BSDQ's OCverse Builds

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
bsdigitalq

SHE: Lady Winter

Post by bsdigitalq »

LADY WINTER
PL 10 (220)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 5

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+5)
Athletics 4 (+5)
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+8)
Expertise: Business 6 (+11)
Expertise: Nobility 6 (+11)
Insight 4 (+8)
Perception 4 (+8)
Persuasion 7 (+12)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 1 (+6)
Vehicles 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Attractive 2, Beginner's Luck, Benefit 4 (Status- Socialite, Emory estate), Benefit 4: Wealth 4, Connected, Contacts, Daze (Deception), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Extraordinary Effort, Fascinate (Persuasion), Improved Aim, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Move-by Action, Ranged Attack 5, Redirect, Set-up, Taunt, Teamwork

Powers:
“Cold Control & Ice Generation”
“Ice Slides” Flight 5 (60 mph) (Extra: Affects Others) (Flaw: Platform) [10]
Enhanced Trait 4 (Defensive Roll 2, Evasion 2) [4]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation: Ice) [2]
“The Cold Never Bothered Me” Immunity 1 (Cold) [1]

“Freezing Blast” Affliction 12 (Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized, Paralyzed or Incapacitated; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage) (Extras: Cumulative, Dynamic, Extra Condition, Increased Range) (49) – [66]
  • Dynamic AE: “Freezing Wave” Affliction 10 (Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized, Paralyzed or Incapacitated; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage) (Extras: Area- 60 ft. Cone, Cumulative, Extra Condition) (40)
  • Dynamic AE: “Freezing Stream” Affliction 10 (Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized, Paralyzed or Incapacitated; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage) (Extras: Area- 5x30 ft Line, Cumulative, Extra Condition) (40)
  • Dynamic AE: “Generate Ice” Create 10 (1000 cft.) (Extras: Innate, Precise) (Flaw: Permanent) (22)
  • Dynamic AE: “Ice Slick” Affliction 10 (Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Prone; Resisted by Dodge) (Extras: Area- 30 ft Burst, Extra Condition, Increased Range) (Flaw: Limited Degree) (30)
  • Dynamic AE: “Ice Slick” Affliction 10 (Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Prone; Resisted by Dodge) (Extras: Area- 30 cft. Shapeable, Extra Condition, Increased Range) (Flaw: Limited Degree) (30)
  • Dynamic AE: “Ice Projectile” Blast 10 (Extra: Accurate) (21)
  • Dynamic AE: “Blizzard” Environment 5 (500 ft) (Cold, Impede Movement, Visibility 2) (15)
  • AE: “Drain Heat” Affliction 10 (Fatigued, Exhausted, Incapacitated; Resisted by Fortitude) (Accurate, Increased Range) (21)
  • AE: “Embrittling Cold” Weaken Toughness 10 (Resisted by Fortitude) (Accurate, Affects Objects Only, Increased Range) (21)
  • AE: “Cold Insulation Field” Immunity 10 (Cold Effects) (Extras: Affects Others, Area- 30 ft Burst, Sustained) (30)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Projectile +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Drain Heat/Embrittle +10 (+10 Effect, DC 20)
Freezing Blast +8 (+12 Effect, DC 22)
Area Afflictions (+10 Effect, DC 20)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +4 (+9 w/Def. Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +10

Complications:

Enemy (Evangeline Xavier)- The Mistress of the Immaculate Court is a direct rival to Elizabeth, both as a businesswoman and as a heroine. Evangeline would like nothing more than to bring Lady Winter, SHE, and her business crashing down.

Enemy (The Immaculate Court)- Though to a much lesser extent than Evangeline, the Immaculate Court is interested in Elizabeth Emory, but is of two minds about what to do with her: some members want her to join their ranks, while others think that taking her and SHE down and then splitting her estate up among themselves is the only proper solution. Either way, Elizabeth has some powerful people to worry about...

Enemy (Lady Oudine)- Lady Oudine of Overthrow really hates Elizabeth's guts. Why? Cause Elizabeth once called her a "slut" because of her outfit.

Fame- Elizabeth Emory was a world famous celebrity even before she became a member of SHE. That has simply added onto her considerable pop culture presence.

Fortune- Elizabeth's vast wealth and corporate holdings are well known, as is her preference for the finer things in life. All have been the target of numerous villains over the years for various reasons.

Motivation (Herself)- At the end of the day, all Elizabeth cares about is herself, and her protective instincts lie squarely in what she believes belong to her. That includes SHE and it's members. But sometimes, she wonders if that's true anymore...

Motivation (Thrills)- Elizabeth can bore rather easily. She always needs something new to experience or pursue. This is partly why she goes through as many lovers as she does.

Relationship (Justrix)- Meeting Lillian literally changed Elizabeth's life. She is one of the few people Elizabeth can actually call a true friend, and without Justrix's influence on her, she might've failed at being a heroine. And Justrix's influence has been great enough that Elizabeth is beginning to feel like she's doing this for more than selfish reasons.

Relationship (Richard Armitage)- Elizabeth's latest "boy toy" and object of interest for the tabloids is none other than Armitek CEO and president Richard Armitage, the latest in the long line of powerful industrialists who belong to the Armitage family.

Rivalry (Lady Victory)- Elizabeth's sister Victoria, not to be outdone, got her own set of Extraordinary enhancements and was able to leverage the Emory family influence to get herself membership in the Imperial Knights, one of the most prestigious hero teams in the world. The two of them are notorious for their lifelong game of one-upmanship between each other.

Reputation (Bimbo)- Elizabeth has cultivated a reputation as an ignorant, brain-dead socialite, and as a result, a lot of people don't take her seriously, and are derisive of her. Which is why the few times she drops the act and turns serious can be quite a shock. Even as a member of SHE, she still puts on this persona, annoying some of the other members, who only put up with it because they understand its an act. Not that they like the real Elizabeth much better...

Reputation (Member of SHE)- Because of their more overtly "feminist" angle, SHE is a highly controversial group around the world, and this extends to its individual members.

Reputation (Promiscuity)- Elizabeth Emory is notorious for the countless number of men she has dated and/or bedded over the years. If there is a pretty new actor or celebrity on the scene, she is determined to have him at least once. The good ones she tends to revisit.

Secret (Artificial Extraordinary)- Elizabeth's powers are all artificially created, which is hugely illegal in the post-UNEC era. While her scientists were good enough to fake their legitimacy as "naturally developed," if it was ever discovered that she was genetically engineered, it would spell huge amounts of trouble for her, SHE, her fortune, and even her sister and the Imperial Knights. If only there wasn't some self-righteous vigilante with a vast network of informants whose entire mission is based around exposing secrets of the corrupt and evil running around out there...

Secret (Two-Faced)- Or rather, three faced now. Elizabeth puts on different personas and personalities depending on the context she is in. Very seldom does the true Elizabeth appear, and some people have begun to catch on to this.

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 34 / Powers: 83 / Defenses: 21 (220)

Lady Winter is Elizabeth Emory, the heiress of a multi-billion dollar British industrial corporation, Winterfied Inc., and fortune built up by her father and grandfather. In public she puts on the persona of a vapid, unintelligent celebrity in the same fashion as Paris Hilton, but behind the obfuscated stupidity she is in fact a cold, calculating woman who keeps a close-eye on her possessions, even if she leaves the actual management of her company to its board of directors.

Her stint as a superhero was initially a publicity stunt, meant to alleviate her near-constant boredom and give her some excitement fitting with her public persona. After gaining her powers via a formula developed for her by company scientists, she quickly found out that being a superhero was more difficult than it looked, and if not for the intervention of Justrix, her career might've been cut short. The duo formed a partnership, and together conceived the idea that would become SHE. Her position as owner of Winterfield Inc. means SHE has a near unlimited source of money to fund itself with, and Lady Winter's devious cunning has proved very useful at times, though she tries to hide this side of herself from the rest of the team, creating a third persona that is less oblivious and stupid, but is not quite as devious or cunning as she truly is.
Jabroniville

Re: SHE: Lady Winter

Post by Jabroniville »

Lady Winter is rad (ugh, almost said "cool")! I like her origin, and the stew of contrasts that makes up her character- the idea that she's this vapid slut, but is actually more of an intelligent, wise hedonist (with Ethical Slut components) makes her a lot more interesting than if she was as stoic or as skanky as she would appear at either extreme.

Her public persona makes her shot on a Feminist Superteam interesting- I assume she'd rip on people for "Slut-Shaming" her. I'm digging that she's selfish as balls, and WANTS to be... but might not quite be that successful. It's the stuff of a Broadway show! I can totally see her singing a Megara-style "I don't want to be selfless, but god damn it- I can't help ittttttttttt!!!"
“The Cold Never Bothered Me” Immunity 1 (Cold) [1]
COPYCAT :P.

Ice people are always fun- honestly, I think it's my favorite power archetype to screw around with- way more interesting than Standard Blasters. It's kind of a shame that Iceman casts such a wide shadow over the world of comics for that concept, because it can go so many other places, and I never found him to be such a fantastic character.

The "Cold Insulation Field" is a neat trick.

Her Will Save is HUGE, and really gives off that "more than she seems" vibe- no Paris Hilton could be packing a +10 in that.

Looking at all your various superhero teams makes me think I need to add more- I have a couple, but usually themed around "JLA", "Teen Titans" and "JSA"- you seem to have a lot that are more "non-themed superhero squad", which would probably be much more numerous in a world populated by lots of superhumans. It's really making me rethink parts of my world.

Reputation (Promiscuity)- Elizabeth Emory is notorious for the countless number of men she has dated and/or bedded over the years. If there is a pretty new actor or celebrity on the scene, she is determined to have him at least once. The good ones she tends to revisit.
And here I was thinking my Miss Adventure was gonna be the only superhuman kinda like that. I like the... shamelessness of it. It's very "Tony Stark" in thinking.
Secret (Artificial Extraordinary)- Elizabeth's powers are all artificially created, which is hugely illegal in the post-UNEC era. While her scientists were good enough to fake their legitimacy as "naturally developed," if it was ever discovered that she was genetically engineered, it would spell huge amounts of trouble for her, SHE, her fortune, and even her sister and the Imperial Knights. If only there wasn't some self-righteous vigilante with a vast network of informants whose entire mission is based around exposing secrets of the corrupt and evil running around out there...
This aspect is pretty cool- that superhuman modifications are illegal, and she's harboring a secret.

It's funny- I was thinking "oh look, a standard Ice Character" and then I started reading more and more of her complications and history, and she's my favorite member of the squad by far. There are so many different stories you could tell with just her personality type. I'm still liking Jetstream's costume the best, but this one's my fave.
bsdigitalq

Re: SHE: Lady Winter

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:38 amLady Winter is rad (ugh, almost said "cool")! I like her origin, and the stew of contrasts that makes up her character- the idea that she's this vapid slut, but is actually more of an intelligent, wise hedonist (with Ethical Slut components) makes her a lot more interesting than if she was as stoic or as skanky as she would appear at either extreme.

Her public persona makes her shot on a Feminist Superteam interesting- I assume she'd rip on people for "Slut-Shaming" her. I'm digging that she's selfish as balls, and WANTS to be... but might not quite be that successful. It's the stuff of a Broadway show! I can totally see her singing a Megara-style "I don't want to be selfless, but god damn it- I can't help ittttttttttt!!!"
Yeah, I really had fun digging into her and figuring out just what makes her tick. I try to give my characters all an element of "hero of their story," but Elizabeth is someone I could easily get a lot of mileage out of for a solo series.
Ice people are always fun- honestly, I think it's my favorite power archetype to screw around with- way more interesting than Standard Blasters. It's kind of a shame that Iceman casts such a wide shadow over the world of comics for that concept, because it can go so many other places, and I never found him to be such a fantastic character.
Elementals are always fun to build. Mages tend to be a bit too versatile to be interesting unless there's a particular gimmick to them, and most blasters, psychics, and bricks tend to be a bit samey and generally have the same tricks. It's why I try to develop some attributes to make certain characters distinct from others with the same general power archetype.
The "Cold Insulation Field" is a neat trick.
And here's an example of what I was just talking about.
Looking at all your various superhero teams makes me think I need to add more- I have a couple, but usually themed around "JLA", "Teen Titans" and "JSA"- you seem to have a lot that are more "non-themed superhero squad", which would probably be much more numerous in a world populated by lots of superhumans. It's really making me rethink parts of my world.
Oh don't be fooled. There are loads of analogues running around. I just put more effort into developing them beyond that point than most people who create analogues.
And here I was thinking my Miss Adventure was gonna be the only superhuman kinda like that. I like the... shamelessness of it. It's very "Tony Stark" in thinking.
Always did dislike the negative attitude toward that sort of thing in women while its celebrated in men.
This aspect is pretty cool- that superhuman modifications are illegal, and she's harboring a secret.
Exactly. Not that it stops many people from dabbling in its. There's a HUGE black market for extraordinary genetic engineering and enhancements.
It's funny- I was thinking "oh look, a standard Ice Character" and then I started reading more and more of her complications and history, and she's my favorite member of the squad by far. There are so many different stories you could tell with just her personality type. I'm still liking Jetstream's costume the best, but this one's my fave.
Yeah, from a writing perspective she's definitely my favorite out of the SHE squad, and would be a big centerpiece of any story featuring just them.
bsdigitalq

SHE: Lunazon

Post by bsdigitalq »

LUNAZON
PL 11 (235)
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Deception 6 (+10)
Expertise: Space Lord 8 (+11)
Expertise: Space Traveler 6 (+9)
Insight 1 (+5)
Intimidation 8 (+12)
Investigation 2 (+5)
Perception 4 (+8)
Persuasion 4 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+7)
Technology 4 (+7)
Vehicles 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Evasion, Fast Grab, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical 2 (Battlestaff), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Jack-of-all-trades, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 6, Seize Initiative, Set-up, Startle, Takedown 2, Teamwork

Powers:
“Space Lord Physiology”
“Amazonian Stature” Growth 1 (STR & STA +1, +1 mass, -1 Dodge/Parry, -1 Stealth) (Extra: Innate) (Flaw: Permanent) [3]
Immunity 8 (Aging, Disease, Heat, Cold, Pressure, Poison, Suffocation) [8]
Leaping 3 (60 feet) [3]
Regeneration 5 [5]

“Low Grade Space Lord Armor” (Removable) [21]
Flight 7 (250 mph) (14)
Impervious Toughness 12 (12)
“Universal Translator” Comprehend 2 (Languages- Understand All, You’re Understood) (4)

“Low Grade Basic Space Lord Battlestaff” (Easily Removable) (Extra: Indestructible) [21]
“Energy Blast” Blast 10 (Extras: Homing, Penetrating 8, Variable Descriptor: Heat or Force) (30) – (34)
  • AE: Dazzle 10 (Vision Impaired, Disabled, Unaware; Resisted by Dodge) (Extras: Cumulative, Increased Range) (Flaw: Limited to Vision) (20)
  • AE: “Grounded Line Blast” Affliction 10 (Dazed and Vulnerable, Prone and Stunned; Resisted by Dodge) (Extras: Area- 5x30 ft Line, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited to grounded targets, Limited Degree) linked to Damage 10 (Extra: Area- 5x30 ft Line) (Flaw: Limited to grounded targets) (20)
  • “Repelling Burst” Move Object 10 (25 tons) (Extras: Area- 30 ft. Burst, Damaging) (Flaws: Limited Direction: Away, Reduced Range) (20)
  • “Staff Strike” Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Penetrating 8, Reach 2- 10 ft. on Strength Damage (13)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Blast +10 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Afflictions +10 (+10 Effect, DC 20)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +12, Fortitude +12, Will +8

Complications:

Fear- Lunazon is afraid of the Space Lords acknowledging Earth's existence. Not only because it would force her to complete her exile and depart Space Lord territory entirely, but because of what would happen to Earth after being incorporated into the Imperial Spiral. She's pretty fond of the planet just the way it is.

Goal (Redemption)- Lunazon seeks to redeem herself from whatever it was that caused her to be ejected from Space Lord society.

Guilt (Deaths of Teammates)- Even though it was not her fault and there was nothing she could have done to change the outcome, Lunazon still feels responsible for the deaths of her previous team by the Harbinger.

Motivation (Revenge)- Lunazon greatly desires vengeance against the Harbinger for killing her past teammates and almost killing her too.

Relationship (Thunder Woman)- Out of the membership of SHE, it is Lunazon who has grown closest to Thunder Woman, enough for Lunazon to call her a friend. The duo like to pair up together and fight against enemies or spar in friendly battles.

Reputation (Amazonian Space Warrior)- Even though she can almost pass completely for a human, Lunazon's unusual height and muscle mass mark her as not being exactly normal, even by extraordinary standards. Even posing as a fitness model or competitive bodybuilder, she still draws attention to herself as something "different."

Reputation (Member of SHE)- Because of their more overtly "feminist" angle, SHE is a highly controversial group around the world, and this extends to its individual members.

Secret (Space Lord)- Lunazon's story to her fellow heroes is masked in vagueness and half-truths. She is not from some hidden civilization on the moon, but an outcast Space Lord exile. She has withheld this information in the hopes that humanity will never have to deal with the attention of the Space Lords.

Total: Abilities: 102 / Skills: 55--28 / Advantages: 32 / Powers: 61 / Defenses: 12 (235)

Lunazon is the one member of SHE who is a frequent ally and friend of Thunder Woman outside of the team itself, at first due to their mutually impressive powers and skills as fighters, but then through personal differences and similarities. She claims to be an alien from a hidden civilization of futuristic superhumans that live on the dark side of the moon, but was exiled from it to Earth for an unspecified transgression that she is quite embarrassed by. This is only...partly true.

In actuality, Lunazon is a former member of the Space Lords, the ultra-powerful, militaristic extraterrestrial race that rules the Imperial Spiral, the single largest continuous domain of controlled space in the galaxy, so vast that Earth and the Solar System exist within its boundaries without either being aware of the other. The "futuristic civilization of superhumans on the Moon" is a complete fabrication. This is because, as Earth still lies within Space Lord territory, she is afraid that she might be discovered by some hidden Space Lord scout or spy and forced to leave Earth, which is something she does not want to happen, as she quite likes living on Earth, where even an outcast Space Lord with their crappiest low grade armor and weapons can still be a badass warrior.

On Earth, Lunazon quickly hooked up with an upstart team of heroes calling themselves the "Vindicators," and for a while she felt like she'd found her niche. But it wasn't to last. When the enigmatic extraterrestrial menace known as the Harbinger entered Earth space, the Vindicators intercepted it to ascertain its intentions. It made those clear by absolutely slaughtering the assembled heroes. It almost killed Lunazon too, if not for the intervention of a number of other heroes, including Thunder Woman. But it was the arrival of Captain Meteor and his wife Virago that helped prevent an even greater slaughter, even though they proved unable to cause any permanent harm or disable the entity, which inexplicably chose to flee in the middle of the battle for no apparent reason, putting a mark on the senselessness of the whole ordeal.

This left Lunazon alone to mourn the memory of her fallen comrades. In the aftermath, Justrix and Thunder Woman would help comfort Lunazon, eventually leading to her joining SHE, where she has recovered enough to become a badass heroine once more. Still, the memory of what happened haunts Lunazon. She hopes to have a chance to avenge herself and her dead friends upon the Harbinger. In the meantime, she continues to be a heroine, even helping Thunder Woman out during Dominus' invasion of Earth by personally battling his daughter Apextra and then later assisting Thunder Woman against Nemo Oudeis and his followers.
Jabroniville

Re: SHE: Lunazon

Post by Jabroniville »

LUNAZON
PL 11 (235)

A muscular, fitness-model quality chick with natural Growth? Jesus, who's gonna be interested in THIS character?!

*grabs tissues*
“Energy Blast” Blast 10 (Extras: Homing, Penetrating 8, Variable Descriptor: Heat or Force) (30) – (34)
  • AE: Dazzle 10 (Vision Impaired, Disabled, Unaware; Resisted by Dodge) (Extras: Cumulative, Increased Range) (Flaw: Limited to Vision) (20)
  • AE: “Grounded Line Blast” Affliction 10 (Dazed and Vulnerable, Prone and Stunned; Resisted by Dodge) (Extras: Area- 5x30 ft Line, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited to grounded targets, Limited Degree) linked to Damage 10 (Extra: Area- 5x30 ft Line) (Flaw: Limited to grounded targets) (20)
  • “Repelling Burst” Move Object 10 (25 tons) (Extras: Area- 30 ft. Burst, Damaging) (Flaws: Limited Direction: Away, Reduced Range) (20)
  • “Staff Strike” Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Penetrating 8, Reach 2- 10 ft. on Strength Damage (13)
Hm, I'm seeing some Space Barda attributes here. I can dig it.

Reputation (Amazonian Space Warrior)- Even though she can almost pass completely for a human, Lunazon's unusual height and muscle mass mark her as not being exactly normal, even by extraordinary standards. Even posing as a fitness model or competitive bodybuilder, she still draws attention to herself as something "different."
*hhhnnnggghhhhh...*
In actuality, Lunazon is a former member of the Space Lords, the ultra-powerful, militaristic extraterrestrial race that rules the Imperial Spiral, the single largest continuous domain of controlled space in the galaxy, so vast that Earth and the Solar System exist within its boundaries without either being aware of the other. The "futuristic civilization of superhumans on the Moon" is a complete fabrication. This is because, as Earth still lies within Space Lord territory, she is afraid that she might be discovered by some hidden Space Lord scout or spy and forced to leave Earth, which is something she does not want to happen, as she quite likes living on Earth, where even an outcast Space Lord with their crappiest low grade armor and weapons can still be a badass warrior.
I find this bit interesting. It seems to imply a general lack of space exploration compared to many comic book settings, otherwise more people would know about the Space Lords. Or that there was no special colony on the moon. It also gives this feeling of ensuing dread.
On Earth, Lunazon quickly hooked up with an upstart team of heroes calling themselves the "Vindicators," and for a while she felt like she'd found her niche. But it wasn't to last. When the enigmatic extraterrestrial menace known as the Harbinger entered Earth space, the Vindicators intercepted it to ascertain its intentions. It made those clear by absolutely slaughtering the assembled heroes. It almost killed Lunazon too, if not for the intervention of a number of other heroes, including Thunder Woman. But it was the arrival of Captain Meteor and his wife Virago that helped prevent an even greater slaughter, even though they proved unable to cause any permanent harm or disable the entity, which inexplicably chose to flee in the middle of the battle for no apparent reason, putting a mark on the senselessness of the whole ordeal.
Another interesting bit. These guys were probably disposable nobodies, unless they were un-used superheroes you didn't care for :). But I like the idea that the heroing thing is dangerous, and a lot of teams don't pan out and plenty of inexperienced heroes die young.

I really like her appearance- she comes off super-futuristic, plus "black & blue" always seem to work as costume colors. The white hair makes her look "pop", and the stripes lead the eye around the uniform.
danelsan

Re: BSDQ's OCverse Builds

Post by danelsan »

Hmm...the only thing I don't really like about this sort of situation, in which a PL 11 is the "crap" of an entire gigantic group, is that if this empire decides to cause trouble it tends to become somewhat farcical that Earth's heroes could actually win.

Also, if these guys are so powerful and advanced, how are alien invaders such as this Harbinger invading their territory undetected/uninterrupted to arrive on Earth?
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:18 amHm, I'm seeing some Space Barda attributes here. I can dig it.
The Space Lords are effectively this sort of quasi-Nova Corps/Green Lantern group, but with a more antagonistic edge to them. The thing they're most well known for in the setting is having some really freaking kickass power armor and weapons (to the point where even their low grade hand-me downs can instantly make someone PL 10), which are powerful enough to put them close to the top of the cosmic totem pole. However, they are far from the most powerful race in the universe; the Mulbod Unity and Kharyon Horde can both give them fits, and the Perdix and Empyreans are both generally more powerful than all but the most elite Space Lords.
I find this bit interesting. It seems to imply a general lack of space exploration compared to many comic book settings, otherwise more people would know about the Space Lords. Or that there was no special colony on the moon. It also gives this feeling of ensuing dread.
Yeah, in general Earth is a lot less "important" in the grand scheme of things than in Marvel or DC, and doesn't receive nearly as much extraterrestrial activity. Pre-Thunder Woman, there's only been one actual alien invasion, and a handful of incursions by various individual extraterrestrials. Similarly, there's not really that many actual space heroes connected to Earth; the only significant space heroes pre-Thunder Woman I can recall are Captain Meteor, Panopticon, Kosmos, and Journeyman. There's a *lot* of stuff going on in the galaxy, but Earth pretty much almost never is involved or aware of any of it.
Another interesting bit. These guys were probably disposable nobodies, unless they were un-used superheroes you didn't care for :). But I like the idea that the heroing thing is dangerous, and a lot of teams don't pan out and plenty of inexperienced heroes die young.
The Harbinger is effectively Thunder Woman's "Knight of Cerberus," and her first encounter with something seriously out of her league. And yeah, all the morts are effectively characters I've discarded over the years. Not like I was ever gonna use them anyway. Though events like this one won't be a common occurrence; I really don't want to be "superhero George R.R. Martin."
danelsan wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:55 pm Hmm...the only thing I don't really like about this sort of situation, in which a PL 11 is the "crap" of an entire gigantic group, is that if this empire decides to cause trouble it tends to become somewhat farcical that Earth's heroes could actually win.
Actually, what makes Lunazon PL 11 is her own personal prowess, The armor is actually PL 10, and that's only because of the two area attacks. An actual "crap" Space Lord would probably be a PL 9 minion; still formidable, especially in large numbers, but much more manageable.

Also, when the Space Lords do eventually turn their attention toward Earth for real, it's not going to play out like a typical invasion story, or even be an invasion story. I'm actually quite looking forward to developing that story one day because of its atypicalness.
Also, if these guys are so powerful and advanced, how are alien invaders such as this Harbinger invading their territory undetected/uninterrupted to arrive on Earth?
What makes you think the Harbinger's travels weren't interrupted before it arrived at Earth? ;)

There's a whole slew of reasons why these things happen, and I haven't reached the relevant characters or entries to properly explain the whole galactic situation and how things operate in the Imperial Spiral.

In regards to the Harbinger specifically, every attempt to intercept it or investigate it has resulted in the interlopers vanishing (including Space Lords), just like all of the planets that the Harbinger has visited. That Earth didn't vanish when the Harbinger visited it is one of the things that starts to draw more extraterrestrial activity to the planet.
bsdigitalq

SHE: Massive

Post by bsdigitalq »

MASSIVE (Nitra Gundamar)
PL 11 (138)
STRENGTH
2/14 STAMINA 2/14 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise: Construction 4 (+7)
Expertise: Humanitarianism 6 (+9)
Insight 4 (+6)
Intimidation 4 (+6/+15)
Perception 4 (+6)
Persuasion 4 (+6)
Technology 4 (+7)
Vehicles 5 (+7)

Advantages:
All-out Attack, Diehard, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Hitting Power), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Inspire, Interpose, Languages 2 (Hindi, English, French), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Set-up, Takedown, Teamwork, Withstand Damage

Powers:
“Growing”
“~60 feet” Growth 12 (+12 STR & STA, +12 mass, +6 Intimidate, -6 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -12 Stealth) [24]
Enhanced Trait 4 (Dodge +2, Parry +2) (Flaw: Limited to when using growth) [2]

“Max Size- ~120 feet” Growth +6 (+18 Mass, +9 Intimidate, -9 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -18 Stealth) (Flaw: Limited to Increasing Size Only) [3]
Enhanced Trait 4 (Dodge +2, Parry +2) (Limited to max size only) [2]

“Growth Powers”
Power-Lifting 2 (1600 tons) [2]
Protection 2 (Flaw: Limited to max size) [1]
Speed +2 (30 mph w/Growth) [2]

“Giant-sized Hands and Feet” AE’s off Strength [3]
  • AE: “Massive Smash” Damage 11 (Extra: Area- 30 ft. Burst) (Flaw: Limited to max size) (11)
  • AE: “Hitting Power” Strength-based Damage 2 (Flaws: Inaccurate, Limited to max size) (1)
  • AE: “Shockwave” Affliction 11 (Dazed and Vulnerable, Stunned and Prone; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude) (Extras: Area- 30 ft. Burst, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited to targets on the ground, Limited Degree) (11)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Growth 12 Unarmed, +8 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Max Size Unarmed, +6 (+16 Damage, DC 31)
Massive Smash (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Shockwave (+11 Effect, DC 21)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8/+4/+3 (DC 18/14/13), Parry +8/+4/+3 (DC 18/14/13), Toughness +2 (+14 w/Growth, +16 at max size), Fortitude +2 (+14 w/Growth), Will +7

Complications:

Enemy (Central Power Agency)- Even before her encounter with the CPA, Nitra had a dim view of the Indian government due to its draconian policy toward extraordinaries. When the CPA actually went after her, it did little to improve her perception of them.

Enemy (SODAM)- SODAM is the major big bad in India and southeast Asia, so it was inevitable that Massive would fight him. Because of her strong focus on humanitarian work and improving quality of life, SODAM has taken an interest in appealing to the common goals the two of them share, given that SODAM was created to perform similar duties as Massive. Though SODAM's tendency toward mass destruction and genocide has helped alienate Nitra from his cause.

Motivation (Humanitarianism)- Nitra is not particularly interested in heroism, and only does so because of the frequency of threats to the lives of those who she tries to help. Her trues passion is helping to improve the lives of the impoverished and destitute by helping to construct or repair homes or infrastructure, or create projects that will bring prosperity to a community.

Relationship (Raksaka-Gana)- In contrast with the CPA, Nitra has nothing but good will toward India's main association of heroes (team would not be accurate, given the sheer size and scope of the group), who have helped her in battles against giant monsters and villains like SODAM and Jagganath, as well as intervening when the CPA attempted to arrest Massive.

Rivalry (Skytower, Redwood)- As is typical, heroes with similar powers are always compared against one another by enthusiasts. In Massive's case, it's against fellow size-growers Skytower (of the Canadian hero team Concorde) and Redwood (of the Statesmen).

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 37--19 / Advantages: 23 / Powers: 39 / Defenses: 11 (138)

Massive is Nitra Gundamar, a heroine from India. Her parents sent her to the United Kingdom for an education in the hopes of providing for the family. When she returned as an adult, India seemed alien and foreign to her. With crime and poverty rampant, she determined to use her powers to help improve her hometown. Her size proved useful in constructing homes in towns, reservoirs for water, and barricades against monsoon floods, while also fighting off gangsters, giant monsters, and other assorted threats.

However, her greatest enemy proved to be none other than the Indian government, which threatened to seize her works and arrest her for not getting permits, and generally working outside the law. She was nearly forced to serve as an agent for the India's main extraordinary bureaucracy, the Central Power Agency, but her appeal for help led to the intervention of Justrix and India's resident superteam, the Raksaka-Gana. Together, they were able to dissuade the CPA from taking action, and the Indian authorities eventually relented, albeit begrudgingly. Following this incident, Nitra was offered a chance to work with SHE, who would in turn help her in her efforts to improve India. She accepted the offer, and has been quite happy ever since, even if she feels less fighting and more construction would be best.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

hmm.... something about Massive appeals to me... I can't quite put my finger on why...

But seriously, I dig the "humanitarian" aspect. Is India really that bureaucratic about things, or is that a function of your universe? I recall a lot of India being descended into poverty and lawlessness, sure, but I didn't know the government was way into controlling everything.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:55 amIs India really that bureaucratic about things, or is that a function of your universe? I recall a lot of India being descended into poverty and lawlessness, sure, but I didn't know the government was way into controlling everything.
Kinda/sorta. I based some of it on some readings I did on the Indian military and security agencies, but for the most part I developed it as a way to distinguish India a bit from the other nations- whereas most countries have official teams of heroes, India takes a different approach and has an agency with extraordinary agents, who function less like a unit of soldiers and more like superpowered FBI agents.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Anyway, so that's it for SHE, and outside of the Greek Gods, all of Thunder Woman's heroic allies and supporting cast! Next up: villains! But first, a short break while I work on builds. :)
bsdigitalq

Apotheos

Post by bsdigitalq »

APOTHEOS (Lord Conrad Solomon)
PL 12 (380)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 6

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 4 (+10)
Deception 8 (+14)
Expertise: Business 8 (+15)
Expertise: History 6 (+13)
Expertise: Magic 4 (+11)
Expertise: Mythology 6 (+13)
Insight 8 (+17/+13),
Intimidation 8 (+14)
Investigation 8 (+15)
Perception 8 (+17/+13)
Persuasion 6 (+12)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+8)
Technology 4 (+11)
Treatment 4 (+11)
Vehicles 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Artificer, Assessment, Attractive, Benefit: Cipher 3, Benefit: Wealth 4 (Multimillionare), Connected, Contacts, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Equipment 11, Fascinate (Intimidation), Fascinate (Persuasion), Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Improved Trip, Jack-of-all-trades, Languages 4 (English, Arabic, French, German, Greek, Latin), Leadership, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Ritualist, Startle, Takedown, Trance, Uncanny Dodge, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break, Well-informed

Powers:
“Amulet of Argus” (Easily Removable) [47]
“Scrying” Remote Sensing 16 (Visual, Auditory, Mental; 250 miles) (65) – (73)
  • Dynamic AE: “Revealing Light” Nullify 12 (Concealing or Illusory Effects) (Extras: Area- 30 ft. Burst, Simultaneous) (Flaw: Reduced Range) (24)
  • Dynamic AE: Mind Reading 12 (Extra: Sensory Link) (36)
  • Dynamic AE: “Repulsive Field” Move Object 12 (100 tons) (Extras: Damaging, Reaction) (Flaw: Limited Direction: Away, Reduced Range) (48)
  • Dynamic AE: “Premonitions” Enhanced Trait 1 (Second Chance) linked to Senses 4 (Precognition) (Flaw: Limited to Second Chance) linked to Senses 2 (Danger Sense, Radius Vision) (Extra: Uncanny Dodge) (6)
Enhanced Trait 4 (Insight +4, Perception +4) (4)

“Bathed in the River Styx”
Enhanced Stamina 7 [14]
Immunity 16 (Aging, Fatigue Effects, Life Support) [16]
“Nigh Invulnerable” Immunity 80 (Toughness Effects) (Flaw: Limited- Half Effect) [40]
Impervious Toughness 12 [12]
Leaping 2 (30 ft) [2]
Speed 4 (30 mph) [4]

“Create Golems”
Summon 5 (Extras: Horde, Multiple Minions 2: 4 minions, Variable Descriptor: Humanoid or Animalistic) (Flaw: Source- Materials of his environment) [31]

Equipment:
Resources & Minions [10]
“Sword” Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Improved Critical) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Sword +12 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Revealing Light/Mind Reading (+12 Effect, DC 22)
Repulsive Field (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +12, Fortitude +12, Will +12

Complications:

Identity- Conrad poses as his own descendant in the rare instances where he makes a public enough appearance to draw attention and inquiry.

Ladies Man- Provided that they are attractive enough in his eyes, Conrad just *loves* surrounding himself in beautiful women and attracting more to him. He will flirt with and even pursue any woman he deems worthy of his attention.

Motivation (Becoming a God)- Ever since his dip in the river Styx, Conrad has become convinced that it is his destiny and right to become a god, just like one of the Olympians. While he has been able to convince his legion of followers that he is in fact a living, physical god, he will not rest until he acquires all of the divine attributes of a true deity.

Motivation (Forming a Pantheon)- While it is secondary to achieving his own personal apotheosis, Apotheos intends on forming a pantheon of his own, composed of hand picked individuals, with him as the Skyfather at the top.

Obsession (Power)- Ultimately, Conrad's entire quest to become a god essentially boils down to an obsession with power, and he believes godhood is the ultimate form of power above all others, beyond knowledge, money, influence, or strength.

Phobia (Loss of Immortality)- Conrad is irrationally afraid of the possibility that his immortality and nigh-invulnerability could fade away or be taken from him.

Quirk (Snob)- Conrad has a taste for the finer things in life, and tends to look at most anything as being uncivilized and beneath him. This extends to certain behaviors and personalities.

Relationship (Miranda Iryn)- After things fell through with Hera, Apotheos found a new partner in the form of Miranda Iryn, the most powerful woman on Earth, and he assists her in her plans for Olympus and the Dodekatheon, with the presumption that together they will form the new pantheon to supplant the old gods.

Relationship (Thunder Woman)- Ever since he first met her, Conrad has been obsessed with Samantha and her divinely empowered alter-ego. While Miranda Iryn is a major inclusion in his planned pantheon, Conrad would like to include Thunder Woman in that pantheon as his queen and partner. Thus, most of his schemes involve either wooing or coercing Thunder Woman into joining his side, with him threatening her personal and professional life thanks to being a member of the Newport University Board of Directors and a major financial contributor to NPU.

Responsibility (British Lord)- Conrad has carefully maintained and preserved his aristocratic status in British government and society, and continues to do so, as it is his main source of power and where he draws a lot of the members of his cult from.

Rivalry (Hera)- Apotheos and Hera used to be allies, with Hera promising Conrad divinity and a place in the Heratheon, and Apotheos helping to build a power base for her on Earth as Olympus comes into dimensional alignment, using his cult to seek out and guard some of the few gateways connecting Earth and Olympus. However, they have since parted ways, and while not exactly full on enemies, there is a certain amount of antagonism between the two that precludes another alliance. Not that that was ever going to last given the goals of the two individuals.

Total: Abilities: 98 / Skills: 98 -- 49 / Advantages: 52 / Powers: 166 / Defenses: 15 (380)
APOTHEOS GOLEM
PL 8 (50)
STRENGTH 10 STAMINA -- AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -- AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE --

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold

Powers:
Growth 2 (+2 STR, +2 Toughness, +2 mass, +1 Intimidate, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) [4]
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 8 [8]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +10, Fortitude Immune, Will None

Total: Abilities: -4 / Skills: 0 -- 0 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 42 / Defenses: 9 (50)
Apotheos is the psuedonym of Lord Conrad Solomon, a 19th century British nobleman, adventurer, and archaeologist who developed a god complex after achieving immortality and invulnerability via the discovery of the river Styx and bathing in it. Ever since that time he has steadily built his own secret empire of followers, looting and pillaging hidden places looking for whatever will allow him to achieve literal godhood. In the process he has amassed a considerable number of arcane and mystic tools and weapons and has become a formidable sorcerer in his own right. Ever since she became Thunder Woman, Apotheos has sought to make her a member of a new "pantheon" under his leadership, or alternatively take her divine powers and make them his own. In fact it was his cultists, via a pact he made with Hera, who were inadvertently responsible for instigating the events that eventually led to Samantha becoming Thunder Woman!

But beyond his own vast resources and mad ambition, Apotheos poses a threat not just to Thunder Woman, but to Samantha's very livelihood as an academic and archaeologist, thanks to being one of the largest donors to Newport University and its board of directors, and he is often the employer of the rival diggers, tomb raiders, and mercenaries that Samantha has had to confront at the digs and expeditions sponsored by NPU.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Neat! I like the Xanatos-like, "wannabe God" thing, and his status as a nuisance both in battle (trouble he's more versatile than mighty) and in real life.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:08 pm Neat! I like the Xanatos-like, "wannabe God" thing, and his status as a nuisance both in battle (trouble he's more versatile than mighty) and in real life.
Indeed, but more than anything, I think what Apotheos' threat to Samantha revolves around the temptation he instills in her, the temptation for power, to rise above all of the problems of her life, break free of society's restrictions, and be truly "free" to do whatever she wants. That's what makes him truly a major villain for her, the way he instills doubt in what she wants, and the opportunity he presents. It's extremely tempting to her, in a way that, say, the Infernal Empress' manipulations aren't.
bsdigitalq

Dominus

Post by bsdigitalq »

DOMINUS
PL 13 (385)
STRENGTH
15 STAMINA 14 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 7 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 7

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+19)
Deception 6 (+13)
Expertise: Cosmic Lore 4 (+11)
Expertise: Intergalactic Conqueror 10 (+17)
Expertise: Science 3 (+10)
Expertise: Survival 5 (+12)
Expertise: Tactics 4 (+11)
Insight 8 (+13)
Intimidation 10 (+17)
Investigation 4 (+11)
Perception 6 (+11)
Persuasion 2 (+9)
Stealth 4 (+8)
Technology 4 (+11)
Treatment 4 (+11)
Vehicles 6 (+10)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Benefit 5: Intergalactic Conqueror, Chokehold, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Fascinate (Intimidation), Fascinate (Persuasion), Fast Grab, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Critical: Cosmic Energy & Psychic Powers, Improved Critical: Unarmed, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Jack-of-all-trades, Leadership, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Redirect, Speed of Thought, Startle, Takedown, Taunt, Tracking, Trance, Withstand Damage

Powers:
“Cosmically Charged Body”
Immunity 16 (Aging, Fatigue Effects, Life Support) [16]
Power-Lifting 5 [5]
Protection 2 (Extra: Impervious 16) [18]
Regeneration 6 [6]

“Mental Abilities”
“Personal Levitation” Flight 8 (500 mph) [16]
“Mind Shield” Immunity 5 (Mind Reading) (Flaw: Half Effect) [5]
Senses 10 (Accurate, Acute, Analytical, Counters Illusion, Radius, Ranged Mental Awareness, Danger Sense) [10]

“Cosmic Energy & Psychic Powers”
“Agony Beams” Affliction 15 (Dazed/Vulnerable, Stunned/Defenseless, Incapacitated; Resisted by Will) (Extras: Concentration, Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range) (75) – [85]
  • AE: “Agony Zone” Affliction 13 (Dazed/Vulnerable, Stunned/Defenseless, Incapacitated; Resisted by Will) (Extras: Area- 60 ft. Burst +2, Concentration, Cumulative, Extra Condition) (65)
  • AE: “Cosmic Eye Beams” Blast 17 (Extras: Penetrating 17, Precise) (52)
  • AE: “Cosmic Grab” Affliction 17 (Impaired/Vulnerable, Defenseless/Immobilized, Paralyzed; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength) (Extras: Concentration, Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range, Reversible) (Flaw: Instant Recovery) (69)
  • AE: “Cosmic Grasp” Affliction 13 (Impaired/Vulnerable, Defenseless/Immobilized; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength) (Extras: Area- 60 ft. Burst +2, Concentration, Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range, Reversible) (Flaws: Instant Recovery, Limited Degree) (53)
  • AE: “Cosmic Wave” Damage 13 (Extra: Area- 500 ft. Cone +4) (65)
  • AE: “Cosmic Stream” Damage 13 (Extra: Area- 15x120 ft. Line +4) (65)
  • AE: “Telepathy” Mental Communication 3 (Extras: Area, Selective) linked to Mind Reading 12 (Extra: Effortless) (54)
  • “Repelling Burst” Move Object 13 (200 tons) (Extras: Area- 120 ft. Burst +3, Damaging, Penetrating 12) (Flaws: Limited Direction: Away, Reduced Range) (65)
  • “Psychokinesis” Move Object 13 (25k tons) (Extras: Increased Mass 7, Increased Range) (46)
  • “Warp” Teleport 17 (500 miles carrying 50 tons) (Extras: Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Increased Mass 11, Turnabout) (65)

Equipment:

As many as needed for armies, attack fleets, weapons, etc.

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Agony Beams +9 (+15 Effect, DC 25)
Agony Zone/Cosmic Grasp (+13 Effect, DC 23)
Cosmic Eye Beams +9 (+17 Damage, DC 32)
Cosmic Grab +9 (+17 Effect, DC 27)
Area Attacks (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Mind Reading (+12 Effect, DC 22)
Initiative +11

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +16, Fortitude +14, Will +12

Complications:

Bigotry (Other Races)- Dominus considers all races other than the Pallen to be inferior and almost beneath notice. This even extends to races that by any objective standard are clearly mightier than the Pallen, like the Space Lords, Perdix, and the Empyreans.

Enemies (Intergalactic)- Dominus and the Pale Dominion's rise and conquest of a large chunk of the galaxy has made him innumerable enemies in every single race and faction in the Milky Way galaxy.

Enemy (Nerig)- Dominus never really cared for his son. He hoped that his progeny would develop into an effective and worthy successor, a leader of the next generation of Pallen, but he was disappointed in his son's development and inability to be shaped into what he wanted his son to become. This mistreatment, coupled with Dominus' favortism of Nerig's sister Apextra, has resulted in Nerig declaring himself an enemy to everything his father stands for. Dominus, in turn, has utterly disowned his son, and has vowed to beat him into submission the next time they meet.

Hatred (The Shale)- While Dominus is an utter bigot toward all other races, he reserves a particular hatred toward the Shale, owing both to his upbringing as a slave during the Shale's oppressive enslavement of the Pallen, and to a general hatred of them for dominating his own kind. He has gone out of his way to treat the Shale in the worst ways possible, and once he has established the dominance of the Pallen, systematically genocide them in the most cruelly horrific and inefficient ways possible, to draw out their punishment as long as possible.

Motivation (Racial Supremacy)- Dominus fanatically believes the Pallen to the "supreme race" of the universe, and the end goal of his conquests is to dominate and wipe out all other races until only the Pallen are left.

Motivation (Revenge)- Dominus has some very special things in mind for those who created the plague that killed his wife, wiped out most of the Pallen, and rendered the survivors sexually incompatible.

Obsession (Racial Survival)- Ever since the devastating plague that wiped out a large percentage of the Pallen and rendered the rest completely infertile, Dominus has been desperately seeking a cure to the affliction, or if unable to do so, find a race that the Pallen can procreate with with minimal dilution of Pallen genetics.

Relationship (Apextra)- While Dominus has nothing but disappointment and loathing for his failure of a son, on the other hand he delights in his daughter, Apextra. While far from the powerhouse and bruiser that her father is, Apextra has become everything that Dominus would wish of his child, and more. While he would have preferred a worthy son to succeed him, Apextra is as close to the next best thing as possible in his eyes, and the two of them enjoy great fun in sparring or Dominus teaching his daughter the ways of war, survival, and the history of how the Pallen rose and fell. If there is one flaw in their otherwise intimate father/daughter relationship, it's Dominus' remaining desire to have a son succeed him, and no amount of his approval of Apextra is ever going to erase that knowledge from her mind.

Relationship (General Dulak)- General Dulak is Dominus' supreme commander and closest confidant and strategist, which is incredible given that Dulak is a friggin Shale. That Dominus would be willing to overlook Dulak's racial heritage in favor of his guidance and leadership speaks volumes of the Pale Dominion's supreme commander. But Dulak has not forgotten what Dominus did to the Shale in his initial conquest, nor is he blind to the continued persecution of the Shale, and he has secretly vowed revenge upon Dominus, waiting for the perfect moment to take Dominus down and then give him a taste of his own oppressive medicine.

Total: Abilities: 132 / Skills: 84--42 / Advantages: 39 / Powers: 159 / Defenses: 13 (385)

Dominus is an extraterrestrial warlord and intergalactic conqueror, risen from a life of slavery in an ethnic underclass, the Pallen, subjugated by the darker skinned Shale. After discovering some texts revealing that in the distant past his kind had once ruled a vast empire and were destined to become the "universal master race," he has taken it upon himself to fulfill that destiny. After liberating himself from slavery he traveled around the galaxy and trained with the masters of the cosmos in the secret arts of the universe, while also discovering the mighty technology of an ancient, long dead race known only as the Predecessors. After a long and arduous quest to strengthen and perfect himself, Dominus returned as a cosmic powerhouse to liberate his race and enslave the very masters who had once enslaved his people. Using his acquired knowledge and reverse engineered Predecessor technology, ships, and weapons, he turned his new kingdom into a galactic power to rival the likes of the Imperial Spiral and Mulbod Unity, committing genocide on a galactic scale and pushing his people to propagate more and more. But his enemies joined forces to devise the ultimate revenge against him: an engineered plague that wiped out a sizeable portion of Dominus' forces, and left all of the survivors unable to procreate with one another, effectively killing any chance of them being able to continue as genetically "pure."

Sterile and with the love of his life dead in his arms, Dominus' has only redoubled his efforts to annihilate his enemies and spread the "one true race" across the galaxy. Meanwhile, he has given his top general Dulak the mission of finding a world or race containing the beings least genetically distinct from the Pallen. Dulak believes that Earth is that world, humanity that race, and that Thunder Woman may even hold the key to reversing the effects of the plague. Now Dominus is penetrating into the territory of the Imperial Spiral itself, headed straight for Earth. Aside from some brief skirmishes with Dulak and his scout forces, Samantha has no idea what is coming, and so it is up to Dominus' rogue son, Nerig, to warn her and Earth of the looming threat of Dominus and his vast conquering fleet as they cut a swath through the Space Lords and their defenses.