Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

/

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:24 am, edited 4 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

/
Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spectrum

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Goldar, Superman, RCU Heroes & Villains)

Post by Spectrum »

So glad I misread those two! They are not Doctor and Lady Techron- for a cleaner city.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

The Cap/Guardian thing is pretty much inevitable. If the same creative team leaves one book, and then immediately creates another character with several of the same visual elements, it's gonna look like a rip-off no matter what. The set-dressing, types of stories, and even the POWERS can differ, but if someone left Hawkman and just worked on a book featuring a superhero with wings, people would be saying he just copied his own stuff elsewhere.

edit: That Cannon on your Powersuit Guy is INTENSE. Damage NINETEEN? What is that- an atomic weapon? Though at least you scaled the accuracy down so that he's still only PL 13.

What's the Standard Heroic PL of your setting? PL 10-ish for basic guys, PL 11 for elites? You don't seem to go over that very often.

I also like how your "disavowed" characters came back, like it was your own little Crisis On Infinite Earths, and failed for largely the same reason that the actual Crisis on Infinite Earths reboot did :).
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I've actually had a lot of family and friends that grew up without a significant adult male in their lives. They did have active mothers, sisters and aunts though. So yeah, I get how that would get passed down from generation to generation.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

jcjec

Re: Graviton

Post by jcjec »

Ken wrote:Real Life stuff
Normally, I am not opposed to people playing "gender-bender" characters. I actually see it as a good exercise in playing something one isn't. However, I also generally assume that most people know some people of the opposite gender.

When discussing Longbow, I mentioned how Longbow was originally createdfor a completely different game, one rife with political posturing. Well, Longbow (a Canadian), and my character (a Brit), pretty much decimated the American, who was that reality's version of Graviton. In fact, every indication was that it became personal. So Jim and I reached out to "MoonRyu", Graviton's player. And when that campaign went tits up, we invited MoonRyu to the RCU and she brought Graviton. And Jim went out of his way to have Longbow (this time) befriend Graviton.

Well, MoonRyu was an only child, raised by a single mother, and had had an absentee father. She also, well, I don't think she "liked guys". No father, no brothers, no male friends or boyfriends to speak of. I'm not sure I ever met anyone who lacked understanding of the male psyche that much. Dr. Moonstone, in story, was a single father, so he was trying to be a father and mother to his daughter. He was good at mothering her, at least. It was very, very strange. Eventually, MoonRyu gave up, and we haven't heard from her in ages. In most regards, she was a good player. But she could not play an alpha male to save her life. Heck, Graviton wasn't even a beta male. More you'd have to go deeper through the Greek alphabet; more like a pi male.
More Real Life Stuff
Probably the most uncomfortable bit of roleplaying that occurred was when Longbow reached out to Graviton and his daughter, who were Native American but tribeless due to not knowing who his father was and a deceased mother who had been outcast and never embraced her heritage, and invited them to come home to his tribe and become his tribe-brother. During this visit, Graviton assumed that it was perfectly natural to expect to not only share a bedroom with his new friend, but also the bed. And when Longbow was like "that's OK, you can have the bed and I'll sleep on the couch," Graviton repeatedly insisted that they share. :shock:

While, from what I understand from my sisters and female friends, its perfectly natural for two straight women to be willing to sleep in the same bed, most guys really would rather sleep on a bed of nails than share.
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Reminds me of a book I read about, where a woman went undercover as as man for a period of time. Though she pulled it off, she found that despite identifying as a butch lesbian, every man around her found her very effeminate, and suspected her of being a gay male
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.