The Jabverse: An O.C. Thread (Cyber-Samurai, Lady of the Eternal Winter)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: The Jabverse: An O.C. Thread (Lady Dynamo! Osprey! The Arthro-Squad! Chain Gang!)

Post by Jabroniville »

bsdigitalq wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:09 am Dude, I've been looking forward to this guy for a while, ever since you showed me that pic of him fighting Night Dragon. While I'm not a fan of stretchy heroes, I *love* body horror villains, and this guy really falls into that category perfectly. Man, just imagine what the Crooked Man from "The Conjuring 2" would've been like if the guy playing him could do what this guy can.
Thanks! I came up with the idea a couple months ago as a random "Night Dragon Foe", but the excitement Skaramine showed for him made me want to actually draw him for real. So I did! ... then I waited a while to stat him out, because I think I was busy or something :).
Shock

Re: The Jabverse: An O.C. Thread (Arthro-Squad! Chain Gang! N.E. Anderthal! Nobasu!)

Post by Shock »

Yep, that guy's creepy as hell
Horsenhero

Re: The Jabverse: An O.C. Thread (Arthro-Squad! Chain Gang! N.E. Anderthal! Nobasu!)

Post by Horsenhero »

Nobasu is way creepy! You gotta love a villain who looks like he attends family reunions with the critter from "The Thing".
Jabroniville

Re: Cardia St. Miller

Post by Jabroniville »

scc wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:38 pm Image

I really like this character. Not just for the um...obvious reason. Like others have mentioned its a different take on a crime boss. Someone needs to make this happen. Come on DC and Marvel. Put a character like this in your comics and then hopefully live action. ;-)
Tragically, the closest equivalent is when Superia got reimagined from the Rik Levins design into "tall chick in minidress".
Jabroniville

The Agents of Aquarius

Post by Jabroniville »

THE AGENTS OF AQUARIUS:

-Aquarius was a villain with a plan. Most super-villain groups prior to him were brought together out of mutual-hatred for super-heroes on a rival side, and most were comprised of various World-Conquerers or volatile personalities who could never get along. Aquarius realized these were all doomed to failure from the start- big-time operations draw big-time attention, after all. He saw the potential in the "Super-Villain Group", but only if proper precautions were taken. It would be much better if small-time criminals were gathered, and sheer GREED was their linking attribute. The kind of thing that draws less attention.

Having done his research, Aquarius realized many other flaws in villains' plans: They stuck too often to one city, and for too long. They always went after the same heroes (causing the heroes to get used to their tactics). They always acted crazy and antisocial- nobody else would ever want to join such a group. They had too few members, and stuck to the same roster all the time (making them predictable as well as diminishing their potential firepower).

And so, Aquarius sought out people from various walks of life- established villains Great White & Mako gave the group credibilty and, in Great White, muscle. Blue Shark was a failed Pro Fighter. Bull Shark was a non-human looking to establish himself. Thresher Shark was a surgeon, desperate to earn money for an advanced prosthetic limb. Whale Shark was a former henchman who needed some back-up and power. Sawtooth was a Con Man looking for a bigger score. Dr. Nautilus was a genius whose creations could fuel the team, etc. And quickly, Aquarius had built and arsenal of his elite agents, all themed around oceanic creatures, as he realized that villain groups needed a "Theme" to stick together (the Dino Crew had much more staying power than the various other groups, for example).

Their missions would be kept "small-time" compared to many villains' acts, and they'd often target places all over the coastlines of the United States and other countries. Never sticking to one location, they were difficult for super-heroes to track (despite their flashy costumes), and they went underground often enough that patterns were hard to determine. Aquarius had promised them big plans and dominating power, and kept up a larger-than-life persona.

In the end, the crew had (and has) personel problems. Thresher's heart was rarely in it, and Sawtooth would frequently annoy his teammates with both incompetence and being a sleazeball. Great White was a ball of mental problems, and way too aggressive, despite the credibilty he offered them. And worse of all, Aquarius's ruse soon fell apart, as the team realized he only had small plans, wasn't as powerful as he'd claimed, and had lied to several members of his team. He was quickly drummed out, but the group kept the name (figuring it was "good theming") and moved on without him. However, without Aquarius leading them, they grew into bad habits, kept to the same locations too often, and superheroes got used to them- their failures increased, and they were often captured. Nowadays, the group is infamous for being made up of "Jobbers", though deadly in large numbers. They never moved out of the "small-time" operations.

Jab's Notes: Behold- the creation for which I am most proud- the Agents of Aquarius! I tried many times to create analogues to The Serpent Society, each themed around animal groups (Spiders, Big Cats, etc.), but ultimately, the sheer number of water-bound creatures made this team a natural. The name just came to me, being alliterative and descriptive, but it made me realize I needed a guy NAMED Aquarius to lead them! The drawing I made is essentially there to show off their color schemes, though many were just randomly drawn up from nothing but a spark of an idea.

Many of the members have direct equivalents in the Serpent Society (Knifefish/Diamondback, Blue Shark/Anaconda), while others just have generally similar concepts (Great White/King Cobra- established villains chosen to join a similarly-themed team).

Members:
(first row)
MANTA RAY- Actually I don't mind his look. Though he's basically just "Batman with a tail".
BULL SHARK- A shark-man with horns.
OARFISH- Based off of the world's longest bony fish. He has elongation powers.
WHALE SHARK- The world's largest fish inspires a Growing Guy. And oddly, pink actually seems to WORK on his design. Not a lot of pink-wearing male super-characters, y'know?
DR. NAUTILUS- A nutty, armor-wearing super-scientist.
(second row)
THRESHER SHARK- I deliberately made him orange because it's not used often. His "thresher" hand makes him look like a dork.
GOBLIN SHARK- I didn't want to settle for "just" looking like a weird anthro-shark. He needed garish gloves & boots.
BLUE SHARK- A super-strong, beefy woman. CLASSIC jobber material, like Marvel's old "Grapplers" super-villainess team.
DOGFISH- Yes, that's a real name for an animal. Though I intended this guy to look stupid (he's a dog-man wearing swimming gear), I was unprepared for just HOW stupid he would look.
SAWFISH- I wanted him to look a bit silly- to be the group's own "Boomslang"- a total loser to whom even common gang members were a threat. So when the costume came out looking too plain, I added stuff. And then added more stuff. And then a bit MORE stuff. Now, he somehow mixes "too plain" (two-color suit), with "too busy" (fins sticking off in odd places, a fin-head).
(third row)
NURSE SHARK- I wanted one to be a "Shark Mermaid" kind of thing, but be monstrous instead of hot. Well, the body's on point, but she's a total butterface. I wanted to mess around with the colors on her clamshell bra & hair, otherwise she'd just be a gray shark chick. Too plain, y'know?
SAND SHARK- A Sandman-type guy who usually takes shark form, I guess. SOME HAVE MORE THOUGHT THAN OTHERS PUT INTO THEM, OKAY??
KNIFEFISH- The group's own "Diamondback"- a bad girl gone good, who can be "saved" by the virtuous male hero. Total nerd fetish shit, right? Except in THIS case, she's a "Terra"- a deliberate plant meant to find out the hero's secrets. Also her power is throwing knives (Knifefish are actually the animals for which we get the "electric eel", who is unrelated to the Moray Eel).
UNNAMED FISH LADY- I can't remember what I was gonna call her. She basically looks like some fanart I saw for Monster High's Lagoona Blue, but with a simple black swimsuit (odd-skinned women kind of need simple costumes). I added the red arm-fins based off of a rejected design for Amphitrite, the wife of Poseidon.
LANTERNFISH- The third member of the group's "Bad Girls Inc." inner circle of friends. She's black and she has light powers. That's about all I got so far.
(bottom row)
CARPET SHARK- A camouflaged suit-wearing guy. I kinda like how the "mottled" look came out.
MAKO- A weaker minion for his boss, the guy next to him...
GREAT WHITE- A huge South African hunter-turned-monster. He's usually unrelated to this group, but gets recruited because he's "on theme"- unlike the others, he is DEFINITELY not a Jobber- one of that world's most dangerous solo supervillains.
BARRACUDA- A Barracuda-man. Though he has that classic evil/goofy face, I don't mind how his grey coloring looks here- kinda "silvery".
MEGAMOUTH- One of the latest creations (because of the poses and the room left, I skooshed some of them together)- a guy who activates a vortex into his "mouth" that leads victims to somewhere.
SIXGILL- A guy in a pretty cool suit, inspired by a Mutants & Masterminds character, and the Justice League Unlimited version of one of Aquaman's baddies.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Aquarius

Post by Jabroniville »

Probably sorta like that, but with the "Aquarius" logo on his chest or something. Probably a scalloped cape, too.

AQUARIUS (Anthony Argos)
Hgt:
6'1" Wgt: 175 lbs.
Role: Would-Be Group Leader
PL 9 (144)
STRENGTH
2/7 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Deception 6 (+10)
Expertise (Criminal) 5 (+8)
Expertise (Superhero Trivia) 10 (+13)
Insight 2 (+6)
Intimidation 6 (+10)
Investigation 2 (+6)
Perception 2 (+6)
Persuasion 7 (+11)
Stealth 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Daze (Persuasion), Ranged Attack 4, Startle

Powers:
"Aquarius Powersuit" (Flaws: Removable) [52]
Enhanced Strength 5 (10)
Protection 6 (Extras: Impervious 7) (13)
Immunity 3 (Drowning, Pressure, Cold) (3)
Swimming 5 (5)
"Depth Charges" Blast 8 (Feats: Accurate 2, Split 4, Homing 4) (Extras: Multiattack) (34)
-- (65 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Powersuit +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Depth Charges +10 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +2 (+8 Powersuit), Fortitude +4, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Greed & Power)- Aquarius seeks to gain great material wealth through repeated thefts.
Secret (Fake Powerhouse)- Aquarius is a capable battler, but only in his armor, and he's certainly not as powerful as he pretends to be. When word of this gets out, his teammates are humiliated and angry, having been lied to all this time.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 52 / Defenses: 9 (144)

-Anthony Argos was a great student of the "Super-Hero Game", following the trials and tribulations of super-powered folk obsessively. A chartered accountant, he realized that the secret to material wealth for super-villains was to change the way they fought- rather than sticking to their hometowns and battling the same heroes again and again, they should hit and run, move across the United States (and the world), and change up their opponents and tactics- this would allow them a lot more freedom, and make them much more money. However, Argos was plain-looking, non-super-powered, and lacked the force of personality required to tell super-villains what to do.

-So, using his knowledge of superhero history, he tracked down a genius he rechristened "Doctor Nautilus", getting him to engineer various power-sets for agents he could recruit. Taking acting lessons, he adopted a broad, grandiose, charismatic persona. Wearing the flowing cape of a "Dark Lord"-type villain, speaking in a booming, low-pitched voice, and acting as if he had vast power, he became "Aquarius". He hired, convinced, blackmailed and cajoled various people into joining his "themed" organization (theorizing that themed groups, like the Dino Crew, always stuck together, while groups of random bad guys, like the Larceny League, rarely did), and acted as if he would help them take over the world.

-Unfortunately, Aquarius's plan soon unraveled. Though he'd amassed a cult of personality over most of the team, their personality problems caused personal classes. Members started to realize that all of their crimes were fairly "small time", and had little to do with taking over the world. And then disaster struck- the team meddled with Mega-Woman, who followed them to their hideout. And then it was revealed that Aquarius, for all his "big talk", was not as powerful as he'd claimed- his armor, while advanced, was nowhere close to the level of elite fighters. His teammates, humiliated, cast him from their organization, continuing on without him. In disgrace, and now considered a "Dord" (a pejorative term for people who mimic "Dark Lord" villainous characteristics), he hid away, planning a comeback under some NEW identity.

Jab's Notes: When I came up with the "Dark Lord" joke (based off of how many bad guys imitate that), I didn't really have any particular villains in mind- just the concept that such a generic idea would result in numerous "pretender" villains doing their best Darth Vader impressions to gain credibility they didn't deserve. And while coming up with the Agents of Aquarius, I realized one could fit the other. So I formulated some guy who could convince others to follow him, but would lose them, and they'd go off without a leader.
Horsenhero

Re: The Jabverse: An O.C. Thread (Chain Gang! Nobasu! The Agents of Aquarius!)

Post by Horsenhero »

I really want Aquarius to have a panel where he postures threateningly, with his team in the background, proclaiming to the heroes: "This is the dawn of the Agents of Aquarius!"

It would be so much cheesy goodness! :D
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Horsenhero wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:53 pm I really want Aquarius to have a panel where he postures threateningly, with his team in the background, proclaiming to the heroes: "This is the dawn of the Agents of Aquarius!"

Why'd ya think I chose the name :)??
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:26 pm
Horsenhero wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:53 pm I really want Aquarius to have a panel where he postures threateningly, with his team in the background, proclaiming to the heroes: "This is the dawn of the Agents of Aquarius!"

Why'd ya think I chose the name :)??
I totally approve.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

So with these guys, a lot of them were simply the equivalent of "Blind Builds"- coming up with names was easy (plenty of cool aquatic names out there), but actually slapping a name and costume onto a guy is pretty simple... all of these dudes needed real names and ORIGINS, too! 90% of the time, I don't think of an origin until I actually sit down and begin statting up the guy, so most of these were "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of inventive things.
Jabroniville

Blue Shark

Post by Jabroniville »

The woman in blue.

BLUE SHARK (Veronica Myers)
Hgt:
6'4" Wgt: 250 lbs.
Role: Low-Tier Powerhouse
PL 8 (89)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+10)
Deception 3 (+3)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 3 (+3)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Equipment (SCUBA Gear), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Steroid Modifications"
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +4

Complications:
Prejudice (Lesbian)
Responsibility (Temper, Arrogance)- Veronica is overly-aggressive in fights, and always wants to prove herself. This often leads to her tangling with the highest-end opponents she can find, and her temper will not let her break off the combat, even if it goes south (she tends to just get angrier and more-desperate, causing mistakes to be made).

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 1 / Defenses: 8 (89)

-Veronica Myers was a high-level female boxer in a world that saw little value in that type of thing, and so moved on to the world of underground martial arts, where intergender competition was allowed, and the stakes were higher. However, while her natural talent was great, she didn't have the knack for hard work, sacrifice and mental toughness required at the highest levels of expertise in that field, and began faltering against real Top-Tier competitors. Faced with inevitably becoming one of those "Jobbers To The Stars" or forgotten background fighters used as a "Speed Bump" for others on the way up, she sought any advantage she could find. Through an unscrupulous agent, she hooked up with some people who'd created a new Super-Steroid, and became one of the top prospects. However, the process was incredibly-dangerous, and had some mutating qualities- Veronica was the only survivor of this first (and only) test group, and the size gains she made had left it clear she'd altered herself- she tried to compete under a mask, but after a few prominent wins, her identity (and thus the alterations she'd made) was discovered, and soon she was persona-non-grata to the Martial Arts world (which does not allow superhuman modification). And so she became the next best thing: a costumed criminal.

-Initially going as The Blue Bomber, in a fairly generic outfit, she was recruited by Aquarius, who simply changed her "theming" and made her his "Blue Shark". Veronica mostly stuck to the background, but became known for an aggressive personality, an inability to take a joke (playful jibes from her teammates would earn a violent response), and generally not making much of a difference in fights. She still retains a degree of the old talent, but her angry tactics often cause her to make mistakes, and her arrogance causes her to go up against opponents way out of her weight class- her relatively low tier of Strength makes this unwise.

-A Low-Tier Powerhouse with some solid accuracy (and Accurate Attack/Improved Critical), Blue Shark can be rather effective, but at PL 8, she can't oppose higher-end heroes, and that's usually who she ends up fighting. Despite her natural talent, she has a chip on her shoulder and an inability to call off the attack if she's out of her element- she's taken on opponents as high end as Mega-Woman and Iron Hammer in the past (both PL 12s who are way out of her league), and similarly tends to go up against extremely high-level martial artists like Osprey and Night Dragon, who have the skills to avoid her often-angry attacks.

Jab's Notes: Blue Shark is sort of the "Anaconda" of this team- a big, burly chick with a bad attitude. Looking for something interesting, I threw her into the same Fighting Circuit as Osprey and some others, but made her out to be a shortcut-seeking type who didn't want to put in all the hard work.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

I like the tie to one of your heroes. From a plot perspective it adds so much potential for "in-story" drama.
Jabroniville

Oarfish

Post by Jabroniville »

OARFISH (Audie Billingham)
Hgt:
6'1" Wgt: 175 lbs.
Role: Cat Burglar
PL 8 (112)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Criminal) 5 (+7)
Insight 1 (+3)
Perception 4 (+6)
Sleight of Hand 8 (+13)
Stealth 4 (+8)

Advantages: 
Equipment 2 (Rebreather, Aquatic Gear, Harpoon Gun), Evasion 2, Ranged Attack 2

Powers: 
"Rubber Plant Extract"
Elongation 4 [4]
Immunity 5 (Falling Damage) [5]
"Undulating Movement" Movement 1 (Slithering) [2]
"Flat Undulation" Flight 1 (Flaws: Gliding) [1]
Protection 2 [2]
Protection 4 (Flaws: Limited to Physical Impacts) [2]

"Elongation Tricks"
"Malleable Form" Insubstantial 1 (Feats: Precise) (6) -- [9]
  • AE: "Hands Into Weapons" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Variable- Bludgeoning, Slashing or Piercing Damage) (3)
  • AE: "Complex Lifting Structure" Enhanced Strength 3 (Flaws: Limited to Lifting) (3)
  • AE: "Form Shapes" Morph (Shapes) 2 (Flaws: Limited to Simple Shapes) (Quirk: Retains Colours -1) (4)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Weapon Hands +8 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Harpoon Gun +7 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3 (+5-7 Rubber Form), Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications: 
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 25 / Defenses: 8 (112)

-Audie Billingham was a highly-skilled Cat Burglar and Pickpocket, working with a small gang to make small scores. When modern bank systems became too difficult for him to overcome, he made inroads into gaining superhuman Elongation powers to overcome them. Discovering how was relatively simple- the rare Rubber Plant of Cambodia was a known contributor to the powers of the 1950s superhero India Rubber Man. Audie and his partners raised money and paid off a black market dealer in superhuman powers, but were tragically misinformed as to the ease of such things. The dealer did not realize the poisonous properties of the plant (India Rubber Man had drunk a cocktail that by extreme coincidence carried the antidote for said poison), and so all of Audie's partners died upon consuming the plant. Audie himself was saved, because by an even more extreme coincidence, he'd consumed the exact same cocktail earlier in the day.

-So Audie had indeed gained powers, but now lacked allies. He went into work for himself, using his powers to steal bigger and better riches. Wisely, he also avoided dressing up in a garish costume- realizing that said things tended to draw a lot more superhuman attention than dressing in plainclothes or simple black gear. Heroes also tend to HIT you much less hard if you look like a normal person, and underestimate your super-powered nature until it's too late. Most villains recognize this, but wear the costumes both for style and to enjoy the "Super-Life".

-In any case, Audie was semi-successful, but still needed partners. He was eventually arrested by the Black Fox and tried in court, but was sprung by Aquarius, who recruited him as the team's "Oarfish" (a largely-unknown creature also called "The King of Herrings", believed to be responsible for many Sea Serpent "sightings" throughout history). Though Oarfish was disinclined to become a costumed operative, he felt he had little choice in the matter. He isn't seen as often as some of the other Agents, preferring to work from behind the scenes or flee as soon as the battle turns (especially since he's rather weak compared to the others)- he also excels in breaking the team into various places and acting as an "advance man" to scout out locations.

-Oarfish is an Elongation-based fighter with some solid skills, but lacks real versatility or hitting power, even with his harpoon gun (he's PL 6.5 offensively).

Jab's Notes: Oarfishes are pretty rad, and largely unknown. The longest bony fish in existence, how could you NOT think this thing was some kind of monster if you saw one in real life? I wanted one for the team, but powers for such things are hard to think of, except for the obvious one: elongation. Not the most EXCITING power-set in existence, but it's actually pretty rare in my universe.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Thresher Shark

Post by Jabroniville »

THRESHER SHARK
Hgt:
6'1" Wgt: 195 lbs.
Role: Jobber Villain
PL 8 (110)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+5)
Deception 4 (+5)
Expertise (Criminal) 3 (+5)
Expertise (Surgeon) 4 (+8) -- Uses Dexterity
Insight 2 (+2)
Intimidation 3 (+4)
Perception 3 (+3)
Persuasion 2 (+3)

Advantages: 
Startle

Powers: 
"Thresher Arm" (Flaws: Removable) (Feats: Restricted to Those Without Right Hands) [23]
"Thresher Slash" Damage 7 (Feats: Reach 2) (Extras: Penetrating 5) (14)
"Thresher-Assisted Leap" Leaping 3 (60 feet) (Flaws: Requires Handhold or Launching Post) (1.5)
Enhanced Advantages 7: Chokehold, Defensive Roll 2, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Takedown (7)
Enhanced Skills 1: Close Combat (Thresher) 1 (+9) (0.5)
Enhanced Strength 4 (Flaws: Limited to Graples) (4)
-- (27 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Thresher +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +4 (+6 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications: 
Disabled (One Hand)- Thresher Shark has no right hand. This prevents a lot of manual dexterity.
Motivation (Greed)- Thresher Shark initially committed crimes in order to pay for an advanced prosthesis to allow him to remain a surgeon. Now, he's legally-prevented from practicing medicine, and simply steals to make money.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 23 / Defenses: 10 (110)

-Thresher Shark was a successful surgeon who lost his hand in a car accident- despondent over his ruined career, he desperately tried to gain the most-advanced prosthetics. He was SO desperate, in fact, that he was taken in by Aquarius, who promised him an advanced artificial limb if he'd become "Thresher Shark", using an elongated "thresher" at the end of his arm. He joined The Agents of Aquarius on several crimes, but was arrested and discovered. His career ruined as a result, he stuck with the Agents simply for a way to make ends meet- crime now being his full-time profession. He is notably one of the only superhumans on Earth to wear orange (note: Thresher Sharks are not orange).

-Thresher is a standard PL 8 Jobber Villain with a Weapon Gimmick, the "Thresher" being a powerful (non-Strength-based) Damage effect that also allows for tremendous leaps, accuracy and various Advantages. His defenses aren't too bad with the Thresher, but he's got a Jobber's saves nonetheless.

Jab's Notes:
Thresher Shark is kind of like the Serpent Society's Bushmaster- semi-sympathetic in that he actually NEEDS this job.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

I'm loving the Agents of Aquarius! Given my propensity toward JLI/Excalibur type humor I would stick these jobbers in every comic I could were I a writer. Not to mention at least Thresher has some degree of sympathetic pathos and that's always a winner.

They're just too awesome.