J-Mart OG: Closed for a new location!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
RUSCHE

Re: J-Mart: Mister Fantastic, The Invisible Woman

Post by RUSCHE »

Thank you for giving respect to Marvels first family. They need to come back, they are the center of Marvel.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Yeah, it's really petty that Marvel is treating them like they don't exist simply because they don't own the movie righs to them. And with the bomb of Fan4stic, there's no way we'll ever get any new FF movies either, at least any time soon.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Their costumes monitor their vital signs and their Public Displays of Affection?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

RUSCHE wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:09 am Thank you for giving respect to Marvels first family. They need to come back, they are the center of Marvel.
You know I'm totally down with that RUSCHE, thanks for the props. Even outside of the pettiness over the movie rights, their sales were way down over the past decade. I'm not even asking for them to have their book back, but they should at least be involved a lot more than they have been as the FF, not just as Ben and Johnny finding other things to do while Reed and Sue are gone.
Ken wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:03 am Their costumes monitor their vital signs and their Public Displays of Affection?
LOL. That just shows you how fast technology changes. I just copied these from my first runs at them in 2010 and never changed their equipment and now PDAs are already extinct. :)

I'll update that to A.I. or something. Thanks for the catch of my old man verbiage, consarn it.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

FOR me the F.F. have a special place in my heart. I came to know comics through Spider-Man but came to love them through the F.F. Most specifically Ben Grimm. I had spoke about this on Jabs thread. I came to comics due to being a amputee at a young age, when I was getting my cast off at 3 1/2 years of age, the cast techsaw that I was scared so he gave me a Spider-Man comic. From that kind act I was hooked, from Peter Parker to The F. F. I was hooked. Spidey taught me perseverance and Ben Grimm taught it did not matter what you looked like on the outside, it mattered what was in and what you stood for. To this day, This man,this monster still gets to me. Sorry for the rambling.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:45 pm
Ken wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:03 am Their costumes monitor their vital signs and their Public Displays of Affection?
LOL. That just shows you how fast technology changes. I just copied these from my first runs at them in 2010 and never changed their equipment and now PDAs are already extinct. :)

I'll update that to A.I. or something. Thanks for the catch of my old man verbiage, consarn it.
I don't know. Writing that PDA means "Public Display of Affection" makes my language even more old man-ish than yours.
Last edited by Ken on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, the FF's current doldrums is pretty sad. That said... they tried. I mean, Matt Fraction and James Robinson aren't bad "gets" if you want to sell books or get some attention. Robinson's far from his best days, but he still had name value. Problem was... both guys were pretty weak on the book. The sales faltered to the point where the book seemed to need a "break", and at least Reed was central to the last big story before the FF were gone, and were instrumental in the apparent "fixing" and re-seeding of the cosmos. Johnny & Ben got to live on in other books (Johnny got TWO, which is more exposure than he's had in years).

But yeah... it just looks like a silly pissing match between Marvel & Fox. And while the X-Men got the same... that team still has half a dozen books out there, multiple "name" creators, and more.

I don't doubt we'll see the book again at some point, but we'll see. I, for one, miss Marvel's Best MILF in comics, at the very least :).
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

As much as I love the Thing, I have to admit that to me the Fantastic Four have always been one great character, two mediocre characters, and a camera-hogging plot device.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:14 pm As much as I love the Thing, I have to admit that to me the Fantastic Four have always been one great character, two mediocre characters, and a camera-hogging plot device.
Sounds like the setup for every sitcom for the past 30 years... ;)

Sorry about the delay on finishing the FF, it's been crazy busy at Thorpe's Deep for the past couple of weeks. Marching Band season for the oldest, football for the youngest, I had to get my fantasy league up and going, had another round of illness (stupid viral sinus thingy... :evil: ) and sadly, I've back into Magic the Gathering a bit. And I only have time for massive one time wasting activity at a time...

But fear not, I will have some time this weekend to get back to the store, I will get Build #300 up and possibly drop a couple of playtests that I did before things spun out of control. And I can't take two weeks off anymore, it just leaves too much of Jab's threads to catch up on. :shock:
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Well the Fantastic Four started off in part as a way of playing around with various family sitcom archetypes, or at least evolved into that, so it's kind of appropriate I suppose.

Nonetheless, you almost can't find a better character in Silver Age Marvel than the ever-lovin' blue-eyed Thing.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:41 am
RainOnTheSun wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:14 pm As much as I love the Thing, I have to admit that to me the Fantastic Four have always been one great character, two mediocre characters, and a camera-hogging plot device.

Sorry about the delay on finishing the FF, it's been crazy busy at Thorpe's Deep for the past couple of weeks. Marching Band season for the oldest, football for the youngest, I had to get my fantasy league up and going, had another round of illness (stupid viral sinus thingy... :evil: ) and sadly, I've back into Magic the Gathering a bit. And I only have time for massive one time wasting activity at a time...

But fear not, I will have some time this weekend to get back to the store, I will get Build #300 up and possibly drop a couple of playtests that I did before things spun out of control. And I can't take two weeks off anymore, it just leaves too much of Jab's threads to catch up on. :shock:
Damn straight! Now get to commenting on my Agents of Aquarius :)!
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:41 am

Being back to MtG is very dangerous Thorp, it's kind of addicting.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Spam

Post by Spam »

MtA: Magic, the Addiction
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Spam wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:18 pm MtA: Magic, the Addiction
You're telling me. I thought I had it kicked. I hadn't bought a card in over 6 months because my main game shop is kinda getting out of the MTG business and the other card shop that has a thriving MTG group kinda screwed me over on some trade-ins so I dropped it. And then they announced the new Ixalan set and the guy at work that I play casual with and I were like...PIRATES AND DINOSAURS?!?!?!? Sign me up!

Between that and the end of the Hour of Devastation arc where I fell in love with Nicol Bolas as one of the greatest villains ever, I was back in. I think I'm going to start statting some characters from MTG soon and I definitely need to do some dinosaurs. I love the Ixalan art where they're making the dinosaurs look like the newer theories about them say they probably looked. The colors of their feathers are so vibrant and it really ties into the Aztec-type tribe that they are mounts for. I'm going to have to incorporate some of that into my fantasy setting for sure.
Thorpocalypse

297 - The Invisible Woman

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Our FANTASTIC SPECIAL continues with this new item for Aisle 2 as our Four Pack of builds continues!

I'm just running through this list of potential nannies and wondered if we should go for a super hero this time. Do you think Wolverine would be interested? He seems to be on every other team right now... - The Invisible Woman

THE INVISIBLE WOMAN
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: -; DPL: 11; FWPL 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-6
Weight: 122
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Skin: Fair
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Public
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: New York, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: Fantastic Four; JLAXI; Avengers

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+4), Deception 2 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Expertise [Performance] 3 (+5), Insight 7 (+10), Intimidation (+3), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 8 (+11/+13) [Attractive, Connected], Ranged Combat [Force Constructs] 6 (+9), Stealth 3 (+5), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Attractive (1), Connected, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (2), Improved Initiative (1), Interpose, Leadership, Power Attack (2) (Force Blast, Force Objects), Teamwork

POWERS:
Invisible Woman: Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses, Extra: Affects Others, Attack, Precise); 17 pts
Invisible Platforms: Flight 5 (60 mph/9000 fpr; Flaw: Platform); 5 pts
Force Field: Protection 11 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious Toughness 11 (Flaw: Sustained); 22 pts
Force Constructs: 28 pt Dynamic Array; 38 pts
Force Objects: Create 13 (Extra: Subtle, Dynamic); 28 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Airborne Toxins, Extra: Dynamic, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Linked [Create], Subtle, Flaw: Affects others only); 2 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 13 (Extra: Dynamic, Subtle); 2 pts
Force Strikes: Multiattack Bludgeoning Strength-based Force Energy Damage 8 (Extra: Dynamic, Subtle); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Objects 13 (Extra: Dynamic, Subtle); 2 pts
Suffocation: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 8 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Subtle, Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Fantastic Four Costume: Features 3 (Turns invisible, monitors vital signs, PDA), Senses 1 (Communication Link [Fantastic Four]); 4 pts
Sue also pays for 1/4 of the Fantasticar (Listed with Mister Fantastic); 5 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +1; Force Strike +9, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +3
Force Constructs +9 [Force Blast +13; Force Objects Create +13; Force Lifting Move Object +13; Suffocation Affliction +8]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +3 (+2 without Defensive Roll, +14 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field, +14 with Force Field without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Dr. Doom, Super Skrull, Annihilus, Red Ghost and others.
Fame: The FF are known the world over and never hid their secret identities.
Relationships: Her Hubby Reed, her brother Johnny, Ben and especially her children, Valeria and Franklin.
Temper: She's generally very accepting, but mess with her kids and look the hell out…

Abilities 46 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 82 + Defenses 15 = 175 / 175

Build Comments: The heart of the FF, The Invisible Woman, Susan Storm-Richards. She came out almost exactly like I wanted and at cost with no problems. She might be the most well-rounded and overall powerful of the group. Ben and Johnny both hit a little harder, and Ben has Power Attack, but her array of abilities combined with some decent skills make her the most dangerous of the team for sure.

Secret Origins: Susan Storm, and her younger brother, Jonathan grew up in the town of Glenville, Long Island, children of a physician named Franklin Storm and a woman named Mary. The parents left their kids alone one night to travel to a dinner honoring Dr. Storm. On the way, a tire blew out but only Mary was injured. Franklin escaped injury and insisted on operating on his wife. He was unable to save her and she died. After his wife's death, Dr. Storm became a gambler and a drunk, losing his medical practice, which led him to the accidental killing of a loan shark. Franklin did not defend himself in court, because he still felt guilty over Mary's death. With their father in prison, Susan had to become a mother figure for her younger brother.

While living with her aunt, Susan, at the young age of 17, met her future husband, Reed Richards, a house guest who was attending college. When she graduated from high school as the award-winning captain of her Girls' Varsity Swim Team, she moved to California to attend college, where she pursued an acting career and encountered Richards again. They began to become romantically involved with each other.

The Story so Far: See Mister Fantastic’s post for most of the FF’s adventures.

Characterization: Sue’s unparalleled sense of compassion and common sense makes her a natural-born leader, and she usually acts as the Fantastic Four's second-in-command, usually taking over complete leadership of the team during Mr. Fantastic's absence.

Friends and Foes: She loves her husband, Reed Richards and their children, Franklin and Valeria dearly. She has numerous friends in the superhero community and one of the most respected members in the community as a whole.

She has a complicated relationship with Namor, who has never made it a secret of his desire for her. As a member of the FF, she has garnered many enemies, including Doctor Doom, the Mole Man, the Frightful Four and countless others.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue May 29, 2018 3:24 am, edited 4 times in total.