Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Sudowoodo! Sunflora! Donphan!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Gamebook

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Forest Giants! Frost Giants! Fire Giants!)

Post by Gamebook »

Saying Cloud and Storm giants are like gods strikes me as a cool concept for a fantasy world. What if instead of gods being remote figures of divine power from the outer planes or beyond the smaller races worshiped the larger and more powerful beings in their world as gods. So the god of storms is an actual storm giant, the dragon god of supreme evil is an actual dragon holed up in a mountain, and so on. In a fantasy world where magic and monsters are very real and occasionally come round to your house to steal your food and carry off your sister I can see this happening.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

scc wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:40 pm I actually have that Cloud Giant miniature. I got it for the Zombicide Black Plague game I play on occasion. Really good sculpt.
Ah, so that's actually supposed to be a Cloud Giant? Neat! I think it's pretty rad, too.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Gamebook wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:54 pm Saying Cloud and Storm giants are like gods strikes me as a cool concept for a fantasy world. What if instead of gods being remote figures of divine power from the outer planes or beyond the smaller races worshiped the larger and more powerful beings in their world as gods. So the god of storms is an actual storm giant, the dragon god of supreme evil is an actual dragon holed up in a mountain, and so on. In a fantasy world where magic and monsters are very real and occasionally come round to your house to steal your food and carry off your sister I can see this happening.
I think there would be a lot of beings like that in Fantasy worlds- powerful creatures worshiped as Gods, etc. Especially since a big D&D thing seemed to be about chasing godhood or immortality- like your own heroes could "ascend" to a pantheon, because many guys in the D&D mythos could do the same.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

catsi563 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:33 pm Interesting Id have thought that you'd have combined Cloud and Storm Giants into one thing given that they're basically the same thing just bigger in once case. Storm giants can be related to titans in some ways. :)
Just have Storm giants be really angry Cloud giants ;).
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:41 pm
Gamebook wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:54 pm Saying Cloud and Storm giants are like gods strikes me as a cool concept for a fantasy world. What if instead of gods being remote figures of divine power from the outer planes or beyond the smaller races worshiped the larger and more powerful beings in their world as gods. So the god of storms is an actual storm giant, the dragon god of supreme evil is an actual dragon holed up in a mountain, and so on. In a fantasy world where magic and monsters are very real and occasionally come round to your house to steal your food and carry off your sister I can see this happening.
I think there would be a lot of beings like that in Fantasy worlds- powerful creatures worshiped as Gods, etc. Especially since a big D&D thing seemed to be about chasing godhood or immortality- like your own heroes could "ascend" to a pantheon, because many guys in the D&D mythos could do the same.
I had a similar idea with Dracula, where so many other vampires worshipped his strength and ability that he actually would start becoming a (demi)god of Vampires, with his castle being his "domain".
Formerly luketheduke86
scc

Post by scc »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:39 pm
scc wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:40 pm I actually have that Cloud Giant miniature. I got it for the Zombicide Black Plague game I play on occasion. Really good sculpt.
Ah, so that's actually supposed to be a Cloud Giant? Neat! I think it's pretty rad, too.
Her name is Yephima and she is a cloud giant.
Jabroniville

Storm Giants

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

STORM GIANT
Creature Type: Humanoid, Giant, Electrical, Aquatic
Typical Adult Height: 17'-21'
Birth Rate: 1-2 infants once every two years
Lifespan: 0-10 (Child), 11-15 (Young Adult), 16-99 (Adult), 100-Ageless (Full Adult)
Nicknames: Thunder Giant
Sexual Dimorphism: Mammaries & size, more delicate features.
Skin Tones: Green, Purple, Blue, Pink, Tan
Hair: Green, Purple, Black, Brown, Red, Blonde
Racial Mounts & Animals: Gryphons, Rocs, Sea Monsters
Racial Weapons: Large spears
Religion: The Gods of Storms, Lightning, Winds & The Sky (these are the most powerful of the Giant Gods, outside of the Originators)

Allies: Cloud Giants

Encounter Groups:
Solo (1)
Gang (2-4)
Band (5-10 plus 0-2 Elites, 0-1 Giant Monster)
Tribe (11-30 plus 2-10 Elites, 0-10 Gryphons or Hippogriffs, 0-4 Giant Monsters)

PL Variants:
PL 7-9: Weaker Specimens
PL 10-11: Common Storm Giant
PL 12+: Important Characters

-Storm Giants are one of the most powerful of all Giants (only Death Giants are typically stronger)- they are the closest of all their kind to the Giant Gods themselves (those prior to the modern age of Gods). Ageless, immortal, and able to live virtually anywhere, they are true Demigods, the children of the Gods themselves. Large, attractive, and very charismatic, they very much resemble Gods.

-Storm Giants are friendlier than Cloud Giants on average, but have a condescending nature towards other races (even other Giants)- treating them all like less-powerful, less-mature children. Their comparative strengths and lack of aging makes them more experienced, and they are generally the most powerful Giants in almost any area (Death & Mountain Giants are very rare, and seldom gather into units), and certainly the most populous of the three strongest races. They act as all-seeing, all-knowing Gods, sitting in their Cloud Castles or Undersea Kingdoms, and rarely interfere overly much in other races' business- such is their "power" and ego that they believe their might would alter the world around them too much. "All the better to let the younger races sort out their business" is the Storm Giants' motto. Despite that, many Storm Giants have been known to actively engage in human activity, or even attempt to be worshipped (and paid tribute to) by the smaller sentients in neighboring lands. This is not the majority, however.

-Storm Giants can live almost anywhere, and hundreds of miles typically separates them from other Storm Giant enclaves. They usually attempt to be friendly with (or hidden from) neighboring races, but as stated above, many will interfere, either out of altruism, selfishness or greed depends on the Giant.

Jab's Notes: Storm Giants are the highest-tier D&D Giant race, what with their big-time Lightning powers and high Challenge Rating. Here they stand as PL 10 at their most-common level, meaning that more elite versions are REALLY high in power. I don't figure them for major factors in my universe, but I might get more into them as a concept later, so who knows?

STORM GIANT
Role:
Giant Man, Demi-God
PL 10 (166)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 11 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+10)
Expertise (Weather) 4 (+7)
Expertise (History) 7 (+10)
Intimidation 4 (+8, +11 Size)
Perception 5 (+8)
Stealth 7 (+9, +2 Size)

Advantages:
Equipment 3, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 2 (Spear, Lightning Bolt), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8

Powers:
Growth 7 (Str & Sta +7, +7 Mass, +3 Intimidation, -3 Dodge/Parry, -7 Stealth) -- (21 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [15]
"Giant Senses" Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Direction Sense, Detect Weather- Radius, Acute) [5]
"Giant's Reach" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Reach 2) [3]

"All-Terrain Creatures"
Movement 2 (Environmental Adaptation- High Altitudes/Clouds, Underwater) [4]
Immunity 9 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Drowning, Weather Effects) [9]

Swimming 6 (32 mph) (6) -- [7]
  • AE: (Speed 2 (8 mph) (3)
"Riders of the Storm"
"Lightning Bolt" Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Line +2) (Flaws: Unreliable- 5 Uses) (18) -- [21]
  • AE: "Hovering Travel" Flight 3 (16 mph) (Flaws: Limited to Levitation) (3)
  • AE: "Chain Lightning" Blast 8 (Extras: Multiattack) (Flaws: Unreliable- 5 Uses) (16)
  • AE: "Lightning Strike" Blast 10 (Feats: Accurate, Indirect 2- From Above, Increased Range- 200 feet) (Flaws: Unreliable- 5 Uses) (14)
Equipment:
"Throwing Spear" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Ranged 10) (12)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+9 Damage, DC 22)
Throwing Spear +8 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Lightning Bolt +9 Area (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Chain Lightning +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Lightning Strike +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +11, Fortitude +11, Will +6

Complications:
None

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 64 / Defenses: 17 (166)
Jabroniville

Raticate

Post by Jabroniville »

GOD RAT
Role:
Powerful Vermin
PL 6 (52)- Minion Rank 1, Sidekick Rank 2
Normal Version:
PL 3
STRENGTH 2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+4)
Intimidation 8 (+5)
Perception 4 (+4)
Stealth 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Power Attack

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision) [3]

"Hyper Beam" Blast 8 (Feats: Accurate 2) (18) -- [19]
  • AE: "Hyper Fang- Teeth" Strength-Damage +4 (4)
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Hyper Fang +5 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Hyper Beam +4 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +2, Fortitude +2, Will +1

Complications: 
Disabled (Animal)- Rodents cannot speak to humans, nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: 16 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 22 / Defenses: 3 (52)

Era: Fantasy Realms
Range: Grasslands, forests.
Stereotypes: Evil, diseased plague-hordes.
Colouring: Brown, grey, black, tan
Size: Up to 4.5 feet long (77-145 lbs.)
Encounter Groups: Various, from solitary to hordes.
Diet: Grass & vegetation, opportunistic hunters.
Tactics: Bite savagely with large teeth.

-"God Rats" are infamous creatures, known to be problematic nuisances on Castellia. Their origins are rather strange, as they are ordinary rats who have been mutated due to close proximity to the Storm Giants, who reside in massive cloud homes. Unexpectedly, even god-like Giants have to deal with vermin, and when you are more than twenty feet tall, it's easy to miss tiny rodents. And with magic such a frequent part of Storm Giant life, these vermin can mutate in severe ways. The Rats slowly shift, becoming larger and larger, eventually ending up at dog-like sizes, with tremendous incisor teeth. Their colors shift, often appearing purple. The Storm Giants exterminate them frequently, or exile them to Castellia, where the large creatures can become even more severe pests- their huge appetite and great power makes them much bigger nuisances to human-sized beings, and so Questers are often called to deal with outbreaks. After all, how many rodents feature ranged attacks?

-God Rats are strong enough to easily kill human beings unarmed, and have been known to take down Horses. However, they are largely stealthy, opportunistic eaters, who do not attack living creatures unless provoked or startled. Their fabled "Hyper Beam" attack is incredibly-dangerous, but rather inaccurate- largely the product of uncontrolled magical energy build-up.

-When removed from Storm Giant habitats, God Rats tend to reduce in size and energy, eventually settling down to a much lower-level creature, though still tainted by power.
Jab's Notes: I swear every Generation has a piece of crap Pokemon like this- a generically-drawn, simple animal with the "Normal" type, who is mainly there so you can catch SOMETHING, and fill out your ranks with whatever. It evolves quickly, has low-level attacks, and generally isn't that great or interesting. Most trainers just catch one, raise it to the second level (there's usually only one), and then discard it as soon as you hit the better stuff. That said... you can make ANY Pokemon competitive in the game, and with enough effort, even a Raticate can be impressive. Hyper-Fang isn't a bad move, and you can give them TMs to make them rather devastating. My friend speaks frequently of how awesome he made his Raticate... so it can happen.

-Raticate's only real use in the TV show was to reflect how "Trading" worked- Ash trades his Butterfree for a guy's Raticate after being impressed by it, but gives the most hilarious case of buyer's remorse ever, as the show is like "Yeah, actually, Raticate sucks ass." The kindly trainer thankfully agrees to un-do the trade when Ash asks, so we get awesome Butterfree back. Raticate is thus never a factor in the show again- though generic, guys like Rhydon and Nidoking are typically used to represent "Filler Pokemon" instead.

-Rattata is notorious in the PokeFandom for giving us the "F.E.A.R." strategy, which puts a Level 1-2 Rattata (or other weak Pokemon) out there, gives it a Focus Sash (which means it can never be one-hit-KO'd, always being left with 1 HP minimum), then the "Endeavor" move (gives the enemy its remaining HP, which is "1"), then Quick Attacks it for the last remaining HP (It goes Focus sash/Endeavor/quick Attack/Rattata... which is an ugly acronym). The strategy is dirty and only works one time per fight, but has numerous counters.

-Successive generations of the game have made things like squirrels or whatever, while others shift things around. The "Poochyena" line in "Ruby/Sapphire" featured Dark as the other type, while Zangoose in that game was pretty bad-ass and cool-looking, despite having only one Evolutionary stage. Truth be told, though I make fun... there is ABSOLUTELY a place for "Garbage Early Filler" in games like this- 150+ creatures, having crap ones makes the sweet ones seem all the better.

-So for the Castellian Rattata/Raticate, I thought it'd be hilarious to give them this HUGELY inflated stats, making them PL 6 bad-asses with Hyper Beams as a natural power- true threats to low-level Starter P.C.s. Nobody expects stuff like that! The whole "Storm Giant" link just came to me, as I was trying to figure out why rats would be so tough.
catsi563

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Frost Giants! Fire Giants! Cloud & Storm Giants!)

Post by catsi563 »

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Tauros

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

DIVINE CATTLE
Role:
Elite Cattle
PL 7 (55)- Minion Rank 3, Sidekick Rank 11
Normal Version:
PL 3-6
STRENGTH 7 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Close Combat (Horns) 1 (+6)
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 9 (+7 Size)
Perception 3 (+3)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Diehard, Fearless, Improved Critical (Horns), Improved Initiative, Last Stand (Ignore All Damage For 1 Round With HP Spent)

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Acute Scent, Low-Light Vision) [3]
"Large Horns" Strength-Damage +2 [2]
"Muscle Power" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]

"Natural Size" Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Horns +6 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +3 (DC 13), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +4

Complications: 
Disabled (Animal)- Bulls cannot speak to humans, nor use their hooves to easily manipulate objects.
Temper- Bulls often fly into an uncontrollable rage when provoked, acting foolishly and recklessly. Divine Cattle are notorious for never halting a charge for any reason- this can lead them towards suicidal charges off of embankments, or attacking creatures many times more dangerous than themselves.
Responsibility (Mating)- Males of the Bovidae family will engage rival males for mating rights, ramming each other at full speed with their powerful skulls, often doing great amounts of damage.

Total: Abilities: 20 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 11 (59)

Era: Pre-1627
Range: Eurasian Plains.
Stereotypes: Stupid. Aggressive.
Colouring: Brown with darker mane or yellow with green mane.
Size: Up to 11 feet long (1000-3200 lbs.)
Encounter Groups: Herds of 3-25 creatures.
Diet: Grass & vegetation
Tactics: Attack all-out with powerful horns, goring viciously.

-Another animal mutated by the presence of the Storm Giants, the animals known as "Divine Cattle" are simply ordinary domesticated cattle that have grown mightier. Featuring large manes and horns that look almost metallic, these beasts are known for the exceptional quality of their meat, making them highly-sought-after the world over. Storm Giant shepherds tend to them in order to preserve their magical nature (the source of their taste). The creatures will lose their magical nature if they are separated from Storm Giants for long, though even infants are born with magic inherent to their being.

-Such is the taste of Divine Cattle flesh that civilized beings are known to invade Storm Giant domiciles and attempt to make off with them. This is obviously easier on terrestrial farms than in ones kept below the ocean (in breathable air domes) or on the clouds, but human ingenuity is quite impressive. Rather than be murderous and vicous about it, as Giants often are when sentients try to steal their property, Storm Giants take this with good humor, frequently returning captured beings to their homes with a cheerful warning not to try it again. Beings who successfully MAKE OFF with the Cattle are actually given a measure of respect, as the Giants do not make capturing their herds easy. Not that no OTHER property of the Storm Giants can be stolen with such good cheer; only the Cattle.

-Divine Cattle are mutated such that they possess greater strength, durability, and even an Energy Attack. Looking quite similar to ordinary cattle, they are differentiated by the occasional rare color scheme (no mammals are yellow and green naturally), and their three tails (which stay even after they've lost their magic; yellow coloring will fade with time).

Jab's Notes: Tauros are such a weird Pokemon. For starters, they're one of the only Generation I Pokemon to never receive any Evolutions whatsoever. They're one of the first Pokemont that are basically just "Regular Animals" with little else changed (they have three tails; that's all). Ash caught THIRTY Tauros in one episode of the cartoon, but it's one that was never aired in the States, thanks uses of guns in the episode (why this axed the WHOLE EPISODE is beyond me, though I can understand why they wouldn't want to sully the show about imprisoning animals and forcing them into cockfights by showing a firearm). They subsequently appear as a running gag (with an entire herd running out and burying characters in the stampede), though Ash actually brought one of them to a tournament, having it beat up several established Pokemon! This is one of those weird things with the show, where a Pokemon with zero experience in fights is magically an amazing fighter the first time around in a serious battle. Tauros are an exclusively male species; their female counterpart is the silly Miltank.

-With the Tauros, I went with a similar thing to Raticate- "Normal Animal mutated by Storm Giant proximity". Though in this case, it's only a slight upgrade.
Jabroniville

Mountain Giants

Post by Jabroniville »

MOUNTAIN GIANT:

Creature Type: Monstrous Humanoid, Giant
Typical Adult Height: 16'-21'
Birth Rate: 1-2 infants once every 2 years
Lifespan: 0-16 (Child), 17-25 (Young Adult), 26-60 (Adult), 61-80 (Elder)
Nicknames: Giant (in lands without other Giants)
Sexual Dimorphism: Mammaries & size, little else.
Skin Tones: Grey or brown in varying shades
Hair: Sparse, gray or black
Racial Mounts & Animals: None
Racial Weapons: Large clubs (usually chunks of tree or building materials)
Religion: Orc Gods

Allies: Orcs, Goblins, Bugbears, Minotaurs, Other Giants

Encounter Groups:
Solo (1)
Gang (2-5 plus 0-1 Elite, 0-20 Allies, 0-10 Feeder Humanoids, 0-2 Monsters)
Band (5-8 plus 0-2 Elites, 0-35 Allies, 0-30 Feeder Humanoids, 0-4 Monsters)

PL Variants:
PL 6-9: Weaker Specimens
PL 10: Common Giant
PL 11+: Elites, Important Characters

-Mountain Giants are among the largest Giants known- very few are ever taller. Unruly, vicious and brutal, they have a sad story: They were once the elites of Giant society. However, they became prone to debauchery, deceit, and interpersonal conflict, and eventually the Giant Gods abaondoned them as a failed experiment. Running rampant amongst the newer races (Elves & Dwarves), the Mountain Giants (as they came to be called- separated from the smaller Hill Giants) came to represent all Giant-kin to many of these races. Giants became known as vicious, kill-crazy brutes.

Jab's Notes: Mountain Giants appeared along with Forest, Sun & Ocean Giants in the 2nd Monster Manual in 3e, and kind of fit the GIGANTIC type you typically see in most media.

MOUNTAIN GIANT
Role:
Large Brute
PL 10 (92)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 12 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -2

Skills: 
Athletics 3 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 9 (+7)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+4)
Intimidation 13 (+11, +14 Size)
Perception 5 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Rocks) 4 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+3, -5 Size)

Advantages:
Equipment 3 (Huge Club), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Club), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
Growth 7 (Str & Sta +7, +7 Mass, +3 Intimidation, -3 Dodge/Parry, -7 Stealth) -- (21 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [15]
"Giant Senses" Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent) [2]
"Giant's Size" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Reach 2) [4]
"Giant Stride" Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
"Wall of Mass" Immunity 1 (Cold) [1]

Equipment:
"Rocks" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Resticted to Large Creatures) (Extras: Ranged 10) (12) -- (13)
AE: "Giant Club or Cleaver" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Restricted- Size) (Extras: Penetrating 8) (10)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
War Club +8 (+12 Damage, DC 25)
Thrown Rocks +8 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +12, Fortitude +13, Will +5

Complications:
None

Total: Abilities: 18 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 25 / Defenses: 19 (92)
Jabroniville

Elysian Titan

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImageImage

ELYSIAN TITAN
Role:
Giant God-Like Being
PL 21 (467)
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA 19 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 18 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 9 PRESENCE 7

Skills:
Deception 24 (+31)
Expertise (Any) 24 (+29)
Expertise (Technology) 21 (+26)
Expertise (Planes) 24 (+29)
Expertise (Acting) 21 (+28)
Expertise (Magic) 24 (+29)
Insight 24 (+33)
Intimidation 24 (+31)
Perception 24 (+33)
Persuasion 24 (+31)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Maul of the Titans) 4, Improved Smash, Move-By Action, Power Attack

Powers:
"Giant Size" Growth 14 (Str & Sta +14, +14 Mass, +7 Intimidation, -7 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -14 Stealth) -- (72 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [29]
"Giant's Reach" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Reach 3) [4]
Speed 2 (16 mph) [2]

"Air Walk" Flight 3 (Flaws: Limited to Walking) [3]
"True Seeing" Senses 4 (Counters Concealment, Illusions) [4]

"Mind Blank"
Immunity 20 (Mental Effects) [20]
Concealment 1 (Mental Detection) [2]

"Greater Dispel Magic Area" Nullify 20 (Magical Effects) (Extras: Broad, Simultaneous, Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Touch Range) (80) -- [91]
  • AE: "Greater Dispel Magic" Nullify 20 (Magical Effects) (Extras: Broad) (60)
  • AE: "Bestow Curse 1" Affliction 11 (Will; Impaired/Disabled) (Flaws: Limited Degree, 50% Chance of Working) (2.5)
  • AE: "Bestow Curse 2" Weaken Stats 6 (Extras: Broad) (Flaws: 50% Chance of Working) (6)
  • AE: "Break Enchantment" Nullify Magical Effects 10 (Extras: Broad, Ranged) (Flaws: Limited to Enchantments on Others) (20)
  • AE: "Divination" Senses 4 (Precognition) (4)
  • AE: "Sending" Communication (Mental) 5 (Flaws: Limited to Familiar Subjects on This Plane) (16)
  • AE: "Greater Scrying" Remote Sensing (Hearing & Sight) 20 (Flaws: Depends on Familiarity of Subject, Requires Will Save of 14 -6, 3/day) (11)
  • AE: "Heal" Healing 10 (Extras: Energizing, Cures Afflictions) (Flaws: 3/day) (30)
  • AE: "Mass Suggestion" Affliction 13 (Will; Entranced/Compelled) (Extras: Area- Hearing Perception, Selective) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (26)
  • AE: "Freedom" Nullify 10 (Entrapment Effects) (Extras: Broad) (30)
  • AE: "Meteor Swarm" Blast 11 (Feats: Increased Range 3) (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3) (Flaws: 1/day -2) (36)
"Greater Planar Ally" Summon 8 (Extras: Active, Horde, Multiple Minions +2.5, Variable Type +2- Elementals or Outsiders) (Flaws: 1/day -2) [52]

"Maul of the Titans" (Flaws: Easily Removable) (Feats: Restricted to Colossal Creatures) [6]
Strength-Damage +8 (8 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +18 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Maul of the Titans +18 (+24 Damage, DC 39)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +18 (DC 28), Toughness +19, Fortitude +21, Will +21

Complications:
Quirk (Divination)- Divination has a 70% chance of producing a useful result, and can take nearly any form. You also must ask a specific question.

Total: Abilities: 90 / Skills: 234--117 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 213 / Defenses: 40 (467)

Jab's Notes: This is just a conversion of a D&D creature, based off of ProdigyDuck's excellent conversion system.
Jabroniville

Wights

Post by Jabroniville »

WIGHT
Role:
Sorta-Zombies
PL 6 (89)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA -- AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 4 (+4)
Stealth 6 (+7)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Level Drain), Startle

Powers:
"Undead"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 5 [5]
Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]

"Raise Wights" Affliction 8 (Fort; Transformed to Wight) (Extras: Continuous +3) (Flaws: Limited to Opponents Slain -2) [16]
"Negative Levels" Affliction 6 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed to Lower Level) (Extras: Cumulative) [12]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Negative Levels +6 (+6 Affliction, DC 16)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +5, Fortitude --, Will +2

Complications:
Hatred (Living Things)- Wights seek nothing more than the destruction of all life.

Total: Abilities: 8 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 64 / Defenses: 6 (89)

-Wights are more powerful than most kinds of undead, sporting human-level intelligence and obsessively-destructive personalities. They are most well-known, however, for their "Skill Drain" ability, which reduces victims' very skills and capabilities to levels they were at prior to their current experience level. This makes them much-feared by Questers and other adventurers, as experience can matter little when facing numerous Wights.

Jab's Notes: More Undead! This was a specific request. I always considered Wights just "one more kind of Undead" if your players got bored killing Zombies & Vampires a little too often. But they're most iconic for their "Level Drain" ability, which I would imagine would be a gigantic pain in the ass in terms of bookkeeping. Who wants to keep all that nonsense around?
Jabroniville

Re: Castellia- A Fantasy Setting (Cloud & Storm Giants! Raticate! Tauros! Titans!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Ok, so with the giants finally done, I'm getting to the requests. Wights, Werewolves, Mimics and the Bonewheel. I think that's it for those.
Jabroniville

Mimic

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

MIMIC
Role:
Hidden Baddies
PL 6 (97)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Intimidation 5 (+5)
Perception 5 (+6)
Stealth 6 (+7)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold

Powers:
"Adhesive" Snare 4 (Extras: Reaction +3) (Flaws: Touch Range) [20]
"Mimic Shape" Morph 4 [20]
Immunity 5 (Acid Damage) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +5, Fortitude +5, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Eating)- Mimics will attack and eat just about anything they think they can defeat.
Power Loss (Adhesive)- Mimics' adhesive coating dissolves against strong alcohol.
Power Loss (Mimickry)- A Mimic cannot copy tactile sensations- anyone touching a Mimic can likely infer that the "object" they're touching is a fake.

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 45 / Defenses: 7 (97)

-Mimics are shapechanging creatures who exist largely outside of normal "morality" as other species would consider it. Mimics consider anything edible as "fair game", and see no problem in taking down and consuming sentient beings. Despite their human-like intelligence, they are downright animalistic in their logic of predators and prey. Like their names suggests, they are excellent and copying the outwards appearance of other creatures and objects- a typical method of attack is for a Mimic to copy the shape of a treasure chest within a dungeon, thus allowing them easy access to greedy Questers out for plunder.

Jab's Notes: Mimics are an iconic D&D dungeon foe, and a hallmark of the "Dungeon Master versus the Players" mentality of the early edition/s of the game- what meaner option than to disguise Treasure Chests and bedframes as grapple-crazy monsters out to kill the unsuspecting players? And reasonable D&D players now get paranoid about EVERY treasure chest, making these little buggers totally influential upon the setting. Though very well-known, I can't say I've heard too many distinct stories about them, nor much elaborating on just what they are, or what they're like. Since they're "neutral", I gave them an animalistic morality, meaning they kill adventurers simply to be fed- nothing more. At PL 5-6, they're decent, but not overwhelming, threats- D&D players are likely done fearing them by the time they hit their fifth character level, too.
Jabroniville

Bonewheel

Post by Jabroniville »

BONEWHEEL
Role:
Weird Monster
PL 6 (93)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA -- AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Intimidation 8 (+6)
Perception 4 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+7)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Bonewheel Attack), Startle

Powers:
"Undead"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 6 [6]
Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]
Immunity 10 (Piercing Damage) [10]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]

"Bonewheel Attack" Strength-Damage +3 (Extras: Multiattack 6) (9) -- [10]
  • AE: "Bonewheel Charge" Strength-Damage +3 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line 6) (9)
"Hard To Hold" Immunity 5 (Ensnarement Effects) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Bonewheel Attack +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +6, Fortitude --, Will +3

Complications:
Motivation (Killing The Living)

Total: Abilities: 16 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 64 / Defenses: 3 (93)

-Bonewheels are a unique Necromantic creation that consist of a skeleton alchemically attached to a large wheel from a cart or wagon. Steel blades populate the rims of the wheel, which man spin dramatically when the creature finds its intended victims. Many Bonewheels are simply laid as traps, to prevent Questers from reaching a Wizard's lair.
Jab's Notes: Another request, Bonewheels are something I've never heard of before now. They're pretty crazy, weird constructs, but provide a fun Multiattack/Line Damage thing.