(IC) Children of the Atom (An X-Men AU game, M&M 3E)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: (IC) Children of the Atom (An X-Men AU game, M&M 3E)

Post by EpicEclipse »

As Ana leaves the tree line, she runs right back into the rain, the falling water rendering her practically invisible again, so it's quite the shock to the driver of the second to last van when there's suddenly multiple intense stabbing pains in his shoulder while a splash of blood floods Ana's mouth. The man doesn't even scream he's so suddenly shocked and in pain, but shock might be the biggest concern now when he passes right out.
Not even worth rolling toughness. Minions take the worse result and he can't hit 30. He's incapacitated, easy. Might bleed out though, american van design, her left side it towards the window where she bit him. Heart's on the side. Who knows what else those ragged saw teeth nicked! :O

Skew's turn!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Hold up!" he says to the others, as he does so his voice simultaneously seems to come directly next to the downed driver in a harsh whisper (he may not be able to see Ana, but he can surmise where she ran off to by the results [van suddenly rocking with her weights, etc.]), "We're being played. F'n PLAYED! They didn't come for a strait-up fight, they came in order to get this exact response - fer us 'kids' ta show how dangerous we are. If we continue to attack we're doing exactly what they want. D*MMIT! I really wanted ta crack some heads."

"Okay, look, we gotta let em leave, show em we're just a buncha peaceful muties. Koombaiya an' Bob's Yer Uncle."

"DON'T ENGAGE. And if there's wounded...." Wally's right eye is subsumed in a silvery disk as he shifts his sight to the slightly rocking van, "Oh sh!t, thas a lotta blood. Look, we gotta get that guy back to tha mansion, stitch 'im up, get from 'im who's trying to set us up. But guys, trust me on this! We can't do this." He does not sound happy and he fairly trembles with unreleased anger without a target.
Wally's portals are set to Remote Senses and Communication (essentially super-ventriloquism). That and relating what he knows would be his whole turn.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kevin Winters / Ice
Cond: Normal
HP: 1

"Damn."

Kevin immediately reverts to his non ice form an takes off at a sprint towards the rocking van. If Skew`s attitude suddenly changed, then he believed the information.

He readies to form a stretcher or litter of ice to carry any wounded.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

REDLINE HP: 2 LPREC: 4 COND: Normal
EpicEclipse wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:14 am As Ana leaves the tree line, she runs right back into the rain, the falling water rendering her practically invisible again, so it's quite the shock to the driver of the second to last van when there's suddenly multiple intense stabbing pains in his shoulder while a splash of blood floods Ana's mouth. The man doesn't even scream he's so suddenly shocked and in pain, but shock might be the biggest concern now when he passes right out.
"Whoa! What the frack!!! Since when does Don't kill anyone and Bust some heads mean biting a guy's arm off?" Robbie began towards the man swearing ridiculous curses that would be comical if the situation wasn't so dire. "Monkeyslapping fracktarded numbnutted...LemmeseeifIcanhelp!"

OOC: Move action to the wounded man
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Talking's free action, I hope.
Wally's voice seemed to follow whoever he was addressing but be audible to those around as well. There are some people who might hear it in stereo with no delay.

"Bobbie, look fer recording devices, fry 'em like you did the school's computer. Someone, knock out the passenger, but quietly, we might still be able ta get away without a ruckus. When I can, I'll get up a skew back ta school, be ready ta get the injured guy through it. Maybe we can still spin this in a good way. And, by the Queen's floral knickers, keep the Dental-atrix from bitin' anyone else!"
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

"Tsh, ta hell with these guys. They attacked us, I don't really care why." Gelignite doesn't seem too keen on withdrawing now that the group is all the way here, heedless of Wally's realization that it's some sort of trap he would be playing into. He throws a glob of his explosive gel at the lead vehicle and...

*BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!* The front of the van explodes, sending the personnel from said van scattering, blown clear from the former vehicle, most of which aren't moving. The driver in particular is a little bit on fire having had a front row seat to the blast with only the windshield as protection. The others from the rear weren't directly hit by the blast, but three of the four aren't moving, though they don't look in as bad a shape as the driver.
Stationary van, no dodge. Toughness 9 per standard SUV vs Gelignite's Rank 8 area blast (DC23) _: 1D20+9 = [4]+9 = 13 Yeeeah, van's buggered, three degrees of failure, which for objects is enough to destroy it outright. Now for some collateral damage vs DC23
_: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5
1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20
1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24
1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17
1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6

Oh wow, one of them actually didn't get knocked out. That first one is the driver, he got a natural 1, which is pretty appropriate.

We'll say Brittney is too stunned by Gelignite's wanton destruction to act and go back to the top. For full actions now and inserting the rest of the operatives.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kevin Winters / Ice
Cond: Normal

Kevin was incredulous as Gelginite took out the truck and any chance of a peaceful resolution. The entire premise was flawed, let me attack you with obvious intent to take you down with no declaration of motives. Then I will use it as an excuse to prove you are violent and dangerous when I provoked you. We'll ignore any notion of self defense and label you violent.

Well, it wasn't flawed so much as skewed. The tail wagging the dog as it were. But fear and prejudice didn't need pesky things like facts.

Returning to his ice form, Kevin tensed.

"Redline - we need to contain this. Transmissions, video uploads, cell recordings. All of it. Can you stop and block them cold?"

He wasn't afraid of what might happen if this was being recorded, he was terrified. Gelginite had played right into their hands, and the part about the attack would likely be edited out or conveniently overlooked.

This. Was. Bad.
Last edited by Bladewind on Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Sharq

---

Skew's harsh warning came far too late for Ana, who was seconds away form responding to instinct by clamping down and pulling back to violently rip and tear this man's arm away from him. This was a trap. They wanted her to attack them, to give them an excuse. Just like the kids on the playground when this happened before. They weren't yelling insults to make her feel awful, they were saying them so she'd lash out and give them a reason to throw her away. And just like then, staring at the fear within the passenger's eyes, she could tell just how much they regretted it.

The man felt slack in her jaws. 'No no no, oh crap no!' She screamed mentally, releasing her grip and pulling away from the still bleeding wound. Several of her teeth had dislodged in the attack and were still digging into him. There was blood everywhere, on him, on the seat, the dashboard, on the passenger, and most importantly... There was blood on her.

An explosion shocked her out of her stupor, and she reacted by opening the door and dragging the man out onto the ground, trying so very hard to not aggravate the wound further. "Please don't, oh god what did I just do?" She spoke, as her hands hovered just above the wound. She should do something, try to help him. But she didn't know the first thing about any of this! She might end up making things worse if she tried. But she couldn't just leave him like this either.
Move action to open the door and pull out the KO'd driver, standard action to freak the hell out.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Wally/Skew
HP:1 LP:2
CND: could be better

"What the bloody holy H3LL, you overblown Pop-Tart!?! Stand your snot-throwing arse down or you're the first one we feed to the mobs who come bursting down our doors wantin' ta kill the lot of us! Think of all your classmates who CAN'T do what you do." Wally admonishes.

He hopes that Spark Boy remembers his part in all this.

Wally runs up a set of portals to stand on the roof of one of those vans away from the one where his classmates are gathered to draw attention from them. "Oi!" he addresses the soldiers. "Listen up you child-gassing sons a slags! We're gonna sort this all out but I swear by the Holy Mother of All Violence that if you try to attack us you WILL get hurt. Got it? No one act in harm and you will receive no harm. A'Right?"

Wally prepares himself to make good on his words. He tried to keep his mind clear, he'd long since learned that it was useless to try to intercept the bullet but he could anticipate the pulling of a trigger.... he'd just never had so many potential triggers before.... and he'd just made himself the public target. He'd try to send the first few shots at the guns of others to let them know how useless this whole endeavor was.
Move for 'flight' to the top of one of the vans, standard to Defend/Deflect and hope the power works like I think it will.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kevin Winters / Ice
Cond: - Toughness
HP:1 (Spent one to remember Lissa`s name)

Damn. I pegged him wrong.

Kevin looked around left to right, there was only one person that he could think of at the moment, Lisa something, a young girl.

"There`s a healer at the mansion - young kid - Lisa something. She might be able to help. I mean young. I think she was one of the youngest. Lissa Hunnigan! I remember her - be nice to her. Had to deal with some twits calling her Scarface her first week here. Don`t call her that." Kevin clamped his mouth shut to gain control of his rambling.

Kevin reaches into his reserves of energy and sprints to the guy who`s bleeding out. He has no treatment skill but he`s seen action movies and logically knows to apply pressure. He creates and apply a cast of ice to keep the wound from opening more while using the weight of the ice to provide pressure. Hopefully the temperature drop won't send him further into shock but this is the only thing he can think of.
Last edited by Bladewind on Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

you could extra effort. I'll allow it retroactively here
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Done. Extra Effort but not spending the HP.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

If the sudden shark girl attack wasn't bad enough, after the lead van explodes, all hell breaks loose. The remaining three vans unload, the various operatives taking aim with their weapons on Wally, Kevin, and Gelignite who had put themselves in full view, Ana having vanished back into the rain which conveniently washes the blood away as well from her, though the operatives look like they are on alert for the reappearance of the terrifying shark girl, and lastly, Brittney stayed back in the trees.

Having witnessed how dangerous these teenagers are, the operatives come out firing their weapons.
12 operatives, 2 drivers and the passenger from the van Ana chomped on the driver of. The passenger is falling back, the drivers have small pistol side arms, the operatives are rocking some more advanced gear, including more of the sphere devices that spew gas.

From how I read it, Robbie, Wally, Kevin and Ana are closer to the middle vans, Gelignite is more in front of the lead van. The four from the second van will advance and fire on Gelignite, the third van will split attacks between Wally and Robbie(2 each), and the fourth van's Operatives will attack Kevin. The drivers are keeping their eyes open for Ana and the passenger is, well, falling back, as I mentioned.

Group A vs Gelignite
Multiattack:
1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14
1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14
1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19

First one is deflected but misses Wally's reflection target with a nat 1. Second is deflected, but the reflect misses (15 -5 for attacking a held object). The third is succesfully deflected (result under 10 adds 10, then the +8 from Deflect rank), but again, misses the redirect (same result as the second).
The fourth operative of that group is launching an area effect, which deflect can't do anything about.

Group B vs Wally and Robbie
Multiattack:
1D20+5 = [11]+5 = 16
1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23
1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19
1D20+5 = [8]+5 = 13

deflect and missed redirection, deflect and hits the redirection, deflect but missed redirection, deflect and missed redirection.

Gun toughness: 1D20+3 = [11]+3 = 14

I'll treat their weapons under minion rules as well, so that thing is wrecked.

Group C vs Kevin
Multiattack:
1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10
1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11
1D20+5 = [7]+5 = 12
1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20

Deflected and hits redirection, deflected and hits redirection(barely), deflected but missed redirection, and deflected and hits redirection.
Gun toughness: 1D20+3 = [8]+3 = 11
1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5
1D20+3 = [4]+3 = 7

And three more wrecked guns.

You can keep the 2 LP you spent since the re-rolls were not actually necessary
Wally's got his work cut out for him, but he manages to protect his fellow students quite adeptly and even manages to disable some of the automatic weapons by redirecting the hail of bullets CAREFULLY back at the weapons, turning them into useless scrap and causing the Operatives to drop them while hopping back.

The one thing he wasn't able to stop was the gassing sphere one of the operatives lobbed out at Gelignite, the thick yellow smoke battling the rain, but it's enough as Gelignite is engulfed. Brittney and Kevin can both see Gelignite slump to the ground inside the noxious yellow cloud, even as it is quickly dissipating once again, though it will still take a little to be fully flushed away.
Gelly's KO'd. This was intended, so not rolling it and Gelignite was conveniently separated from the group, away enough for them to use the gas without gassing themselves as well with their gas masks off from gearing down. The gas cloud will be there for the next two Operative turns before fully dissipating.

NOW your actions can go off Kevin unless you would like to change them with the last round of events
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

REDLINE
HP: 3, Rec: 4, Condition: Exhausted

Robbie made his way to the bitten man. Just as he knelt down to try to see if he could do...something! The truck in front exploded....with people inside! It was like something out of a war movie. Blood! Burning bodies! Bullets flying over his head. It was more than he could take! "NOOOOOO!!!!" Robbie screamed. He placed his hands on the downed man before him. As he screamed, Red Energy flowed from his hands, eyes, and mouth. This was not just some sort of electric discharge, but Robbie's bio-energy his life-force itself! The crimson glow flowed into the man and he lifted off the ground. Robbie continued to scream until the energy burst from him in an explosion of scarlet.

OOC:
Extra effort off of Array for Healing 1 (Stabilize +1pp, Area Burst 2, Limit: Stabilize Only) = 3pp linked to Weaken 6 Affects: Electonics, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Area Burst 2, Affects Objects Only, Broad: Electronics, Distracting, Simultaneous, Tiring) 18pp (21pp total)
[/url]
Last edited by Hero4hire on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Leaving my action as is - I was trying to encase the wounded man in ice and hold him together. Won`t change that until someone comes and relieves him. And since Redline appeared, that means on his next action I will have him act.