M&M 3e, Young Protectors OOC (Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: M&M 3e, Young Protectors (Open recruiting closed))

Post by EpicEclipse »

StarGuard wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:27 pm Don't forget the concept of this campaign. The characters are supposed to start as sidekicks and going to grow and into becoming the worlds iconic heroes - ish ;)

I'm just saying I would leave imperfections in your character and room to grow.
That is one of the reasons I'm looking at Takedown. And now that I've slept on it and given it some time to ferment, I'm certain I should take those advantages out. Just thinking where those 2 points would go well to flesh her out some without being fully pointless... hmmn...

EDIT: So I moved a few points around, found I had shorted myself 1pp in advantages, so I was able to add a few flavor skills(Expertise(Mechanic), Technology and Treatment. It made sense she would start turning her education towards things that would help her understand her gauntlet more and maybe even start some day to work on it herself. She only has one rank in each right now as intellectual pursuits are not her strong suit, and some first aid (probably level 2 or 3 first aid at +5) made sense to be part of her training and a rank of Equipment for some useful, but minor bits of gear.

I ended up moving her aim-related advantages into an aim-assist system in her gauntlet as well. This ended up costing 1 point less in the long run, so I bumped her Expertise and Technology skills by 1 each.

I think that is the last of my tweaks for Blitz. I'm feeling pretty good about where she is. Solidly capable without being too "seasoned" and with a little more in the flavor feature department with her background skills and the equipment.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Okey dokey...this holiday weekend proved to be more of a cluster f**** than I'd originally imagined. I ended up picking a neighbor up from the hospital and helping to set up his house with oxygen and whatnot. Afterward I took my roommate out for lunch for his birthday, but we didn't end up at a strip club, so we exhibited some self-control. Then last night another neighbor got drunk and injured, so we had emergency services all over the place.

THIS is why I hate living in a small town. All everybody does for entertainment is drink to excess.

Enough bitching.

After all the input on the thread I'm going to go ahead with two schools with no immediate plans for any cross-overs. I'm still going to be looking over characters for all the normal stuff...except acceptance.

School 1: Ravensport Preparatory School (Ravensport Prep)

School 2: Championnat Academie
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Are we gonna have team captains and picks teams gradeschool style? :P
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:48 pm Are we gonna have team captains and picks teams gradeschool style? :P
No I'm afraid I've already got the respective casts picked out.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:48 pm Are we gonna have team captains and picks teams gradeschool style? :P
Dear god no! I don't want to be picked last ... :P
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Horsenhero wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:56 pm
Got to admit it would have possibly had some interesting results, but the teams could also have admittedly ended up super skewed and unbalanced.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:02 pm
Horsenhero wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:56 pm
Got to admit it would have possibly had some interesting results, but the teams could also have admittedly ended up super skewed and unbalanced.
Well, efficiency is a greater concern of mine than absolute balance, since that's kind of an impossible task anyway. If I choose who's where there isn't extra time spent choosing teams and then with people talking about whether each team leans too heavily in a single direction. This way the teams end up split in a way that allows them to be most ready for the challenges their particular school will throw at them...for the most part. Each team also has one or two characters who will be in situations they aren't optimally designed for and will have to adapt on the fly...but I have faith in the players.
Syncretik

Post by Syncretik »

Alright, well my week ended up being a whole lot busier than expected, but I have now tidied/plumped up Warlock's backstory, and also updated the 'Conduit' complication to reflect the potential dangers of 'Untapped Potential'. Just in time, it seems.

Looking forward to seeing who my teammates are :)
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Can't wait to see which team I am on.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Sounds like it will be a lot of fun. Can't wait to see how the teams/schools shape up.

Meanwhile, I'm going to try to clean up Presto!'s complications a bit. I can't believe I forgot Secret: Identity!
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Hawk wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:39 am Can't wait to see which team I am on.
Well the first post is edited to reflect school and city.

In Ravensport we have Devil Dog, Blitz, N'sekt, Presto! and Rakshasa.

In New Chapel we have Blade of Poseidon, Knave of Hearts/Jack Clubs, Vulcan, Warlock and Yeoman.

The IC threads will be labeled Young Protectors: Ravensport and Young Protectors: New Chapel respectively.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Hawk: If I'm not mistaken your character is currently built at PL6.5 defensively and 7.5 offensively? Not a criticism just an observation :geek:
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

StarGuard wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:00 am Hawk: If I'm not mistaken your character is currently built at PL6.5 defensively and 7.5 offensively? Not a criticism just an observation :geek:
Not mistaken, also your Ranged Combat skill is off by 1. (You put 5 points in it. 5+4 = 9, making your club throw PL6.5 as well)
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:49 am
StarGuard wrote: I don't feel there is any cheese in the build
Well, visual and hearing concealment with no limit flaw on it might be considered a bit on the cheese side, makes him near impossible to target without Horsenhero specifically setting something up to get around it.

I mean, it's entirely up to Horsenhero how cheesy he finds it, I just mean the general view on it.
*cough* self-repairing removable gauntlet *cough*

:lol:
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

StarGuard wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:39 am
EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:49 am
StarGuard wrote: I don't feel there is any cheese in the build
Well, visual and hearing concealment with no limit flaw on it might be considered a bit on the cheese side, makes him near impossible to target without Horsenhero specifically setting something up to get around it.

I mean, it's entirely up to Horsenhero how cheesy he finds it, I just mean the general view on it.
*cough* self-repairing removable gauntlet *cough*

:lol:
Alien technology made of bio-metal. What's wrong with metal that "heals"? :P

Besides, devices are such that even if damaged or whatever, tehy tend to get back to you. In many tech-basex hero cases, they can render their own repairs, Emily cannot due to not being familiar with alien tech, so that was a work around to explain why her gauntlet can be damage and still get repaired. :ugeek: