(IC) Children of the Atom (An X-Men AU game, M&M 3E)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: (IC) Children of the Atom (An X-Men AU game, M&M 3E)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Sharq
HP: 1

---

She paused at the fringes of the smoke cloud to look for a way through, which Charles capitalized on to lay down the law. She knew from the start that he wanted the students to stay back, but he also said that if they had a useful gift then to us the,. And what was more useful then attacking her enemies when they couldn't even see her? Sure, that argument probably wouldn't help her in court but it was the best one she'd thought up til now. Already she was having a few doubts.

Of course he just had to pull the dad card on her too. Of course he would. Ana bit her lower lip as she processed the image of her father frowning and scolding her for being reckless, going off and getting into fights again. Especially when she was specifically told not to go. That image hurt. But at the same time she yearned to get out there and use her teeth for what they were made for, to feel her blood pumping as she gave these creeps the beating they were begging for. Ana believed she had it in there to prove them both wrong, that she was strong enough to face these people on her own. So in the end she was torn. Should she go against her father, or let this chance to prove herself pass her by?
She's being pulled by both complications here and even I'm not sure in the end. So, I'll flip a coin to decide.
Coin flip: 2
The coin gods have decided!
She shakes her head, and looks determinately at the cloud of smoke before her. Her father and the headmaster could scold her later, but for now it was time to be a hero! So taking a deep breath of clean air, she rushed off into the smoke to find the people responsible for ruining her afternoon. Her first challenge, to brave the smoke! Fort: 16)

And so far, that was going very poorly. 'If I pass out please tell my dad I was going back to the school' She caved, already sorta starting to regret her decision.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

REDLINE
HP 2, LPREC 4 COND Normal

Robbie listened to Wally's so each and then watched him portal away. "I still don't understand half of what that kid says." he said shaking his head.
"Sorry Prof...I can't just sit back and do nothing!" he took a few breaths to psych himself up and then he took a running jump off of the mansion's roof.

Ooc: Acrobatics : 1D20+7 = [19]+7 = 26
With starting at 5 that is...5 successes? So that safely tumbled up 120 feet down? But just in case it is needed.Toughness : 1D20+10 = [7]+10 = 17
Last edited by Hero4hire on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Thermic hp: 1

Brittney breathed a sigh of relief. For a moment it looked like they were going to be engulfed by the smoke. Fortunately another student named Chase came over and blew the smoke away. Then he blew a clear path towards the school where she could see Professor Rasputin waiting.

With a lot of help from Professor Rasputin, the three of them got the rescued students back to the school.

"You did it Aggie! You saved those students from that weird smoke."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

On the roof, Gelignite follows Robbie off the edge, intending to use an explosive burst to slow his momentum towards teh ground, but as the two boys come to land, a whirl of wind softens their decent. If either looks back, they can see Profoessor Munroe at the edge of the roof looking down at them, but she makes no further move to stop them. With some careful navigating, the two can make their way towards the forest, though careful not to use their abilities lest they ignite the gas like Robbie accidentally did in the library (He's probably going to hear about that later).

<"Mister Winters. I have asked that students refrain from retaliating, but it appears a few have gone on despite my request. Miss Moya, mister Black and mister Lindeman. Please collect miss Reese and try to convince the others to turn back, and failing that, do your utmost to try and protect them. I have faith in your abilities to do so. I will also send mister Iverson to provide a quick route back to the manor.">

<"Miss Reese, I appreciate your resolve to help your fellow students out of danger and I must ask you to assist some others who are moving to retaliate. I would ask you try and convince them to turn back from this and return to the manor. I am sending mister Winters to pick you up and move over the smoke.">

As Professor Xavier replies to Kevin and talk to Brittney, Kevin is at a good vantage to see Brittney not too far from him on the ground where the smoke has been blown back and still being suppressed further by the rain, he also sees some crazy kids leap from the roof, stick the landing like he does this every day, and take off towards in the direction of the woods towards the road. Kevin already knew where Ana was heading, these other kids must be mister Lindeman (If Kevin wasn't already familiar with him) and Black. For Brittney, it's clear Aggie will be save with professors Rasputin getting back to the manor, so she is free to make her choice.

Ana, invisible among the raindrops, does her best to track her way through the thick but dropping smoke and manages to get through without inhaling enough to knock her out and is the first one out into the treeline. She sees no-one immediately, though can make an educated guess at which direction they were headed...the only direction to go that wasn't towards the school really.

<"Mister Iverson, I appreciate your restraint, and your passion in assisting and sticking up for your fellow students and I apologize for what I am about to ask, knowing full well it in a way contradicts my previous request. Some of your fellow students have shown somewhat less restraint and are moving to pursue those responsible for all of this. I ask that you go after them and ensure they have a swift and safe route back to the manor should they require it. Mister Winters and miss Reese should be heading towards them as well." He gives Wally a heading so he knows which direction the others are going.
Not that Robbie needed it, but Gelignite likely did, Ororo's power helped soften the fall by 2 ranks, so Robbie succeeded by even more and Gelignite, didn't fail by quite as much. I think I touched on all the bases here.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Sharq

---

Ana doesn't pause as she passes out of the smoke and into the open, but she can't help but feel pleasantly surprised at her success. Wait, why did she have any doubts beforehand? This is what she did best after all! Now she felt silly about making that last request to the headmaster.

Whatever. All water under the bridge now. What was important now was tracking down these clowns and hunting them down.

Relying on her superb sense of smell and her obviously very keen eyes, Ana once again took off in search of her prey. She was light on her feet, almost expertly keeping herself from stepping on the stray twig or rustiling the bushes while rushing at full speed.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kevin Winters / Ice
Cond: Frosty (Normal)

Understood.

His ice slide spirals down to Brittney`s side.

"Hi. I`m Kevin. Professor Xavier suggested I stop by we proceed together. Shall we?"

In the meantime, Kevin has gone ice form. He's still wearing Sharq`s hoodie and his frozen skin is visible. Ice seems to spew from his hands and create a combo slide, sled and tether that pulls him along. At this point, he`s unaware of her powers.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Wally chuckles and shakes his head. "So it's old Skew to the rescue, is it? Hero Skew? Skew the Valiant! Well, aint tha' a load of cogswallow."

He waved the last of the students through to the infirmary and focused on another portal, this one following the Professor's directions. He stepped through, eager to get the mischief underway.

He places himself before the woods in front of the Hall Monitor and the big guy, his hands upraised.

"Woah, mates. There're others coming. The old coot's noggin-speech mentioned 'Reese' and 'Winters', whoever they are. Then I can get us all there a lot quicker than running through woods where they're expecting us to come from." Wally says.

Behind him a portal was opening, slower than his usual portals, the edges crackling with thicker silver lines, but this was going much farther - the edge of the compound, the woods on the other side, opposite the direction from the school. Hopefully all of their attention would be in direction of the school. "Be careful, this one will be a bumpy ride."
"Something pithy this way comes."
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Thermic hp: 1 condition: curious

Having received the mental instructions from the Headmaster, she was not surprised when Kevin Winters arrived. She heard a suppressed giggle from behind her and turned to give Aggie an evil glare.

"Aggie, head back to the school. I have been instructed to go help find some other students by the Headmaster."

Brittney returned her attention to Kevin.

"Hi Kevin. I'm Brittney Reese, we have lit class together. The Headmaster told me you were on your way. So I guess I'm supposed to go with you to find some of the other students.
How are we going to do that?"
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kevin Winters / Ice
Cond: Normal

"Pleasedtameetcha." Kevin smiled and shrugged."Hop on."

The ice platform around his feet spreads out a few feet behind him as he rises off the ground. He offers his hand to Britney to help her up. The platform is actually not slick ice but more of a chunk of snow so the likelihood of falling off is slim.

Unless there's another way to regroup?

OOC - Willing to Extra Effort to put Affects Others on Kevin's flight power, but as player I know Brit might not want to hop on. So before actually declaring it, I'll let her accept or refus.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Thermic hp: 1 condition: nervous

Brittney hesitated. She had been instructed to go with him to help keep an eye on some if the other students. She was worried what effect his powers would have on her own. Experience and testing had proven she had a problem with extreme cold. It neutralized her own abilities until she was reheated, as it were.

"Um, don't take this the wrong way but I kind of have a problem with extreme cold."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

It should be noted, Ana doesn't have that much of a head start, also Robbie and Gelignite started from the manor while Kevin and Brittney were already a bit away from it on the grounds and Wally had cut them off before too long. The smoke is still slowly being suppressed, but it's lowered enough for Kevin to see Wally is close enough for them to catch the trio with the teleporter.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kevin Winters / Ice
Cond: Normal

"Let me guess. Heat powers? Figures.

"We'll have to work on a way to be in the same room then or this could get difficult."
Kevin looked to his left and noticed the others. He'd never really spoken to Wally but it was kind of difficult not to know who he was.

"Better idea. Beeline for those guys. We're supposed to meet up and watch out for them so regrouping is probably a good idea."

He points to the group and sets off at a jog, making sure Brittney follows and keeps pace. He matches her pace.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Thermic

"Yeh, kind of. I guess we'll have to train sometime so it doesn't become a problem in the future."

She looked in the direction Kevin indicated and saw the others.

"Okay, that's probably the easiest way for now."

Brittney started jogging towards the others trying not to outrun Kevin. He looked like he was in good shape but he might not have the endurance for running or jogging any distance.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

REDLINE

Robbie landed effortlessly and broke into a full sprint but skidded to a halt as the annoying Brit appeared before them. "Alright then..." Robbie replied reluctantly. He didn't do hurry up and wait well.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

We'll let Wally describe what it feels like walking through one of his portals, especially the "bumpy" one.
Wally's portal comes out near the convoy, but out of sight, though Ana happens to come up on it, almost running into it really as she approaches on foot like a mundane mortal person. Worth noting, in the trees, the rain is significantly diminished, blocked by the canvas above, making Ana more visible, though still sort of "blurry" as there is some rainfall getting through and she is still wet.

With the team all together, the six teens have surprise advantage in theory and a chance to size up what they are up against (No perception checks needed here). They don't have long to act as the men in black tac suits who attacked are quickly stowing gear in the trunks of the black vehicles, which are vans incidentally. Regular, unmarked black vans, not personnel carriers or anything.

There are four vans all together, each with a driver currently behind the wheel, one second from the rear looks to have some equipment on the roof. Not extensively equipment, but some extra bits the others don't have (Tech or electronics-based expertise checks for more on those). It looks like there are four men for each vehicle in addition to the driver, and one other man in the passenger seat of the van with the extra bits. And possibly most important, no students appear to be among that which is being loaded into the vans.

The group has moments before the men finish their swift loading of the vans, which are all running and ready to take off.
The group has about half a minute of discussion/planning and a surprise round where each gets a single action before full initiative starts,
but I'll also have you all roll init now so I have it. Brittney, Wally and anyone with Jack of all Trades can roll Expertise: Streetwise.