them to. They were dangerous, but not as deadly as they could be.

Of course the rest of the giant animal squad could be anywhere, and they were the bigger threat.

"As long as we get him back alive and well there's no reason why we couldn't just leave right now."
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Ch.6: August & Everything After-

PC's: All (npc's: Lorena Argento, Dakshesh (the Zoo), Louisa Garcia, Lei Kung, Valderon Marchi, Desiree' Seguin, Angela Zapata, Horde 'o' Mooks-

Dakshesh's yellow eyes focused on Merle and he chuckled his growling laugh again. "Police? Here? We would hear the combat already if they were to come. The Favelas are not friendly to the authorities and when they come, the other...enterprises... in the area have much to risk as well. We would hear the gunfire."

"As for the Vindicators...why send you if they were coming? Certainly the Aesir has come along, but he did not expect me I do not think."

Nobody could miss the amount of contempt the humanoid creature put into the word Aesir, nor the naked hatred in its gaze when it looked at Lei Kung. The Thunder God for his part still was staring at the Tiger-man in something akin to disbelief.

Dakshesh continued. "Here is my counter offer...you leave now, giving me this upstart..." He ran one wicked looking claw down Valderon's cheek gently, barely causing a new scratch. "...and his friend," He gestures toward Angela. " and you and I will be unlikely to cross paths again. None of the rest of you look like you run in the same crowd as these two and I have no animosity toward most of you. It's just business."

Desiree' clamped her hand over her mouth trying to suppress a giggle. Failing that, she grinned broadly and laughed. "It's just business? Could you be more cliche'?"

Lorena turned and glared at the svelte Brazilian girl, but said nothing.

Meanwhile Francis heard a voice cutting through all the noise of the radio static. It was a frequency very close to that used by the Academy and Vindicators for their communicators.

"Cooker, you need to get out of that favela!" Louisa Garcia's voice said urgently. "I don't have much time, but they are coming to put an end to this situation! I don't know how they found out, but I couldn't convince them to hold off! You really have to run gringo, 'cause it's gonna get ugly!"

"Well?" The Rakshasa prompted, looking at Merle. "I don't have all day."
I need hearing Notice checks from everyone and if Gaspar has any senses that detect atmospheric disturbances, a Notice check for that also.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Cooker
HP: 1

Francis paled and leaned into whisper in Merle's ears. "There's people incoming. All I know is that it's probably going to get dicey.
Last edited by EnigmaticOne on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Lluvia - Notice: 1d20+4 13 - No such weather senses for moi.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Merle Tremblay

"I like your offer about as much as you like mine," Merle swept the room with his eyes, "But as you said, business. If you take either of those two it stops being business for the Vindicators and starts being personal. That's bad for business. Good for business is if they leave with us, and go away to another school."

"No pesky revenge, no excuse for good guy interference, and your annoying problem is too far away to bother you anymore. After drawing this... attention down on the school, twice, they'll be sent somewhere they're less likely to cause trouble. I hear Japan is nice this time of year."

"It's the most profitable solution, and you don't have to waste time and money in a pointless fight.

A simple glance gave him so many new options. Now if he could just convince the tiger man to step away from hostage long enough to portal him out.

An obvious option would be to walk into the room to speak to Dakshesh.

It also sounded like suicide, and Merle wasn't really interested in dying for Valderon. At the moment it sounded like his best hope was that either the creature went for the plan, which he doubted, or talked long enough that whatever horrible thing had Cooker so worried arrived to draw attention away from the hostage.

Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Anton "Carnudo" Villiam
Condition: Normal

Watching in horrified fascination Ant was wide eyed as the negotiation unfolded between Merle and the Rakasha

"Wow it is really a giant talking pussy cat"

Clapping his hand over his mouth Ant tried to whisper

"I didn't just say that out loud did I?"
Shock

Post by Shock »

Prehistoric (David Gordon)
HP:2

David didn't feel comfortable changing back to human with all the guns in the room so he remained in Ankylosaurus form. Merle's offer seemed as good as any. It wasn't like they had anything to offer to a drug lord.
Notice check: 1d20+7 19
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Ch. 6: August & Everything After-

PC's: All (npc's: Lorena Argento, Blind Allie, Coral, Dakshesh, Damnation Allie, Lei Kung, Valderon Marchi, Desiree' Seguin, Tornado Allie, Angela Zapata, Hordes 'o' Mooks)

Merle and Anton heard it first, a roaring that was almost like a freight train or a thousand chainsaws. Then everyone could hear it, plus the sound of gunfire. Then the mansion began to shake. Suddenly the windows blew out and the exterior wall tore open.

A tornado had carved a path through the favella straight to them, and in the middle of the tornado was a laughing blonde American in a cowboy hat. Some of the cadets had met her before. Her name was Allison Stallworth, alias Tornado Allie. If she was there, that meant other members of the Network of Volunteers, declared vigilante terrorists by the UN, couldn't be far behind.

Sure enough, charging through the trail of destruction was a girl wreathed in armor of black flame, her horned helm and flaming black eyes giving her a truly demonic appearance. In her hands, she carried a trident of ebon fire. Off to her left was another woman, nearly concealed by the cloudy darkness that swirled around her. New to all of them was a humanoid who appeared to be made of coral.

"Two targets in one place!" The demonic girl shouted in obvious glee. "Could we get any luckier?"
Well, it's all about to go sideways now, so I may as well get initiatives from everyone.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Cooker
COND: Unharmed
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Merle Tremblay

"And everything seemed to be going so well," Merle deadpans to himself as everything started coming apart.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Prehistoric (David Gordon)
HP:2

"Oh this is not good."
Initiative: 1d20-1 6
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Anton "Carnudo" Villiam
Condition: Normal

"She is gorgeous" Ant couldn't help but stare at the flying blone girl "Now if she had red hair"

Fortunately it seemed that the arrival of the newcomers meant no one had heard his comment about the pussy cat.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

LLUVIA / Gaspar Zorrilla e Higueras
HP: 1 / Condition: -

"Redheads have a dynamite kiss, but they're nothing but trouble. I'm thinking about switching to brunettes. Yeah. Brunettes... with just a little bit of blue."
Lluvia - Initiative: 1d20+2 5

I went looking to see if I could find Desiree's hair colour and came up empty. :( If she's a brunette, change blondes to brunette. If she's a redhead, I'll have to change the whole thing. :-p
Last edited by Michuru on Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5