The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"So what do you guys think? Should we take them up on their offer?"
she asked mentally. "I've been kinda doing similar things as a 'dex holder, I mean I had to earn my way somehow and being a classic 'adventurer' was the easiest way to do it. Still, those two, Jellico and Ellis remind me of Carvana and Weyland and Yutani remind me of Rattata." she considered.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

S & S

The two-legs called Ellis and Jellico are not being completely honest. Sherlock 'says' over the mental link

And at least for Jellico, that doesn't really mesh with his profile. Rather ruthless, and someone who would be far more comfortable in a traditional military organization than in Starfleet, but believes in his job and is good at it. Whatever he's doing, I'd bet a lot he thinks it's in the best interest of the Federation.
Shannon adds.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY ALMA AND PEEKABOO

"We can always rip their throats out and feast on their innards if they betray us."
Alma offered mentally via Amy, proving once again that while beautiful and good, she was still a dark pokemon. Which pretty much meant she viewed the world as any predator would. If it looked edible, it was fair game and menu ready.

"Says the Umbreon." Peekaboo retorted.

"Ellis is a politician. They always have multiple angles."
Amy added. "We'll have to be on our toes certainly. Still, a steady job and a base to recuperate from isn't that bad, even if we are black ops. That usually means they'll wash their hands of us if we get captured or in over our heads. So that's a concern as well. Though not insurmountable."

Battle Init
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Niisha
Condition: Normal
HP: 3 - LP: 2

Niisha listened. She considered. After a short moment, she inclined her head towards Woolsey.

"I assent to your proposal. I will aid you in this endeavor, for fair recompense."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Ellis and Jellico are silent about compensation, Woolsey seems interested to see that you are treated fairly, Weyland and Yutani seem to be the ones ready to negotiate the details of your terms.
Last edited by Bladewind on Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Same here, include medical in that." she added helpfully. "And I am so going to invest in a water pokemon, I hate swarms of any type and they make excellent sweepers."

Battle Init
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

S & S

"I'm not overly concerned about salary and benefits as long as you've arranged with my superiors for me to remain active duty." Shannon said. At least for the foreseeable future, the exchange rate between Manticoran dollars and American was... favorable to Manticore, to say the least.

<Though as tempting as it might be, I don't work for celery.> Sherlock signed. If it appeared none of the others could read sign, she did translate. Including the bad pun.

She could certainly get better medical care on Manticore or Beowulf -- or even on McKeon -- than from any pre-Merge source on Earth Prime. And most post-Merge sources. In fact...

Speaking of medical, remind me to get you -- and maybe Rand -- to the Star Kingdom at some point. You're definitely young enough for 3rd-gen prolong, and he just might be for 1st-gen. And most other life-extension treatments that have come through the Merge seem to have nasty side effects. Whereas prolong is harmless, other than 3rd-gen sticking you with a teenage body for an extra decade or two. Shannon 'thought' to Amy.
Last edited by drothgery on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"So yeah. Whatcha offering? What is the pay, what are the facilities and technology we have access to? Bacta tanks for patching us up between missions?" Rand asks, ever the pragmatist. "I gotta say, I saw the 'cell' that the Earther had with her. It was pretty much Jawa junk." he says, his tone indicating being unimpressed. "No offense." he added to Amy. "You got access to better?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY
"No offense." he added to Amy. "You got access to better?"
"None taken. It pretty much was cheap and meant to be replaced if something happened." she said with a grin. "Definately wasn't an Iphone or something like that. I mean, as a dex holder, I go into some pretty nasty places. Having an expensive and breakable piece of tech just doesn't make much sense in those sorts of situations."
Speaking of medical, remind me to get you -- and maybe Rand -- to the Star Kingdom at some point. You're definitely young enough for 3rd-gen prolong, and he just might be for 1st-gen. And most other life-extension treatments that have come through the Merge seem to have nasty side effects. Whereas prolong is harmless, other than 3rd-gen sticking you with a teenage body for an extra decade or two. Shannon 'thought' to Amy.
"I'll take you up on it, depending on what they ask for it." Amy thought back. "Being an adventurer means you are fairly flexible with that sort of thing.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Dr Keller has patched this crew up on more than one occasion, not to mention reversed the odd genetic rewrite. You'll be in good hands in the medical benefits department. Woolsey says without really looking up from his notes.

In a strong, gravelly voice, Weyland speaks up.

"We intend to compensate you well - commensurate with how you compensate us as it were. Our goal is the protection of Earth.
Since the Merge, people are afraid. This is no comic book where Damage Inc or whatever its called comes in and cleans up and there are unlimited resources and materials to rebuild after every fight.

"There are technologies and people out there that can level cities or worse. Worse actually, as even if we are able to secure something, there may be another out there. If you know anything about myself and my associate - or, our future conglomerate - you know that we are powerful and among the most rich. Its our belief that we need to build such a conglomerate on this world to protect it.

"And yes, we wish to protect ourselves.

"So, here is our offer. The more tasks you accomplish, the more we will compensate you. Possibly by cutting you in. You will be given a chance to review and accept or refuse offers. And while you fit the bill nicely of what we need, know that there is more than one team at our call. Refuse too many missions, and we won't call on you as often."

The Japanese woman, who has not spoken so far, sets her pen down on her closed file folder. The pen is shaped like a katana.

"To answer your question of keeping quiet, that is an unpleasant subject best left quiet. Her voice is soft, her English flawless," But, if it helps, we have several teams at our disposal. Asset recovery, reconnaissance, and even, how would you say in English? Fixers."

"Yes. Yes. We all know that these folks are off the grid as the expression goes and that they will not be missed. I for one do not like to waste my time, and am speaking with you because I believe you could be assets. Would you care to see potential assignments, and possibly be given an introductory task?"
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY
"There are technologies and people out there that can level cities or worse. Worse actually, as even if we are able to secure something, there may be another out there. If you know anything about myself and my associate - or, our future conglomerate - you know that we are powerful and among the most rich. Its our belief that we need to build such a conglomerate on this world to protect it.
"I think you'd be doomed to failure with that in mind." she smiled. "People with big britches loose em quicker than those who actually get their pants fitted right in this reality. Not to mention, don't fall into the trap of thinking people aren't watching you lot like hawks. I would if I knew anything about you." she warned.

"Also, I might be young, but even I'm smart enough not to fall for that hogwash. You just want to be in charge and rich like you were in your home reality." she said baldly. "Don't lie to me. I don't like it and won't put up with it, especially when it's so obvious. I will also call you out on it every time you try." she smiled at him. "And no, I didn't even need to read your mind to suss that out."
"So, here is our offer. The more tasks you accomplish, the more we will compensate you. Possibly by cutting you in. You will be given a chance to review and accept or refuse offers. And while you fit the bill nicely of what we need, know that there is more than one team at our call. Refuse too many missions, and we won't call on you as often."

The Japanese woman, who has not spoken so far, sets her pen down on her closed file folder. The pen is shaped like a katana.

"To answer your question of keeping quiet, that is an unpleasant subject best left quiet. Her voice is soft, her English flawless," But, if it helps, we have several teams at our disposal. Asset recovery, reconnaissance, and even, how would you say in English? Fixers."

"Yes. Yes. We all know that these folks are off the grid as the expression goes and that they will not be missed. I for one do not like to waste my time, and am speaking with you because I believe you could be assets. Would you care to see potential assignments, and possibly be given an introductory task?"
"I can work with that m'am. I'd prefer not to be on a 'fixer' assignment, unless there is an option to take them alive. Asset recovery and reconnaissance is right up my alley so to speak, that sort of thing is something I've been doing since I started traveling." Amy replied, much more respectfully, as the woman didn't lie to her and spelled out exactly what she expected from them.
Last edited by kirinke on Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Battle Init
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Bladewind wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:47 am "There are technologies and people out there that can level cities or worse. Worse actually, as even if we are able to secure something, there may be another out there. If you know anything about myself and my associate - or, our future conglomerate - you know that we are powerful and among the most rich. Its our belief that we need to build such a conglomerate on this world to protect it.
"Any interstellar civilization is going to have lots of ways to level a city or worse. We generally don't think too much about what a suicidal maniac with an impeller drive starship -- even a tiny unarmed dispatch boat -- could do to a planet without any proper defenses. For that matter, if you have even a remote idea of what McKeon is capable of, having her in orbit is probably keeping some people up at night. And the Star Kingdom is hardly the only interstellar civilization that came through the Merge." In fact, McKeon's KEWs could destroy anything from a small building to a large city. If the Captain were willing to violate the Eridani Edict -- which he most certainly was not, he could cause enormous damage to Earth with a single Mark-16. A few tens of tons of missile at relativistic speeds would do that; the fusion warhead wouldn't matter in the slightest.

It was hardly worth mentioning that while Earth had some sentimental value to her as humanity's original home world, it wasn't her home. Protecting Manticore and Sphinx -- or even Lynx and San Martin -- were far more important to her. After all, six months ago her people had been in a shooting war with the government that controlled Sol.
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Niisha
Condition: Normal
HP: 3 - LP: 2

Niisha sighed. Was I ever that self-righteous?

"You know what we are capable of. We proved that against the Predators. In all truthfulness, I could not care less as to the 'why' you wish to employ us. It is the 'what' that we get in return that interests me. Your offer was rather vague, and I understand the necessity of that considering the... diversity of our little group, so allow me to to add some specificity. Randin and, should she chose to remain among us, Lt. Cmdr. Bradley will review the field support you have offered us; if it meets with his approval then we will have no further issue there, and if not then we can address things on a case-by-case basis."

One claw tapped slowly against the tabletop.

"As thankful as I am for your rescuing us and for your hospitality here, I will not live in a military facility. As Mr. Weyland pointed out, you are not lacking in monetary resource. Providing us with comfortable surroundings in which to spend out downtime would not pose you difficulty. Nor would ensuring that our bank accounts remained well fed during our absenses on your behalf. I will have to do some further research before we discuss exact numbers."

She offered her practiced smile.

"I believe these are fair terms, considering the personal risk these assignments are like to entail. Allow me to offer a suggestion; detail for us your 'introduction' assignment, then give us some time to discuss amongst ourselves. We will be better equipped to give you a definitive answer then."

OOC: Persuasion Check: 1D20+15 = [20]+15 = 35
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand was surprised to hear his own name included in Niisha's summation and counter. It wasn't needed but he nodded his assent. Her words sounded top notch and he didn't need to add his own. He just crossed his arms and waited for their reply.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Sounds good Niisha." the girl said mentally. "Sorry for telling the male Rattata off. His transparent lie just rubbed me the absolute wrong way."

Out loud she added. "Is there also an option to destroy the asset if it's too dangerous to transport and the risk of it getting into the wrong hands is too great?" she asked. "I've had that happen before on one job I took." she asked the woman.

Battle Init